Author Topic: Gas prices way down now.  (Read 2255 times)

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
Gas prices way down now.
« on: September 18, 2006, 03:02:31 PM »
I mentioned to someone at my gym that when elections come up the gas prices would plummet. Expecation is now at $1.51 by the end of the year.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Gas prices way down now.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 03:05:03 PM »
Analysts predicted this all year long.  They always drop around election time to the benefit of whichever party is in office.  happened under Clinton, happens under Bush.  The incumbent's party likes to be able to brag about their successes to get their men into congress.  Luckliy, the US people have a goldfish memory and won't remember the summer highs.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 03:05:44 PM »
Hoo-rah!

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 04:42:30 PM »
I dont care who is responsible for it but I payed 2.39$ today and was happy about it. If gas goes down to 1.31$ I will be really happy I think I am going to stockpile that shit.It used to cost me about 75$ to fill up and it cost about 50% today so
yay

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 09:16:24 PM »
They're down about 70 cents a gallon here.  I'm still not happy, but at least I don't feel like cussing whenever I fill up.  Hope the prices keep dropping. 

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 12:21:29 AM »
We're now paying 86.9 pence a litre in Britain now compared to about 98p a litre about a month ago. I don't know what all you Americans are complaining about the cost of gas but if you think you pay loads you should live over here.

PS - I think 86.9p a litre translates into about 7.52 dollars a gallon to give you a bit of perspective.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 03:21:21 AM »
Old school is right. This is just the calm before the storm. After the elections, the price is gonna zoom right back up again, ...especially with the sabre-rattling & uncertainty going back n' forth with Iran. The coming blockade of Iranian oil exports, and sanctions precluding the purchase of their oil will see the previous $3 / gallon seem like a trip to disney land.

I dont care who is responsible for it but I payed 2.39$ today and was happy about it. If gas goes down to 1.31$ I will be really happy I think I am going to stockpile that shit.It used to cost me about 75$ to fill up and it cost about 50% today so
yay

Dude, don't stockpile it. That's dangerous. We had a guy up here in Pickering ON, who was so freaked out about the Millenium bug. He was convinced civilization as we know it would end the moment all the clocks turned over into the new millenium, so he stockpiled gasoline in his garage. Long story short... his house exploded. He lost everything, and insurance didn't cover a single red cent. Storing the gasoline voided his homeowners insurance policy. Jan 1st. came & went without incident, ...I bet he's feeling very silly now.  :-X   :-[
w

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 05:46:50 AM »
Old school is right. This is just the calm before the storm. After the elections, the price is gonna zoom right back up again

No it's not....summer is over!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 05:50:21 AM »
No it's not....summer is over!

it's all ready going back up. 2 days ago it was 77.5 cents/ltr, yesterday it was 83.9
w

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 09:53:00 AM »
They wont reach too far down, cuz remember there are possibilities or war with Iran, also India and China both have growing demands.

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 09:56:11 AM »
it's all ready going back up. 2 days ago it was 77.5 cents/ltr, yesterday it was 83.9

Tell me you're not secretly hoping that prices go back up so that you can make some cash.   :-X :)
BKS - Guardian of Truth

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2006, 06:29:53 PM »
still dropping here.......... from its peak of  $1.17/L its now down to  84.9cents/L

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2006, 09:10:36 PM »

Tell me you're not secretly hoping that prices go back up so that you can make some cash.   :-X :)

I'm making cash either way. The recent rise really hit home for people the fact that they have to buy gas, and they might as well get the most bang for their buck. Even though the prices have gone back down, people are still using the product because it saves them money regardless of the current price of fuel, ...but I'd be a liar if I didn't say that there were times I kinda did secretly smile on the inside everytime the price soared.  :-[ does that make me a bad person?

I don't want the price to go back up because I know how much it hurts everyone, ...but my not wanting it to happen, isn't gonna change the fact that it's going to happen. And I won't deny the fact that that is extremely good for business. I can sleep well at night knowing I'm not responsible for price increases. If I on the other hand was purposely driving the price up in order to make profits... well that wouldn't sit too well with me or my conscience, ...but positioning myself to benefit from an inevitability is simply prudent and good business sense on my part. Knowing I am helping other people in the process just makes it a win/win scenario where we can make lemonade out of lemons. Either scenario... I'm happy with the outcome.
w

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2006, 04:40:19 PM »
nice to see that the price of oil is still dropping.
under $61/barrel today...compared to the high of $78 weeks ago

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2006, 05:29:33 PM »
well i just hope it all lasts.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2006, 05:30:49 PM »
well i just hope it all lasts.