Author Topic: 2007 Colorado Pro Show -  (Read 5411 times)

Dball

2007 Colorado Pro Show -
« on: September 15, 2006, 12:26:33 PM »
hey shawn,

will the prize money go up this year?  obviously with the success of last years show, you can get a few more sponsors.  and maybe that posing award that i thought you were going to have this year.  what are the plans for next year?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: 2007 colorado pro
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 12:48:13 PM »
I wonder what a failure would be considered if THAT was a success?

Local Little League games generate more revenue in hot dog sales than Shawn`s show.

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 01:01:07 PM »
Here we go again.  Where were you during the contest.  I was a 5K sponsor and got more than my monies worth.  The problem with most of you folks here is that you are jealous of other peoples success in this industry.  How many of you have ever promoted a contest, competed on the national or pro level or every put up money to sponsor a contest?  Well I have competed on the national level and put my money up...so I will take some liberties here as I have earned them.

Jeff and Shawn put on one hell of a well organized contest.  Sponsors were treated well and received a great ROI (that is a return on investment for those hourly employees).  Actually feedback from the fans in the stands was tremendous.  Competitors am/pro loved the venue, trophies and prize money.  So how again to you define success as  I am sure none of you have seen the a p&l statement (profit and loss)?  I think the definition of success at least profit wise is based on the bottom line not your opinion of an individual. ;)

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 01:04:43 PM »
hahahahahahahaha An Ice salesman makes more money in Alaska then the Colorado Pro hahahaha
$

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 01:05:57 PM »
Here we go again.  Where were you during the contest.  I was a 5K sponsor and got more than my monies worth.  The problem with most of you folks here is that you are jealous of other peoples success in this industry.  How many of you have ever promoted a contest, competed on the national or pro level or every put up money to sponsor a contest?  Well I have competed on the national level and put my money up...so I will take some liberties here as I have earned them.

Jeff and Shawn put on one hell of a well organized contest.  Sponsors were treated well and received a great ROI (that is a return on investment for those hourly employees).  Actually feedback from the fans in the stands was tremendous.  Competitors am/pro loved the venue, trophies and prize money.  So how again to you define success as  I am sure none of you have seen the a p&l statement (profit and loss)?  I think the definition of success at least profit wise is based on the bottom line not your opinion of an individual. ;)

Yah im REAL jealous of the success generated by 223 people jam-packing an  auditorium to watch grown boogie around in bananna hammocks.  What a good idea for a moneymaker!

More people showed up for my high school talent show,where more revenue was generated selling DARE T-shirts and cupcakes.

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 01:06:28 PM »
Thats a really beautiful speech man, brought a tear to my eye.  But unless your a complete ignoramus, you know that the tickets were being given away, the show was of mediocre production quality, and the hummer giveaway was an inside job.  Of course, since you are privy to the P&L, why don't you enlighten the rest of us as to the show's net profit?

I want to see proof of that, because I saw the P&L.  Fabrication is a terrible thing.

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 01:12:04 PM »
Grundle - How much money did you put into the contest?  If it is more that a dollar you can call me and we can discuss otherwise you fabrications or meaningless.  It is liers like yourself who keep this sport down at a time in which we need to be supporting every contest, competitor and promoter...whether we like them or not.  The difference between you and I is I actually put money into these contest.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 01:12:43 PM »

My favorite part of the show was when Bob was telling jokes.

That was funny. hahhahahah

What an embarrassment.  Do you think any other sport would have such horrible transitioning periods and lull time?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 01:15:32 PM »
Can you even BLAME THE FANS, or lack thereof?

These shows are sponsored by SUPPLEMENT companies whose product are all BOGUS from the start.

The whole thing is built on lies and illegality(See IFBB Rulebook) for anyone to even begin to take seriously.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 01:18:17 PM »
My favorite part of the show was when Bob was telling jokes.

That was funny. hahhahahah

What an embarrassment.  Do you think any other sport would have such horrible transitioning periods and lull time?

hahaha

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 01:19:51 PM »
I think it served Shawn right.  I have no problems with the guy but he finally learned the hard way that bodybuilding simply doesn't generate enough money to give any back to the bodybuilders.  He put up way too much prize money and paid the price.  Now maybe he will understand why the Ironman only had a 20K purse.

This may be true, but the bottom line is that Jeff and Shawn met the promised obligation unlike promoters during Wayne's tenior.

Let's face facts most show's don't make money the first year, the hopefully break even for the first 2-3 year and by the fourth they giving you a return.

Is everyone here suggesting that we should have no contest since it is your belief that they don't make money?  

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2006, 01:21:17 PM »
This may be true, but the bottom line is that Jeff and Shawn met the promised obligation unlike promoters during Wayne's tenior.

Let's face facts most show's don't make money the first year, the hopefully break even for the first 2-3 year and by the fourth they giving you a return.

Is everyone here suggesting that we should have no contest since it is your belief that they don't make money?  

How about a BETTER contest instead of the same shit, different location.

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2006, 01:22:12 PM »

Hahahaha, you're faulting me for not throwing money into the fireplace? Yes, you're right, everyone should show their devotion to this "sport" by throwing good money away. Dude, you absolutely need to reevaluate your investment strategy, especially if you have kids you want to send to college.

So how much have you ever invested into any contest?  Have you ever promoted a contest?  If so, when and what date?

As for my children's future...they have more money than their grandchildren can spend... dad is pretty smart at making the Benjies....

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2006, 01:23:07 PM »
How about a BETTER contest instead of the same shit, different location.

What changes do you suggest?  Will you be promoting in the future?

Dball

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2006, 01:23:52 PM »
Can you even BLAME THE FANS, or lack thereof?

These shows are sponsored by SUPPLEMENT companies whose product are all BOGUS from the start.

The whole thing is built on lies and illegality(See IFBB Rulebook) for anyone to even begin to take seriously.

I think it served Shawn right.  I have no problems with the guy but he finally learned the hard way that bodybuilding simply doesn't generate enough money to give any back to the bodybuilders.  He put up way too much prize money and paid the price.  Now maybe he will understand why the Ironman only had a 20K purse.
I think Lift Studios may have been spreading that around.  I guess if "success" is defined as "complete failure" then yes, the show was a great success.  ;D

More people show up to a grade seven girl's basketball game.  :D

dude, dont worry about it, leave it to these guys to hijack a thread and tear it down in their self-appreciating way.  

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2006, 01:24:15 PM »
What changes do you suggest?  Will you be promoting in the future?

I don`t support drug use in sports.  Furthermore I promote actually following the rules.  

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2006, 01:25:25 PM »
Rocco, use your head man.  The fact that they don't make money is the symptom, not the problem.  Did you ever ask yourself, "hey, why is it that attendance at the shows these days is so pathetic?"

I am at the North American this weekend and it's packed!  The USA's packed.  The Arnold packed.  Europa packed.  How many seat  have to be filled in your mind to turn a profit?  Please explain you vision by the numbers of how a show is profitable...please use numerical values.

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2006, 01:27:37 PM »
I don`t support drug use in sports.  Furthermore I promote actually following the rules.  

So you don't like any sports, football, track, basketball, baseball, wrestling?  Why are you on a bodybuilding board?  Again, what contest do you promoter or what contest will you promote in the future?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2006, 01:30:52 PM »
So you don't like any sports, football, track, basketball, baseball, wrestling?  Why are you on a bodybuilding board?  Again, what contest do you promoter or what contest will you promote in the future?

Durgs are NOT prevalent in most sports. That is a fucking fact!  The majority of athletes are NATURAL!

I LOVE the OLYMPICS!   I would never promote a contest for the simple fact there is NOTHING worth it to promote.

If there were something there to promote, that would be a different story.  How can you expect to make any money off of all these seedy individuals?

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2006, 01:32:57 PM »
Rocco, you obviously work for a supplement company.  How do you not recognize that people are tired of the transparently horseshit lies that you promote your products with. Having guys who use their bodies as chemistry sets endorse them and claim that they achieved their grotesque physiques by using branch chained amino acids!  Rocco, I don't blame you for doing what you gotta do to keep your lady in the lap of luxury and new games for the kids on the X-Box, but don't blame the educated fans for reveling the failure of shows that promote this bullshit.

See Grundle there you go again with you fabrications.  I am not employeed by anyone other than myself.  I have owned and operated my own business' for more than 20 years.  None of which have anything to do with the health and fitness industry.  I support this sport because I work out and I believe in its athletes and the dedication they have.

So please stop dodging the question; what contest do you promote?  How many contest do you attend per year?  How much money have you put into this sport?

Dball

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2006, 01:35:21 PM »
Durgs are NOT prevalent in most sports. That is a fucking fact!  The majority of athletes are NATURAL!

I LOVE the OLYMPICS!   I would never promote a contest for the simple fact there is NOTHING worth it to promote.

If there were something there to promote, that would be a different story.  How can you expect to make any money off of all these seedy individuals?

which sports are you refering to where steroids are not prevalent?  little league, right?  what are the incomes from a team in such a sport?  i know the yankees are worth over a billion, and new york shows some love for giambi.

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2006, 01:36:37 PM »

Show me the studies where drugs such as GH are not prevalent?  I am curious since ESPN just did a story on GH maybe you didn't catch it.

What percentage of these folks are seedy and where is this information published?  Let's talk factually.  No need to curse.

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2006, 01:38:03 PM »
Who are you kidding bro, 90% of the attendance now is either 1) friends and family of the competitors 2) People working for the promoters and sponsors 3) Paid event staff.  

Grundle enough with the fabrications...where did you find this stat?  Please so us a link otherwise stop lying it is not very becoming.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2006, 01:40:04 PM »
I know, opinions are like chiccerillos, everybody owns one and they all are full of shit.

But that being said, I think they should make the Colo Pro a FREE show (except for the very sweet VIP deal), and charge the advertisers more.  Everyone who went loved it, but not enough people went.

TEN STEPS to avoid getting pinched

Dball

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2006, 01:41:14 PM »
glad you could chime in, Rob.  was it the olympia? no, but it was a good show.