Author Topic: Let's Play - IFBB Conflict on Interest on Lee  (Read 23154 times)

DonDan

• Getbig II
Re: IFBB Conflict of Interest thread for Lee's lawyer deleted? Already?
« Reply #175 on: September 22, 2006, 07:17:25 PM »
So there we all were, summing up some key IFBB conflicts on interest for Lee's lawyer, when whoosh, it disappeared. How is discussing the fact that the IFBB may have several conflicts of interest in BB a reason to delete a thread?
Because Ron, Shawn, Chic, Lift, and a few others are IFBB stooges. Ron's afraid if he ruffles too many feathers he won't be able to get into the O, you know, like MD? Personally, I think they should all get a pair but that would probably be wishful thinking especially for Shawn and Ron. I guess Chic has some as I hear he supposedly has a little one on the way. As far as Lift? No clue but he does act, walk, talk, and write like a eunic. So perhaps the rumors are true.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #176 on: September 22, 2006, 07:18:46 PM »
Because Ron, Shawn, Chic, Lift, and a few others are IFBB stooges. Ron's afraid if he ruffles too many feathers he won't be able to get into the O, you know, like MD? Personally, I think they should all get a pair but that would probably be wishful thinking especially for Shawn and Ron. I guess Chic has some as I hear he supposedly has a little one on the way. As far as Lift? No clue but he does act, walk, talk, and write like a eunic. So perhaps the rumors are true.

Plus, look, if an actual law suit is filed , the last place it should be discuessed is on some bonehead message board the week before the O .
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #177 on: September 22, 2006, 07:20:42 PM »
Plus, look, if an actual law suit is filed , the last place it should be discuessed is on some bonehead message board the week before the O .

Everyone reads this board.

If you wanna send a message and get people talking, this is the place to do it.
Ron: "I am lazy."

mrsirjojo

• Getbig II
  • Si vis pacem, Para bellum.
« Reply #178 on: September 22, 2006, 07:46:23 PM »
Everyone reads this board.

If you wanna send a message and get people talking, this is the place to do it.

Monster irony. The thread's deletion reveals another conflict of interest...or at least, sheds some light on the "impartiality" around here.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #179 on: September 22, 2006, 07:50:57 PM »
what's up with the deletions?

I can assure you if there was a thread bashing PDI legalities, we'd have five guys with blue stars hamming it up.  Hell, it'd probably be pinned!

Yet this one disappears.

mrsirjojo

• Getbig II
« Reply #180 on: September 22, 2006, 07:58:41 PM »

I wish I knew. Do I dare restate, from memory, what had been posted on the thread before it was deleted, or will the Ministry of Truth make me an unperson?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: September 22, 2006, 08:24:49 PM »
I wish I knew. Do I dare restate, from memory, what had been posted on the thread before it was deleted, or will the Ministry of Truth make me an unperson?

PM it to me. 

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: September 22, 2006, 08:26:53 PM »

I can assure you if there was a thread bashing PDI legalities, we'd have five guys with blue stars hamming it up.  Hell, it'd probably be pinned!

Yet this one disappears.

Kamali is seriously one ugly fucker.

adamthetrain

• Getbig II
« Reply #183 on: September 22, 2006, 08:52:08 PM »

Kamali is seriously one ugly fucker.
I like his cute little pink jacket!!

mrsirjojo

• Getbig II
« Reply #184 on: September 22, 2006, 09:47:09 PM »

Holy Christ...no one tell the Blockhead about that Kamali pic...he's already cowering in fear from those pics of Lee flipping the bird..this might send him over the proverbial edge!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: September 22, 2006, 09:51:48 PM »
Quote from: IFBBleak
Let's see...these were the ones I remember seeing posted, plus a few I was in the process of posting when I realized the thread was gone. Some are just gripes, not conflicts of interest. Can't vouch for their veracity of all of them....

Weider, who own the IFBB,  owning the contracts of pros who compete in the Olympia, which is an IFBB event

Weiders owning Flex and Muscle & Fitness (i.e. not drug testing the shows since that would hurt their magazine sales).

IFBB Athletes Rep MCing shows

As you pointed out, guys getting the Rusty Shaft when shows like the Toronto Pro got cancelled

Manion helming both the NPC and the IFBB

No American taxes paid (as far as anyone knows)

And maybe the one that got the the killed...the Weiders owning stock in Anal lube

IFBB not paying their athletes but not allowing them to compete elsewhere either

IFBB owning all the rights to likeness from events without paying the athletes

And lastly, not necessarily a conflict of interest on the IFBB's part...but their athlete's rep scouring GetBig and getting posts deleted that dont jibe with the IFBB's plans to maintain their monopoly. Though someone claimed it was most likely Ron not wanting to lose his cozy status with The Man.

Give em hell

I had no idea...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #186 on: September 22, 2006, 10:08:01 PM »
I haven't deleated any threads reguarding this issue...you guys can post 100 threads disputing it, talking about it, stomping your feet, making accusations, drumming up conspiracies, writing emails to Ben Weider and Jim Manion....

At the end of he day, it ain't going to mean shit...I've got more important issues to focus on, like 7 proposals on the table that affect EVERY pro bb.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #187 on: September 22, 2006, 10:57:02 PM »
I haven't deleated any threads reguarding this issue...you guys can post 100 threads disputing it, talking about it, stomping your feet, making accusations, drumming up conspiracies, writing emails to Ben Weider and Jim Manion....

At the end of he day, it ain't going to mean shit...I've got more important issues to focus on, like 7 proposals on the table that affect EVERY pro bb.

bob you suck mr. buttfuck
$

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #188 on: September 22, 2006, 11:01:05 PM »

Jeez - Pay attention to your posts -

I merged it into the Lee Priest's Let's Play Thread... because there are way too many threads of the same issue over and over again... which is where this one is heading in a few...

No one has deleted posts, merging threads...

We like the free speech, but come on guys -

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Re: Ok lets play :)
« Reply #189 on: September 22, 2006, 11:06:45 PM »
Lift... 

have you ever threatened sponsors on the IFBB's behalf?  You seem like just the kind of loyal ass-kisser they would use.  If so, consider testifying on Lee's behalf.  You could be an important part of bringing down the IFBB monopoly!  If not, does it bother you that despite your endless ball-licking, they still don't trust you enough to ask you to do their dirty work? 
yeah I threaten sponsors with my gangsta talk and talk about bust'n their skulls in. WTF is wrong with you Goatballs?

Elevate Your Image.™

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: September 22, 2006, 11:07:33 PM »
Good call Swami.  ::)
Elevate Your Image.™

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: Let's Play - IFBB Conflict on Interest on Lee
« Reply #191 on: September 22, 2006, 11:16:25 PM »
yeah I threaten sponsors with my gangsta talk and talk about bust'n their skulls in.

Enjoy it while you can, my friend.  My new business model of 300beatdown.com will deliver beatings both faster and cheaper :)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #192 on: September 22, 2006, 11:35:33 PM »
Good call Swami.  ::)

After all the shit has settled Issac, are you and Kevin going to start your own photography studio.  Allot of dogd and cats need their pics taken. Cause son you guys are going to be out of work.  And until you realize that this is real, and your days are numbered as an IFBB nut hugger, you better be looking todo something else.  I really don't think anyone is going to let up on the IFBB.  And even you know they are crooked and decieving. The old IFBB ship is going down.  As you sit there contemplating your new career have you even thought about their tax problems and what that can mean.  I mean the IRS can so easily destroy them it ain't funny (okay I admit it's fucking hilarious).  You guys better bump that Colorado Pro date up a little. Actually you can still do it just sanction it with the IFBB. You save money.

sandstone

• Getbig II
« Reply #193 on: September 22, 2006, 11:40:27 PM »

I like Kamali but that comment made me think of tommy boy

"Fat guy in a little coat."

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: September 22, 2006, 11:43:28 PM »
After all the shit has settled Issac, are you and Kevin going to start your own photography studio.  Allot of dogd and cats need their pics taken. Cause son you guys are going to be out of work.  And until you realize that this is real, and your days are numbered as an IFBB nut hugger, you better be looking todo something else.  I really don't think anyone is going to let up on the IFBB.  And even you know they are crooked and decieving. The old IFBB ship is going down.  As you sit there contemplating your new career have you even thought about their tax problems and what that can mean.  I mean the IRS can so easily destroy them it ain't funny (okay I admit it's fucking hilarious).  You guys better bump that Colorado Pro date up a little. Actually you can still do it just sanction it with the IFBB. You save money.
You've been saying that it's going down forever and a day. Remove your lips from the PDI sack and come back to reality for a bit. You are more of a PDI ass licker then anyone could be towards the IFBB. I have plenty of business outside of the IFBB, not reliant upon it to survive, but I love your continued conspiracy theories.

The colorado date has been moved up June 1-2, 2007. Mark your calendar but we'll pass on having you do the T-shirts. ;)

Elevate Your Image.™

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #195 on: September 23, 2006, 12:00:38 AM »

Keith,

Thanks for showing concern over my financial future but I'm fine. Do you need any help in attending the Olympia weekend as I know you must have had financial difficulty because you didn't show up at the NOC?
I know you were so cocerned about athletes being paid in the past. Have any of the PDI athletes received any payment yet? It's almost a week now and a test for diuretics only takes 24 hours. Who was it who did the tests?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: September 23, 2006, 12:18:33 AM »
A few things I just realized -

BTW I have an awesome setup - I can post on getbig while doing 45 minutes on the stepper - monster ADD ...

- those of us who aren't BBers, but make money from living... if we have the skill set and hustle to make a living in a field as cash poor as BBing, we could live well doing anything :)   No matter who wins this federation and court battle, they're always gonna need web marketing guys (me and lift), writers (lift), photogs (lift/kev), promoters/logistical (keith).

We can always make a living. We're lucky.  We have longer competitive shelf lives.  We have flexibility.  personally, and I know it sounds lame, I worry more about BBers, as they dodge health and legal bullets and have to go to extremes, than I do about us logistical/support guys. 

And since without these guys, we have no livelihood in the sport, our responsibility should be to push this court, federation, and personal battles stuff aside and find SOLUTIONS.   There has to be a way for the federations to split the stuff.  Why not give the PDI the summer shows and let the IFBB take the other 9 months.  Or have guys do a min # of IFBB shows in order to do a PDI show.  Be creative guys.  The athletes are spending 3 hours a day in the gym and the bosses are spending 3 hours a day eating kittens (or whatever evil deeds that all bosses do).  it's probably going to come down to fans/support people of the sport to come up with the monster ideas which will solve this stuff.  War - which is impending - sure ain't a solution.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #197 on: September 23, 2006, 03:10:37 AM »
You've been saying that it's going down forever and a day. Remove your lips from the PDI sack and come back to reality for a bit. You are more of a PDI ass licker then anyone could be towards the IFBB. I have plenty of business outside of the IFBB, not reliant upon it to survive, but I love your continued conspiracy theories.

The colorado date has been moved up June 1-2, 2007. Mark your calendar but we'll pass on having you do the T-shirts. ;)

haha monster denile Issac.  Better look somewhere else to plant your lips soon.  And to tell the truth I am goingto have the most fun helping to take the IFBB down.  They suck.  Hey is that why you like them so much.  They are so much like you. haha I just realized that. Now I understand.  Are you getting nervous about your future Issac.  God who are you going to stare at when all this goes down.  Are you ready baby? 

I'd pass on doing your t-shirts before you ask me.  I don't need to try to collect the bad check charges too.  I am pretty sure no one got those.  Instead of thinking about t-shirts think about how you are going to get more people to come.  A little embarrasing the last turnout.  Now quit wasting my time talking about that show (I am stretching it, by calling it a show).

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #198 on: September 23, 2006, 04:27:06 AM »

BTW I have an awesome setup - I can post on getbig while doing 45 minutes on the stepper - monster ADD ...

hahaha...me too.

I got all tacky with myself and strapped a laptop to the console with one of my dad's belts.

Very ghetto, but it works. Cardio is less of a chore now :D

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: September 23, 2006, 09:32:15 AM »
You are still coming to the Olympia, right Kieth? Or will you arrive in the same fashion as your PDI shirts did lost with a bunch of excuses.

Rob - good points and I agree with much of what you said.
Elevate Your Image.™