Author Topic: Best Brands of Makeup  (Read 7578 times)

proschic

• Getbig III
  • like a midget in a urinal.....
Best Brands of Makeup
« on: September 17, 2006, 07:43:10 PM »
Can someone please help me out....

With my hormones going crazy, and the stress from planning the wedding....my skin is going to shit.  I have NEVER had a problem with acne, irritation, or oily skin...but the last few months, I can't seem to get it right.

I only use makeup from Sephora.  Estee lauder and Stila are my favs, but I feel like they might be lending to the problem.  I've talked to my doc, the ladies at the stores, and the girl who does my facials.  They say to not wear makeup.  Ummmmmm.....NO! 

If anyone can help me out....it would be so much appreciated.  Money is not an issue if I can buy something that can give me my pre-preg skin.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Best Brands of Makeup
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 01:32:20 AM »
Can someone please help me out....

With my hormones going crazy, and the stress from planning the wedding....my skin is going to shit.  I have NEVER had a problem with acne, irritation, or oily skin...but the last few months, I can't seem to get it right.

I only use makeup from Sephora.  Estee lauder and Stila are my favs, but I feel like they might be lending to the problem.  I've talked to my doc, the ladies at the stores, and the girl who does my facials.  They say to not wear makeup.  Ummmmmm.....NO! 

If anyone can help me out....it would be so much appreciated.  Money is not an issue if I can buy something that can give me my pre-preg skin.

Proschic, I'd like to suggest that the problem isn't the makeup itself, but rather the hormones currently influencing your skin. My sister went through the same thing with her pregnancy. I would say concentrate on the "skincare" over the makeup.

The best skincare line I could recommend is the Synergy skincare line. I can't say enough about it. I swear by it.

You can learn more about it by visiting here.

If you would like to try it, let me know, and I will provide it to you at wholesale.

Hope That Helps,
w

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 08:07:39 AM »
do without makeup.  it's all chemicals.

but MAC is okay. (On a Saturday night, if you're going to a big do
xL

eat properly
exfoliate

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 08:12:46 AM »
I've found MAC makeup to be some of the worst crap out there.

I'm referring to their foundations & powders etc. They clog the living daylights out of your pores.

Their loose eyeshadow powders are great, fabulous for customizing your own shades etc,
and their lip tints are the bomb, ...but unless you want to break out like a madwoman, and to have enlarged pores, I'd skip their foundations, and their face powders.

Their blotting powder works great, really soaks up the oil/shine, ...but it's hell on the complexion.
w

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 08:26:03 AM »
judi, may i ask you?

I haven't been back to Toronto for a long time. 

Is MAC >Francis Hathaway?  she started it in about '84, no?  made gazillions.  Am I right?  Is she still alive? 

We partied.  Oh hang on, I ought not say that, she turned gay.  I knew her and her ex hubby well.

xxxL

work on your complexion.  smile

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 09:23:11 AM »
Well here are my two cents but I haven't be good at the advice thing, still it is hard to shut up.
(You think that might be a personality flaw?  8) )

I agree with Judi and the Paint Peddlers you talked to.

Your wedding is how many days away now?  I never pictured you as vain. It seems to me if you can't go au natural for the last few days so your wedding pictures are truly amazing and you don't look at them and always see the "bad skin", that rings vanity bells.  Seems like a small price to pay to me.

Now Judi is dead bang on correct about working the skin care as opposed to changing makeup.

Do both and look beautiful in your photos for all eternity. (You will regardless, your too pretty of a girl to look otherwise, you have that "glow" about you.
Just Bad Bad Blood!

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 09:36:38 AM »
be veined (wear a nice veil?

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 09:42:42 AM »
still it is hard to shut up.
(You think that might be a personality flaw?

just thank your lucky stars that everyone doesn't start shouting at you to shut up and fuck off.

i need to voice.

I just moved 250 bricks and sold them for £200.  (yellow London stocks:  yellow brick road.  They are worth £1 each.

no make up.  just sweat.  Now I need a good wash. 

loofah
xL

proschic

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 10:28:39 AM »
Proschic, I'd like to suggest that the problem isn't the makeup itself, but rather the hormones currently influencing your skin. My sister went through the same thing with her pregnancy. I would say concentrate on the "skincare" over the makeup.

The best skincare line I could recommend is the Synergy skincare line. I can't say enough about it. I swear by it.

You can learn more about it by visiting here.

If you would like to try it, let me know, and I will provide it to you at wholesale.

Hope That Helps,

Thanks so much Jag,  I will check it out and pm you for an order. 
Well here are my two cents but I haven't be good at the advice thing, still it is hard to shut up.
(You think that might be a personality flaw?  8) )

I agree with Judi and the Paint Peddlers you talked to.

Your wedding is how many days away now?  I never pictured you as vain. It seems to me if you can't go au natural for the last few days so your wedding pictures are truly amazing and you don't look at them and always see the "bad skin", that rings vanity bells.  Seems like a small price to pay to me.

Now Judi is dead bang on correct about working the skin care as opposed to changing makeup.

Do both and look beautiful in your photos for all eternity. (You will regardless, your too pretty of a girl to look otherwise, you have that "glow" about you.

When I spend my days at the house....i go natural, but i can't go out without a little color on my face.  I stopped my foundation and powder base and just wear eye makup.  I will see if this helps.  Along with the products Judi recommends. 

And no...I am not vain at all...just freakin out.  ;D

~weed~

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 12:44:55 PM »
Mineral makeup.   All I will wear now.   No chemicals, parabens, and other crap in it.     Some brands do have fillers and preservatives in them, so all are not created equal. 

~flour~

• Getbig I
  • ~flour~
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2006, 12:50:49 PM »
Hi, ~weed~!
Team ~flower~

~weed~

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2006, 12:52:24 PM »

hi ~flour~     :)

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2006, 01:04:46 PM »
lolz

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2006, 07:46:47 PM »
Thanks so much Jag,  I will check it out and pm you for an order. 
When I spend my days at the house....i go natural, but i can't go out without a little color on my face.  I stopped my foundation and powder base and just wear eye makup.  I will see if this helps.  Along with the products Judi recommends. 

And no...I am not vain at all...just freakin out.  ;D

Natascha,
One of the things I love best about the line, is that it gives me the 'pregnancy glow' without actually being pregnant.

The Basic skincare regimen is:
  • Delicate Face Cleanser
  • Revitalizing Toner
  • Anti-Aging Serum
  • DNA Repair Créme
  • Advanced Face Cream
w

proschic

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2006, 08:02:50 PM »
Natascha,
One of the things I love best about the line, is that it gives me the 'pregnancy glow' without actually being pregnant.

The Basic skincare regimen is:
  • Delicate Face Cleanser
  • Revitalizing Toner
  • Anti-Aging Serum
  • DNA Repair Créme
  • Advanced Face Cream

Is it like a 3 to 5 step system?  Or do you use the cleanser and toner...and the other things at random.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2006, 11:39:31 PM »
Is it like a 3 to 5 step system?  Or do you use the cleanser and toner...and the other things at random.

It's a simple 4 step sytem. 1st cleanse, 2nd tone, 3rd repair, and 4th moisturize.

First you cleanse, then use the 'revitalizing toner'. The toning is a very important step because it prepares the skin to better absorb the Gen III & Gen IV technologies in the other steps. Gen III technology contains special liposomes that penetrate deep into the skin. Once they reach a certain pH level, the liposomes break open to release their contents to the fibroblasts & keratinocytes deep within the skin. The toner is a vital step in preparing the skin to best absorb them, and to ensure the proper pH level of your skin. Next step is DNA repair créme which releases repairative enzymes from sea plankton into the skin. The technology was originally developed to assist children with the genetic disorder called xeroderma pigmentosum (XP), a disease where kids are unable to produce their own repairative enzyme from UV damage, and as a result must live life shielded from the sun. Sea Plankton at the equator level is exposed to a tremendous amount of UV rays, and over time has evolved to repair itself from UV damage. This same enzyme is identical to our own, and really facilitates repair to the damage to our DNA that solar radiation produces. Because the market of kids with this disease is so small, it wasn't profitable for manufacturers to produce this, ...however, due to the huge cosmetic effect it has on the skin, Synergy acquired the rights to it, and uses it as a cosmetic skin créme. Were it not for that, these poor kids would get no relief at all, and would be forced to live their lives in moon suits. Next step is 'Anti-aging Serum' (I prefer to do this step only at night because you have to pat it on and wait for it to absorb) I prefer my skincare to be quick & hassle-free. Next step is 'Advanced Face Cream' moisturizer. All of our skincare products incorporate what we call Liquid Crystal Technology & Barrier Restoration Technology.

Liquid Crystal Technology

In order to make a creamy lotion there must be an emulsion of oil and water. Most lotions contain soap-like ingredients in order to keep the oil and water mixed together. These can be extremely harsh on the skin, damage the skin’s natural barrier, and increase the loss of precious moisture. The truth is that most lotions create the dry skin problems they are touted to repair. Synergy has created a special emulsion that we call Liquid Crystal Technology which is free of harsh detergents and soaps. With Liquid Crystal Technology we can create a luxurious emulsion that is actually good for your skin.

Barrier Restoration Technology

The top layer of our skin is responsible for keeping good things in and bad things out of our body. It is a barrier that must work well to keep the water (or moisture) in and foreign matter (or allergens) from entering. The problem is that many things can attack this barrier, including harsh cleansers, UV exposure, hot water, cold air, and conventional lotions and soaps. Synergy's Barrier Restoration Technology in our skin care products is a patented and proprietary combination of fatty acids, lipids, and cholesterol which work together to repair and normalize the skin's barrier. This complex helps the process of normalizing the skin's barrier function more rapidly than the skin could achieve on its own.

In the morning:                                     In the evening:

1. Cleanse                                              1. Cleanse
2. Tone                                                  2. Tone
3. DNA Repair créme                                 3. DNA repair créme
4. Advanced Faced Cream                         4. Anti-Aging Serum
                                                            5. Advanced Face Cream

With steps 3, 4, & 5, it's basically just a tiny little dab the size of a pea, smoothed over your entire face.

If you're like me, you might find yourself having to literally sit on your hands to keep from touching your face afterwards. I was so blown away by how my skin felt & looked after I first used it, that I just couldn't stop touching my face.

For more in depth about how the skin care works, you might want to take a look at this flash presentation.
Information about the skincare components starts at about slide #16

Hope That Helps,
w

INSOMNIA

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • we're all mad here
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2006, 01:37:50 AM »
Lancome

proschic

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2006, 09:17:51 AM »
Jag, I printed your post out.  :)  You are so helpful. 

Call me stupid, but at 25, is it ok to use the dna creme, and anti-aging serum?  I would assume it will just help prevent what is not there. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2006, 07:22:52 PM »
Jag, I printed your post out.  :)  You are so helpful. 

Call me stupid, but at 25, is it ok to use the dna creme, and anti-aging serum?  I would assume it will just help prevent what is not there. 

It's not only perfectly ok, but most of us who use them only we wish had been using them at 25. Both the DNA Repair Créme and the Anti-Aging Serum are great at any ages, ...and at 25, this is the perfect time to start using them. Partly because of your age, ...but also too because having a child really takes a toll on a woman's body.

My girlfriend Melanie loves the DNA Repair Créme. She's very fair skinned Norwegian stock, and her 7 yr old son was so eager to go out and play one day, that when she asked him if he had his sunblock on, ...he lied and said yes. The little guy came back in scorched like a lobster. She was so pissed. He was burned pretty badly and they were blistering. She had just started using the DNA Repair créme herself, and decided to try it on his burns. The blistering went away, and his burns turned into a golden tan. It's a great product that really helps your skin repair itself from exposure to solar radiation. It doesn't have to be a sun burn, just simply being outside in the daylight causes UV damage. As a Black person, I have more built in protection against UV damage than Caucasians, ...but even I don't go without using the DNA Repair créme daily, ...especially when I've been outside. The sun damages your skin. There's no question about it. It rips strands of DNA causing whats known as 'thimadine dimers'. Your body now has to repair those. Cumulatively and over time, we're unable to keep up with the rate of repair and this leads to mutations as well as premature aging of the skin. DNA Repair Créme puts more of the repairative enzyme into our skin to help us with the repair process. The result, better looking skin without the damage.

You can hear MaryAnn discussing the skincare more indepth here. Just scroll down to the audio recording.

Just try the products. Delivery time is usually 3 business days.
Use them for a few weeks and you'll be amazed at how your skin both looks and feels.  :)

w