Author Topic: Forced to change  (Read 2349 times)

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Forced to change
« on: September 17, 2006, 10:56:40 AM »
Heu guys and gals, funny sort of situation, was playing rugby at the wknd (we won by the way), and i hurt my knee (guy hitting knee one way and my body going the other,yummy), anyway i played on, scored a try, ran my ass into the ground. after game had doc look at it (was dox ther) he sed id strained my medial ligament. Today its alot tighter stiffer, adn i tried body weight squat and i cant really get more than a 1/3 of the way down without feeling it.

I wanna play this sat tho dont wanna force it, question to u guys is this: i do upper/lower split and last week was upper/lower/upper, and this week i was really looking foreward to lower/upper/lower, but now thatl be a problem.

Do u guys think i should just keep doing upper/lower/upper for next coupe weeks and take it easy on lower days doing light weight DB/BB squats in the tope 1/2 range of motione just too keep my quad/thigh muscles working a bit....while also doing unilateral leg press/leg raise on leg thats ok??

OR should i change things for couple weeks and do something like monday=back tri's....Wednesday=shoulders/traps....friday=chest/bi's?

Also consider that i will be doing light jogging etc or as much as i can do (hopefully full normal rugby training sessions) on tuesday and thursday.

Help a brother out with ur advice?!

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Forced to change
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 05:29:46 AM »
Davie-have a few weeks off to rest it mate.I tore my medial ligament 9 years ago and never played again.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 06:40:57 AM »
Bro i feel for u, luckily i just strained it, and kept playing (i was told it was one of the best games id ever played-go figure with the bad knee lol), but after it obviously started stiffeninig, iv been told by sum1 that might be able to play this wknd, if keep iceing it and taking anti inflamitaries (spelling).
Im gonna do upper/lower/upper agin this week, and on the lower days just stretch alot and mayb do body weight squats,to stretch knee etc while giving wee bit work to quads. Dont wanna push it.

Its funny how im starting to really enjoy working legs (weird i no) and have big desire for big legs and this happens, and means i cant go heavy for couple weeks ahhhh.

davie

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 02:47:39 PM »
Maybe better safe than sorry,Davie,but good luck anyway.I really missed not playing but managed to turn it into a positive by starting competitive bodybuilding.Nothing beats rugby though-to paraphrase Arnold -scoring a try 'is like coming with a woman'-well almost ;D

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 04:53:13 AM »
Haha i hear ya, im top try scorer do far, annoying for all tha backs as i play back row lol.

Im not gonna push it, iv got training tonight, just gonna light jog etc. il decide on thursday if im gonna play or not on saturday, not sure yet.

davie