Author Topic: Muhammad had brought the world only evil and inhuman things says the Pope  (Read 8675 times)

Diesel1

• Getbig V
Pope's speech stirs Muslim anger (what doesn't?)

Muslim religious leaders have accused Pope Benedict XVI of quoting anti-Islamic remarks during a speech at a German university this week.

Questioning the concept of holy war, he quoted a 14th-Century Christian emperor who said Muhammad had brought the world only "evil and inhuman" things.

A senior Pakistani Islamic scholar, Javed Ahmed Gamdi, said jihad was not about spreading Islam with the sword.

Turkey's top religious official asked for an apology for the "hostile" words.

In Indian-administered Kashmir, police seized copies of newspapers which reported the Pope's comments to prevent any tension.

A Vatican spokesman, Father Frederico Lombardi, said he did not believe the Pope's comments were meant as a harsh criticism of Islam.

'Abhorrent'

In his speech at Regensburg University, the German-born pontiff explored the historical and philosophical differences between Islam and Christianity and the relationship between violence and faith.

Stressing that they were not his own words, he quoted Emperor Manual II Paleologos of the Byzantine Empire, the Orthodox Christian empire which had its capital in what is now the Turkish city of Istanbul.

The emperors words were, he said: "Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached."

Benedict said "I quote" twice to stress the words were not his and added that violence was "incompatible with the nature of God and the nature of the soul".

The Pope is due to visit Turkey in November and the Turkish response was swift and strong, the BBC's Sarah Rainsford reports from Istanbul.

Religious leader Ali Bardakoglu said the Pope's comments represented what he called an "abhorrent, hostile and prejudiced point of view".

Whilst Muslims might express their criticism of Islam and of Christianity, he argued, they would never defame the Holy Bible or Jesus Christ.

He said he hoped the Pope's speech did not reflect "hatred in his heart" against Islam.

Many Turks see Benedict as a Turkophobe and commentators call his words just before the holy month of Ramadan "ill-timed and ill-conceived", our correspondent adds.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/5346480.stm

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Muhammad had brought the world only evil and inhuman things says the Pope
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 10:25:58 AM »

Muslim religious leaders have accused Pope Benedict XVI of quoting anti-Islamic remarks during a speech at a German university this week.

Questioning the concept of holy war, he quoted a 14th-Century Christian emperor who said Muhammad had brought the world only "evil and inhuman" things.

A senior Pakistani Islamic scholar, Javed Ahmed Gamdi, said jihad was not about spreading Islam with the sword.

In Indian-administered Kashmir, police seized copies of newspapers which reported the Pope's comments to prevent any tension.

A Vatican spokesman, Father Frederico Lombardi, said he did not believe the Pope's comments were meant as a harsh criticism of Islam.

'Abhorrent'

In his speech at Regensburg University, the German-born pontiff explored the historical and philosophical differences between Islam and Christianity and the relationship between violence and faith.

Stressing that they were not his own words, he quoted Emperor Manual II Paleologos of the Byzantine Empire, the Orthodox Christian empire which had its capital in what is now the Turkish city of Istanbul.

The emperors words were, he said: "Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached."

Benedict said "I quote" twice to stress the words were not his and added that violence was "incompatible with the nature of God and the nature of the soul".

The Pope is due to visit Turkey in November and the Turkish response was swift and strong, the BBC's Sarah Rainsford reports from Istanbul.

Religious leader Ali Bardakoglu said the Pope's comments represented what he called an "abhorrent, hostile and prejudiced point of view".

Whilst Muslims might express their criticism of Islam and of Christianity, he argued, they would never defame the Holy Bible or Jesus Christ.

He said he hoped the Pope's speech did not reflect "hatred in his heart" against Islam.

Many Turks see Benedict as a Turkophobe and commentators call his words just before the holy month of Ramadan "ill-timed and ill-conceived", our correspondent adds.

WAS HE WRONG?????????????????????????????

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 11:06:56 AM »
WAS HE WRONG?????????????????????????????

Apparently not, they're rioting and burning effigies in India for christ sake

canyoufeeltheforce

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 11:17:22 AM »

'Abhorrent'

He's a good laugh . Better than the last one .
I can't even remember one of John Paul's jokes .

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 12:37:40 PM »
Those muslims - they get upset at the slightest thing - it wasn't even the Pope's own words - he was quoting from a guy who said something 700 years ago. Honestly...... ::)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 12:41:30 PM »
these Muslims that are freaking out over this can bite me,  as if they haven't slammed chritianity before?

But looking into it deeper: What he said is more politcally charged and motivated than the simple good vs evil crap.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 12:58:12 PM »

But looking into it deeper: What he said is more politcally charged and motivated than the simple good vs evil crap.

hate to agree w you . . . but someone's got to be the bigger man here, and it certainly wasn't the pope . . . if he said that. he knows better.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 01:31:58 PM »
Let's not forget Christianity's assult on Islam in the past.

The Catholic church killed thousands of their own people during the middleages in a fashion that Islamic radicals could only dream of.

Also by opening his nazi mouth he's really putting forth a declaration of war, and this will involve not only durka durka radicals but also moderates.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 02:27:09 PM »
Apparently not, they're rioting and burning effigies in India for christ sake

I thought India was Hindu?
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 02:29:23 PM »

The Catholic church killed thousands of their own people during the middleages in a fashion that Islamic radicals could only dream of.

Camel, I agree with that. That being said it stopped a long time ago. These radicals are still killing today 600 years later.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 02:33:54 PM »
I thought India was Hindu?

northern state of Kashmir is primarily Muslim.  India has more muslims that Saudi Arabia or Iran when it's all said and done

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2006, 02:40:50 PM »
Also by opening his nazi mouth he's really putting forth a declaration of war, and this will involve not only durka durka radicals but also moderates.

I agree. I remember talking to my muslim friends about that cartoon which insulted a lot of muslims and he said that that could have sparked world war 3. The fact that I agree isn't solely justified in that one conversation, but I really believe that when it comes to the muslim vs. christian issue, something big will eventually happen.

Muslims are good people but they VERY strictly go by "an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth." Respect is a huge part of their culture. My muslim friends also tell me they would die for their respect. Sounds crazy to me but...  :-\
~

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2006, 03:23:31 PM »
india are paki are 3rd world...

someone farts the wrong way and someone burns something..when ya grow up in paki ya plan your route according to who is rioting where :-\
carpe` vaginum!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2006, 03:47:21 PM »
india are paki are 3rd world...

when ya grow up in paki ya plan your route according to who is rioting where :-\

Thats hilarious but probably true.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2006, 04:15:47 PM »
Time to warm up the slaughter houses for the moslems.

We can feed their corpses to the africans.

2 birds, one stone.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2006, 05:20:52 PM »

Remember, if the western world desired so, it could wipe out the Islamic world without barely winking an eye. 
we tolerate their idiocy remember that.  Once the tipping point occurs its over, you ae done.

The arabs are most childish people on the planet.  Only the most insane person would riot over a cartoon.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2006, 05:24:15 PM »
I agree. I remember talking to my muslim friends about that cartoon which insulted a lot of muslims and he said that that could have sparked world war 3. The fact that I agree isn't solely justified in that one conversation, but I really believe that when it comes to the muslim vs. christian issue, something big will eventually happen.

Muslims are good people but they VERY strictly go by "an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth." Respect is a huge part of their culture. My muslim friends also tell me they would die for their respect. Sounds crazy to me but...  :-\

Muslims are full of Shiite.  They can commit the most outrageous crimes, the most brutal atrocities, the most disgusting displays of human behavior, yet the moment someone dares say anything that they get their diapers all in a wad. 

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2006, 05:33:14 PM »
Time to warm up the slaughter houses for the moslems.

We can feed their corpses to the africans.

2 birds, one stone.

So you don't mind killing 1/6 of the world's population?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2006, 05:35:48 PM »
Remember, if the western world desired so, it could wipe out the Islamic world without barely winking an eye. 
we tolerate their idiocy remember that.  Once the tipping point occurs its over, you ae done.

The arabs are most childish people on the planet.  Only the most insane person would riot over a cartoon.

Why should some muslim in let's say Bangladesh have to answer for what some Arab does?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2006, 03:35:09 AM »
So you don't mind killing 1/6 of the world's population?

No, not now. The straw that broke the camels back has just been placed.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Mongol

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2006, 03:47:01 AM »
Ha ha ha, Jesus christ you have to love the hypocrisy of one monotheistic relgious leader declaring the evils of another!
 ::)   

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2006, 04:21:38 AM »
Ha ha ha, Jesus christ you have to love the hypocrisy of one monotheistic relgious leader declaring the evils of another!
 ::)   

He didn't "DECLARE" anything, he "QUOTED".
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2006, 05:15:41 AM »

Don't even bother with these fools.  When you point out the truth to them, they get all upset and riot.  THERE IS NO OTHER RELIGION ON THE PLANET WHOSE MEMBERS ACT LIKE THOSE OF THE "RELIGION OF PEACE".

Everywhere Islam spereads there is violence and war. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2006, 05:17:50 AM »
Why should some muslim in let's say Bangladesh have to answer for what some Arab does?

Why should 3000 people have died on 9'11 for what our government does? 

The shiite is going to hit fan soon as soon as one of these mslims happens to pull off a small Hiroshima and you know what, its up the muslims to clean up their own house or have it done for them. 

Mongol

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2006, 06:23:42 AM »

So? He is making this point in the full knowledge that he is the spokesman for his religion throughout the world. He does not disagree with his "quoted" points and knows full well that his comments are inflamatory.
Just another relogious despot getting off on his holier than thou attitude.