Author Topic: REAL proof GOD is real...  (Read 3431 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
REAL proof GOD is real...
« on: September 22, 2006, 10:07:47 AM »
...Israel's existence

God’s promise to Israel:

“Remember your servants Abraham, Isaac and Israel, to whom you swore by your own self: 'I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and I will give your descendants all this land I promised them, and it will be their inheritance forever”
Exodus 32:13

History of anti-Semitism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_anti-Semitism

Israel still exists despite numerous attempts by many people through history, even today, to wipe them off the face of the earth.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: REAL proof GOD is real...
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 02:16:20 PM »
...Israel's existence

God’s promise to Israel:

“Remember your servants Abraham, Isaac and Israel, to whom you swore by your own self: 'I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and I will give your descendants all this land I promised them, and it will be their inheritance forever”

History of anti-Semitism

Israel still exists despite numerous attempts by many people through history, even today, to wipe them off the face of the earth.

They tried to do the same to Gypsies...   so what?

until forever has elapsed exodus 32:13 means nothing............  Seems they lost their inheritance temporarily  for what 1500 years or something?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 02:34:15 PM »
Opening your eyes is all you need.

Everything you see is proof God exsists. 

You don't need a book of stories, wisdom and contradictions to prove god exsists.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 03:40:29 PM »
They tried to do the same to Gypsies...   so what?

until forever has elapsed exodus 32:13 means nothing............  Seems they lost their inheritance temporarily  for what 1500 years or something?

You miss the point.  Gypsies are not God's chosen people.  God did not promise Gypsies what he promised Israel.  Nothing compares to what Israel has gone through and their miraculous survival.  So no, it is not the same as with Gypsies.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 03:43:16 PM »
You miss the point.  Gypsies are not God's chosen people.  God did not promise Gypsies what he promised Israel.  Nothing compares to what Israel has gone through and their miraculous survival.  So no, it is not the same as with Gypsies.

I see your point.  But the Jews were not theonly ones who have suffered and made it through.  Those Gypsies were persecuted with the Jews in WW2

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 03:45:20 PM »
Opening your eyes is all you need.

Everything you see is proof God exsists. 

You don't need a book of stories, wisdom and contradictions to prove god exsists.

I agree, but there is still people who say that there is no proof.  So I present it just for the heck of it.  I appreciate your concern, but I have already believed in God by faith that comes from God himself.  I do not need proof.  Oh, and the Bible is not a book of stories.  It is the Word of God.  Read it.  It will change your life.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 03:48:06 PM »
I agree, but there is still people who say that there is no proof.  So I present it just for the heck of it.  I appreciate your concern, but I have already believed in God by faith that comes from God himself.  I do not need proof.  Oh, and the Bible is not a book of stories.  It is the Word of God.  Read it.  It will change your life.

I have read it.....Some books many times.  Perhaps i read it too closely.   ;) 

The some (not all) of the God identified in that book is not the God i know.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 04:48:21 PM »
...Israel's existence

God’s promise to Israel:

History of anti-Semitism

The Israel of today is not the Israel of 2,000 years ago! Today's Israelis are mostly white slavs, those Arabs probably have a much close blood relation to the ancient Israelites.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 10:31:59 AM »
...  Seems they lost their inheritance temporarily  for what 1500 years or something?

Yes, so what?  It was more like 2,484 years, because God punished Israel for their disobedience.  The Bible predicted even that.

"Ezekiel predicted when Israel would be re-established
Bible passage: Ezekiel 4:3-6
Written: between 593-571 BC

Fulfilled: 1948
   In Ezekiel 4:3-6, the prophet said the Jews, who had lost control of their homeland, would be punished for 430 years. This prophecy, according to Bible scholar Grant Jeffrey, pinpointed the 1948 rebirth of Israel. Here's a summary of Jeffrey's theory:

1. Ezekiel said the Jews were to be punished for 430 years because they had turned away from God. As part of the punishment, the Jews lost control of their homeland to Babylon. Many Jews were taken as captives to Babylon.

2. Babylon was later conquered by Cyrus in 539 BC. Cyrus allowed the Jews to leave Babylon and to return to their homeland. But, only a small number returned. The return had taken place sometime around 536 BC, about 70 years after Judah lost independence to Babylon.

3. Because most of the exiles chose to stay in pagan Babylon rather than return to the Holy Land, the remaining 360 years of their punishment was multiplied by 7. The reason is explained in Bible's book of Leviticus. (Leviticus 26:18, 26:21, 26:24 and 26:28). In Leviticus, it says that if the people did not repent while being punished, the punishment would be multiplied by 7. And, by staying in pagan Babylon, most exiles were refusing to repent.

4. So, if you take the remaining 360 years of punishment and multiply by 7, you get 2,520 years. But, Jeffrey says those years are based on an ancient 360-day lunar calendar. If those years are adjusted to the modern solar calendar, the result is 2,484 years.

5. And, there were exactly 2,484 years from 536 BC to 1948, which is the year that Israel regained independence.

- Copyright AboutBibleProphecy.com and 100prophecies.org

Ezekiel 4:3-6
(In this Bible passage, Ezekiel is asked by God to symbolically act out the 430 years of punishment)
   … Then take an iron pan, place it as an iron wall between you and the city and turn your face toward it. It will be under siege, and you shall besiege it. This will be a sign to the house of Israel. "Then lie on your left side and put the sin of the house of Israel upon yourself. You are to bear their sin for the number of days you lie on your side. I have assigned you the same number of days as the years of their sin. So for 390 days you will bear the sin of the house of Israel. "After you have finished this, lie down again, this time on your right side, and bear the sin of the house of Judah. I have assigned you 40 days, a day for each year."

http://www.100prophecies.org/page3.htm

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 11:58:05 AM »
Yes, so what?  It was more like 2,484 years, because God punished Israel for their disobedience.  The Bible predicted even that.

yeah great punishment....  to punish generations of innocent poeple.  GOD has no problem killing women and children does he?  Or at least ordering them to be killed.  That GOD you describe here is more like a tyrant or a mobster.

Not the GOD i know.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 12:34:50 PM »
yeah great punishment....  to punish generations of innocent poeple.  GOD has no problem killing women and children does he?  Or at least ordering them to be killed.  That GOD you describe here is more like a tyrant or a mobster.

Not the GOD i know.

Okay, I'll come back to this.  But what about my post?  Are you changing the subject?

spotter

• Getbig III
  • Off the Hook
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2006, 08:06:24 PM »
...Israel's existence

God’s promise to Israel:

History of anti-Semitism

I saw Gods' Coat, its hanging next to Elvis's.....Let it go already!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2006, 02:17:01 AM »
I saw Gods' Coat, its hanging next to Elvis's.....Let it go already!

"Elvis is dead" - God

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2006, 08:38:38 AM »
...Israel's existence

God’s promise to Israel:

History of anti-Semitism

actually thats proof the bible is full of shit, cause there are way more stars in the sky then jews

:)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2006, 08:41:47 AM »
actually thats proof the bible is full of shit, cause there are way more stars in the sky then jews

:)

Only god is supposed to talk about the heaven!

Jeremiah 10:2
    Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

;D ;D :o ??? :P

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2006, 11:24:34 AM »

Clubber Lang,
Abraham's descendants includes more than just Jews.  It also includes those who have faith in Jesus Christ. 

Romans 9:6-8
"It is not as though God's word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. Nor because they are his descendants are they all Abraham's children. On the contrary, "It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned."  In other words, it is not the natural children who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring."

Romans 4:16-17
Therefore, the promise comes by faith, so that it may be by grace and may be guaranteed to all Abraham's offspring—not only to those who are of the law but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham. He is the father of us all. As it is written: "I have made you a father of many nations." He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed—the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were.

It also includes those of Abraham's descendants who have died physically

Matthew 22:31-32
But about the resurrection of the dead—have you not read what God said to you, 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.

It also includes those of Abraham's descendants who have not been born yet.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2006, 11:58:06 AM »
Only god is supposed to talk about the heaven!

Jeremiah 10:2
    Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

Ozmo,
Only God is supposed to talk about the heavens?  How did you get that from this verse?  It is neither what it says nor what it means at all.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2006, 12:03:43 PM »
Ozmo,
Only God is supposed to talk about the heavens?  How did you get that from this verse?  It is neither what it says nor what it means at all.

Well what does that verse mean to you?

To me it means we are not supposed to get dismayed at something we see in the sky.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2006, 12:21:56 PM »
Well what does that verse mean to you?

To me it means we are not supposed to get dismayed at something we see in the sky.

Yeah, something we see in the sky: Lighting, a solar eclipse, etc.

God is telling Israel, through the prophet Jeremiah around 586 BC, to abstain from worshiping the idols and false gods of their neighboring nations. 

"Learn not the way of the heathen"

These "heathen" nations worshiped things of nature.  They were dismayed (terrified) of the forces of nature.  So they would create gods for each of the forces of nature and worship them and sacrificed to them to calm these false gods, to calm nature. 

God is telling Israel not to be terrified of these things that they see in the sky like the heathen do, because it is God who created nature and it is God who makes these things happen.

"be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them."

The rest goes like this:

"3For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
 4They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

5They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

6Forasmuch as there is none like unto thee, O LORD; thou art great, and thy name is great in might.

7Who would not fear thee, O King of nations? for to thee doth it appertain: forasmuch as among all the wise men of the nations, and in all their kingdoms, there is none like unto thee.

8But they are altogether brutish and foolish: the stock is a doctrine of vanities.

9Silver spread into plates is brought from Tarshish, and gold from Uphaz, the work of the workman, and of the hands of the founder: blue and purple is their clothing: they are all the work of cunning men.

10But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.

11Thus shall ye say unto them, The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens.

12He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion.

13 When he uttereth his voice, there is a multitude of waters in the heavens, and he causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth; he maketh lightnings with rain, and bringeth forth the wind out of his treasures.

14Every man is brutish in his knowledge: every founder is confounded by the graven image: for his molten image is falsehood, and there is no breath in them.

15They are vanity, and the work of errors: in the time of their visitation they shall perish.

16The portion of Jacob is not like them: for he is the former of all things; and Israel is the rod of his inheritance: The LORD of hosts is his name."