Author Topic: Solutions time  (Read 5219 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Solutions time
« on: September 16, 2006, 06:28:28 PM »
SOLUTIONS!

Bad suggestion, if he did that, that would open a can of worms so big it just might legally ruin the industry as a whole if a DA decides to open an investigation!

Mr I makes an awesome point here.   

Dont count on it...the IFBB's pockets are much deeper than Lee's.

Dude... perhaps a more diplomatic approach would resolve the matter WITHOUT all the dirty laundry getting aired. 

Suspend lee for the O to save face, work out an agreement with Wayne, and quietly announce (Dec 23rd is a great date to do this) that IFBB guys can do PDI shows if they pass a number of conditions.  They could have to compete in a minimum of 5 iFBB shows that calendar year.  Wayne has to pay the IFBB $1000 for each athlete per show that he uses.  maybe top 10 O guys are "untouchable".  Use your imagination.

Point is, if you guys can find a position which benefits BOTH sides (Wayne has enough good guys that people want to come out, and the IFBB doesn't lose public battle and/or athletes).  The IFBB can always be the big dog, but by carving out a small corner of the pro BBing show market with some deals with the PDI, they can secure a better position to maintain their control.  An "all or nothing" approach leaves the PDI with limited options.  And we all know that a cornered animal is the most dangerous.  Wayne and Lee are power players.  Accept it and do the smart thing. make a deal.

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Solutions time
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 06:32:28 PM »
IF Wayne had not tried to steal away IFBB Pros none of this shit would be happening.TRUE????.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 06:34:57 PM »
IF Wayne had not tried to steal away IFBB Pros none of this shit would be happening.TRUE????.

He is one of only a few people in the world capable of making a pro BBing show and federation run.  This unique skillset makes him very valuable, and at the same time, very dangerous to the pro BBing establishment.

I think you might be mistaken that he tried to "steal" IFBB Pros.  All his shows are scheduled on non-IFBB show weekends.  The PDI rules very clearly state that all PDI guys are welcome to compete anywhere they want.

How is he stealing them?  He's paying them for their services when the IFBB doesn't need them.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 06:35:47 PM »
The IFBB doesn't have to deal with Wayne ...for any reason. You think just because Wayne decided to put oon his own show, the IFBB needs to negotiate with him? WHY?

There are a hundred questions that need to be answered, and a few more shows to take place before you all should start the "victory" cries...

Will thee athletes get paid? Will anyone (including lee) pass/ fail the drug tests? Will there even be a second show? With minimal sponsor support, PAID attendance, talent pool, etc...it rmaains to be seen whether or not this is a viable option for pro's to consider...

Lets not forget, the WBF only lasted 2 years before folding tent...and that was with good talent that people knew...guaranteed contracts, TV coverage, a magazine, and a supplement line....

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 06:36:09 PM »
Wow, Rob as the voice of reason!? Isn't that one of the signs of the Apocalypse?

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 06:37:06 PM »

Unless there is somekind of a confidentiality agreement between the competitor and the IFBB, Wayne didn't "steal" anyone!

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 06:45:31 PM »
What I'd be more interested in if I were a pro bodybuilder trying to decide over which bodybuilding federation to dedicate myself to is where I'd be treated better. Has Wayne ever mentioned anything about forming a union?
~

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 06:47:32 PM »
The IFBB doesn't have to deal with Wayne ...for any reason. You think just because Wayne decided to put oon his own show, the IFBB needs to negotiate with him? WHY?

There are a hundred questions that need to be answered, and a few more shows to take place before you all should start the "victory" cries...

Will thee athletes get paid? Will anyone (including lee) pass/ fail the drug tests? Will there even be a second show? With minimal sponsor support, PAID attendance, talent pool, etc...it rmaains to be seen whether or not this is a viable option for pro's to consider...

Lets not forget, the WBF only lasted 2 years before folding tent...and that was with good talent that people knew...guaranteed contracts, TV coverage, a magazine, and a supplement line....

You're being a hardliner.  In a sport with as few resources as this and such an insecure financial and legal posision, you don't have the grounding to be a hardliner.  Diplomacy could lead to you securing a longterm contract- one that might be mutually beneficial.

I didn't say the IFBB "has" to talk with him.  I said that it might be a long term solution that could benefit it.  Lee Priest is about to drop some dirty laundry out there.  This might chase off fans, sponsors, etc.  Not good.  Wayne is very good at what he does, and early reports say the night show is pretty good so far.  This lil PDI thing might work.  Also not good (from the IFBB's standpoint).  AMi is about to two-step out the door, and Wayne is good at getting resources and working on a shoestring budget.  Why fight the guy when you coudl be employing his strengths?

You don't have to like someone to form a mutually beneficial business arrangement with them.  Run the numbers and see what you have to LOSE.  4 or 5 black eyes, and suddenly those loyal sponsors you have might be leaning towards a very positive, clean-slate PDI with a very good NOC show on its resume.   When the sponsors jump, the athletes will jump too.  This little avalanche of "better get in now so I'm not the last guy in the door" could see a nice chunk of the near-top guys jumping to the PDI.  

Just kicking around an alternative point of view.  So many companies let ego lead them into wasting all their resources "winning" then not having the change to take the bus to work.  

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 06:49:00 PM »

You're being a hardliner.  In a sport with as few resources as this and such an insecure financial and legal posision, you don't have the grounding to be a hardliner.  Diplomacy could lead to you securing a longterm contract- one that might be mutually beneficial.

I didn't say the IFBB "has" to talk with him.  I said that it might be a long term solution that could benefit it.  Lee Priest is about to drop some dirty laundry out there.  This might chase off fans, sponsors, etc.  Not good.  Wayne is very good at what he does, and early reports say the night show is pretty good so far.  This lil PDI thing might work.  Also not good (from the IFBB's standpoint).  AMi is about to two-step out the door, and Wayne is good at getting resources and working on a shoestring budget.  Why fight the guy when you coudl be employing his strengths?

You don't have to like someone to form a mutually beneficial business arrangement with them.  Run the numbers and see what you have to LOSE.  4 or 5 black eyes, and suddenly those loyal sponsors you have might be leaning towards a very positive, clean-slate PDI with a very good NOC show on its resume.   When the sponsors jump, the athletes will jump too.  This little avalanche of "better get in now so I'm not the last guy in the door" could see a nice chunk of the near-top guys jumping to the PDI.  

Just kicking around an alternative point of view.  So many companies let ego lead them into wasting all their resources "winning" then not having the change to take the bus to work.  

Great post Rob!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 06:57:11 PM »

You don't have to like someone to form a mutually beneficial business arrangement with them.  Run the numbers and see what you have to LOSE.  4 or 5 black eyes, and suddenly those loyal sponsors you have might be leaning towards a very positive, clean-slate PDI with a very good NOC show on its resume.   When the sponsors jump, the athletes will jump too.  This little avalanche of "better get in now so I'm not the last guy in the door" could see a nice chunk of the near-top guys jumping to the PDI. 

Just kicking around an alternative point of view.  So many companies let ego lead them into wasting all their resources "winning" then not having the change to take the bus to work. 

Rob, you're talking to a trained monkey.  Trying to use reason and practicality to convince Bob of something is like trying to argue quantum mechanics with your poodle.

I'm sure if the people who really call the shots have two brain cells to rub together, they'll come up with this on their own.  But in the meantime in order to keep the heat on "boil", their orders to Bob will be "Dance, Monkey...  Dance!"
Ron: "I am lazy."

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 07:01:31 PM »
Before you try and take food or money from someone make sure you are more hungry or stronger than them.Wayne didn't have the strength to try this with Ben and Joe.IMO.Steal maybe not but takeover Yes.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2006, 07:04:37 PM »
Before you try and take food or money from someone make sure you are more hungry or stronger than them.Wayne didn't have the strength to try this with Ben and Joe.

Joe doesn't give a shit... he sold his magazines for $350 million. He is in his 80's and retired.

Ben is the IFBB. 

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2006, 07:22:38 PM »
Eric W might have something to say who needs what,no the IFBB is poorly run and has been forever and once Eric takes over the same will continue but who has the Money or Power or for that sake the Want to do it?????.now do you get it No one cares.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2006, 07:30:32 PM »

Not sure what is meant by this.  but to let you know Wayne did not call any IFBB pros.  He wanted them to call him.  And there has been many according to him.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2006, 07:31:07 PM »
Lol Miss Karen what kind of drugs are you taking

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2006, 07:32:01 PM »
Not sure what is meant by this.  but to let you know Wayne did not call any IFBB pros.  He wanted them to call him.  And there has been many according to him.

Sure about that, keith?

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2006, 07:33:06 PM »

Dude the gimmick is up. You have no idea how things are ran in this industry. Go back to taking naked pics of yourself with plastic guns and fake ammo.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2006, 07:34:22 PM »

I ordered a pdi shirt months ago, why havent I received it yet. It seems everybody I ask associated with the pdi keep ignoring me.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2006, 07:36:18 PM »
I ordered a pdi shirt months ago, why havent I received it yet. It seems everybody I ask associated with the pdi keep ignoring me.

That's because 240 told them you're a douchebag and not to send you a shirt.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2006, 07:41:29 PM »
That's because 240 told them you're a douchebag and not to send you a shirt.

So if they dislike their customers they decide not to send them their items even though they have paid for them?Hmmmm picking up phone right now

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2006, 07:43:52 PM »
So if they dislike their customers they decide not to send them their items even though they have paid for them?Hmmmm picking up phone right now

Actually, if 240 dislikes their customers...   ;D ;D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2006, 07:46:04 PM »
Sure about that, keith?

Yea pretty much can one pro come on here and factually state he was approached by Wayne.  Please list them and have them come on here and tell exactly the situation they were approached.

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2006, 08:07:15 PM »
Pretty sure the call went out a few weeks before the tried takeover.I am going to start PDI and take over all IFBB Pro shows are you all ok with this????.No drugs just as I have said on more than one time on here English is not my 1st or 2nd language.OK.Sorry.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2006, 08:09:20 PM »
No drugs just as I have said on more than one time on here English is not my 1st or 2nd language.OK.Sorry.

Well, since "Dipshit" is not our 1st or 2nd language, please excuse us if we find it difficult to understand you.  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2006, 08:17:29 PM »
Pretty sure the call went out a few weeks before the tried takeover.

Well, if you're pretty sure, then I don't need evidence of any kind.