Author Topic: Virginia's George Allen--outed!  (Read 5411 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Virginia's George Allen--outed!
« on: September 21, 2006, 08:51:32 AM »
In the midst of his Virginia senatorial reelection bid, ultra conservative, George Allen has been outed--as a Jew!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/20/AR2006092001965.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/19/AR2006091901141.html

This is the same guy who has wrapped himself in the Confederate Flag and kept a noose prominently displayed in his office when he was Virginia governor. 

He claims he just learned of his Jewish ancestry a couple weeks ago, but he knew for many many years that his maternal grandfather faced Nazi persecution.  Did he ever bother to wonder why?

Allen's defenders say his religious background is off limits and irrelevant.  Ordinarily, I would agree, but he is a member of the Council of Conservative Citizens (a cleaned up version of the KKK).  For those of you not familiar with the region Virginia has always been and remains a KKK haven.  Allen is pissed off that his ancestry is up for public discussion, but I suspect what he’s really mad about is the reaction he will get from his KKK buddies who thought he was pure Whitbread and their great white hope.  I wonder if they'll still vote for him now...  ::)

I hope his buddies use that noose on him.  I can hear him now, “I swear, guys, I didn’t know I was Jewish!”  :-[

The KKKlansman is outed as a Jew!  ha ha ha I love it!  ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Virginia's George Allen--outed!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 08:58:29 AM »

I hope his buddies use that noose on him.  I can hear him now, “I swear, guys, I didn’t know I was Jewish!”  :-[

The KKKlansman is outed as a Jew!  ha ha ha I love it!  ;D
OH MAN!!! LOL.... ;D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 09:04:17 AM »
Is there anything better than seeing someone (and his presidential hopes) undone by the very bigotry he cultivated? 

Delicious!  :P

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 09:11:22 AM »
Is there anything better than seeing someone (and his presidential hopes) undone by the very bigotry he cultivated? 

Delicious!  :P

Yeah, kind of like Robert "KKK" Bird??

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 10:51:14 AM »
Yeah, kind of like Robert "KKK" Bird??

Or Trent Lott?   ;D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Teammates: Allen used "N-word" in college
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 12:17:56 PM »
Three members of Sen. George Allen's college football team remember a man with racist attitudes at ease using racial slurs.
By Michael Scherer

Sep. 24, 2006 | Three former college football teammates of Sen. George Allen say that the Virginia Republican repeatedly used an inflammatory racial epithet and demonstrated racist attitudes toward blacks during the early 1970s.

"Allen said he came to Virginia because he wanted to play football in a place where 'blacks knew their place,'" said Dr. Ken Shelton, a white radiologist in North Carolina who played tight end for the University of Virginia football team when Allen was quarterback. "He used the N-word on a regular basis back then."

A second white teammate, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he feared retribution from the Allen campaign, separately claimed that Allen used the word "Black" to describe blacks. "It was so common with George when he was among his white friends. This is the terminology he used," the teammate said.

A third white teammate contacted separately, who also spoke on condition of anonymity out of fear of being attacked by the Virginia senator, said he too remembers Allen using the word "Black," though he said he could not recall a specific conversation in which Allen used the term. "My impression of him was that he was a racist," the third teammate said.

Shelton also told Salon that the future senator gave him the nickname "Wizard," because he shared a last name with Robert Shelton, who served in the 1960s as the imperial wizard of the United Klans of America, a group affiliated with the Ku Klux Klan. The radiologist said he decided earlier this year that he would go public with his concerns about Allen if a reporter ever called. About four months ago, when he heard that Allen was a possible candidate for president in 2008, Shelton began to write down some of the negative memories of his former teammate. He provided Salon excerpts of those notes last week.

http://salon.com/news/feature/2006/09/24/allen_football/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 12:22:37 PM »
Keep the politics out of it.

This man does not show the character to be in public office. 

He belittles people and lies.

End topic.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2006, 12:40:23 PM »
So he calls black people black, by the one guys description?  Wow, what a shocker.  ::)

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2006, 03:09:46 PM »
man for a while this guys star was shining brightly.  unravels quickly
Valhalla awaits.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2006, 05:44:43 PM »
Allen now says he has NEVER used the N-word. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/25/AR2006092500558.html

Lets see, the cowboy boot wearing, tobacco chewing, Confederate flag loving, right wing conservative who opposed the MLK holiday, and kept a noose prominently displayed in his office while governor of the state that was the capital of the Confederacy claims he has never used the N-word. 

Maybe we should ask Condi if she believes him.

I can see it now, an Allen/Condi ticket in 2008.   ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 05:47:29 PM »
Allen now says he has NEVER used the N-word. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/25/AR2006092500558.html

Lets see, the cowboy boot wearing, tobacco chewing, Confederate flag loving, right wing conservative who opposed the MLK holiday, and kept a noose prominently displayed in his office while governor of the state that was the capital of the Confederacy claims he has never used the N-word.  Maybe we should ask Condi if she believes him.  ::)

I'd happily chip in for a polygraph for allen to prove his claims.

Allen should not have answered that question.  He is a liar.  I thought he used to be a frontrunner for the White House in 08.  Not anymore.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2006, 06:49:50 PM »
Allen never having used the N-word is even less believable than him not knowing the meaning of Macaca when he said it a few months back.  When questioned, he said he'd never heard the word before and that he just made it up--on the spot!  Yeah, right!

When is the last time you called someone a name you've never heard of before (that just happens to also be a racial slur in a language that your mother--and you--speak?

This guy is such a liar, I'm surprised he's not already in the Bush administration. :(

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2006, 07:24:30 PM »
Who does he think he is, Mark Furhman? 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 06:50:22 AM »

Lets see, the cowboy boot wearing, tobacco chewing, Confederate flag loving, right wing conservative who opposed the MLK holiday, and kept a noose prominently displayed in his office while governor of the state that was the capital of the Confederacy claims he has never used the N-word. 

I just found someone I can support for President.  Thanks.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2006, 01:18:09 PM »
it just gets worse for George Allen

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 08:38:09 PM »
WTF???

Shelton said the incident with the deer head occurred during their college days when he, Allen and another teammate who has since died were hunting on a farm the third man's family owned near Bumpass, Va., 40 miles east of the university.

Shelton said Allen asked the other teammate where black families lived in the area, then stuffed a deer's head into the mailbox of one of the homes.

"George insisted on taking the severed head, and I was a little shocked by that," Shelton said.

"This was just after the movie `The Godfather' came out with the severed horse's head in the bed," Shelton told the AP.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060925/ap_on_el_se/virginia_senate

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2006, 09:17:20 PM »
hahahahaha . . . dude thought he was going to be president. now all he's going to be is the butt of late night tv jokesters.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2006, 09:18:32 PM »
Insane.

Putting a deers head in the mailbox of a black family.

If I was a voter, I would demand the guy take a televised polygraph before he gets to run for local commissioner, much less president.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2006, 09:47:03 PM »
LOL today, it's "I do not remember ever using that word".

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2006, 10:26:44 PM »
hahahahaha . . . dude thought he was going to be president. now all he's going to be is the butt of late night tv jokesters.

Another Gary Hart.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2006, 09:31:48 AM »
I don't guess I'll be running for political office in the future.  ;D

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2006, 10:37:53 PM »
RUSH: When George Allen made his famous "macaca" comment, on what page did the Washington Post run that story? It was the front page, right? and like for six days in a row or something like that. I mean, it was front page, big-time. In this latest brouhaha, supposedly uttered racial epithets out there, such distinguished eyewitnesses -- sorry, such distinguished "hearsay witnesses" as Larry Sabato, went on television and said, "Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah. He did that all the time." Allen has denied it. (Allen's Democrat opponent) James Webb has admitted it! That story hasn't been written. So I'm reading the Washington Post today. I go through the A section, and I didn't find the story I was looking for. I was told there was a big story about this involving Webb.

So I said, "Well, it's obviously here, the Webb and Allen campaign, that's important to the Washington Post. I'll look at the front page," and I didn't see it on the front page. I said, "Well, maybe I'm missing it." So I looked again for it. I didn't see it on the front page. I didn't see it anywhere in the A section. So the front page of the B section, however, I did find the story: "Webb Denies Ever Using Word as Epithet -- Democratic Senate candidate James Webb on Wednesday sought to explain remarks he had made a day earlier, in which he refused to say whether he had used the 'N-word,' but he insisted he has never used it as a racial epithet aimed at anyone.

"'I don't think that there's anyone who grew up around the South that hasn't had the word pass through their lips at one time in their life,' he told the Richmond Times-Dispatch on Tuesday. 'If you read "Fields of Fire," that word and a lot of other words are in the book.' 'Fields of Fire' is a novel Webb wrote about the Vietnam War. Spokeswoman Kristian Denny Todd said Webb, an author and former Marine, 'did not want to make any blanket statements that he has never, ever uttered the word. Jim has not used the word directed at another person. He's never used it himself as a racial slur.'" Well, that may not be the case. "Webb's comments to the Times-Dispatch prompted Allen campaign officials to direct a reporter to Dan Cragg, a former acquaintance of Webb's, who said Webb used the word while describing his own behavior during his freshman year at the University of Southern California in the early 1960s. Webb later transferred to the U.S. Naval Academy.

"Cragg, 67, who lives in Fairfax County, said on Wednesday that Webb described taking drives through the black neighborhood of Watts, where he and members of his ROTC unit used racial epithets and pointed fake guns at blacks to scare them. 'They would hop into their cars, and would go down to Watts with these buddies of his,' Cragg said Webb told him. 'They would take the rifles down there. They would call them [epithets], point the rifles at them, pull the triggers and then drive off laughing. One night, some guys caught them and beat . . . them. And that was the end of that.' Cragg said Webb told him the Watts story during a 1983 interview for a Vietnam veterans magazine. Cragg, who described himself as a Republican who would vote for Allen, did not include the story in his article. He provided a transcript of the interview, but the transcript does not contain the ROTC story. He said he still remembers the exchange vividly more than 20 years later.

"...Cragg, a former Army sergeant major, described himself as a longtime friend of Webb's who worked for him when he was assistant secretary of defense under President Ronald Reagan. Cragg said he approached the Allen campaign through a friend after hearing Webb's answer to the Times-Dispatch reporter's question about using the N-word. 'The fact is he has. He used it in my presence,' Cragg said." Now, this has far more weight to it than anything Larry Sabato is out there saying.

Cragg: "I don't think he's a racist any more than George Allen is. But he's not frank in admitting that he grew up in a culture where that was common and he used it." Now, as I say, the Post did run the story, but it's on page B-1! It's not only not on page A-1, it's not in the A section whatsoever! (interruption) Yes, Mr. Snerdley. A question from the program observer here, folks. Right. Pointing... I know that. I was just going to say that, pointing fake guns at people, rifles, going into their neighborhood, riding around terrorizing them, is far worse than using the N-word or macaca.

And who was it called Chris Wallace a monkey the other day? You know, that can get you in trouble, too. Somebody called Chris Wallace a monkey. Some Clinton person called Chris Wallace a monkey. Some TV commentator. I don't remember who it was. The point is, here's something that's not even stated. Maybe it has been earlier. But, you know, it reminded me of this. Webb was the secretary of the Navy for Reagan. Now, look what the Democrats have to do to try to win this Senate seat. They have to go out and get a guy who is ostensibly a conservative and is all of a sudden calling himself a Democrat now in order to beat George Allen. It's one of these little-mentioned factoids of this campaign.

They haven't gone out and found a real ribald, good old-fashioned anti-war lib to run against George Allen, which is what their kook base would like. But, at any rate, this is just ridiculous. We'll see what kind of life this gets. We'll see if anybody is interested in doing this story. The fact that it's on B-1 of the Washington Post, I will predict to you, that means that none of the other broadcast media will care about it. Because by putting it on page B-1, you automatically cancel it out, say, "Ah, it's, you know, sort of a fringe story." Besides all that, folks, the damage, they think, has been done. They're not interested in finding out who's used the N-word. They're not interested. The Drive-By Media and the Washington Post are not interested in that. The Democrats are not interested in that. All they're interested in doing is damaging, smearing, and they think they've done it. As I said yesterday, they've gone way overboard and way over the top on this -- and this story, we'll make sure this story gets out. It is not on page B-1 here at the EIB Network.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2006, 11:19:31 PM »
George Allen should volunteer to take a polygraph in which he'll have to asks if he ever recalls using that word.  Also ask him if he ever did that deers head trick.   

If he passes.... It would push him into office and immediately end the story.  He'd look like a hero running against a guy who admits he has used it.

If he fails... he doesn't belong in public office.  Deers head in mailbox says that he's done some seriously evil hatecrime shit.  If he does remember using that word, it means he looked into our eyes last week and lied to the nation about it - in which case, he's a guy who will lie about anything, and doesn't belong in office.

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2006, 07:46:54 AM »
Maybe he used the word "n-i-g-g-a". Remember, those are completely different words.  ;D

(long version:
&mode=related&search= )
$

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2006, 09:18:25 AM »
George Allen should volunteer to take a polygraph in which he'll have to asks if he ever recalls using that word.  Also ask him if he ever did that deers head trick.   

If he passes.... It would push him into office and immediately end the story.  He'd look like a hero running against a guy who admits he has used it.

If he fails... he doesn't belong in public office.  Deers head in mailbox says that he's done some seriously evil hatecrime shit.  If he does remember using that word, it means he looked into our eyes last week and lied to the nation about it - in which case, he's a guy who will lie about anything, and doesn't belong in office.

It's a typical smear tactic by the Dems...that's the only way they can gain gain any ground is by smearing the opponent because they sure as hell can't win on issues!