Author Topic: What is the best creatine?  (Read 3000 times)

supergeorge

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
What is the best creatine?
« on: September 20, 2006, 12:02:20 PM »
HEY, there are all sortsa creatines out there.... Which in your opinion is the best?..... Also what is the cheapest(or cheap) stores on the net to buy from :D? THANKS.. Also any other sups you recommend besides protein/mutli vit?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: What is the best creatine?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 07:34:47 PM »
HEY, there are all sortsa creatines out there.... Which in your opinion is the best?..... Also what is the cheapest(or cheap) stores on the net to buy from :D? THANKS.. Also any other sups you recommend besides protein/mutli vit?

For me, it's been CELL-TECH. I've been using it for about 2 years. It's helped me bulk up to 252, when I was training for size. When I needed to trim down, it helped me maintain my strength (actually, I lost some strength when I dropped in weight; re-starting my use of CELL-TECH helped me get it back).

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 03:01:03 AM »
AveraSport by far.
No Worries 4 me

Dball

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 09:00:25 AM »
i used to use cell tech, but it has as much sugar as three sodas.  noxplode and charge both have creatine in them and work well, but are considered preworkout drinks.  risking sounding like a schmuck, i use the kre-alkyn pills. i think they work very well, and you can get the 160 count on the web for cheap.  very little bloating.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 05:15:29 PM »
  Shame on you, McWay!  :D ;D

My favorite creatine products are Phosphagen, CellMass, Storm, Shock Therapy, and NO-Xplode.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 05:44:54 PM »
  Shame on you, McWay!  :D ;D

My favorite creatine products are Phosphagen, CellMass, Storm, Shock Therapy, and NO-Xplode.

I used Phosphagen before as well....Actually, most of the time, it was Phosphagen HP. I loaded with it back in 1996 and gained 12 lbs. in 21/2 weeks. However, that was the first time I'd ever loaded with a creatine supplement.

i used to use cell tech, but it has as much sugar as three sodas.  noxplode and charge both have creatine in them and work well, but are considered preworkout drinks.  risking sounding like a schmuck, i use the kre-alkyn pills. i think they work very well, and you can get the 160 count on the web for cheap.  very little bloating.

Actually, it's only two sodas. To me, that's not a big deal. For example, if you look at Phosphagen HP (and other products like it), a serving has 33-35 grams of dextrose, depending on the flavor, and 5.25 grams of creatine.

The only difference, carb-wise, between Phosphagen HP and CELL-TECH is that HP is designed to be taken 4 times a day (during the loading phase); whereas CELL-TECH is only taken twice a day. Four servings of HP has 132-140 grams of dextrose; two servings of CELL-TECH has 150 grams of dextrose. Both have at least 20 grams of creatine.

Since I know people here have used HP before, I don't see why people get so alarmed about the dextrose count in CELL-TECH.

At first, I thought I had to ditch CELL-TECH, when I started trying to trim down. However, all I had to do is simply deduct carbs from my other meals. It worked out great, as I maintained/regained my strength.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 01:23:17 PM »
I asked Milos about this and he and other pros have said to stick with Monohydrate and add in Dextrose yourself.  I make my own Cell-tech with dextrose, Kool aid and the creatine.  It tastes better and I feel great in the gym.

agreed...buy plain creapure creatine...for post workout make your own mix.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 07:34:48 PM »
I asked Milos about this and he and other pros have said to stick with Monohydrate and add in Dextrose yourself.  I make my own Cell-tech with dextrose, Kool aid and the creatine.  It tastes better and I feel great in the gym.

That's more like Phosphagen HP than CELL-TECH, which is fairly cheap depending on when and where you buy it.

Plus, now that CELL-TECH Hardcore has officially hit the market, the previous version of the stuff will drop in price. Although I think the days of my getting 7-lb jugs of CELL-TECH for $20 are over, I see more bargains ahead, such as the 6.7-lb jug I got today for $40. Best of all, it's Lemon-Lime, which is great because I can't stand the Orange-flavored version, which I only got because it was marked down.