Author Topic: Men, do female muscles offend you?  (Read 56615 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Re: Men, do female muscles offend you?
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2006, 10:34:08 AM »
Of course and anyone would.  But here is another thought I bet men that dont like muscle on a women:

1)  would never go up to her and tell her to her face --- I think az touched on that
2)  never tell a fat women that they think she is fat

I think in actual fact there would be a discrimination law against the number 2) point.
If someone asked for my opinion or overheard me talking, I would stand by my statement. I think fat women need to be bombarded with messages that being big is not healthy.  Screw the astethic part about it, they need to lose weight to be healthier.  As for muscle women, I have made comments about two girls I know that were built like male BBer.  Damn, I know women who are down right cruel about that stuff.
Squishy face retard

Forbidden

• Getbig III
  • Live well, laugh often, love much
« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2006, 10:36:13 AM »
If someone asked for my opinion or overheard me talking, I would stand by my statement. I think fat women need to be bombarded with messages that being big is not healthy.  Screw the astethic part about it, they need to lose weight to be healthier.  As for muscle women, I have made comments about two girls I know that were built like male BBer.  Damn, I know women who are down right cruel about that stuff.

Yeah women are others womens worst enemies in some instances!  It is pathetic! Yeah I suppose you would have to stand by it if you were overheard, but would you go up to a FBB or a fatgirl and tell them what  you thought?  Just a question, I am not attacking!

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2006, 10:39:11 AM »
Yeah women are others womens worst enemies in some instances!  It is pathetic! Yeah I suppose you would have to stand by it if you were overheard, but would you go up to a FBB or a fatgirl and tell them what  you thought?  Just a question, I am not attacking!
To be honest (and this will contradict a past post that was made out of anger to az...I am man enough to admit it) I really don't think I am cruel enough to walk up to anyone and berate them, the only exception being some of the douchebags who lift at my gym.  I speak my mind but I wouldn't just walk up to some girl and say "hey sweetie, you really ought to lighten up on the Dbol" or "you really should put down the Double Double".
Squishy face retard

Forbidden

• Getbig III
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2006, 10:50:38 AM »
To be honest (and this will contradict a past post that was made out of anger to az...I am man enough to admit it) I really don't think I am cruel enough to walk up to anyone and berate them, the only exception being some of the douchebags who lift at my gym.  I speak my mind but I wouldn't just walk up to some girl and say "hey sweetie, you really ought to lighten up on the Dbol" or "you really should put down the Double Double".

Oh I dont doubt that, and I guess that is what I was meaning that I dont think most men or women for that matter would go up and say something like that.  Although having said that I am sure there are a lot of people that think it.  Sometimes it is purely out of jealousy as well (perhaps not for the fat girls) but the muscle development that some ladies have is so out of the realms for most women or men.  You know what it also has a lot to do with genetics.  Some people have the ability to gain muscle quite easily without a hell of a lot of chemical assistance.  Then I actually know people that take a shit load of stuff and they look like they hardly lift a weight.  So I dont think it has anything to do with chemical assistance.  It has a lot to do with discipline and genetics.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2006, 10:54:27 AM »
Oh I dont doubt that, and I guess that is what I was meaning that I dont think most men or women for that matter would go up and say something like that.  Although having said that I am sure there are a lot of people that think it.  Sometimes it is purely out of jealousy as well (perhaps not for the fat girls) but the muscle development that some ladies have is so out of the realms for most women or men.  You know what it also has a lot to do with genetics.  Some people have the ability to gain muscle quite easily without a hell of a lot of chemical assistance.  Then I actually know people that take a shit load of stuff and they look like they hardly lift a weight.  So I dont think it has anything to do with chemical assistance.  It has a lot to do with discipline and genetics.
Could be all of those things.  I agree though that there are alot of guys that take juice and just look bloated with acne.
Squishy face retard

Forbidden

• Getbig III
« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2006, 10:57:36 AM »
Could be all of those things.  I agree though that there are alot of guys that take juice and just look bloated with acne.

Yeah we have so many of them in our gym.  I live in Australia and we seem to have a problem with a certain nationality that take steroids just to look big.  They only look bloated and fat really.  They look quite big in clothes but have no quality.  Makes me laugh but I guess they are happy!

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2006, 12:12:18 PM »
Good call!!!!  No of course no-one ever says anything to anyones face! 

Gosh I wish this were true!  You all know what I look like and I get negative comments so I can't imagine what many of the larger bbers get.  At the gym I have been working out at for the past 4 years a guy in his mid-40's is lifting near me.  Now about 3 months earlier he had made a comment to me as my friend (a trainer at the gym) and I were doing deadlifts.  He looked at me and said "it is just too kuch" and then to her, "you don't want to look like her do you?" 

I was stunned to silence...doesn't happen too often.  Well now in my off-season about 2 months go I am lifting near him doing pull-ups.  He looks at me and says oh, you must be off-season.  I laugh (trying to be friendly even though I hate the f-er) and say yeah can you tell from my rolls...haha.  Then he says "I just don't understand why you do this to yourself.  Your face is so pretty but all of this, he motions to my body, is just too much."  Well I had it with him, it took all I had not to punch him, but I said, "are you serious-for one I am not that big but would you go up to an obese person and look at their face and say, you have such a pretty face, but all of this and point at their body???"  He replies, "no that is different" I said "yeah, it is different because I work my ass off in the gym to look like this, I want to look like this and I DIDN'T ask for your opinion on MY body."  He says "you misunderstand"  like he was trying to give me a compliment on my face and that I could be sooo beautiful if only I didn't have this repulsive body  ::)  errrrr, he pissed me off.  Not sure why I got so worked up because for the most part I don't care what people say about me, I think it was the fact he had the nerve to say it to me twice, in the middle of my workout and thought it was completely normal.

Anyway...it is stupid comments like that that really make me push harder in the gym.  Just for the record though please don't make these comments to us, no matter how much our body repulses you...keep it to yourself. 
Jennifer

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2006, 12:50:49 PM »
Gosh I wish this were true!  You all know what I look like and I get negative comments so I can't imagine what many of the larger bbers get.  At the gym I have been working out at for the past 4 years a guy in his mid-40's is lifting near me.  Now about 3 months earlier he had made a comment to me as my friend (a trainer at the gym) and I were doing deadlifts.  He looked at me and said "it is just too kuch" and then to her, "you don't want to look like her do you?" 

I was stunned to silence...doesn't happen too often.  Well now in my off-season about 2 months go I am lifting near him doing pull-ups.  He looks at me and says oh, you must be off-season.  I laugh (trying to be friendly even though I hate the f-er) and say yeah can you tell from my rolls...haha.  Then he says "I just don't understand why you do this to yourself.  Your face is so pretty but all of this, he motions to my body, is just too much."  Well I had it with him, it took all I had not to punch him, but I said, "are you serious-for one I am not that big but would you go up to an obese person and look at their face and say, you have such a pretty face, but all of this and point at their body???"  He replies, "no that is different" I said "yeah, it is different because I work my ass off in the gym to look like this, I want to look like this and I DIDN'T ask for your opinion on MY body."  He says "you misunderstand"  like he was trying to give me a compliment on my face and that I could be sooo beautiful if only I didn't have this repulsive body  ::)  errrrr, he pissed me off.  Not sure why I got so worked up because for the most part I don't care what people say about me, I think it was the fact he had the nerve to say it to me twice, in the middle of my workout and thought it was completely normal.

Anyway...it is stupid comments like that that really make me push harder in the gym.  Just for the record though please don't make these comments to us, no matter how much our body repulses you...keep it to yourself. 
And you have a great body to show for it "Beast". You look phenomenal.

PB

Forbidden

• Getbig III
« Reply #108 on: December 13, 2006, 01:27:53 PM »

Good on you for saying that to him --- what an absolute arse!! and how rude!!  I hope he slinked off with his tail between his legs. 

LENSNART

• Getbig II
« Reply #109 on: December 13, 2006, 02:09:18 PM »

I live in Australia and we seem to have a problem with a certain nationality that take steroids just to look big. 

Hmmmmm they would'nt be a certain element that biffs "life savers" by any chance ??

LENSNART

• Getbig II
« Reply #110 on: December 13, 2006, 02:11:52 PM »
go up to a  fatgirl and tell them what  you thought? 

You mean like ... "when's it due."

Never ever, ever ask that unless you have proof form an obstetrician she is really pregnant.

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
  • REAL explosive strength!
« Reply #111 on: December 13, 2006, 02:12:06 PM »
Damn it, I get so TIRED of the IGNORANT MORONS who post on Getbig forums, make negative comments about FBB, and yet don’t know “shiit from shinola” about the subject??!

Bodybuilding??  Do you mean a recreational female weight-trainer…who is a “bodybuilder”…since she is using progressive resistance exercise (hopefully, progressive and not just "flailing around" with little 5-10 lb. DB’s), or a woman who competes in the “sport” (I think the word “art form” is a better descriptor…not meaning to say that many FBBers aren’t excellent athletes, as well!)??!

I have been training and advising women in the martial-arts since the early 70’s and have always encouraged them to supplement their MA training with the fundamental progressive resistance weightlifting exercises (e.g. squats, deadlifts, good mornings, rows, overhead and flat/incline bench presses) for the purpose of building basic body strength.  Many of these women became much stronger than (could outlift) the average man and looked VERY feminine.  I don’t know if any of them took BB drugs.

The ignorance lies in the failure of these FBB bashing morons/novices to understand the difference between the competitive FBBers abnormal greatly reduced bwt., dehydrated, facially-drawn, “pre-contest” look and how VERY different these FBBers look in their much more normal “off-season” look under normal lighting, relaxed, "dressed-to-kill", etc….stunning to say the least!!!

Of course, you are always going to have a SMALL handful of FBBers who are too “masculine/virilized looking” to suit practically anyone’s taste!  But, to try and stereotype all FBBers as looking like this (or striving to look like this) miniscule selection is either ignorance in the extreme, or just having “a hate FBB” agenda.

Here are two examples of "novice/general-public ignorance" from rearing my 5 children…

(1) In the late 80’s, my three sons and their friends were going through my MD’s and came across a Ms. Olympia contest pic. of Cory.  “Oh how ugly, how horrible!”, they all exclaimed. I then pulled out a copy of another muscle mag. that had a very sexy, relaxed, off-season, pose of Cory and showed it to them.   “Wow, who is that”?, they eagerly commented.  When I told them that it was the SAME woman, they were totally bewildered and refused to believe me!

(2) In the early 90’s, I took my two teenage daughters and a couple of their school friends to a regional FBB contest.  During the contest, these girls made ugly comments about the “excessive masculine muscularity” of the FBB competitors.  However, when I took them to an “after party” with these same competitors present, relaxed and “dressed-to-kill”, all negative comments abruptly ceased, and all the girls were “bug-eyed” at the beautiful hour-glass figures of these FBB competitors!  There was total silence in the car on the way home and BOTH of my daughter's friends took up recreational BB shortly thereafter!

Finally, I used to train with a female national Olympic weightlifting champion in the early 90’s.  For a while, she even held the national record in the clean and jerk.  I definitely thought she had done overdone the juice to the point of virilization…besides her somewhat “masculine look” she had a deep husky masculine-sounding voice!  

Then, I didn’t see her for some eight years and happened to drop in to train at the same gym where we used to train, just when she was working out.  I didn’t recognize her and when she came up to say "hello" I was shocked at her change in appearance!!  Of course, she had long since retired from competitive weightlifting and had become a recreational BBer.

Her masculine traits were ALL GONE (!) and her voice sounded high-pitched and very feminine.  I couldn’t believe it was her (she now looked quite feminine and sexy!) until she started doing rep. back squats with over 300 lbs.!!  Apparently, whatever effects the juice had on her had reversed itself after she got off it for several years!  Go figure??!

Clearly, confident, self-assured, competitive, even sexually aggressive, FBB women are a threat to many insecure, ignorant men (rather “boys”)!!

Forbidden

• Getbig III
« Reply #112 on: December 13, 2006, 02:29:02 PM »
Hmmmmm they would'nt be a certain element that biffs "life savers" by any chance ??

Not going to say on the grounds I may incriminate myself ha ha!! and get bashed up!!

Slick Vic

« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2006, 04:50:20 AM »
What is grotesque

What is grotesque? Look at Renee Toney. Now THAT is a bit much... Actually that's TOO much! Yet, a body like Jennifer McVicar is yummy!  :-*

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: December 14, 2006, 10:21:13 AM »
What is grotesque? Look at Renee Toney. Now THAT is a bit much... Actually that's TOO much! Yet, a body like Jennifer McVicar is yummy!  :-*
You can attribute that to the high androgen intake by some female bbdr's. That is far and few. A lot of them look great. Cory Everson was and always will be my favorite female bbdr. Lenda Murray, Laura Creaville and Valentina Chepiga were great too.

PB

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #115 on: December 14, 2006, 10:41:09 AM »
That is ridiculous (all humans have muscles) and you know what I have a couple of men in my gym that have Breasts!!  Now that my friend is weird. 

not noticeable muscles

E
E

jarhead

• Getbig III
  • First name Mister. Last name "T".
« Reply #116 on: December 14, 2006, 01:57:31 PM »
Nothing wrong with female muscle. :P

Forbidden

• Getbig III
« Reply #117 on: December 14, 2006, 02:22:35 PM »
You can attribute that to the high androgen intake by some female bbdr's. That is far and few. A lot of them look great. Cory Everson was and always will be my favorite female bbdr. Lenda Murray, Laura Creaville and Valentina Chepiga were great too.

PB

I think most of you are missing the point of this whole argument in a way! (not trying to bash) but whether it is high androgen intake or not the point still is that they have made amazing changes to the physical appearance (forget being male or female) and you have to congratulate that!!  They (FBB's) are happy with how they look, so thats cool with me and really should be cool with everyone (I mean just dont get involved with them or look).  But really it would be hard to find one competitive BB's (male or female) that wouldnt be able to take their eyes off a very well developed (overly or what) FBB.  I know the argument was "Men, do female muscles offend you" but really why would it offend you?  It is not like they are running around the gym trying to turn everyone into them or trying to pick everyone up (there may be some) but there are those type of people in all walks of life.  I say just let them be!!  I still think it is great!

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
« Reply #118 on: December 15, 2006, 10:19:08 AM »
I think most of you are missing the point of this whole argument in a way! (not trying to bash) but whether it is high androgen intake or not the point still is that they have made amazing changes to the physical appearance (forget being male or female) and you have to congratulate that!!  They (FBB's) are happy with how they look, so thats cool with me and really should be cool with everyone (I mean just dont get involved with them or look).  But really it would be hard to find one competitive BB's (male or female) that wouldnt be able to take their eyes off a very well developed (overly or what) FBB.  I know the argument was "Men, do female muscles offend you" but really why would it offend you?  It is not like they are running around the gym trying to turn everyone into them or trying to pick everyone up (there may be some) but there are those type of people in all walks of life.  I say just let them be!!  I still think it is great!

“Forbidden”, maybe the reason some of us guys may be "missing the point of the whole argument" is because possibly the subject header could have been worded better?

Rather, wouldn’t a more appropriate subject header have been: “Men, at what point does feminine muscle mass/vascularity turn you off?!   In other words, when does the muscularity level on a woman make her look masculine/virilized?! 

When we are using the term “FBBers”, I assume we are speaking of only the hardcore competing amateur and pro. FBBers, and not the millions of recreational FBBers worldwide (who are really, by definition, also FBBers)?!

Why, women have been making amazing transformations in their bodies appearance-wise, strength-wise, and health-wise (fully documented!) through weight-training (w-t)/BB since at least the mid-19th century (reference the research and writings of the great Jan Todd, Ph.D.).  For example, what about the amazing Katrina Sandwina (at the turn of the 19th-20th century), who out-lifted the great male BBer/strongman Eugene Sandow; and at a bwt.of approximately 210 lbs. had a perfect hour-glass figure?!!.

Only men who are dedicated weight-trainers themselves (BBers, Olympic weightlifters, Powerlifters, WSM competitors) are going to TRULY understand, admire, and appreciate, the enormous dedication, hard work, self-sacrifice, and tremendous self-discipline, involved in being a competitive FBBer!  I mean, after all, we have been training in the gyms and have “been in the trenches” with them for decades! 

If the word “offend” would at all apply to men’s opinion of hardcore competing FBBers, it would logically only apply to the ignorant, non-exercising general public (or occasional, sporadic, weight-trainer) who stereotype ALL competitive BBers as drug-bloated pharmaceutical freaks (and the women FBBers as “women trying to look like men”).  However, I wonder how many non-weight-training recreational/competitve athletes (e.g. runners, gymnasts, swimmers, martial-artists, etc.) share this distorted viewpoint?!

Most of us w-t guys prefer the “golden era of pro. FBB look” of a Rachel, Cory, Anja, and a Gladys as “our ideals”.  Just like we would be "turned-off" by a bird-legged, pipe-stem armed, borderline anorexic, runway model, we are also turned-off by the very apparent opposite heavily virilized Iris Kyle or Renee Toney “FBB look”.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: December 15, 2006, 10:35:14 AM »
“Forbidden”, maybe the reason some of us guys may be "missing the point of the whole argument" is because possibly the subject header could have been worded better?

Rather, wouldn’t a more appropriate subject header have been: “Men, at what point does feminine muscle mass/vascularity turn you off?!   In other words, when does the muscularity level on a woman make her look masculine/virilized?! 

When we are using the term “FBBers”, I assume we are speaking of only the hardcore competing amateur and pro. FBBers, and not the millions of recreational FBBers worldwide (who are really, by definition, also FBBers)?!

Why, women have been making amazing transformations in their bodies appearance-wise, strength-wise, and health-wise (fully documented!) through weight-training (w-t)/BB since at least the mid-19th century (reference the research and writings of the great Jan Todd, Ph.D.).  For example, what about the amazing Katrina Sandwina (of the turn of the 19th-20th century), who out-lifted the great male BBer/strongman Eugene Sandow; and at a bwt.of approximately 210 lbs. had a perfect hour-glass figure?!!.

Only men who are dedicated weight-trainers themselves (BBers, Olympic weightlifters, Powerlifters, WSM competitors) are going to TRULY understand, admire, and appreciate, the enormous dedication, hard work, self-sacrifice, and tremendous self-discipline, involved in being a competitive FBBer!  I mean, after all, we have been training in the gyms and have “been in the trenches” with them for decades! 

If the word “offend” would at all apply to men’s opinion of hardcore competing FBBers, it would logically only apply to the ignorant, non-exercising general public (or occasional, sporadic, weight-trainer) who stereotype ALL competitive BBers as drug-bloated pharmaceutical freaks (and the women FBBers as “women trying to look like men”).  However, I wonder how many non-weight-training recreational/competitve athletes (e.g. runners, gymnasts, swimmers, martial-artists, etc.) share this distorted viewpoint?!

Most of us w-t guys prefer the “golden era of pro. FBB look” of a Rachel, Cory, Anja, and a Gladys as “our ideals”.  Just like we would be "turned-off" by a bird-legged, pipe-stem armed, borderline anorexic, runway model, we are also turned-off by the very apparent opposite heavily virilized Iris Kyle or Renee Toney “FBB look”.

Very well put and an excellent post.  :)

PB

Forbidden

• Getbig III
« Reply #120 on: December 15, 2006, 01:57:14 PM »

Why, women have been making amazing transformations in their bodies appearance-wise, strength-wise, and health-wise (fully documented!) through weight-training (w-t)/BB since at least the mid-19th century (reference the research and writings of the great Jan Todd, Ph.D.).  For example, what about the amazing Katrina Sandwina (of the turn of the 19th-20th century), who out-lifted the great male BBer/strongman Eugene Sandow; and at a bwt.of approximately 210 lbs. had a perfect hour-glass figure?!!.

Yeah you are right richardo4 I was thinking that myself last night

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #121 on: December 15, 2006, 02:42:06 PM »
I worded it that way because of all the negative comments that I encountered when discusing fbb. the forum is after all called female bodybuilding/hardcore training. My frame of ref is as a hardcore fbb. I COULD CARE LESS if guys are attracted, that is not why I compete.

Forbidden

• Getbig III
« Reply #122 on: December 15, 2006, 08:33:32 PM »
I worded it that way because of all the negative comments that I encountered when discusing fbb. the forum is after all called female bodybuilding/hardcore training. My frame of ref is as a hardcore fbb. I COULD CARE LESS if guys are attracted, that is not why I compete.

az, I was also trying to get that across as well, but you have just said part of what I was trying to say.  That yes I am sure most people dedicated to their training and competiting are more interested with the job at hand rather than care about who is checking them out.

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #123 on: December 15, 2006, 08:48:39 PM »
Forbidden I am convinced that the guys that talk the most junk are the ones who fantasize about being hog tied by some muscular chick. I think they call em "schmoes".

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
« Reply #124 on: December 15, 2006, 09:04:48 PM »
Forbidden I am convinced that the guys that talk the most junk are the ones who fantasize about being hog tied by some muscular chick. I think they call em "schmoes".

Gee gollies Az, I'm a little confused...you see, guys like Tre and myself are merely fans of FBB, and because of this we are called "schmoes" (also "shmoes", but I assume that is a misspelling of the word) by the ignorant "moron majority" on Getbig.

But in contrast, is this what you meant by your use of the term "schmoe"?...

20sexy%20gorgeous%20flexing