Author Topic: Chavez; Advertisement for the Dems  (Read 1086 times)

Mr. Intenseone

Chavez; Advertisement for the Dems
« on: September 21, 2006, 11:10:27 AM »
RUSH: I want to go back, ladies and gentlemen, and play the Hugo Chavez sound bites from his speech today at the United Nations. We've got one more to add to it, and we've got a story from CBS/AP about his speech, and they are talking about how "popular" he is becoming and how this speech really played well at the United Nations for a host of reasons. Here are three excerpts of Hugo Chavez this morning, just after 11 o'clock, at the United Nations. First one up here.

TRANSLATOR: I think that the first people who should read this book are our brothers and sisters in the United States because their threat is in their own house. The devil is right at home. The devil, the devil himself is right in the house -- and the devil came here yesterday. Yesterday, the devil came...here. Right here. (Laughter.) Right here! And it smells of sulfur still today. This table that I am now standing in front of, yesterday, ladies and gentlemen, from this rostrum, the president of the United States -- the gentleman to whom I refer as "the devil" -- came here, talking as if he owned the world! Truly, as the owner of the world!.

RUSH: Listen to the translator even sounds excited. Here's a second bite.

TRANSLATOR: I think we could call a psychiatrist to analyze yesterday's statement made by the president of the United States. As the spokesman of imperialism, he came to share his nostrums, to try to preserve the current pattern of domination, exploitation and pillage of the peoples of the world. An Alfred Hitchcock movie could use it as a scenario. I will even propose a title: "The Devil's Recipe."

RUSH: All right. I'm just telling you that the Democrats are sit around behind closed doors rubbing their hands with glee. They're not going to condemn this. They're going to say, "See? See? Bush has ruined our reputation in the world. Bush has caused this. Bush has gone out and he's destroyed our reputation, our image." They will not admit that they're the ones responsible for this. They set the table. They wrote the directions. They put the road map together. They are saying essentially the same thing Chavez is saying. The words are different, but the enemy is Bush. You can't tell the difference listening to Hugo Chavez or Mahmoud Ahmadinejad or the Democrats is to who the enemy of the world is. To all three of them it is George W. Bush. Here is the last bite we have with the one good idea that Chavez had.

TRANSLATOR: We see this new era for our children and grandchildren, a world of peace based on the fundamental principles of the United Nations. But the renewed, a renewed United Nations, and maybe we have to change location. Maybe we have to put the United Nations somewhere else, maybe a city of the south. We've proposed Venezuela. You know that my personal doctor had to stay in the plane. The chief of security had to be left in a locked plane. Neither of these gentlemen was allowed to arrive and attend the UN meeting. This is another abuse and another abuse of power on the part of the devil. It smells of sulfur here, but God is with us, and I embrace you all. May God bless us all. (Unintelligible).

RUSH: Listen to that applause -- and it went on and on and on and on and on. Now, CBS/AP story: "Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez took his verbal battle with the United States to the Florida of the General Assembly, calling President Bush 'the devil,'" then they quote him. "The leftist leader who has joined Iran in opposing US influence accused Washington of 'domination, exploitation, and pillage of peoples of the world.'" Then this: "Venezuela's Hugo Chavez is rapidly becoming the new Fidel Castro, but with petrodollars, at the UN, said CBS foreign affairs analyst Pamela Falk, and as a candidate for a nonpermanent seat on the Security Council in October, his anti-Bush comments are making him increasingly popular with member states in his campaign for that position." He's the next Castro, and they love Castro. They idolize Castro! And you know why the left likes Castro? People trying to figure out, "What is it?" His country is literally falling apart. I've got a story from yesterday's stack. Literally, the infrastructure of Cuba is falling apart. Buildings are tumbling down. They have had nothing done to them, renovations-wise, in decades.

They love Castro, though, and it's not his health care. I'm going to tell you exactly what it is. The left loves and envies his power. His view of his own citizens is theirs: incompetent, incapable victims, dependent. They need hand holding throughout life, and if any of them rise up, they will be put down. You don't question the smartest people in the world, elite liberals. They envy his power. Now they envy Chavez because he's the same maniac with the same power, but he's got oil.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Do you remember on September 11th, the evening of September 11th, that President Bush addressed the nation for about 20 minutes. The next day the Democrats were howling, claiming that it was a political speech and they didn't get a chance to respond. Well, they did today -- actually last night and today. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Hugo Chavez constitute the Democrat response. In fact, you know, the campaign finance law of Senator McCain requires every commercial end up with a line: "This ad approved by me, paid for by X." These two speeches did not contain that, and they should have. The Ahmadinejad speech and the Chavez speech were in violation of US federal campaign laws. Obviously those speeches were commercials, lengthy ones, for the Democrat Party, but they were not so identified. I'd bring 'em up on charges before the Federal Election Commission! John Bolton has replied, ladies and gentlemen. He said, "We're not going to address that kind of comic strip approach to international affairs," during a televised press conference.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: RUSH'S; Advertisement for the Dems
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 11:19:09 AM »
I'm not taking orders from Rush ;D

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 11:37:52 AM »
I'm not taking orders from Rush ;D

Because he's right?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 12:15:30 PM »
Because he's right?
Because he's Rush which usually means he's wrong ;D

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: Chavez; Advertisement for the Dems
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 12:53:34 PM »
To be honest, I doubt that neither the Republicans nor the Democrats love Castro.

Not for his health care or anything.

Castro is a Communist, and an antidemocrat. There is not one person in the Congress or Senate that doesn't hope for Democracy in Cuba.

But why is he associating the Democrats with Ahmedinejad and Chavez? That doesn't makes sense.

Claiming that the speeches were ads?

Did Limbaugh really think that Bush were ridiculed that bad? :-\

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Chavez; Advertisement for the Dems
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 12:59:28 PM »
 ;)