Author Topic: Don Long cleared to compete!  (Read 7960 times)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Don Long cleared to compete!
« on: September 15, 2006, 06:18:58 AM »
Don Long has been cleared to compete in the Atlantic City show. He and his family have signed all the necessary waivers and taken the steps asked of them by the IFBB. This is official and he will be competing at the Atlantic City. Jim Manion and legal counsel Rick Collins gave the official word to Don on Wednesday. Larry Pepe gave more details about it on the first segment of muscleradio.com

Good luck in Atlantic City Don!

Elevate Your Image.™

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
Re: Don Long cleared to compete!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 06:21:10 AM »
Good for Don.  He went through alot to get the nod from the IFBB and he deserves it.  However, I hope that nothing goes wrong and he stays health.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 06:29:53 AM »
Hope there's a doctor and a kidney machine standing by........ :P

A

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 06:31:40 AM »
This ain't even funny in a sick, perverted way.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 06:38:26 AM »
I'd put money he is one of the healthiest, if not thee healthiest guy competing on stage that day.

LIFT
Elevate Your Image.™

wordy

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 06:41:24 AM »

YIP
Zack

Indeed, what a selfish bastard :(

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 06:42:49 AM »
Hope there's a doctor and a kidney machine standing by........ :P

Thats in pretty bad taste man  :-\

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 06:48:15 AM »

YIP
Zack

Ohh yes it is  ;D

bald

• Getbig IV
  • Squat Till You Puke!
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 06:51:28 AM »
Great news for Don, good luck
W

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 06:58:29 AM »
What an idiot... is he gonna pose with the dialysis machine?

maybe he  can use it as a prop during the show..

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 06:59:56 AM »
He has another chance at living and putting gear in already compromised kidneys IMO isn't the brightest thing He could be doing.  Hope all works out and good luck Don.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

1stkeepitreal

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2006, 07:45:25 AM »
And the person who donated the kidney to keep this thug alive is ok with him wasting it away on a BB show????

Maybe she would not had been so giving if she knew that Don's real motive was:  "please help me live so that I can me an incredible come back in the IFBB!"

-keep it real-

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2006, 07:48:34 AM »
Are they going to judge his Kidney Machine on stage as well?  It looks pretty symmetrical if you ask me.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2006, 07:50:25 AM »
I think the kidney did not sustain in Don's body, and it was his sister that donated it.

But, given all that, even if Don signed all of the waivers, why would you want to go and compete on stage? Just to show everyone or even yourself that you can be on stage competing in a pro show.

What if something happens? Anything? Would it be worth it.

Yes, just because the dialysis machine, even with revolutionary advancements, does not mean that other factors are taken into routine. Why even take a chance?

So later on say I competed one more time on stage...

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2006, 07:54:58 AM »
I think the kidney did not sustain in Don's body, and it was his sister that donated it.

But, given all that, even if Don signed all of the waivers, why would you want to go and compete on stage? Just to show everyone or even yourself that you can be on stage competing in a pro show.

What if something happens? Anything? Would it be worth it.

Yes, just because the dialysis machine, even with revolutionary advancements, does not mean that other factors are taken into routine. Why even take a chance?

So later on say I competed one more time on stage...

Very true Ron...

Also, I would really like to know what doctor cleared him - I won't be visiting that guy anytime soon...
Motherboy (the band).

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2006, 07:55:39 AM »
Are they going to judge his Kidney Machine on stage as well?  It looks pretty symmetrical if you ask me.

All drugs!

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2006, 08:02:27 AM »
I really do not think what he is doing is a good idea. I guess it never ceases to amaze me what some people will do when it is "important to them" regardless of the consequences. Maybe Don is mentally ill?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2006, 08:05:11 AM »
Here's the thing:

If Don Long restricts his caloric intake, gets down in muscle mass, takes up cardio, and gets into a very healthy lifestyle, he will put minimal strain on his body.

That way, he will have done all things possible to prolong his life.

But instead, he blows up his body with AAS, the added body mass putting added strain on the whole body.

Does this seem like an even remotedly intelligent thing to do?

And the guy is doing this AFTER his sister donated her kidney.

Don Long is not only delusional. He's something far worse.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2006, 08:05:48 AM »
Who the F**k are any of us to tell Don what he should or shouldn't do with his body? Lord knows what some of these guys are doing in prep for the big show in a couple weeks. He's a grown man who knows his body better then any of us. He's not taking any diuretics, which as anyone who knows professional bodybuilding knows, this is where many guys have health issues the day of the show. Any doubts, ask the athlete's rep about pushing the envelope too far.

Don was checked out by his doctors and given clearance. How many guys do you think are competing on the same stage and haven't been to a doctor because they couldn't afford it or don't want to know or too dumb to go?

Elevate Your Image.™

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2006, 08:10:14 AM »
Who the F**k are any of us to tell Don what he should or shouldn't do with his body? Lord knows what some of these guys are doing in prep for the big show in a couple weeks. He's a grown man who knows his body better then any of us. He's not taking any diuretics, which as anyone who knows professional bodybuilding knows, this is where many guys have health issues the day of the show. Any doubts, ask the athlete's rep about pushing the envelope too far.

Don was checked out by his doctors and given clearance. How many guys do you think are competing on the same stage and haven't been to a doctor because they couldn't afford it or don't want to know or too dumb to go?

I understand what you are saying and you are absolutely correct that none of us have any right to tell Don what to do. We are however, entitled to our opinions and in this case there are many who do not share your enthusiasm. We aren't attacking you, we are questioning Don's choice as we can not understand how he could do what he is doing.

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2006, 08:10:54 AM »

Word.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2006, 08:11:55 AM »
I understand what you are saying and you are absolutely correct that none of us have any right to tell Don what to do. We are however, entitled to our opinions and in this case there are many who do not share your enthusiasm. We aren't attacking you, we are questioning Don's choice as we can not understand how he could do what he is doing.

Word.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2006, 08:14:58 AM »
It would probably be a good idea if I took over his contest prep. So he wouldn`t have to eat all that protein or do any cardio to put any strain on his body.

As sad as I feel typing this, I agree. Fuck I feel dirty  ;D

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2006, 08:21:22 AM »
You know what they say opinions are like...  ;)

I'm not taking it personal, it's Don's choice and his life. It's a bit hypocrtical to bash Don but not do the same to other competitors who are far more ignorant about their health then Don. I can't understand a lot of what many of the competitors do, but again who am I to say what they should or shouldn't do?

I can't understand why True Adonis has the mop of a hair du that he does, but who am I to judge what's right or wrong in "ice cream guru's" hairstyles?

But you're right we are all entitled to our own opinions.  ;D

Elevate Your Image.™

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2006, 08:26:12 AM »
It would probably be a good idea if I took over his contest prep. So he wouldn`t have to eat all that protein or do any cardio to put any strain on his body.

I doubt it.

Don Long would probably be better off if leaving bodybuilding forever, and getting some tips on recreational endurance training from some endurance expert.

As far as his diet goes, I'm sure there are plenty dietists who works with kidney dialysis patients.

With all due respect for your dieting success (any recent pics?), but Don Long is better off with experts in the dialysis field.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise