Author Topic: Degree of Information?  (Read 1833 times)

Knowledge

• Getbig II
  • Don't hate me cause you ain't me
Degree of Information?
« on: September 20, 2006, 08:52:57 PM »
Well, I have been actively learning and reading a lot of things on here and love it.  I'm just curious, that out of the moderators and others who give advice, whom besides experience ( which is not a bad thing at all ) has any kind of education like Bachelors', Masters', PHDs' and what not.  This is just a general inquiry because I have a professor with a PHD that I am learning a lot from that has a seemingly endless supply of of knowledge about gear.  So basically I assume since most of you guys know a lot as well I thought there might be some kind of higher education behind you all.   

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: Degree of Information?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 09:17:49 PM »
I have a college education, but not it's not in biology or chemistry or anything like that.

Major: Political science w/an emphasis in law
Minor: English
Minor: Nutrition

So that probably doesn't help you much here...sorry.

Looking back, if I could do it over, I would have majored in Exercise Physiology, but what's done is done.

Knowledge

• Getbig II
  • Don't hate me cause you ain't me
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 09:34:50 PM »
 I will graduate in may with a major in Exercise Science and might stay an extra semester or 2 and pick up Health Promotion as well.

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 03:33:34 AM »
You know, I've spoken to few PhD's in biochem and endocrynology who work w/ aas in their studies. They can indeed tell lotsa genereal things as well as draw you fancy formulas for the structure of the substance, but none of them was able to advise on optimal use in sports as to max gains and min risks. On the other hand, knowledgeble bbers who have had decades of experiecnces (good and bad) can prolly share tips w/ you that no PhD will tell.

And its not really surprising. Theory is one thing, practice is another. I got a major in commerce and a masters in economics. We had very knowledgeble proffessors and instructors, who tought us fancy tricks about business and so, yet none of them ever were, nor most likely ever will be succesfull businessmen.
Heard of the phrase: those who can't do teach? I'm beginning to believe it more every day. Yes, there are exceptions, but exceptions only reinforce the rule.

Regards

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • WTF this stuff really works
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 08:48:37 AM »
I didnt go to college for steroids but i read and studied almost everything about chemicals and the break down in steroids BUT that does not make me  more educated then the people on here. there is so much more to know about roids then that is out there.I personally will rely on someones personal experiance then the knowledge I learned in a book.

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 02:43:19 PM »
Experience is your best teacher.  Its nice to know the chemistry of things but knowledge through experience is a whole other league.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 03:12:18 PM »
I've got a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology & Writing. I keep meaning to go back to school but life keeps getting in the way. If I had to do it over again I'd probably major in Sports Medicine.

Tedd

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 03:22:04 PM »
I have a Masters degree in Pharmacology....and no it does not have anything to do with farm animals and counting pills.  So I would consider myself an expert or almost one.  I have read most of what people on this forum have written and it is quite obvious that most of them have done their research or have the correct knowledge from experience.

BigPopa

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 03:58:32 PM »
I lost my football scholarship because of gear, does that count for anything.  I know, sad but true.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 04:33:53 PM »
I've got a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology & Writing. I keep meaning to go back to school but life keeps getting in the way. If I had to do it over again I'd probably major in Sports Medicine.
Degree is Psychology...so I guess you have a good handle on pin-pointing the crazies on here ;)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2006, 02:55:12 PM »
Not much help with this kind of stuff but i have a BS in Civil Engineering...

8)

Dball

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2006, 08:03:17 PM »
Not much help with this kind of stuff but i have a BS in Civil Engineering...

8)

no kidding?  im impressed.  i have a ba in marketing with a business minor.

i run restaurants for a living,,  :D

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2006, 08:16:03 PM »
believe it or not...but i went to school for philosophy and religion! ::) ::)

i was gonna teach....then i looked at the pay scale, unless you have a doctorate with tenure....forget it.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2006, 06:32:43 AM »
no kidding?  im impressed.  i have a ba in marketing with a business minor.

i run restaurants for a living,,  :D

I've always been good at math and science!...lol

i design subdivisions and waste water treatment plants...

8)