Author Topic: Are today's pro bodybuilders obese???????????????????????  (Read 3545 times)

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
Are today's pro bodybuilders obese???????????????????????
« on: September 22, 2006, 07:05:35 AM »
i was watching Real Sports on HBO last night and they had a segment on about 300lb. plus high school football players and there was a doctor on there who said, "there isn't one 300lb. guy walking around who isn't morbidly obese no matter what his muscle to fat ratio is", and it got me thinking about todays pros who get to that weight sometimes, are these guys obese?
Jaejonna rows 125!!

anvil

• Getbig IV
Re: Are today's pro bodybuilders obese???????????????????????
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 07:08:48 AM »
Perfect example of a doctor talking out of his ass.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 07:09:35 AM »
i don't know about that.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 07:13:01 AM »
i was watching Real Sports on HBO last night and they had a segment on about 300lb. plus high school football players and there was a doctor on there who said, "there isn't one 300lb. guy walking around who isn't morbidly obese no matter what his muscle to fat ratio is", and it got me thinking about todays pros who get to that weight sometimes, are these guys obese?
According to the USDH, most who carry muscle are considered obese.  It's that stupid BMI.  It's a load of bull if you ask me.  They simply go by height and age and come up with a #.  They don't take into account lean mass or fat. I have a BF% of around 9 and I'm considered obese ???  I weigh 190.  According to the BMI index, I should weigh 165.  I'd look worse than......Never mind.  Too early to start shit.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 07:14:26 AM »
According to the USDH, most who carry muscle are considered obese.  It's that stupid BMI.  It's a load of bull if you ask me.  They simply go by height and age and come up with a #.  They don't take into account lean mass or fat. I have a BF% of around 9 and I'm considered obese ???  I weigh 190.  According to the BMI index, I should weigh 165.  I'd look worse than......Never mind.  Too early to start shit.
i doubt that your bodyfat is 9 percent, no offense.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

BigWhoop

• Getbig II
  • Like I care...hahahahha
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 07:16:00 AM »
bmi does not take into account muscle mass, therefore it is inaccurate as a basis for obesity.
They call me Jaejonna!!!

bcrizzy

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 07:18:55 AM »
clearly the human body is not made to carry 300 lbs whether its muscle or fat. the stress on ur lungs heart other organs and skeletal structure is enormous so i agree any one over 250 lbs is obeese no matter what there bf is.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 07:19:42 AM »
clearly the human body is not made to carry 300 lbs whether its muscle or fat. the stress on ur lungs heart other organs and skeletal structure is enormous so i agree any one over 250 lbs is obeese no matter what there bf is.
i agree.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

BigWhoop

• Getbig II
  • Like I care...hahahahha
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 07:24:22 AM »
Yes that is true , even 230 lbs on a 5-10 frame is making the body work more than it has to. But the obese meters show that the same 5-10 person at 185 , ripped is obese. Not true.
They call me Jaejonna!!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 07:26:19 AM »
You got that right.

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2006, 07:26:59 AM »
I don't think this pic would be classified as obese.  I wouldn't want to walk around that heavy even though it's muscle, but obese?  Nah.  It's all about body composition.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2006, 07:27:10 AM »
some of you guys sound delusional about how much muscle you and others are carrying.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2006, 07:28:49 AM »
Some pros are naturally big guys anyway, but most some are alomost 100lbs over their natural bodyweight and that can't be good :-\
I

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2006, 07:30:58 AM »

bcrizzy is spot on the money...i dont know if obese is the right word for it though (extreme muscularity)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2006, 07:38:52 AM »
Do you realize that 300 lbs of fat on the body and 300 lbs of fat will create nearly the same amount of stress on organs in the body?

Of course they are obese.  The human body Is not MEANT to carry either extreme. 

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2006, 07:45:22 AM »
Do you realize that 300 lbs of fat on the body and 300 lbs of fat will create nearly the same amount of stress on organs in the body?

Of course they are obese.  The human body Is not MEANT to carry either extreme. 
that's exactly what the doctor said.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2006, 07:46:30 AM »
some of you guys sound delusional about how much muscle you and others are carrying.

Yeah they are. VERY Delusional.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2006, 07:47:43 AM »
They will not live to their 50's.

bcrizzy

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2006, 07:48:05 AM »
I don't think this pic would be classified as obese.  I wouldn't want to walk around that heavy even though it's muscle, but obese?  Nah.  It's all about body composition.

i bet if u made him run 10 blocks he do about as well as a 300 lb fat guy  maybe not even as good lol

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2006, 07:50:52 AM »

You do realize that even IF you were 190 at 9 percent, which you are more than Likely not,  You still Do not have 190 lbs of muscle or even 165 lbs for that matter.

Muscle is only about 40 percent of bodyweight and that is a pretty high estimate.  I like how people get caught up on bodyweights when in reality, the skeleton,skin and other organs as well as water account for more weight than anything in the body.

With that said, 300 lbs on the body in any shape or form, will eventually lead to extreme health problems.

If you want to test my theory, strap some plates to yourself to make you weigh 300 lbs.  Its neither fat nor muscle but will put the SAME STRESS on your body as FAT OR MUSCLE would.

Its not healthy.

Chico_Holiday

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2006, 07:55:48 AM »
Height is another factor too.  Someone really tall can be in the 250lbs. to 300lbs. range and not be obese or unhealthy.  I do agree though, most of these 300lbs. bodybuilders are probably not even as healthy as a 300lbs. fat guy. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2006, 07:56:30 AM »
MEDICAL Definition   
Obesity is a term used to describe body weight that is much greater than what is considered healthy

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2006, 08:00:19 AM »
coleman does the stairmill for an hour a day at 320lbs.... pretty obese
-

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2006, 08:00:34 AM »
Also, there is often an assumption that athletic performance equals good health. This assumption is often false. For instance, many of the players in the NFL qualify as obese by BMI standards, when they actually fall on the far end of the curve for body size, and could not easily fit into the healthy categories, despite being very physically active and having normal body fat percentages. This does not seem to protect them from health issues associated with obesity, such as increased risk of heart disease and diabetes.

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2006, 08:00:47 AM »
Many experts and doctors agree that the BMI scale is not accurate for athletes due to their muscle ratios. 

That being said, the BMI scale is also not set up for people using hormones to synthetically enhance their muscle (weight) either.

Overall, obesity can only be truely evaluated on at case by case basis - the BMI chart is simply a guide to help those who are completely uninformed (and coincidentally are the same ones who don't exercise or eat right).
Motherboy (the band).