Author Topic: I want to watch the PDI NOC show  (Read 5702 times)

AlliedPowers

• Getbig II
Re: I want to watch the PDI NOC show
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2006, 05:22:42 PM »
hey, who is competing tonight and tomrorow?

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2006, 05:24:22 PM »
Ask Wayne.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2006, 05:25:48 PM »
The Night of Champions will be on tomorrow. Jack London will be competing, coming on stage in an allegedly very entertaining round. I am not sure about the amatuer show that is supposed to be going on tonight, but there are a number of people there who will watch it and report back to us.

As for television and per per view, very few bodybuilding shows of any kind are on. It just cost way too much to get the air time, the manpower, and more.  As for a webcast, again, does having a webcast take away from ticket sales.

I pretty much agree. But...

As far as webcasting it - there is some good, some bad in that. You risk losing some tickets, yes. But you get added exposure. I'm sure the sponsors at the Europa paid attention to the traffic that the webcast had.

Europa was a pretty average show, but the webcast (one of the first really decent), took it to a new level as far as exposure goes. Anyone knew who Silvio Samuel was before this show?

And the lack of basic information is puzzling. No competitor list or stuff like that.

Who will compete tomorrow at the NOC?

(Question at anyone who has an idea)

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2006, 05:27:17 PM »
anyone got a link to the PDI website? It has to have the competitors listed.
E

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2006, 05:35:04 PM »
anyone got a link to the PDI website? It has to have the competitors listed.

(There is no site)

What I don't understand, is why DeMilia never got himself a decent website?

Two of the guys involved are web designers, and a slick front with easy-to-update info would have made it quite easy for him to get his info out to the public and to the BB's.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2006, 05:38:58 PM »
(There is no site)

Two of the guys involved are web designers, and a slick front with easy-to-update info would have made it quite easy for him to get his info out to the public and to the BB's.

YIP
Zack

There is no website? Something doesn't add up here.
E

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2006, 05:44:24 PM »
As for a webcast, again, does having a webcast take away from ticket sales.

No.  People who are inclined to go to a bodybuilding show aren't going to "not go" because of a webcast.

On the other hand, us residents of the internet who wouldn't be going to the show in any event might be willing to pay $5 or $10 to watch a webcast and see how this whole drama plays out.

Wayne fuccked up as usual.

Ron: "I am lazy."

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2006, 05:49:57 PM »

He couldn't come up with the $300?  ;D

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2006, 05:53:46 PM »

He couldn't come up with the $300?  ;D

From what I've seen, Wayne DeMilia has no problems with the cash flow:

Place holds 1500 people.  Does anyone really doubt that Wayne DeMilianaire can't sell 1200 tix plus comps to a premiere show of a new division in NYC?

NOC will be sold out. 

As empty as paradise

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2006, 05:56:50 PM »
So now that all this comes to light Vinny Galanti isn't so dumb is he?
Only a blind man couldn't see the writing on the wall.

I wouldn't be surprised if The Devil Demilia had the contracts written in disappearing ink.

I wouldn't trust Wayne to walk my dog.

I seriously doubt Wayne could sell the place out if he was giving away free blow jobs with every ticket.
Who's knows he might actually be doing that since most of his advertising was in the Gay journals in New York.
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2006, 06:00:31 PM »
(There is no site)

YIP
Zack

I would tell you what 240 told me about this but if he feels like letting you folks know he will
A

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2006, 06:02:02 PM »

I would tell you what 240 told me about this but if he feels like letting you folks know he will

Then next time don't bring it up you fuckin moron.
E

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2006, 06:06:29 PM »
So now that all this comes to light Vinny Galanti isn't so dumb is he?
Only a blind man couldn't see the writing on the wall.

I wouldn't be surprised if The Devil Demilia had the contracts written in disappearing ink.

I wouldn't trust Wayne to walk my dog.

I seriously doubt Wayne could sell the place out if he was giving away free blow jobs with every ticket.
Who's knows he might actually be doing that since most of his advertising was in the Gay journals in New York.

DeMilia sold the idea that he had lots of money backing this thing to a lot of people. 240 or Bust even started nicknaming DeMilia "Demilianaire":

Back to the argument, can anyone tackle this question:

I concede that the 2004 PDI didn't have money, and therefore didn't have athletes willing to commit.

I contend that the 2006 PDI has money, as many athletes are willing to commit.  They sit down with DeMilianaire and he presents a list of who is involved, and what the outcomes of planned events will be, based upon current information and resources. 

How was this possible?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2006, 06:09:35 PM »

Rob told Wayne he'd waive the $300 fee if Wayne would allow him to bill himself as the "Official Web Designer to the PDI".  DeMillia wouldn't go for it, so he still had to pay $300 like everyone else.  All he could come up with was $190 (most of it in loose change), and Rob refused to spot him the rest.

Wayne then went and asked Lee Priest for a loan, but Lee had already spent the money on a penile tattoo, so Wayne was shit out of luck, and never got the website.  :(

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2006, 08:28:57 PM »
I would like to see it too. I still don't know who is competing in the show. What kind of BB show doesn't have the compete list of who is competing in it. Wayne couldn't come up with 300 dollars for Rob to throw together a cheap website? Yeah right the Pdi is going to be sold out ::)

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2006, 09:02:26 PM »
The Night of Champions will be on tomorrow. Jack London will be competing, coming on stage in an allegedly very entertaining round. I am not sure about the amatuer show that is supposed to be going on tonight, but there are a number of people there who will watch it and report back to us.

As for television and per per view, very few bodybuilding shows of any kind are on. It just cost way too much to get the air time, the manpower, and more.  As for a webcast, again, does having a webcast take away from ticket sales.

That really sucks....

ali23

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2006, 09:06:45 PM »
I would like to see it too. I still don't know who is competing in the show. What kind of BB show doesn't have the compete list of who is competing in it. Wayne couldn't come up with 300 dollars for Rob to throw together a cheap website? Yeah right the Pdi is going to be sold out ::)

i've posted a post very similar to that, so my thoughts exactly.

YIP
Ali

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2006, 09:15:01 PM »
yall know i gotta be careful what I say on it.   I believed it would be a sell out based upon that original lineup.  I still think it would have been a sellout or close, with that original lineup.  Plus there was a really big name who was going, bigger than Lee, but it didn't happen.

ali23

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2006, 09:20:58 PM »
yall know i gotta be careful what I say on it.   I believed it would be a sell out based upon that original lineup.  I still think it would have been a sellout or close, with that original lineup.  Plus there was a really big name who was going, bigger than Lee, but it didn't happen.

Why do you care so much about the PDI??

YIP
Ali

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2006, 09:21:39 PM »
Why do you care so much about the PDI??

YIP
Ali

What do you mean?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2006, 09:33:48 PM »
Then next time don't bring it up you fuckin moron.

Go practice your crane kicks.....boy
A

ali23

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2006, 09:54:44 PM »
What do you mean?

i dont know it just seems you're really into the pdi, jw.

YIP
Ali

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2006, 10:01:32 PM »
ahh.  i'm really into competition. I know the IFBB will likely be the only fed that survives in the long run, probability-wise.  They have the infrastructure, the NPC pipeline, and loyal and sometimes spineless athletes.  But even the mention of the PDI helped give the IFBB a kick in the pants this year. 

Rumors are abound that they had ****** ready to jump and then he was promised 2nd at this year's O to skip the PDI and do a show he said he'd never do again.  i'm sure that is just a false rumor tho.

We saw Bob Chic in action this year.  Some believe he was working in the best interest of the athletes, fighting to keep down a rival organization whose new money influx would only hurt bodybulders.

no matter where you stand on it - and we can not yet declare it's victory or defeat - PDI helped show the true colors of a lot of people and orgs.  PDI helped the IFBB to perhaps redefine how to keep it's guys.   And that's all I'm gonnna say about that.

hifrommike

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2006, 10:07:50 PM »
If you want to see the NOC & are in the New York area, GO.  If not, then check the reports of the show on websites (including mine) & wait for the mag reports. 

In it 2 win it

• Getbig II
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2006, 11:36:41 PM »
There is still a chance that the federation will be a good one. Nobody knows the caliber of talent that will arrive for the show. I love bodybuilding in all aspects, and I attend many shows, on the local and national level. If all you guys love bodybuilding too, than consider giving the PDI a chance. Sometime a little controversy is a good thing.