Author Topic: accutane  (Read 6073 times)

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
accutane
« on: September 18, 2006, 02:58:58 PM »
I'm starting accutane wednesday. It's not to deal with acne from roids it's acne from puberty but still I know accutane is somewhat commonly used by steroid users.

The potential side effects are pretty brutal, in fact, when I went into the doctor's office she told her assistant "I know you're not going to like this. I'm prescribing this man accutane." Has there been any accutane horror stories?

One side effect in particular has made me feel a little anxious. That is it's potential damaging effects on bones and muscles. I train HARD! I really fear tearing muscles! Should I feel at ease?

Also I'm going to expect my skin and lips to become as dry as dead wood. Any lotions/chap sticks are recommended specifically for accutane patients?

Thanks.
~

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • WTF this stuff really works
Re: accutane
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 03:04:28 PM »
save your self some money and just use lava soap

Extreme Muscle

• Getbig II
  • http://chemicallyevolved.com/phpBB2/
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 03:07:51 PM »
save your self some money and just use lava soap

I have heard lava soap is good for acne probs but nothing clears it up like accutane!

I have seen accutane work wonders!

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 03:52:07 PM »
I'm not interested in lava soap. Accutane will ensure I clear up for good. And that will ensure that I am as successful as I can potentially be. I'll become more outgoing, I'll make a better impression on people, I'll have a chance to find true happiness with the realization of my potential! I've had acne for 5 years and if you doubt that nearly every day was a challenge for me in one way or another you're insane. Accutane will be the best thing for my social life.
~

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 04:28:28 PM »
you must not have read up on accutane? but do what ever you need to do to make you happy :'(
and it DOES NOT clear up for good. the only way you will never get acne again is if your pores closed up and never opened again.

let me help you here. the way your talking you have no self essteem, you are insacure.You are so tring to rely on your looks to help you.ITS not going to work,you can be the best looking person and still be a looser!!!! your looks are the least of your worries.Why the hell would anyone want to be happy with you,when you cant even be happy or even love yourself.
It's great to have a social life but try to get a life first. Wait before you get all mad Im not bashing you I am just so tired of these people comming on a steroid forum and crying because they are depressed or they have acne etc....

Do what you need to do to have others like you.... acne or no acne your still going to feel the way you feel now!!!!

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 06:53:57 PM »
You definetely got the wrong idea. Yes, I do have a life. A very fulfilling one. I'm actually a very social person, being one of the most popular students in my high school. It's just that no matter who you are, if you have persistent acne it DOES affect you negatively! I have it all, minus the acne. It's just that I don't see myself reaching my potential as long as I don't look and feel the best I possibly can.
~

gettinswole

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 06:59:29 PM »
i know how you feel figgs, i had acne all through highschool and i hated it. but zeek, where can you get lava soap?

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 07:21:26 PM »
you can get lava soap at the store.

I guess my point im making Figgs is I understand the problem on the outside but your potential is up to you and what you make of it not the way your looking. you cant help getting acne its a part of life. but if makes you that upset then you do what you need to do. How old are you? cause acne i think stops like around 21 or so.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 08:27:05 PM »
but zeek, where can you get lava soap?

He's not serious.

This is the soap auto mechanics and the like scrub their hands with.
:

Journeyman

• Getbig II
  • BIGGER STRONGER FASTER!
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 10:34:10 PM »
You definetely got the wrong idea. Yes, I do have a life. A very fulfilling one. I'm actually a very social person, being one of the most popular students in my high school. It's just that no matter who you are, if you have persistent acne it DOES affect you negatively! I have it all, minus the acne. It's just that I don't see myself reaching my potential as long as I don't look and feel the best I possibly can.

yeah man that acne shit doesnt last forever been through it as well just wasnt as social as you describe im 33yrs old now no trace of that acne shit and its been that way for years now! "Back then hoes didnt want me now im hot hoes all on me" True Story" ;D
Journeyman

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 05:21:59 AM »
He's not serious.

This is the soap auto mechanics and the like scrub their hands with.

im for real

sportingsteroids

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2006, 06:45:07 AM »
i have been useing accutane, good pills but price is an dissadvantage...
w

littlechris

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 08:38:54 PM »
accutane is a fantastic drug for curing acne permanently.  it will permanently shrink and disable your sebaceous glands after which you will never produce much oil, gear or not.  just becareful not to take too much or your skin will get so dry you will get a rash.  40 mgs a day for about 45 days will clear you up permanently. accutane is liver toxic, but the liver is practically bulletproof.

-lc

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2006, 03:14:29 PM »
I took my first pill of isotretinoin (Accutane)! I'm on 20 mg right now. I'm really looking foward to seeing my skin clear. In roughly 2 months I'll finally know what I look like without acne.
~

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2006, 06:59:52 PM »
im for real
  You would seriously use Lava soap on your face  :o ???
:

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2006, 07:13:43 PM »
  You would seriously use Lava soap on your face  :o ???

I've never even heard of lava soap. I don't know who to believe as to what it's used for, not that I'm thinking of using it since accutane is all I'll ever need from now on! But it would be funny as hell if zeek actually used a soap that auto mechanics use to treat acne!
~

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2006, 08:30:59 PM »
I've never even heard of lava soap. I don't know who to believe as to what it's used for, not that I'm thinking of using it since accutane is all I'll ever need from now on! But it would be funny as hell if zeek actually used a soap that auto mechanics use to treat acne!

Lava soap has been around for 100 years (literally).  Go into any shop bathroom where guys get their hand filthy, greasy, etc. and you will see a bar or bottle of it.  It's pumice based and feels like you're washing your hands with fine liquid sand.  Very harsh - or at least that's what I remember from working on cars with my dad.
:

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2006, 09:09:27 PM »
Sounds like it would be horrible for acne. And uncomfortable to put on!
~

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2006, 09:28:28 PM »
Holy shit!  This Accutane is some serious stuff  :o with potential serious side effects (esp. for women).  Good luck with it.  I hope it works.  http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/infopage/accutane/medicationguide.htm
:

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2006, 08:20:08 AM »
Yeah there's like a 98% chance that if a woman becomes pregnant while on accutane, her child will be born deformed. Seriously, on the box and packets, on EVERY single side of the box and on every individual surface of the packing, there is a warning to women to not become pregnant and use at least 2 methods of safe sex!

Accutane doesn't effect a man's sperm though, so I'm safe, not that I want to have a kid!
~

musclebutt

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2006, 10:13:43 PM »
does anyone know when lava soap and benzoil peroxide treatment start to work? I have been doing it for two weeks and in two more weeks I have an appointment with a dermatologist- hoping it would clear before then

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2006, 12:27:06 AM »
Just go on accutane and get it over with.
~

bigguns175

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2006, 09:40:02 AM »
Some insight from an accutane user.  I have had horrible acne from puberty since god knows.  I took accutane MIRACLE drug clears everything up.  Dries your skin horribly while your on it so lotion up :).    It is very harsh on the liver, I drank some while I was on it and I puked black bile pretty disgusting...funny as hell tho still remember my roommate he was like "dude did you have a protein shake be4 u went out and I was like naw man thats bile and he was like u sick motherfuc*er" LOL  Anyway, also you have to take the stuff for about 6 months at least and for some people it is permanant for others it comes back in a few years and if you use any AAS you might bring the acne back.  It is a highly controlled substance I have not been able to get in 2 years 1/2 the dermatologist dont have a special license to prescribe or are too scared to, and for the other 1/2 well I can't pass a blood test from the AAS use.  Since, I can't get my hands on any accutane I've been taking amoxicillan for the last year and that stuff works fairly well too, 3-4 pills a day and your good but accutane is the best.  Good Luck kid and feel good.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2006, 11:25:48 AM »
Another Accutane user here. I didn't have the acne that you see in "Before" photos but I would get frequent cystic acne pustules deep under the skin that you just can't pop even with a needle! It really sucked and affected my confidence. I didn't get laid from the time I was 16 until I was 18 and I blame the acne.

I used the Accutane for about 3-4 months. It does dry you out. You need to use lip balm and drink a lot of water. What is actually does is dry out the sweat glands that are causing the acne. It dries them out permanently. I never got acne again. Even now, I only get zits when I am too lazy to wash my face. Best of all, once my acne went away, I started banging mad chicks. Then I got AIDS. Which is better than acne because chicks don't know you have it. Except when I wear my 'HIV Positive' T-Shirt, which I should probably save in case I ever get sent to prison. But that's another story. Good luck and once that acne clears up, buy a few boxes of condoms or just stay away from dirty whores.

Best of Luck, Pockface Brother!

Special "HI-FIVE" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2006, 01:24:42 PM »
Some insight from an accutane user.  I have had horrible acne from puberty since god knows.  I took accutane MIRACLE drug clears everything up.  Dries your skin horribly while your on it so lotion up :).    It is very harsh on the liver, I drank some while I was on it and I puked black bile pretty disgusting...funny as hell tho still remember my roommate he was like "dude did you have a protein shake be4 u went out and I was like naw man thats bile and he was like u sick motherfuc*er" LOL  Anyway, also you have to take the stuff for about 6 months at least and for some people it is permanant for others it comes back in a few years and if you use any AAS you might bring the acne back.  It is a highly controlled substance I have not been able to get in 2 years 1/2 the dermatologist dont have a special license to prescribe or are too scared to, and for the other 1/2 well I can't pass a blood test from the AAS use.  Since, I can't get my hands on any accutane I've been taking amoxicillan for the last year and that stuff works fairly well too, 3-4 pills a day and your good but accutane is the best.  Good Luck kid and feel good.

Dude, that vomit must have been a sight! I don't drink too much so it will be no challenge to control any harsh partying. I'll be the loser at the party with a 64 oz. water bottle in my hand surrounded by kegs, beer pong, and belly shots. Goddamnit!

I found out that drug companies are being pressured to take accutane off the market. I consider myself lucky to have gotten my hands on it before that happened. It's a harsh drug and deserves its respect.

Thanks for the feedback.  :)

Another Accutane user here. I didn't have the acne that you see in "Before" photos but I would get frequent cystic acne pustules deep under the skin that you just can't pop even with a needle! It really sucked and affected my confidence. I didn't get laid from the time I was 16 until I was 18 and I blame the acne.

I used the Accutane for about 3-4 months. It does dry you out. You need to use lip balm and drink a lot of water. What is actually does is dry out the sweat glands that are causing the acne. It dries them out permanently. I never got acne again. Even now, I only get zits when I am too lazy to wash my face. Best of all, once my acne went away, I started banging mad chicks. Then I got AIDS. Which is better than acne because chicks don't know you have it. Except when I wear my 'HIV Positive' T-Shirt, which I should probably save in case I ever get sent to prison. But that's another story. Good luck and once that acne clears up, buy a few boxes of condoms or just stay away from dirty whores.

Best of Luck, Pockface Brother!

Special "HI-FIVE" Ed

Special Ed! How kind of you come through in my thread!  ;D

Ohh brother, I know just how you felt. Right in the time in my life when my testosterone is spewing out of my ears and my pecker can't be tamed, I find myself alone with my zipper closed and my belt neatly buckled.

I've set a goal. I'm in the senior year of high school right now. By the end of the year I will become a casanova!! A lot of girls like me but I lack the confidence to assert myself into their pants! In a few months I'll have AIDS, just like you!! My HIV+ results will be framed over my toilet as a sweet reminder of my transition into adulthood!

I seriously hope you don't have AIDS though because I laughed my ass off at your post. LOL!

Just an update on my accutane experience: I'm now savoring the fact that my skin is still able to moisturize itself. I've become very conscious of any changes in the way I feel. No results with my skin yet, of course.

The strange part is knowing the fact that I know I'm being poisoned with massive amounts of vitamin A. It's an unsettling thought which I'm forced to get used to if I want to keep a positive attitude. I'm the kinda guy who never even uses tylenol or any other drug unless it's absolutely necessary because I feel strange having foreign substances enter my body and alter my state of being, to a certain extent.

Well, that's all folks. I'm going to the gym!!
~