Author Topic: Let's Play - IFBB Conflict on Interest on Lee  (Read 23167 times)

bbinsider

• Getbig II
Re: Ok lets play :)
« Reply #125 on: September 21, 2006, 09:36:02 PM »
exactly, and why he has the audacity to ask for donations, is he destitute?

So true.
The BBinsider

bbinsider

• Getbig II
« Reply #126 on: September 21, 2006, 09:39:26 PM »
Chic how do explain numerous supp companies have contacted Wayne to be a sponsor.  Only to get notified by the IFBB that if they did they would not be able to work with the IFBB anymore.  There is money from sponsors for both organizations, just the IFBB doesn't want to share.  You work for a bunch of assholes Chic and you know it.

I bet even the company Chick is employed by wanted to be a part of this show but were afraid about creating anomisity. Chick can you discredit this allegation?
The BBinsider

EVL R33

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #127 on: September 21, 2006, 09:55:04 PM »
**Taken from Athlete's meeting thread**

2006 proposals                                               
8/23/06

Bob Cicherillo
IFBB Athletes representative

ITEM 1

AMENDMENT OF SECT 1.7

Amendment of section 1.7   of the IFBB Pro League rules. Athletes WILL be allowed to make appearances on behalf of companies they represent and/ or as individuals to: (including but not limited to) non –sanctioned events, expo’s, guest posing, appearances, seminars, openings, etc. As IFBB athletes are listed as “independent contractors” by our own IFBB by laws and therefore cannot be limited in their ability to make a living from being a professional.

Athlete would be required to be a IFBB athlete in good standing, and any and all promotional items, advertisements, etc linked to said event(s) would require that athlete be billed and represented as an IFBB athlete.

ITEM 2

IFBB TO MAKE ATHLETES EMPLOYEES

Upon denial of ITEM 1, IFBB to make athletes direct members of the IFBB (as opposed to the “Pro division”). Pro athletes would be paid a monthly salary from IFBB and subsequently, would be required by state law to fill out a 10-99-tax form for their individual tax purposes. 10-99 would be required from IFBB (employer) to IFBB pro athletes (employees).

Looks like it only took one guy with big enough nuts to stand up for what's right to get the ball rolling. 

BTW,  I'm no lawyer but this bit here seems to state that no athlete can be suspended for competing in any other federation based on  the IFBB's own by laws that exist right now: "As IFBB athletes are listed as “independent contractors” by our own IFBB by laws and therefore cannot be limited in their ability to make a living from being a professional"

Lee, stick it to the man!!!!   I met you in Perth Western Australia when you were over here doing your seminars earlier this year,  was a pleasure to meet you, and was by far the most entertaining seminar I have been to.

I got money on Chick as athlete's rep trying to take the credit for these changes if they are passed,  but we all know who is really the MAN!!!!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #128 on: September 21, 2006, 10:00:08 PM »
Let me get this straight. I have been arguing with an athletes rep who was not nominated or elected by the athletes? No wonder he isn't a union man.

Robbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #129 on: September 21, 2006, 10:41:03 PM »
To the male figure in the IFBB Logo.....

Synthol.

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #130 on: September 22, 2006, 12:15:58 AM »
Poor Chick.  Don't shoot the messenger!!
It hasn't helped...

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #131 on: September 22, 2006, 12:29:53 AM »
[color=guy boy, and general good guy of the IFBB. It works because he can communicate with thickheads and get them to cooperate. They got the right guy for the job. Now let us forget this non-issue and concentrate on the Mountaineer and help our Getbigger Goodrum win his first trophy![/color]

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #132 on: September 22, 2006, 01:30:55 AM »
Lee just dont get to disheartened when the donations add up, its a worthy cause but really theres too much to fix about bodybuilding, this place and these people aint going to help, do the pdi shows and even the nabba pro universe you can still prob earn 100k a year through these shows and attend every expo and sell your photos and shit, this situation is going to leave you disheartened  mate, i totally respect where your coming from but if your going to need to fund your fight through here mate forget it, the shortcomings of most of the geeks on here are going to leve you dishertened with the sport, people will talk the talk with you but donate, americans, the word aint even in their version of the english dictionary.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #133 on: September 22, 2006, 02:21:50 AM »
We've been through this many times Vince  but the fact of the matter is that as long as a person who derives income from the IFBB himself is athlete representative it will always be a joke of a position.

But its not Bob's fault.  Its the collective lack of interest in doing anything about their situation that is the problem.  Nobody else stepped up and he took it.  He does an ok job but he does have a conflict of interest.

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #134 on: September 22, 2006, 02:26:07 AM »
We've been through this many times Vince  but the fact of the matter is that as long as a person who derives income from the IFBB himself is athlete representative it will always be a joke of a position.

But its not Bob's fault.  Its the collective lack of interest in doing anything about their situation that is the problem.  Nobody else stepped up and he took it.  He does an ok job but he does have a conflict of interest.

Because they give Bob "presents" for supporting the IFBB current judging....LoL...Don't look into it to much....
Watching The Haters

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #135 on: September 22, 2006, 02:36:31 AM »
Is there some 'true believer' test they use to recruit candidates and officials? Seems to me the IFBB is a bad idea from the top down. Ben has never competed and is a businessman. Well, I don't recall his competing. Joe hasn't competed since the 1940s. What we have is a family business run by and for family. They dressed it up to sell it to the olympic movement but even those people didn't buy it. The only people buying it are bodybuilders who want those silly titles. You have to admit it is bizarre. All that trouble for titles and trophies and a bit of cash. It has long been an insiders club and they do business like we imagine underworld outfits do. Agree and obey are the two requirements. Original thinking is forbidden. Is it any wonder that the calibre of officials is what we find?

You have to admire Lee because he sees the deal for what it is. So does everyone else but they play ball because that is what you have to do to win or place. Ben and Joe have them trained like Pavlov's dogs.

sandstone

• Getbig II
« Reply #136 on: September 22, 2006, 02:41:23 AM »
fukem lee, take that money, and go buy a new GT500. On some boards i frequent, they are finding a tune on the dyno, and intake is getting them to 500 RWHP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8)

Youve done more than enough in bodybuilding..i say take a break, rest your body and enjoy life.  Take the LEvronie road..the wise road..

That would be a waste. His Stang is well over 650hp right now. :)

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: September 22, 2006, 03:54:43 AM »
I wonder how much money Lee will get? I wonder if we'll ever see a court case?

thisiskeith12

« Reply #138 on: September 22, 2006, 05:57:35 AM »
So when is Bob going to present in person those amendment requests? The first one on the list would benefit Lee's case.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #139 on: September 22, 2006, 06:03:42 AM »
I have said someone else did the website thing i never asked for money.If someone wants to help that is all good.But i never asked for it to be done.Maybe others just believe enough is enough as well.If people donate that is fine if noone does that is fine as well.It will still all happen.

BIG SEAN

• Getbig I
  • SEPERATE THE MEN FROM THE BOYZ..SIZE MATTERS...
« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2006, 06:25:52 AM »
Lee keep your head up my man...I'm sure you new deep down inside the consequences and that the IFFBB would Suspend you...The most Important thing you can get out of all this is that your DOING WHAT LEE WANTS TO DO....Thats the way it should be....Dont let nobody control your DESTINY...YOUR SUPERMAN....LOL....Give me a PM by next Thursday so i can give you my cell number and we can get together Friday after the Expo and go FEAST.....I guess we Definetely need to GET THEM PDI SHIRTS MADE UP NOW HUH?STAY STRONG and do whatever it is that makes LEE HAPPY..Good luck with the legal battle....
BIG SEAN
"BIG SEAN"

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2006, 06:26:31 AM »
So you really are going to sue the IFBB?  What exact charges will you be going for?  Unfair dismissal?  Good luck with it!!!
It hasn't helped...

FOR REAL

• Getbig III
« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2006, 06:42:44 AM »
I would like to donate 18 gallons of Insecticide, and 40,000 tampons with no applicators to Lee Priest's cause.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2006, 11:42:18 AM »
I would like to donate 18 gallons of Insecticide, and 40,000 tampons with no applicators to Lee Priest's cause.

LOL ;D

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: September 22, 2006, 11:51:16 AM »

For arguments sake...even if the rule got reversed, and everyone could compete wherever the wanted to...how many athletes do you think would go? None that wouldn't consider going now, anyway...The top guys aren't going, the second tier guys aren't going, the athletes that hate/ distrust Wayne aren't going...that leaves the guys who aren't placing/ making money in the IFBB now...who are the same guys that have nothing to lose by going now.....

Hey Bob,

what are you, Kamali, & the other 3rd tier guys going to do?

Joey Tito

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #145 on: September 22, 2006, 11:57:30 AM »
Lee, I would like to join your crusade.  In lieu of a financial donation, I would like to donate Don Long's remaining kidney.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: September 22, 2006, 12:01:15 PM »
**Taken from Athlete's meeting thread**

2006 proposals                                               
8/23/06

Bob Cicherillo
IFBB Athletes representative

ITEM 1

AMENDMENT OF SECT 1.7

Amendment of section 1.7   of the IFBB Pro League rules. Athletes WILL be allowed to make appearances on behalf of companies they represent and/ or as individuals to: (including but not limited to) non –sanctioned events, expo’s, guest posing, appearances, seminars, openings, etc. As IFBB athletes are listed as “independent contractors” by our own IFBB by laws and therefore cannot be limited in their ability to make a living from being a professional.

Athlete would be required to be a IFBB athlete in good standing, and any and all promotional items, advertisements, etc linked to said event(s) would require that athlete be billed and represented as an IFBB athlete.

ITEM 2

IFBB TO MAKE ATHLETES EMPLOYEES

Upon denial of ITEM 1, IFBB to make athletes direct members of the IFBB (as opposed to the “Pro division”). Pro athletes would be paid a monthly salary from IFBB and subsequently, would be required by state law to fill out a 10-99-tax form for their individual tax purposes. 10-99 would be required from IFBB (employer) to IFBB pro athletes (employees).

Looks like it only took one guy with big enough nuts to stand up for what's right to get the ball rolling. 

BTW,  I'm no lawyer but this bit here seems to state that no athlete can be suspended for competing in any other federation based on  the IFBB's own by laws that exist right now: "As IFBB athletes are listed as “independent contractors” by our own IFBB by laws and therefore cannot be limited in their ability to make a living from being a professional"

Lee, stick it to the man!!!!   I met you in Perth Western Australia when you were over here doing your seminars earlier this year,  was a pleasure to meet you, and was by far the most entertaining seminar I have been to.

I got money on Chick as athlete's rep trying to take the credit for these changes if they are passed,  but we all know who is really the MAN!!!!

"hypothetically"

What would happen if Lee donated his prize money....or simply didn't accept his prize money?

Joey Tito

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #147 on: September 22, 2006, 12:03:51 PM »
Bob said:What did you expect me to do in "representing " lee?

Just how am I "saving my neck"? Saving my neck from what?

As usual...STFU about issues you don't have the first clue about.

An athletes rep should represent all athletes and their issues to the IFBB. Lee wanted to participate in another event not sanctioned by the IFBB. So Bob should have done something to forward that request. What did Bob do? He came on line and warned Lee about being suspended and that is exactly what has happened. Bob has done nothing for Lee about this request and he refuses to act on his behalf.

Bob, you are saving your neck because you merely quote the IFBB rules and distance yourself from what has happened to Lee. It is not your fault and you even warned him. You, Bob, are an IFBB official so according to the constitution are part of the IFBB.  You, therefore, since you agree with those rules and this rule in particular, are responsible for what has happened to Lee.

Using STFU on a discussion board might seem cool to you but it sure makes you look uncouth and ignorant to me. Please use intelligent discourse to defeat arguments and not offensive insults. You are hardly a role model and I would not support you as a rep for anything.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #148 on: September 22, 2006, 12:10:15 PM »
about.

An athletes rep should represent all athletes and their issues to the IFBB. Lee wanted to participate in another event not sanctioned by the IFBB. So Bob should have done something to forward that request. What did Bob do? He came on line and warned Lee about being suspended and that is exactly what has happened. Bob has done nothing for Lee about this request and he refuses to act on his behalf.

That's because he's too busy acting on Manion and Weider's behalf!
Ron: "I am lazy."

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
  • Handicap stall is for dips you dicksock
« Reply #149 on: September 22, 2006, 12:15:12 PM »
Lee,

My post has nothing to do about you receiving financial "help" from others. Lee you are in a situation here to change alot of things. All you need is one attorney that "get's it". At that point i don't think he would be worrying about funds. The case in itself would "pot luck" for him. I totally understand your side and I myself do not agree with certain things within the IFBB. Remember, I have been involved with the IFBB since 1984. So I have alot more history here and have seen many person, places, and things take place. I do not understand how you would state that I have made a fortune from the IFBB. Please do not take my post as a negative towards your decision for crossing over to the PDI. I just feel that you are in a powerful position and by making this a "circus act" by asking for money via a thread would just discredit the situation. If funds need to be raised I feel they should be raised under a different senario...this is just my opinion.

damn jimmy, you are one level headed dude. You got my respect. You conduct yourself very well around here.