Author Topic: Motivation for staying on Diets  (Read 7517 times)

rotiron

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Motivation for staying on Diets
« on: September 20, 2006, 04:33:47 PM »
What sort of motivation do you use to stay on your diets?  I'm not talking about when you are preparing for a competition, but what do you do when you are not competing, between shows?  What works best, food, exercise, herbal supplements, or over the counter? 

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: Motivation for staying on Diets
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 07:36:31 PM »
I know this gets old but....moderation....you want a sweet have it but don't gorge...then push harder next workout....also don't say diet...I think if your not in contest prep mode it just screws your head up...just think of it as healthy eating.

Or just think "damn I can't have that,my ass won't fit in my dolce and gabbana jeans." it works

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 08:57:38 PM »
a picture of what i don't want to be when i open the fridge.  Or a motion detector that screams "FAT ASS GO BACK TO BED" if i get too close to the kitchen

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 04:49:18 AM »
a picture of what i don't want to be when i open the fridge.  Or a motion detector that screams "FAT ASS GO BACK TO BED" if i get too close to the kitchen

LMAO

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 06:27:54 AM »
I know this gets old but....moderation....you want a sweet have it but don't gorge...then push harder next workout....also don't say diet...I think if your not in contest prep mode it just screws your head up...just think of it as healthy eating.

Or just think "damn I can't have that,my ass won't fit in my dolce and gabbana jeans." it works

The only time I strictly stayed on a diet for a long time (10 weeks) was in preparing for a show.  Knowing I would be onstage in a bikini was the biggest factor in helping me to eat clean.  I don't have a problem w/getting motivated to workout - I love it.  Eating clean and minimizing wine consumption is the problem. :-\  Competing is not my thing, but I'm very glad I did it.  It was fun, and really fun to wake up each morning to see how my body had changed.

But as for motivation, one thing that really helps in motivating me to eat clean is reading Oxygen Magazine.  I have tons of back issues because I always save the ones Adela is in.  If you don't subscribe to Oxygen, you should. 

Also, I look at people who eat clean for a certain amount of time and see how great they look and feel, and realize that not eating clean for that same amount of time just ends you up in the same place; feeling like a fat bloated frog.  Why not just eat cleaner and feel and look better? 

If you're not doing a show, just "clean up" your diet or eating regimen.  Instead of ice cream for desert have strawberries w/splenda.  Make your own salad dressing w/one tablespoon of oil (flax or olive etc), one T mustard of any flavor, one T sugar-free maple syrup and 2 T balsamic vinegar instead of pouring on the bottled kind.  You can alter that recipe any way you like, adding garlic and/or rice vinegar etc...but keep your serving of oil to 1 T.   There is a healthy recipe thread on the nutrition board.

Eat 5 or 6 small meals (approx calories from 250-300 cal) and eat 2 1/2 - 3 hours apart.  This was a hard thing for me to do since I usually ate 3 huge meals a day.  But the smaller, more frequent meals get your metabolism going and keep it revved.  Plus, when you are dying for something to eat, it's time to eat again!   If you want something sweet and satisfying, have a protein shake for that meal.  I like Whey Gourmet the best...I just think it tastes the best.

Another motivation is having a good personal trainer.  Make sure you look carefully at your trainer and learn about him/her as there are some that I wouldn't choose.

Have fun and remember, if you eat pretty clean for just this week, you'll look and feel better.  Then do it next week, and the next.  You are not dieting for a show so you don't need to be extremely strict.  Just make better choices.

:)
R

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 06:47:28 AM »
I watch tv shows on fat people trying to get skinny.  The more inbred and retarded the subjects the more motivated I get!!!!  Does that make me a bad person?
It hasn't helped...

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 06:56:12 AM »
maybe just the inbred retarded statements

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 06:57:22 AM »
I'm not accusing anyone in particular, that makes it okay doesnt it?
It hasn't helped...

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 07:07:04 AM »
I always found that just plain loving yourself is the best motivation for eating well and wanting to be healthy.  Once you get into a mindset of deprivation and punishment, it's all downhill from there.   :)

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 07:07:51 AM »
you and your healthy mentality, bleh  ::)

:-*

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2006, 07:18:19 AM »
you and your healthy mentality, bleh  ::)

:-*

Lol, just try it sometime Miggy.  You'll see I'm right.  :-*

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2006, 08:14:29 AM »
Lol, just try it sometime Miggy.  You'll see I'm right.  :-*

NO! and you cant make me! lol  :-* :P

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2006, 08:24:56 AM »
What sort of motivation do you use to stay on your diets?  I'm not talking about when you are preparing for a competition, but what do you do when you are not competing, between shows?  What works best, food, exercise, herbal supplements, or over the counter? 

Its not healthy to stay on hard diets too long. Your body does need some fat in the diet. Speaking for myself, I usually eat clean throughout the year. Meaning absolutely no junk food. Yes ladies...no chocolate, chips, ding dongs, cake, etc. All the good stuff, lol. I will however indulge in other things, such as chicken wings or a good burger and fries once in a blue moon.

PB

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2006, 08:27:11 AM »
cattle prod attached to a snickers bar.  Everytime you reach for it ZAP!!!!!!!!!!

proschic

• Getbig III
  • like a midget in a urinal.....
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2006, 09:31:20 AM »
My post baby diet....this picture is all over my house!  While on the treadmill I just repeat....24 inch waist, 24 inch waist, 24 inch waist....

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2006, 09:32:34 AM »
 ;)

proschic

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2006, 09:38:41 AM »
Do you notice how I have a plate of food in my face in my "diet pic".  Kinda Ironic huh.  ;)

This is me saying to me..."its ok to eat and still look good." 

Seeing this pic makes me want to cry!!  I have to get this belly tight again!!  Oh...here comes the depression. 

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2006, 09:44:00 AM »
Do you notice how I have a plate of food in my face in my "diet pic".  Kinda Ironic huh.  ;)

Seeing this pic makes me want to cry!!  I have to get this belly tight again!!  Oh...here comes the depression. 

oh yeah the plate, i noticed that.  trust me you'll be fine

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2006, 11:39:10 AM »
Personally to keep sane you SHOULD have at least 1 cheat DAY. Not meal, DAY. On that day eat a moderate amount of crap you like!

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2006, 11:50:24 AM »
every day is a cheat day for me, lol

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2006, 01:54:44 PM »
     But I also just finished a bag of halloween chocolate so, eh!

discipline!  just go look at some fat people, that's my motivation
X

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2006, 03:48:18 PM »

So you doing all those creams on your stomach? Like the Vit E, to help?

Yeah just got to keep sane on the nutrition when not competing.

Remember it like this either your going to teach yourself to be a person that eats to live or a person that lives to eat?

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2006, 04:11:02 PM »
i just had some Nutter Butter's with Vanilla Ice Cream, yum!!!!!!!!!
Jaejonna rows 125!!

proschic

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2006, 06:58:22 PM »
So you doing all those creams on your stomach? Like the Vit E, to help?

Yeah just got to keep sane on the nutrition when not competing.

Remember it like this either your going to teach yourself to be a person that eats to live or a person that lives to eat?

Yea, I do the lotions and cocco butter.  If genetics play any role in the whole stretch mark thing..I should be good because there aren't any mothers in my family with them.  And my mother gained 70 lbs with my little brother! :o 

I am not giving in to my cravings...its all sugar stuff.  But I am driving myself crazy.  I just have to keep in mind that I have a little person growing inside me and she is first.  I can't deprive her of food because I am afraid to gain weight.  I occasionally have a chocolate bar or some ice cream...she lets me know she likes it by kicking and moving around afterwards.  Its kinda cute.

Bob says from the back, I don't even look pregnant.  Its just a bowling ball in the front. He thinks its cute, and shoves food my way. 

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2006, 07:08:51 PM »
lol