Author Topic: The Constitution: Growing stronger, weaker, or same?  (Read 1492 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
The Constitution: Growing stronger, weaker, or same?
« on: September 18, 2006, 01:13:43 AM »
Compare 2006 to 2000.

Do you feel the constitution has been weakened by the Patriot Act? 

Do Americans have less rights?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: The Constitution: Growing stronger, weaker, or same?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 09:57:09 AM »
Compare 2006 to 2000.

Do you feel the constitution has been weakened by the Patriot Act? 

Do Americans have less rights?

No. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 11:21:32 AM »
Patriot Act -

Many people are wondering how this act affects the individual computer user at their own home.  The government is given much more access to the things viewed on each person’s individual internet accounts in their homes.  Agencies have been given the power to use pen-register authority on home computers through someone’s Internet Service Provider.  Pen-register authority has been primarily used on telephone conversations.  The actual content of the conversation is not viewed, but simply the times of numbers dialed and received on a certain phone account.  When this is applied to the internet, the government views the times of e-mails received and sent.  It also traces who the come from or go out to.  The act also allowed the government to view more in-depth information about a person’s e-mail account through their ISPs.  Some of this information included such vital information as credit-card numbers.  All of this information is obtained without a court order.

The government can record who you email and who emails you. 

They couldn't do this before the patriot Act.  Now I know, no one has anything to hide.  But should anyone decide to use this information in a nefarious purpose, guess what - there will be no record of who tapped you, for what reason, etc. 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 12:41:22 PM »
Its a fact, several of our rights have been taken.   >:(
S

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 12:50:11 PM »
Patriot Act -

Many people are wondering how this act affects the individual computer user at their own home.  The government is given much more access to the things viewed on each person’s individual internet accounts in their homes.  Agencies have been given the power to use pen-register authority on home computers through someone’s Internet Service Provider.  Pen-register authority has been primarily used on telephone conversations.  The actual content of the conversation is not viewed, but simply the times of numbers dialed and received on a certain phone account.  When this is applied to the internet, the government views the times of e-mails received and sent.  It also traces who the come from or go out to.  The act also allowed the government to view more in-depth information about a person’s e-mail account through their ISPs.  Some of this information included such vital information as credit-card numbers.  All of this information is obtained without a court order.

The government can record who you email and who emails you. 

They couldn't do this before the patriot Act.  Now I know, no one has anything to hide.  But should anyone decide to use this information in a nefarious purpose, guess what - there will be no record of who tapped you, for what reason, etc. 

Ok genius:

What about my rights to carry a gun?  My right to not have to wear a seatbelt?  My right to talk on the phone while driving?  My rights to do with my money what I want?  My right not to pay social security tax?  My right to smoke?  My right to smoke pot?  My right to be a racist?  My right to donate $$$$ whoever I want to.

Wake up, our rights have been dwindling for years under all presidents. 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 01:11:40 PM »
I bet the next step is seizure of our guns so we can't fight back.  I'm sure you and Intenseone will hand them right over though, cause Fox News will say its the "patriotic" thing to do.
S

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 01:16:27 PM »
I bet the next step is seizure of our guns so we can't fight back.  I'm sure you and Intenseone will hand them right over though, cause Fox News will say its the "patriotic" thing to do.

Wrong numbnuts.  I am perfectly set up to take of care myself if you know what I mean. 

My point was that liberals and those on the left do not want freedom or  more rights.  They want special rights and they want certain rights. 

Hate speech laws?????  Who proposes those laws??????  Are not those restrictive???

Punative taxation for social programs????  Doesn't that restrict my right to make a living off my labor?

Nanny state programs???? 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 01:21:31 PM »
Who said anything about liberals or past presidents??
Ok genius:

What about my rights to carry a gun?  My right to not have to wear a seatbelt?  My right to talk on the phone while driving?  My rights to do with my money what I want?  My right not to pay social security tax?  My right to smoke?  My right to smoke pot?  My right to be a racist?  My right to donate $$$$ whoever I want to.

Wake up, our rights have been dwindling for years under all presidents. 

PLEASE START READING THE QUESTIONS.
Compare 2006 to 2000.

Bush was wiretapping Americans without warrents.  Do you just ignore this??? Or....? Thats just one of the many rights that have been trampled on.

By the way could you please quit acting like a little bitch resorting to name calling?  K Thnx
S

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 01:24:27 PM »
Who said anything about liberals or past presidents??
PLEASE START READING THE QUESTIONS.
Just one of the many rights that have been trampled on.  Bush was wiretapping Americans without warrents.  Do you just ignore this??? Or....?

By the way could you please quit acting like a little bitch resorting to name calling?  K Thnx

Because you act like the GOP are the only ones who restrict rights.  The liberals restrict your rights just the same way in many many other areas that are more real and affect you in many more ways than you realize. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 04:07:18 PM »
Because you act like the GOP are the only ones who restrict rights.  The liberals restrict your rights just the same way in many many other areas that are more real and affect you in many more ways than you realize. 

Please don't make it repub/dem.
yes, Clinton was a gungrabbing, liberty hating SOB.  This is a fact.
yes - from 1994 to 2000, our rights were lessened.

My Q was, has it gotten even WORSE from 2000 to 2006?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 05:00:08 AM »
Please don't make it repub/dem.
yes, Clinton was a gungrabbing, liberty hating SOB.  This is a fact.
yes - from 1994 to 2000, our rights were lessened.

My Q was, has it gotten even WORSE from 2000 to 2006?

No, it is a progressive thing for decades.  Increased taxation, regulation, etc since the early part of the 1900's has eroded liberty.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 04:37:04 AM »
Given the recent events of late, ...I'd say Dead in the Water!  :'(
w