Author Topic: Schwarzenegger dumps Hummers  (Read 4511 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Schwarzenegger dumps Hummers
« on: September 21, 2006, 10:30:14 PM »
Arnie dumps gas-guzzling Hummers as California sues carmarkers over pollution

The Californian governor sold 8 of the four-ton army-style trucks - which do only 10 miles to the gallon - to prove his commitment to helping the fight against global warning.

Schwarzenegger used to call the monster vehicles "incredibly precise and forceful machines". But the Terminator star has had a change of heart since swapping the silver screen for a career in politics. Green campaigner Al Gore mentioned the garage clear-out at a speech in New York. He said: "Arnie has given up his Hummers."

The hulking trucks emit three times more carbon dioxide than average cars, giving off more smog-producing pollutants and dangerous particles.

But as governor he realised owning a Hummer - used in the Gulf War in 1991 - sent out the wrong message.

During his campaign for election he promised to cut air pollution in half, reduce energy use by 20 per cent in five to eight years and remove polluting vehicles from the state's roads.

Yesterday the State of California announced it is suing six carmakers - General Motors, Toyota, Ford, Honda, Chrysler and Nissan - over their vehicles' greenhouse gas emissions.

The lawsuit, lodged on behalf of the Californian people by state attorney-general Bill Lockyer, alleges that fumes from cars made by the six firms account for 30 per cent of all carbon dioxide emissions in the state.

California is asking for "hundreds of millions of dollars" for damage which it says their exhaust gasses are doing to health, economy and environment - including melting the snow pack, raising sea levels and ozone pollution.

The Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers called it a "nuisance" suit.

Schwarzenegger was the first person to buy a Hummer in 1992 after convincing then-manufacturer AM General to make one for civilian use.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
Re: Schwarzenegger dumps Hummers
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 10:32:37 PM »
That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

He sold the hummers, that means the hummers will still be driven and STILL add polution.

Monster logic.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 10:40:57 PM »
I don't get people............they drive around in those gas guzzling oversized Earth Fucker SUV's.........

What's so special about them? Oooh, they get 11 miles per gallon, what a deal!

They're over priced.........wonderful!

They pollute the air.......yay, it's not like we this planet or anything.....

You can drive those things almost over everything, except speed bumps......or so it seems, since just about every person driving one can't seem to go over a speed bump over idle speed......cause it may damage their SUV....... ::)

Even better, I've yet to see afamily in a Hummer, it's always a single asshole in them......does it only come with one fucking car seat or something?
HAHA, RON.....

AVBG

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 10:42:53 PM »
I wonder what they will be giving away to the winner of the 2007 ASC??

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 10:43:47 PM »

LOL.

A bus pass!
HAHA, RON.....

fathead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 11:39:41 PM »

A fucken Prius Hybrid

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 11:48:04 PM »
Hummers and Escalades are for serious assholes.  Especially, if they have big rims.  Total dipshits. ::)
N

ReEvolution

• Getbig III
  • goodbye ronnie
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 12:07:46 AM »
Arnold is doing the politically correct thing.

fuckin' nonsense ;D
two thumbs WAY up!!!

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 12:12:41 AM »
Yep, it's just a publicity thing for Arnold really - the cars will still get used. He should have publicly scrapped them but then the car company would have complained. He can't win with this really. But hey, that's politics for you.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 12:48:59 AM »
people buy Hummers just to show off, i mean what's the point of driving one in a city when the car was designed for rough terrain, there's nothing worse than being a sheep and buying the hummer just because every single scummy, braindead MTV ''star'' owns one

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2006, 12:50:22 AM »
Hummers and Escalades are for serious assholes.  Especially, if they have big rims.  Total dipshits. ::)

but they do help guys get attention from girls.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2006, 01:07:07 AM »

I've seen guys in some really small cars swing some hot girls.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2006, 01:36:26 AM »
I think he sold them for metal scraps
I am a mini beast

MrUniverse

• Getbig III
  • Get bigger than the average Joe!!!
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2006, 03:06:31 AM »
He will go for the german car

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2006, 04:56:38 AM »
That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

He sold the hummers, that means the hummers will still be driven and STILL add polution.

Monster logic.

I have to agree. If he reall wanted to make a statement he would have donated them to the military who actually has a need for them or trashed them.
The House that Ruth built

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2006, 05:00:20 AM »
Secrets revealed.. How Arnold deal business with buyers
I am a mini beast

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2006, 05:20:01 AM »
I don't get people............they drive around in those gas guzzling oversized Earth Fucker SUV's.........

You can drive those things almost over everything, except speed bumps......or so it seems, since just about every person driving one can't seem to go over a speed bump over idle speed......cause it may damage their SUV....... ::)

Even better, I've yet to see afamily in a Hummer, it's always a single asshole in them......does it only come with one fucking car seat or something?

It depends where you live.  The winters in NE can be brutal.

Dorian 01

• Getbig III
  • Ronnie Rockel > Ronnie Coleman
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2006, 05:53:07 AM »
It only said "8 of his hummers" he might have more.
T

Bronx

• Getbig III
  • MuscleMag Group Photo Editor
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2006, 06:15:14 AM »

This is why you'll never own one. Funny how those of us that do, never seem to talk trash about douche bags like you driving little piece of shit cars and driving like complete assholes. Only these people feel the need to comment on others driving SUV's.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2006, 06:36:53 AM »
Hey is it alright to buy the little Hummer H3?  Or is that too much too?  Cause that one seems more reasonable than the H2 as far as economy, size and of course price.  Not that it would change my mind just wondering what the opinion was?

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2006, 11:34:07 AM »
Hey is it alright to buy the little Hummer H3?  Or is that too much too?  Cause that one seems more reasonable than the H2 as far as economy, size and of course price.  Not that it would change my mind just wondering what the opinion was?

The H3 is pretty lame.  That's kind of like being the last person with a "member's only" jacket, or ther person still walking around in "Hammer pants." 
The Hummer is the real deal.  The H2 is for people who want to look like they drive a hummer, but don't have the money, or don't realize how weak the H2 is compared to the original. 
The H3 is kind of the "condom must have broke" kid of the hummer family.  They new they could irk out a few more bucks out of lame soccer moms who don't realize it's a minivan with a different exterior.
Y

Bronx

• Getbig III
  • MuscleMag Group Photo Editor
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2006, 11:37:41 AM »
The H3 is pretty lame.  That's kind of like being the last person with a "member's only" jacket, or ther person still walking around in "Hammer pants." 
The Hummer is the real deal.  The H2 is for people who want to look like they drive a hummer, but don't have the money, or don't realize how weak the H2 is compared to the original. 
The H3 is kind of the "condom must have broke" kid of the hummer family.  They new they could irk out a few more bucks out of lame soccer moms who don't realize it's a minivan with a different exterior.

Or the H2 is for Canadians, since majority of insurance companies in Canada won't even insure H1's.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2006, 11:46:59 AM »
I will own one of those one day and drive off terain and kick some nazis ass all in the while saving a hot blonde. :)
just push some weight!

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2006, 12:08:53 PM »
Call me ahole all you want, but I have 2 all paid for sitting in my garage.  ;D

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2006, 12:10:16 PM »