Author Topic: 2007 Colorado Pro Show -  (Read 5347 times)

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: 2007 colorado pro
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2006, 01:41:49 PM »
I told you, I don't invest in this promoting this "sport", because in its current incarnation, it is a laughing stock.  Now you stop dodging the question and tell us how much Shawn Ray's awful schmofest made?

Since you don't put your money where your mouth is we will leave at it made more than $1 less than $100K.  Why do you follow the sport if its a laughing stock?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2006, 01:45:49 PM »
Show me the studies where drugs such as GH are not prevalent?  I am curious since ESPN just did a story on GH maybe you didn't catch it.

What percentage of these folks are seedy and where is this information published?  Let's talk factually.  No need to curse.
As part of its investigation, the committee asked the NFL on March 31 for a number of documents on drug testing - including how it is conducted, the notice provided to players, and the procedures for disclosing the identities of those who test positive.

The NFL does not specify what substance triggered a player's suspension. But the number of those suspended for steroid use appears to be relatively low.

According to The New York Times, three players violated the league's drug policy in 2001 and eight in 2002. There were six violations in 2003, the newspaper said, and at least one in 2004.

Sun staff writer Ken Murray contributed to this article.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2006, 01:47:22 PM »
Rocco has an insatiable hunger for cock
$

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2006, 01:49:03 PM »
Its like a car wreck right now Rocco, I can't turn away.  Like most of the people on here, I've been lifting for years and enjoy the board for its entertainment value.  How do you not get that people are laughing at these shows and "pros"?

I guess the difference between us Grundle is that I actually attend the contest because I see many friend from around the country, its entertaining and I respect the hard work that these pro's put into getting ready for a contest.  How many contest have you competed in? If you have how did you place?

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2006, 01:50:55 PM »

Yeah, I'm increasingly inclined to believe that Rocco might be the kind of guy who steals posing trunks from the pump up room and spends his quiet time inhaling the bouquet.

hahahaha Yeah I bet. hahaha What he calls "sponsoring" we call gay for pay.
$

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2006, 01:51:11 PM »
As part of its investigation, the committee asked the NFL on March 31 for a number of documents on drug testing - including how it is conducted, the notice provided to players, and the procedures for disclosing the identities of those who test positive.

The NFL does not specify what substance triggered a player's suspension. But the number of those suspended for steroid use appears to be relatively low.

According to The New York Times, three players violated the league's drug policy in 2001 and eight in 2002. There were six violations in 2003, the newspaper said, and at least one in 2004.

Sun staff writer Ken Murray contributed to this article.

How about GH as discussed on ESPN?

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2006, 01:52:09 PM »

hahahaha Yeah I bet. hahaha What he calls "sponsoring" we call gay for pay.

Let's try to act like adults.  There are board for children in which you can type...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2006, 01:53:47 PM »
I love how you bodybuilder types try to rationalize steroid use, by saying, Well everyone else is doing it........

The thing is, the majority of athletes are not doing steroids.  Sure there are some, but they don`t make up the majority.  To believe otherwise is ignorant.

Why not set a standard and follow it?  If no rules apply, then why have a rule?  Where is the validity of the accomplishments when no rules are followed?  Why should anyone want to attend or even compete in a sport that does not even have guidelines or rules?

I love how you rationalize.  You clearly see things one sided.  You don`t support bodybuilding because you don`t support the rule book. Plain and simple.

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2006, 01:53:57 PM »

Yeah, I'm increasingly inclined to believe that Rocco might be the kind of guy who steals posing trunks from the pump up room and spends his quiet time inhaling the bouquet.

Grundle, you dissapoint me again.  First fabrication then when loosing the argument turning to childish tactics.  You should have watched 20/20 last night there is help for folks like yourself.  But lets not loose sight of our discussion...try to stay on message here.

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2006, 01:55:41 PM »
I love how you bodybuilder types try to rationalize steroid use, by saying, Well everyone else is doing it........

The thing is, the majority of athletes are not doing steroids.  Sure there are some, but they don`t make them majority.  To believe otherwise is ignorant.

Why not set a standard and follow it?  If no rules apply, then why have a rule?  Where is the validity of the accomplishments when no rules are followed?  Why should anyone want to attend or even compete in a sport that does not even have guidelines or rules?

I love how you rationalize.  You clearly see things one sided.  You don`t support bodybuilding because you don`t support the rule book. Plain and simple.

Quote my rational, I simply stated that steriods are found in every sport.  I am sure you didn't think these guys packed on this much muscle by eating lean beef.

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2006, 01:59:16 PM »

Ok hooked-on-phonics, i'll try not loose my sense of humor, even if I'm disappointed about the Cowboys loosing last weekend.

Grundle...we do have something in common.  As you can see I don't post here often, but I felt inclined to join this post because I believe in this sport and I believe that change is possible if done in a constructive manner...no differnt than operating a business.

Dball

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2006, 01:59:47 PM »
[quote author=The True Adonis link=topic=94563.msg1365107#msg1365107 date=1158353627
[/quote]  WE only see things one sided?  wtf? you have this picture in your head where its all puppy dogs and rainbows about how YOU think sports SHOULD be, and no one elses opinion matters.  steroids and their results was the biggest thing to happen to MLB ticket sales and ratings and you would be hard pressed to find that at least half of pro athletes have used steroids.  reality means nothing to you.

Dball

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2006, 02:01:49 PM »
Grundle...we do have something in common.  As you can see I don't post here often, but I felt inclined to join this post because I believe in this sport and I believe that change is possible if done in a constructive manner...no differnt than operating a business.

hell yes...  this is the greatest sport on earth, when you realize that the sport happens in the gym, not on the stage.  what happens on the stage is a produst of the sport.  take away the stage, you would still have bodybuilding.

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2006, 02:04:32 PM »
hell yes...  this is the greatest sport on earth, when you realize that the sport happens in the gym, not on the stage.  what happens on the stage is a produst of the sport.  take away the stage, you would still have bodybuilding.

Well stated. My point exactly.  BB's have more discipline and sheer determination than most athletes bar none.  I have competed, didn't fair well but I learned a whole new level of respect for these individuals.  Thus, I began putting my personal money up to help competitors and promoters improve.  Which is why I get frustrated when I see post by individual who like to bitch and moan, but won't work or put money forward to make change.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2006, 02:08:34 PM »
Quote my rational, I simply stated that steriods are found in every sport.  I am sure you didn't think these guys packed on this much muscle by eating lean beef.

You are making blanket statements. Lets take the Olympics for example.  You mean to tell me of the over 10,000 athletes competeing Over 5000 have used steroids?

You are an idiot if you think that...Clearly the MAJORITY FOLLOW THE RULES!  Its like that in all legitimate sports.

Athens 2004 13 Aug 29 Aug men- 6296 athletes 4329-women athletes

So according to your logic 5,313 athletes at the 2004 Olympics are using or have used steroids.

your logic is basesless and it sucks.

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2006, 02:12:34 PM »
You are making blanket statements. Lets take the Olympics for example.  You mean to tell me of the over 10,000 athletes competeing Over 5000 have used steroids?

You are an idiot if you think that...Clearly the MAJORITY FOLLOW THE RULES!  Its like that in all legitimate sports.

Athens 2004 13 Aug 29 Aug men- 6296 athletes 4329-women athletes

So according to your logic 5,313 athletes at the 2004 Olympics are using or have used steroids.

your logic is basesless and it sucks.

Where did I quote 50%?  Quit making things up...honesty and facts are the best policy to follow.  They go hand-in-hand with personal credibility.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2006, 02:17:10 PM »
Where did I quote 50%?  Quit making things up...honesty and facts are the best policy to follow.  They go hand-in-hand with personal credibility.

So good.. We have established a premise that the MAJORITY of athletes follow the rules in regards to steroid use.  You agree since you don`t say 50-51 percent use steroids.

Therefore the majority of athletes in sports want to follow the rules and think the rules should be enforced.

So where is the logic and justification in saying,"Steroids are found in every sport"? It makes no sense.

That would be like saying gays are found in every military.  Racist people are found in every police department...

Just what IS your point?

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2006, 02:22:28 PM »
So good.. We have established a premise that the MAJORITY of athletes follow the rules in regards to steroid use.  You agree since you don`t say 50-51 percent use steroids.

Therefore the majority of athletes in sports want to follow the rules and think the rules should be enforced.

So where is the logic and justification in saying,"Steroids are found in every sport"? It makes no sense.

That would be like saying gays are found in every military.  Racist people are found in every police department...

Just what IS your point?

My point is that steriods are used in every sport. Do you believe that these guys can pack on this much muslce without help.  Secondly, we the fans have pushed for bigger and crazier physiques throughout the ages...no we want to return to the days of old.  We didn't get here overnight and we won't go back overnight.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2006, 02:28:38 PM »
My point is that steriods are used in every sport. Do you believe that these guys can pack on this much muslce without help.  Secondly, we the fans have pushed for bigger and crazier physiques throughout the ages...no we want to return to the days of old.  We didn't get here overnight and we won't go back overnight.

Who is WE?

Clearly the MAJORITY do want the rules to be enforced as there is no push for rules to change or pressure on lawmakers by anyone to rescind the prohibition on steroids and the MAJORITY of those participating in sports ARE NOT USING DRUGS. 

The fans haven`t pushed for shit.  The athletes that do use drugs have taken it upon themeselves to do so.  The fans just watch the story unfold....you are clueless if you think otherwise. 

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2006, 02:31:20 PM »
Who is WE?

Clearly the MAJORITY do want the rules to be enforced as there is no push for rules to change or pressure on lawmakers by anyone to rescind the prohibition on steroids and the MAJORITY of those participating in sports ARE NOT USING DRUGS. 

The fans haven`t pushed for shit.  The athletes that do use drugs have taken it upon themeselves to do so.  The fans just watch the story unfold....you are clueless if you think otherwise. 

We = the fan's.  So we can agree to disagree.  I attend 5-8 pro shows a year and more than 10 NPC contest.  How many do you attend?  I ask because I wonder where your perspective that the fan's haven't wanted to see bigger and bigger bodies on stage.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2006, 05:19:35 PM »
Here we go again.  Where were you during the contest.  I was a 5K sponsor and got more than my monies worth.  The problem with most of you folks here is that you are jealous of other peoples success in this industry.  How many of you have ever promoted a contest, competed on the national or pro level or every put up money to sponsor a contest?  Well I have competed on the national level and put my money up...so I will take some liberties here as I have earned them.

Jeff and Shawn put on one hell of a well organized contest.  Sponsors were treated well and received a great ROI (that is a return on investment for those hourly employees).  Actually feedback from the fans in the stands was tremendous.  Competitors am/pro loved the venue, trophies and prize money.  So how again to you define success as  I am sure none of you have seen the a p&l statement (profit and loss)?  I think the definition of success at least profit wise is based on the bottom line not your opinion of an individual. ;)

Good speech Sean.  Gave me goose bumps.  The expo was free.  And even with it being free there was not many people.  It might have been for you as a sponsor.  But, since you are talking P&L's and bottom lines, then you would know the show spent more than it made.  For you that means a loss.  See you will learn this stuff.  Your investment of $5,000 is allot easier to cover that an investment of $100,000+.  So it might have been good for you and your company but that doesn't help the shows bottom line.  You will learn that when you put on a show.

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2006, 05:58:31 PM »
Good speech Sean.  Gave me goose bumps.  The expo was free.  And even with it being free there was not many people.  It might have been for you as a sponsor.  But, since you are talking P&L's and bottom lines, then you would know the show spent more than it made.  For you that means a loss.  See you will learn this stuff.  Your investment of $5,000 is allot easier to cover that an investment of $100,000+.  So it might have been good for you and your company but that doesn't help the shows bottom line.  You will learn that when you put on a show.

Here you go again with more unfounded lies.  Don't you folks have any selfworth or intergrity?  Let's here you understanding of the P&L, please provide support for you numbers.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2006, 09:30:21 PM »
Here you go again with more unfounded lies.  Don't you folks have any selfworth or intergrity?  Let's here you understanding of the P&L, please provide support for you numbers.

What numbers are you talking about.  The cost of the show or the $5,000 you put in.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2006, 07:17:48 AM »
Why did only thirteen people go to the show?

Montser experience in promotions
L

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2006, 09:27:05 AM »
Thanks for the Pre Contest Promo thread for 2007!
Slated for June 1st & 2nd at the Colorado Convention Center!
Stay tuned formore more Updates followning the 2007 Mr. Olympia!
It was such a failure last year, we decided to do it again!
When you have money to blow, then why not!
See you all there next year! :-*
Mahalo ;D