Author Topic: 2Questions for all religions?  (Read 4091 times)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
2Questions for all religions?
« on: September 20, 2006, 08:28:29 PM »
1) why aren't the dinasours mentioned in the bible, koran or torah?

2) why did god take a 65 mil yr break after the dinasours die to make man?
carpe` vaginum!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: 2Questions for all religions?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 09:04:26 PM »

1.  A dinasour ate that part of the original book

2.  they was the 7th day of rest.  he took some extra time.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 09:29:45 PM »
Lots of animals aren't mentioned in the Bible. 

Dinosaurs are an interesting question.  Don't know the answer.  One possibility is animal experiments.  If you look at animals like the T-Rex, they really have weird body parts (e.g., huge body with tiny little arms).  I don't know enough about genetics and whatnot to explain how that could happen, but sounds plausible. 

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 06:48:39 AM »

Hi Toxy,

1) Some people believe that a dinosaur is referred to in Job 15-19:

"Look at the behemoth, which I made along w/you and which feeds on grass like an ox.  What strength he has in his loins, what power in the muscles of his belly!  His tail sways like a cedar; the sinews of his thighs are close-knit.  His bones are tubes of bronze, his limbs like rods of iron."

Also some people believe that a sea-creature dinosaur is referred to in Job 41:1-15

"Can you pull in the leviathan w/a fishhook or tie down his tongue w/a rope?  Can you put a cord through his nose or pierce his jaw w/a hook?  Will he keep begging your for mercy?  Will he speak to you w/gentle words?  Will hhe make an agreement w/you for you to take him as your slave for life?  Can you make a pet of him like a bird or put him on a leash for your girls?  Will traders barter for him?  Will they divide him up among the merchants?  Can you fill his hide w/harpoons or his head w/fishing spears?  If you lay a hand on him, you will remember the struggle and never do it again!  And hope of subduing him is false; the mere sight of him is overpowering.  No one is fierce enough to rouse him."

Leviathan is also mentioned in Isaiah 27:1:

"In that day the Lord will punish w/his sword, his fierce, great and powerful sword, Leviathan the gliding serpent, Leviathan the coililng serpent; he will slay the monster of the sea."

Leviathan also in Psalm 74:14 and Psalm 104:26.

2) Some people believe that dinosaurs and men existed at the same time and the fossils in the diff strata are somehow that way because of the flood.  If there was a 65 million year break, my answer would be I don'tknow.
R

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 06:55:20 AM »
2) God's wife was pissed that he kept leaving unfinished projects at home while he was playing with his new toy

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 03:36:07 PM »
thanx stells...does sound like a dinasour...

haider?? are theymentioned in the koran?

any jewish responces??..since thats the oldest book.../?
carpe` vaginum!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 06:39:30 PM »
thanx stells...does sound like a dinasour...

haider?? are theymentioned in the koran?

any jewish responces??..since thats the oldest book.../?

don't know about the koran obviously, but all the books of the bible I referred to were Old Testament.
R

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 08:27:15 PM »
not even a giggle

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 06:14:58 AM »
not even a giggle

maybe just a lightening bolt :-X
R

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 06:33:09 AM »
i thought it was a little funny.  God's wifey getting mad and telling him to finish the half done projects.  You guys have no sense of humor up here, lol.  Besides it seems when i post on a thread up here it dies.   :(

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2006, 06:40:59 AM »
heard today that they found a monkey persons skeleton...a lil kid from about that long ago

anyone else hear that?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2006, 06:47:19 AM »
heard today that they found a monkey persons skeleton...a lil kid from about that long ago

anyone else hear that?

I think I just saw some headlines re: that on AOL BB.  Do you have the article?
R

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2006, 07:11:31 AM »
no, it was on the radio news...looking now

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2006, 07:15:58 AM »
Skeleton sheds light on ape-man species

NEW YORK (AP) -- Scientists have discovered a remarkably complete skeleton of a 3-year-old female from the ape-man species represented by "Lucy."

The discovery should fuel a contentious debate about whether this species, which walked upright, also climbed and moved through trees easily like an ape.

The remains are 3.3 million years old, making them the oldest known skeleton of such a youthful human ancestor.

"It's pretty unbelievable" to find such a complete fossil from that long ago, said scientist Fred Spoor. "It's a once-in-a-lifetime find."

Spoor, professor of evolutionary anatomy at University College London, describes the fossil in Thursday's issue of the journal Nature with Zeresenay Alemseged of the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany, and other scientists.

The skeleton was discovered in 2000 in northeastern Ethiopia. Scientists have spent five painstaking years removing the bones from sandstone, and the job will take years more to complete.

Judging by how well it was preserved, the skeleton may have come from a body that was quickly buried by sediment in a flood, the researchers said.

The creature was a member of Australopithecus afarensis, which lived in Africa between about 4 million and 3 million years ago. The most famous afarensis is Lucy, discovered in Ethiopia in 1974, which lived about 100,000 years after the newfound specimen.

Most scientists believe afarensis stood upright and walked on two feet, but they argue about whether it had ape-like agility in trees.

That climbing ability would require anatomical equipment like long arms, and afarensis had arms that dangled down to just above the knees. The question is whether such features indicate climbing ability or just evolutionary baggage.

Spoor said so far, analysis of the new fossil hasn't settled the argument but does seem to indicate some climbing ability.

While the lower body is very human-like, he said, the upper body is ape-like:

# The shoulder blades resemble those of a gorilla rather than a modern human.

# The neck seems short and thick like a great ape's, rather than the more slender version humans have to keep the head stable while running.

# The organ of balance in the inner ear is more ape-like than human.

# The fingers are very curved, which could indicate climbing ability, "but I'm cautious about that," Spoor said. Curved fingers have been noted for afarensis before, but their significance is in dispute.

A big question is what the foot bones will show when their sandstone casing is removed, he said. Will there be a grasping big toe like the opposable thumb of a human hand? Such a chimp-like feature would argue for climbing ability, he said.

Yet, to resolve the debate, scientists may have to find a way to inspect vanishingly small details of such old bones, to get clues to how those bones were used in life, he said.

Bernard Wood of George Washington University, who didn't participate in the discovery, said in an interview that the fossil provides strong evidence of climbing ability. But he also agreed that it won't settle the debate among scientists, which he said "makes the Middle East look like a picnic."

Overall, he wrote in a Nature commentary, the discovery provides "a veritable mine of information about a crucial stage in human evolutionary history."

The fossil revealed just the second hyoid bone to be recovered from any human ancestor. This tiny bone, which attaches to the tongue muscles, is very chimp-like in the new specimen, Spoor said.

While that doesn't directly reveal anything about language, it does suggest that whatever sounds the creature made "would appeal more to a chimpanzee mother than a human mother," Spoor said.

The fossil find includes the complete skull, including an impression of the brain and the lower jaw, all the vertebrae from the neck to just below the torso, all the ribs, both shoulder blades and both collarbones, the right elbow and part of a hand, both knees and much of both shin and thigh bones.

One foot is almost complete, providing the first time scientists have found an afarensis foot with the bones still positioned as they were in life, Spoor said.

The work was funded by the National Geographic Society, the Institute of Human Origins at Arizona State University, the Leakey Foundation and the Planck institute.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2006, 07:17:10 AM »
I believe there are absolutely no references to dinosaurs in the Torah or the Old Testament.  I have read both but I could be wrong.

My question is why would they have to be included?  I don't accept everything in those books as proof but I believe in G-d and my religion nonetheless.  A book and stories don't necassarily equal spirituality.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2006, 07:21:54 AM »
thanks migs  :)

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2006, 07:37:21 AM »
just trying to contribute!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2006, 04:49:29 PM »
I believe there are absolutely no references to dinosaurs in the Torah or the Old Testament.  I have read both but I could be wrong.

My question is why would they have to be included?  I don't accept everything in those books as proof but I believe in G-d and my religion nonetheless.  A book and stories don't necassarily equal spirituality.

so god basically never mentioned a species that were the domiant creatures LONGER than what humans have been dominant creatres for.. :-\
carpe` vaginum!

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2006, 06:34:45 PM »
so god basically never mentioned a species that were the domiant creatures LONGER than what humans have been dominant creatres for.. :-\

According to religious clerics dinosaurs would only be beasts in the eyes of G-d.. creatures not created in G-ds image and therefore not necassarily worthy of mention in the bible which mainly pertains to the world as it affects human beings. 

And if humans and dinosaurs HAD existed together we would still be the dominant species due to our intellect.  Look at how we have become the dominant species over the natural world.  So saying they were dominant for any period of time means nothing when compared to the nature of human existance.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2006, 07:22:07 PM »
fair enuff...

carpe` vaginum!

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2006, 07:30:12 PM »
are you a pantheist

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2006, 07:53:49 PM »

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2006, 10:09:58 PM »
A whatiest?

relax....smokes is more of a freudian slip than a handle.. ;)
 ;D
carpe` vaginum!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2006, 01:24:32 PM »

Here is an interesting explanation by a Christian, Science teacher who was once an atheist:

"There are several possible ways to explain the dinosaurs and how they fit into Genesis. The Bible says that God does not do anything in vain (Isaiah 45:18), and that is true of the dinosaurs. There is considerable evidence that the dinosaurs were major influences in the preparation of the earth gymnosperms--spore earth man. The dinosaurs ate gymnosperms--sporebearing plants like ferns, conifers, etc. You and I eat angiosperms--plants with fruit and seeds, not gymnosperms. The whole dinosaur ecosystem led to the successful preparing of the earth for man to be able to live and eat. If the dinosaurs were created for this purpose, then they must have been brought into existence by God in verses 1-3 of Genesis 1. The word translated earth in Genesis 1:1 does not refer to a blob of gook in the rest of the Bible it refers to a functioning, life-bearing planet. The word was in Genesis 1:2 is translated became in Genesis 19:26. Whether this has reference to the asteroid collision mentioned earlier is problematical, but the eradication of the dinosaurs by some process cleared the way for man and his world. The prehistory of the earth is in Genesis 1:1-3, while man and his world are created in what may have been a literal week, and man and his animals occupy the rest of the chapter."

"God created basic animals in a number of groups. The flesh groups are identified while insects, worms, etc., are not. Changes have occurred within these groups. An understanding of these changes allows a great deal of biological understanding. In the prehistory of the earth in Genesis 1:1-3 the earth went through an undated, untimed period in which the resources man would need were produced. They were produced by the original materials being created and then being altered by natural processes so that man could find them. As our knowledge gets better, we find more and more ways to understand these things and have even learned to copy them so we can produce them artificially. Genesis makes perfect sense when it is followed in a literal and careful way, recognizing that the sequence given was used initially and still takes place today in processes like succession. The creation week, which well may have been a normal week, describes man and the animals man domesticated and was familiar with. If we free ourselves from human traditions and creeds and look open-mindedly and fairly at the evidence, we can see that science and the Bible are friends--not enemies. Bad science and bad theology have caused an unnecessary conflict with enormous damage being done to both science and theology. If we look at these two areas as if they exist in a positive symbiotic way, we can see that the written word revealed in the Scriptures and the created message in the world around us have the same message and compliment one another in a beautiful way."

http://www.doesgodexist.org/Phamplets/GodsRevelationInHisRocksAndInHisWord/GodsRevelationInHisRocksAndInHisWord.html

bigandbrolic

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2006, 09:11:32 PM »
alot of preachers and theologists state that between gen. 1:1 and gen 1:2 there were 2 different earths.  one that contained giants and dinosaurs and he destroyed that earth and started over in gen 1:2.  in  gen 1:11 "And God said, let the earth bring forth grass, the yielding seed, and fruit tree yielding fruit (after his kind...)  it is believed that these things existed before the first destruction of earth and he was making them again.

just some thoughts, hopefully it helps alittle
I am a grown ass man