Author Topic: European outlook on us here in the states..  (Read 3251 times)

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
European outlook on us here in the states..
« on: September 22, 2006, 01:04:49 PM »
SO my parents are in Greece, and they keep telling me all these news that we dont hear here in the states...They also say how Europe in general cant stand us, not us personally, but the government...

Man, talk about us trying to do good and looking like bad guys...whats up with that.
 ???

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
Re: European outlook on us here in the states..
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 01:07:18 PM »
i think that they see us in Europe as a bunch of gun toting, fat, pale, loud talking, beer swilling, Nascar watching, trailer park living rednecks which is what the majority of America is.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 01:11:50 PM »
herc, what did they say that the iran. prez said during his press conference? He was going to drop news on US wrongdoing, but none of the countries translated here.  Drude had news of his news conference upon Tues, then no one mentioned it.  News called it a surprise (I posted it here two days prior), and they didn't translate it or cover it. 

What did he have to say that our govt wouldn't cover it, but they'll cover hugo's insulting speech?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 01:13:08 PM »
herc, what did they say that the iran. prez said during his press conference? He was going to drop news on US wrongdoing, but none of the countries translated here.  Drude had news of his news conference upon Tues, then no one mentioned it.  News called it a surprise (I posted it here two days prior), and they didn't translate it or cover it. 

What did he have to say that our govt wouldn't cover it, but they'll cover hugo's insulting speech?

I'm sure there is an english translation out there.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 01:13:23 PM »
i think that they see us in Europe as a bunch of gun toting, fat, pale, loud talking, beer swilling, Nascar watching, trailer park living rednecks which is what the majority of America is.

I live din Greece from 82-27. They didnt like us then either.. i think thats why, and now that were over there doing God only knows, (besides poor youg kids losing their lives) they even frown upon us more...

But then again, I cant express how much I hate those terrorists..maybe we should worry less about the oil and take care of those camel jockeys.

There is alot of news there that isnt heard here, i dont remember details but i remmber hearing family talk about it...i was like ... :o

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 01:15:34 PM »
I live din Greece from 82-27. They didnt like us then either.. mostly bc we are a "superpower"....i think thats why, and now that were over there doing God only knows, (besides poor youg kids losing their lives) they even frown upon us more...

But then again, I cant express how much I hate those terrorists..maybe we should worry less about the oil and take care of those camel jockeys.
maybe instead of "taking care of the camel jockeys" we should just start minding our own business and stay out of other countries affairs, especially Israel's.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 01:17:26 PM »
maybe instead of "taking care of the camel jockeys" we should just start minding our own business and stay out of other countries affairs, especially Israel's.

I agree..I didnt know this, but was it true that Palestinians were ousted out of Israel, and years ago all the Jewish population in Israel was put there, by the US?  that eventually lead into pushing palestinians where they are now??

its one big cluster fuk.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 01:18:25 PM »
I agree..I didnt know this, but was it true that Palestinians were ousted out of Israel, and years ago all the Jewish population in Israel was put there, by the US?  that eventually lead into pushing palestinians where they are now??

its one big cluster f**k.
were you sleeping during history class in school?
Jaejonna rows 125!!

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 01:33:32 PM »
were you sleeping during history class in school?

haha, basically..im clueless on their fuked situation...never really cared...but from what i know, palestinians did get a raw deal.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 01:36:02 PM »

its one big cluster f**k.

Basically, yes.

But it wasn't USA who ousted them. It was the UN.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2006, 01:44:42 PM »
I lived in Europe for a few years in the 90's, and all I can say is back then they definitely disliked the US.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2006, 02:03:42 PM »
I lived in Europe for a few years in the 90's, and all I can say is back then they definitely disliked the US.

Yep.... they've hated us for a long time, even when liberal Dems were in power.  It's basically penis envy...  we're the biggest, toughest, richest, most successful kid on the block, and since they can't be us, they hate us.  Bush's misguided policies are only the latest excuse, not the true underlying cause.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2006, 02:14:06 PM »
Yep.... they've hated us for a long time, even when liberal Dems were in power.  It's basically penis envy...  we're the biggest, toughest, richest, most successful kid on the block, and since they can't be us, they hate us.  Bush's misguided policies are only the latest excuse, not the true underlying cause.

i don't think they read henry james in community colleges.  :-\ it's not like he observed anything similar in his time.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2006, 02:21:22 PM »

Well that fits you to a "T" doesn't it, fatass?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2006, 02:33:55 PM »
the outlook on life is very different in europe, and in many ways better, they certainly dont worry as much and enjoy life more than we do. anyone who has spent time over there will understand. i dont blame them one bit for not really liking us-i hate the very same aspects of this nation that they do. and hey, lots of americans dont understand them for the same reason.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2006, 07:36:52 PM »
Basically, yes.

But it wasn't USA who ousted them. It was the UN.

YIP
Zack

Yep, thats what i meant, the UN...see Sarcasm, i didnt sleep all the way through it! haha..I came to the states when i was a softmore in highschool...i had a confusing childhood...born here in the states, moved to greece, lived there for 4 years, then came back to the states in highschool...college...n ow working stiff.... haha like the rest of us here!!

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2006, 03:43:21 AM »

Hahahahahaha yes we do. especially impressed by your president haha.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2006, 03:56:39 AM »
I don't get this... the only demographic of "Europeans" I know who dislike the US are the French and pakis/muzzies.

I lived in Germany for a year with a team from work, it was me and 5 americans, we got on well ???

I went to Rhodes in Greece last year, but didn't really speak to any natives, especially about politics... but they seem like a care free people who wouldn't really have an opinion on the matter :-\

The French hate everyone tho... but I hate them back x100.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2006, 04:06:17 AM »
I don't get this... the only demographic of "Europeans" I know who dislike the US are the French and pakis/muzzies.

I lived in Germany for a year with a team from work, it was me and 5 americans, we got on well ???

I went to Rhodes in Greece last year, but didn't really speak to any natives, especially about politics... but they seem like a care free people who wouldn't really have an opinion on the matter :-\

The French hate everyone tho... but I hate them back x100.

Agree 100%.

Europeans in general likes Americans.

If anyone tells you otherwise, they're wrong IMO.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2006, 05:03:08 AM »
Not trying to be arguementative, but in all my experience many Europeans do dislike the US. Whenever I travel there, I am assumed to be an American for some reason, and as soon as I say that I am not, many people just rant on about the states negatively. Gets kind of annoying.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2006, 05:15:17 AM »
Not trying to be arguementative, but in all my experience many Europeans do dislike the US. Whenever I travel there, I am assumed to be an American for some reason, and as soon as I say that I am not, many people just rant on about the states negatively. Gets kind of annoying.

I don't really understand this... unless... you're the loud obnoxious american type tourist as so:

If you're ANYTHING like that, then any abuse is totally justified.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2006, 05:35:23 AM »
I don't really understand this... unless... you're the loud obnoxious american type tourist as so:

If you're ANYTHING like that, then any abuse is totally justified.

LOL ;D

No, I live on a resort island, so I am *highly* familar with that type. And that pic is no joke - they really do dress like that...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2006, 06:49:15 AM »
Europeans have short memories..In French anybody outside of Paris generally seems to like us. The Germans..its an age thing. The older ones saw us rebuild Germany and defend them from the Russians. The younger ones saw or see us as occupiers to some extent. The Brits..well I love Britain..relatives there and in Ireland so I think they like us...or tolorate us. U find the same thing in Korea. Older folks love us..younger ones wish we'd leave.
L

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2006, 07:09:30 AM »
I am assumed to be an American for some reason,

Do you have dreadlocks?

If not, then that could be the possible explanation.

Grow the dreadlocks back, and don't hide your ganja.

This should make the Europeans know that you're an Islander, mon.

Pass the dutchie
YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

canyoufeeltheforce

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2006, 07:46:10 AM »
SO my parents are in Greece, and they keep telling me all these news that we dont hear here in the states...They also say how Europe in general cant stand us, not us personally, but the government...

Man, talk about us trying to do good and looking like bad guys...whats up with that.
 ???

Scots hate everyone unless of course you are buying them a drink .

I don't drink so I am more selective about whom I hate .

The majority of Scots do not trust the USA govt .

I would reckon that the majority of Scots don't believe in the 9/11 conspiracies theories but that's not because they trust or like BUSH-boy . It's simply because they are fundamentally lazy bastards and don't like to think let alone read .

I wouldn't group the thoughts of mainland Europe with the UK .

We are told that the UK is disliked by other European countries because we backed up BUSH-boy in the attack on Iraq . I believe that such dislike is only at a political level . I would guess the European people have more reservations about the British people because of football hooligans more than what our political leaders decide to do .