Author Topic: avoiding stretch marks  (Read 3255 times)

shmay

• Getbig II
avoiding stretch marks
« on: September 21, 2006, 09:36:51 AM »
i have heard that rubbing the gel from vitamin e pills on the areas of your skin that are stretch along with cocoa butter cream..will help prevent stretch mark from appearing during times of muscle growth...can anyone verify this?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: avoiding stretch marks
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 10:44:01 AM »
I can verify that it doesn't work.
I've got some on my arms around the pec/delt tie in and a little on my bi's and lats. there not too noticeable, at least not like they used to be...after a while they seem to fade out a little.

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 11:24:05 AM »
Ya i guess i grew a lot in highschool, so i have these maaaasive stretch marks goin up my back. It honestly looked like i'd been beaten n shit. I tried all that shit to stop them n nothin worked for me. Time is really all that helps, they'll fade qutie a bit. Also, while taking bulking to heart, dont fuckin go all out and gain a huuuuge ass amount of fat, cuz honestly, its just fat, and it'll give you the biggest nastiest stretch marks imaginable.

the end

shmay

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 01:50:57 PM »
thanks for the help...its appreciated

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 02:07:59 PM »
thanks for the help...its appreciated
If it's really bad or if it really bothers you, check out some of these skin care clinics or spas...they might be able to help you, but be prepared to lay down a lott of $$$

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 02:37:19 PM »
If it's really bad or if it really bothers you, check out some of these skin care clinics or spas...they might be able to help you, but be prepared to lay down a lott of $$$

You will pay alot of money, for not much results to be honest. I own a spa, have for decade and to be honest most of what we do is 'fluff and buff' not really effective per se. Don't get me wrong - it will help - at a cost of thousands to you. You can do just as much good as home yourself - to be frank. Really for stretch marks, you are a million times better off trying *not* to get them in the first place.

Prevention is key. You must also accept the fact that you can only do what you can in some cases they are bound to occur. Mind you, you can always reduce how badly they will occur by taking preventitive measures.

To prevent, apart from the obvious of no drastic changes in size in rapid periods:

Keep hydrated internally.
Keep intake of good fats high.
Keep a nutritionally balanced diet with all essential vitamins needed for collagen synthesis.
I know this sound gay but - keep the skin well moisturised externally. Apply lotion or an oil [not anything with mineral oil] within a few minutes of getting out of the shower to seal in moisture. Get a quality brand, not some cheap crap from Walmart. Good ingredients include shea/cocoa butter, carrot/lavender/jojoba/rode oils. Make sure the first ingredient listed in *not* water as that means it is some cheap crap. Use a loofa in the shower to keep the blood flowing to the area. Massage upwards towards the heart. Also, a glycolic product can be very useful.

I do have other pointers but I do not want to kill you all with my girly spa talk :-*

Tedd

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 03:16:50 PM »
Wow I can't believe that some of you are so concerned with stretch marks.  After you've worked so hard to get them.  Don't look at them as a nasty flaw in your skin...WEAR THEM WITH PRIDE.  Besides they will fade and shrink in size.  There is not much you can do besides stop growing. 

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 04:37:41 PM »
You can do just as much good as home yourself - to be frank. Really for stretch marks, you are a million times better off trying *not* to get them in the first place.

True...but you have to decide, would you rather have tons of muscle or not. Personally, if it equates to more muscle, then bring on the stretch marks 8)

AVBG

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 04:43:32 PM »
Wow I can't believe that some of you are so concerned with stretch marks.  After you've worked so hard to get them.  Don't look at them as a nasty flaw in your skin...WEAR THEM WITH PRIDE.  Besides they will fade and shrink in size.  There is not much you can do besides stop growing. 

I agree  :)

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • WTF this stuff really works
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 05:39:01 PM »
who gives a shit? lets see fat ass :-\ or stretch marks? real hard choice.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2006, 05:22:06 PM »
True...but you have to decide, would you rather have tons of muscle or not. Personally, if it equates to more muscle, then bring on the stretch marks 8)

I agree it is personal preference, but I will say from a female's point of view tons of stretch marks are pretty gross.

The same way if you guys saw a pretty girl who was covered in stretch marks it would not exactly be ideal.

Not trying to be rude btw, just girling up you guys board a little ;)

bigguns175

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2006, 10:58:46 PM »
Also, while taking bulking to heart, dont fuckin go all out and gain a huuuuge ass amount of fat, cuz honestly, its just fat, and it'll give you the biggest nastiest stretch marks imaginable.

I have to agree with that.  Go EZ on the bulking, strech marks may be a cool gym battle scar and the guys at the gym will appreciate them but everyone else will think they're nasty.

Question : Do any of you guys rememember when you got your strech marks?

All I know I was covered after my first cycle but I don't really remember them being made one day they were just all there lol

ignorance

• Getbig III
  • https://www.facebook.com/ResearchBodybuilding
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2006, 11:03:47 PM »
going tanning gets rid of them fast. if your white skinned, then the red makrs will be coloured in as you tan. I have the same problem as Anrold. shoulder to chest in-ties. tanning makes them go away. Well from the naked eye they do.