Author Topic: accutane  (Read 6071 times)

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
Re: accutane
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2006, 12:33:14 PM »
My skin looks fucking great! I already feel like I live life with a changed attitude. I feel like I'm blossoming. I'm not self confident about anything anymore... except for my calves.  >:(

Accutane is a hell of a drug!
~

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2006, 01:30:53 PM »
My skin looks fucking great! I already feel like I live life with a changed attitude. I feel like I'm blossoming. I'm not self confident about anything anymore... except for my calves.  >:(

Accutane is a hell of a drug!

I am happy that you have achieved a good response.  I would like to reiterate to others, though, that accutane has some potentially severe complications and negative effects related to its use. 

Here's a previous post I made on the subject.  Do with it what you will:

Accutane is isotretinoin, which inhibits sebaceous gland function and keritinization. 

Biggest side effect, of course, is to females of child-bearing age--it is a MAJOR inducer of serious birth defects.  This should give you some idea of it's level of toxicity.

For our purposes, major side effects can include depression, psychosis and, rarely, suicidal ideation.  NOT a good thing for those on AAS who can experience this anyway.  I am particularly concerned about those who take accutane post cycle, when (as many of you have noticed) acne can become particularly bad, even when you made it through the cycle without any eruptions.  Many of us are prone to post-cycle depression, and this combination could prove to be particularly harmful. 

Other side effects include intracranial hypertension (also known as pseudotumor cerebri), pancreatitis, elevated triglycerides, hepatoxicity and vision impairment (sound like good things for someone taking AAS?? or taking nolva post-cycle which can also lead to visual changes), as well as hearing impairment and decreased bone mineral density.

I think it would be reasonable to suggest avoiding accutane at all costs.

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2006, 08:10:51 PM »
I'm not using steroids so I feel I'm in the clear. You make good points though. I probably wouldn't use accutane while on steroids to avoid the mental issues.
~