Author Topic: after seeing the NOC Pics  (Read 4220 times)

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
after seeing the NOC Pics
« on: September 18, 2006, 08:18:13 AM »
I am convinced that there are a lot of getbiggers who could be PDI pros,
and some of them would place way better than a lot of those guys.

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
Re: after seeing the NOC Pics
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 08:21:44 AM »
I assume you have Alexxx in mind yes?
It hasn't helped...

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 08:23:26 AM »
I am convinced that there are a lot of getbiggers who could be PDI pros,
and some of them would place way better than a lot of those guys.

I have to agree with you on this....The pre-qualifier pics were a joke...Wow, I have seen much better at local small shows....
Watching The Haters

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 08:26:49 AM »
I assume you have Alexxx in mind yes?

I don't think Alex loks very good buy he looks a lot better than a lotr of those pdi guys

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 08:28:45 AM »
Checking out all those thumbs, you know it.   http://www.femuscle.org/galleries/Copy%20of%20NOC06/SaturdayMorning/GL_06NOC1461.jpg    Lee vs. everybody else.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

John Romano

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 10:06:15 AM »
There were 3 or 4  guys other than Lee at the NOC that have potential if they immersed themselves in American hardcore bodybuilding  and went for it with a guru, money for their drugs, etc. On even ground, these guys could be a lot better.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 10:18:51 AM »
There were 3 or 4  guys other than Lee at the NOC that have potential if they immersed themselves in American hardcore bodybuilding  and went for it with a guru, money for their drugs, etc. On even ground, these guys could be a lot better.

I agree there were a few but I did see some that looked embarrassing

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 10:20:38 AM »
I am a champion!
just push some weight!

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 10:29:17 AM »
These are a couple pix of me.  If i had been given a opportunity to compete at the PDI show i would not have done it.  To make the show and org better they should make the 6-7 through 20 re qualify at one of their qualifying shows.  LOTS of guys are NOT pros....alot of guys can't even win a local show, and that's the truth.  Nothing against these guys but they are not pros, not even close and should not be allowed to step on stage with guys that have busted their asses to acheive the level of physique development they have.  try to win a legit local show first.  in Florida some of these guys would not even place top 5 at the southern states....same thing in a ny show.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 10:30:15 AM »
I thought the guys in the top 8-10 were all good BBers.  I noticed several European guys looked like they were a bit off in condition and would have looked a lot more impressive if 100%.  Its probably hard with the travel overseas.

What I hope to see is athletes with more aesthetic shapes, who don't need guru's and boatloads of gear to move over to the PDI.  Guys like Sami!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2006, 10:32:19 AM »
cool shot's ,pretty big.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2006, 10:33:00 AM »
Yes, sami is a legit bodybuilder and could definitly deserve the pro status....as well as some other guys, but not most.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2006, 10:36:36 AM »
These are a couple pix of me.  If i had been given a opportunity to compete at the PDI show i would not have done it.  To make the show and org better they should make the 6-7 through 20 re qualify at one of their qualifying shows.  LOTS of guys are NOT pros....alot of guys can't even win a local show, and that's the truth.  Nothing against these guys but they are not pros, not even close and should not be allowed to step on stage with guys that have busted their asses to acheive the level of physique development they have.  try to win a legit local show first.  in Florida some of these guys would not even place top 5 at the southern states....same thing in a ny show.

Not bad for an old fart!
just push some weight!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2006, 11:05:40 AM »
These are a couple pix of me.  If i had been given a opportunity to compete at the PDI show i would not have done it.  To make the show and org better they should make the 6-7 through 20 re qualify at one of their qualifying shows.  LOTS of guys are NOT pros....alot of guys can't even win a local show, and that's the truth.  Nothing against these guys but they are not pros, not even close and should not be allowed to step on stage with guys that have busted their asses to acheive the level of physique development they have.  try to win a legit local show first.  in Florida some of these guys would not even place top 5 at the southern states....same thing in a ny show.
Ah, these photos must of been taken at last year's King Tamali 'Kitchen Open.'  :)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2006, 11:08:38 AM »
I am a champion!

Blowing the most guys in an hour isn't something to brag about.  But if you must, then yes you are a champion

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2006, 11:10:12 AM »
funny thing is some of the guys in the Pro PDI NOC couldn't even qualify for the kamali kitchen novice class, lol.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2006, 11:10:56 AM »
Blowing the most guys in an hour isn't something to brag about.  But if you must, then yes you are a champion

How is that buffalo digesting in your stomach? You gonna add some gravy from the pig sty?
just push some weight!

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2006, 12:05:54 PM »
Nothing against these guys but they are not pros, not even close and should not be allowed to step on stage with guys that have busted their asses to acheive the level of physique development they have.

I would say the difference is an injection.

My friend is up 10 pounds in 10 days from 30mg of British Dragon dbol a day.  I don't care if he's only gained water or even fat for that matter.  That to me says everything about the potency of these drugs in manipulating body weight and increasing nutrient processing efficiency.

Bodybuilding as we know it and as we've seen it for the past 40 or so years is just drugs.  Without drugs pros would look ordinary just like all the natural trainers out there.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2006, 12:14:05 PM »
of course hormones are hormones and have a lot to do with a bodybuilding physique, however, the fact is that the guy in 20 place uses the same stuff the guys that win do.....with that in mind the guy that places at the local show (west palm beach) uses the same thing the pros do.... 

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2006, 12:18:43 PM »
I would say the difference is an injection.

My friend is up 10 pounds in 10 days from 30mg of British Dragon dbol a day.  I don't care if he's only gained water or even fat for that matter.  That to me says everything about the potency of these drugs in manipulating body weight and increasing nutrient processing efficiency.

Bodybuilding as we know it and as we've seen it for the past 40 or so years is just drugs.  Without drugs pros would look ordinary just like all the natural trainers out there.

...you mean they'd look like...GASP....SKIP LACOUR??!!??...noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2006, 12:29:43 PM »
legbreaker, I hear what your saying and agree. 

May not be a bad idea to have anyone out of the top 10 requalify.  Put yourself in the spot of the promoters trying to start up a new organization though, then add that there is a lot of resistance from the competing organization influencing athletes not to compete and/or withdraw.  Gotta start somewhere.  As the show was well run, the judging fair and there were some good BBers on stage, its a good start.  The real test is what happens from here!

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2006, 12:35:25 PM »
Absolutely, Shootfighter!  It's gotta start somewhere and I think they did a good job.  Now that the initial show is done with i think they will be held to a higher quality standard.  I also believe that a lot of other competitors are going to actually consider it an alternative.  Time will tell.

Weightpit

• Getbig III
  • Remember Sharon Tate...Carpe Diem
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2006, 12:37:44 PM »

You look great, dude!!!

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2006, 12:41:17 PM »
Legbreaker, you look awesome in thes pics!!!!!

Great physique.  Very professional looking.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2006, 12:42:27 PM »
Thank you very much.  I appreciate those comments.  I know the pix aren't good quality and they were 3 weeks from a show.