Author Topic: Review of Ronnie's "Unbelievable" DVD + LOTS of pics.  (Read 3275 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Review of Ronnie's "Unbelievable" DVD + LOTS of pics.
« on: September 14, 2006, 10:42:04 PM »
Check it out on bodybuilding pro.com.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Re: Review of Ronnie's "Unbelievable" DVD + LOTS of pics.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 10:45:21 PM »
Awesome fucking video!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHA, RON.....

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 10:55:01 PM »
Tell me about it!  It was when I went back to get these screen grabs that I realized just how damn awesome it was.  Ronnie is even as strong as Bertil Fox on pressing movements and Bertil was freak through and through.  And that is Bertil's strength - to Ronnie, his chest is just average!  Ronnie is strong EVERYWHERE.  He doesn't just have ONE strong point.  And what are his flaws?  He has high and jutting lats and of course his midsection - big flipping deal  ???, people should compare him to the competition - not to perfection!  Every pro bodybuilders knows why Ronnie is #1 - I'm surprised some of the fans can't see it.  I think it's because they either despise guts (in that case, why follow modern bodybuilding?), or just had a favourite before (like Dorian) and will stick with that previous favourite no matter how illogical it may be.

Like my roommate - he's obsessed with LIVE and buys everything related to LIVE even though they are average now.  Once you have an irrational love of something, whether it be a music band, a lover, or a bodybuilder, it's hard to sort of shake it off.

Honestly, Ronnie is so damn good I'm in shock that anyone can not be stunned by his greatness.  Hell, pretty much every pro is.

I know I make jokes about Ronnie, but I do give him his props. Dude is unreal. From another planet.

There's no way Dorian was better than Ronnie, and I'm not a Ronnie fan........
HAHA, RON.....

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 10:59:16 PM »
REVIEW:

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/ronniecolemanunbelievabledvd2.html

PICS:

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/ronniecolemantheunbelievabledvd

BUY IT HERE

This is obviously a very old DVD but I felt it was appropriate to bring up for a few reasons: first to get a few commissions  ;D, secondly to introduce Marc's reviews to getbig and hopefully get some feedback, and lastly and most importantly to remind everyone why Ronnie is soon to make bodybuilding history by becoming nine time Mr. Olympia and show why that is just plain OBVIOUS and that he can keep the title as long as he wants.  Like Brian Dobson said, Ronnie can go on until he is 45 or 50 if he wants.  He is just that good and that far ahead of the competition.

Here is a picture of King from his DVD when he was bragging that he was 290 with abs.  ::)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=57660.0

I still don't get how people can "debate" that Ronnie is not as good as Dorian or doesn't deserve his victories.  ???  I would consider myself a pretty observant follower of bodybuilding but I've never quite figured that out.  Can somebody please explain that one to me like I'm a six year old?

I really think this post answers the question!!  By the way, this is what Ronnie Coleman considers 290 with abs:

Now keep in mind this was leading up to a contest where Ronnie was considered OFF!  He is so far ahead of everyone else it isn't even funny - it isn't even FAIR!  Most of all to Jay Cutler who would soon be six time Mr. Olympia if not for the big man standing in his way.  Truth be told, Jay isn't even CLOSE to Ronnie in the pictures above - and those pictures were from six years ago!  Not to mention that Jay is leaps and bounds ahead of everyone placed third and lower.  Ronnie is simply untouchable.  This thread should remind everyone who the man is, and that man is Ronnie Coleman.

Matt i truly believe that people who don't give Ronnie his credit are

1. clueless when it comes to what to look for on stage
2. Or are just racist....Some might not even think their racist but its there...

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 11:32:04 PM »

Kamali looks like your typical 2nd rate bloated juicehead that I see every day at the gym.  He looks like a chipmunk with all that water retention in his fat face.  What a horrible look.
N

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 11:41:24 AM »
If Gunter's arms are 23", how big are Ronnie's?  :o

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/gunterronniearms.html

gunter's arms MAY BE 23" in the offeseaon at his heaviest of 340. no way anything near that onstage with those lanky arms. 
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 11:42:43 AM »
one of the best bbing videos ever.

the front squat was crazy.  i've still havent seen anyone - powerlifter, strongman, etc. - perform front squats with 585.

this video shows coleman's greatest achievement - winning the Olympia while working as a cop.  very dedicated. 

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 11:46:37 AM »
one of the best bbing videos ever.

the front squat was crazy.  i've still havent seen anyone - powerlifter, strongman, etc. - perform front squats with 585.

this video shows coleman's greatest achievement - winning the Olympia while working as a cop.  very dedicated. 

I COncur....awesome DVD.

Only dvds i really liked where ROnnies last 2, and Cutlers last 2...4 dvds everyone should own.  8)

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 01:07:56 PM »
The DVD really says it all about why Ronnie is the best.  Over six years later and still nobody is close to what Ronnie was back then!
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 01:22:42 PM »
The DVD really says it all about why Ronnie is the best.  Over six years later and still nobody is close to what Ronnie was back then!
100% agreed! 8 Sandows and soon to be nine and people still have the nerve to carve him on this board. I'll never understand that mentality. Phil Heath this and that. Phil Heath is the size of one of Ronnie's legs.
PB

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 01:33:26 PM »
My favorite training DVD ever...i watch it all the time before i hit the gym. He is Mr. Intensity and there is not another bodybuilder even close to his training weights. like someone said, he is strong in everything!

No fake weights, all old school equipment and hardcore training! that is how it is supposed to be...

8)

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2006, 01:36:27 PM »
You know the comparison to Kamali really demonstrates why he is the champ. Talk about an out of this world physique. I still remember the first time I saw that video. My jaw dropped and stayed there. I have yet to see anyone compare to the man in overall size, strength and dare I say shape.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2006, 04:20:05 PM »

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2006, 04:21:33 PM »
best video i've ever seen i have it on VHS and i don't watch it as much because i don't have a remote control for my VCR.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2006, 06:52:12 PM »
best video i've ever seen i have it on VHS and i don't watch it as much because i don't have a remote control for my VCR.

LOL!  Always happens to me too.  You need to buy a universal remote - then lose the universal like I've done many times.  ;D

I would just love to look like this for a single day:

I swear I would laugh everything off if I looked like that.  Could you imagine someone trying to fight you and all you would have to do is hold his head as he takes shots in the air lol.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2006, 06:55:36 PM »
LOL!  Always happens to me too.  You need to buy a universal remote - then lose the universal like I've done many times.  ;D

I swear I would laugh everything off if I looked like that.  Could you imagine someone trying to fight you and all you would have to do is hold his head as he takes shots in the air lol.
i know, it's insane, me and a friend of mine met him about two months before that video was filmed in July 2000 at the Missouri State Show, he was huge and really quiet.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2006, 06:58:33 PM »
i know, it's insane, me and a friend of mine met him about two months before that video was filmed in July 2000 at the Missouri State Show, he was huge and really quiet.

I guess when you look like that you don't need to say much lol.  Even though I know pro bodybuilding involves a lot of drug use, Ronnie's sheer size, condition, and strength never ceases to blow me away.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2006, 07:01:28 PM »
I guess when you look like that you don't need to say much lol.  Even though I know pro bodybuilding involves a lot of drug use, Ronnie's sheer size, condition, and strength never ceases to blow me away.
he just walked around the place with his hands in his pockets, no ILS at all, makes you wonder about all the 190-210lb. guys you see who walk with ILS all the time.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2006, 07:03:57 PM »
a
Bodybuilding Pro.com

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2006, 07:05:38 PM »
How did you know I had it?  ;D
hahahaha, i'm sure you don't walk like that but there a few douchebags like that in my gym.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2006, 07:08:03 PM »

:o :o :o :o :o :o

I have a ripped version of it and watch it all the time! Never seen detail like that though I can't wait to buy the video in dvd quality! Best Video Period!
just push some weight!

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2006, 09:36:47 PM »
The unbelievable is the best BB video of all-time and is Ronnie's best. I slightly prefer it over his 1997 video. COR comes in a distant third.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2006, 09:37:22 PM »
He is Mr. Intensity.

8)

no, aaron maddron is "mr. intensity".