Author Topic: Sucker Punched  (Read 9026 times)

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
Re: Sucker Punched
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2006, 01:52:20 PM »
I am pretty sure I said not all blacks are this way but the majority. I congulate you an the hard work and putting yourself throught college but that is not the majority you decided I am going to go out and make something of myself. Now if you could get all of the other minorities to think this way then we would not be having this disscussion. but you cant do this because most of them dont want to work hard they would rather the govt give them something or go take it from some other person that has worked their whole life for what they have.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2006, 01:55:45 PM »
yeah i cant argue with that

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2006, 02:01:09 PM »
It is absolutely true that whites had a "head start" over blacks.  Pretty much the entire black race in America was illiterate in the 1800s.  Slavery ended in the 1860s, but it really didn't.  The Black Codes and Jim Crow survived until the 1960s, 100 years after slavery ended.  We're only one generation removed from Jim Crow.  Should this be a crutch for "blacks" in today's society?  Of course not.  But you cannot rewrite history.       

Right...very well said.

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2006, 02:07:39 PM »
just imagine a few thousand years from now when race is pretty much no longer around due to mix breeding. then what will the darkys cry about. i love how a guy can have a white mom, and a dad who is half white and half black, or even a quarter black. homeboy comes out whiter than a eminem and yet he reps black and calls every 1 black. fucking ignorant

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2006, 10:25:39 PM »
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2006, 12:53:33 AM »

Al-G, these are the kinds of bigots that don't bother me.   :)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2006, 04:14:44 AM »
big_mal, I can see some of your points, except that not all whites owned slaves in their ancestary, so the argument that somehow whites got a "head start" over blacks isn't true.  But I think many blacks perceive it that way, so they use it as an excuse or crutch, instead of trying to better themselves.

I would disagree. It is not like it was zillions of years ago - legal equality has only existed for what 40 years in the US? After 300+ years of crap thrown at them?And that is legal equality, not actual equality. How a nation expects to treat a group of people like animals, enslave them, deny them equal rights - then expect them to be on the same footing as a group that has a more genial history I will never know. The same way women are not as successful in general as males.

In nations that never had slavery and lack of equality, the races are basically equal as well as solid race relations. Well actually the 'race relation' stuff is like not even happening because race is such an non-entity. Why would blacks and native americans be operating on the same level as whites in some nations and not others? Due to the history.......

Just a perspective from someone who lives in a nation that does not have the horrible history that many others do. My country was actually founded by people escaping slavery. Mostly native americans actually. Slavery or the Jim Crow things never applied here. Hence, we don't have the problems of minorities being disadvantaged and so mostly people are equal. Nice.