Author Topic: Saudis to French: Osama bin laden has died  (Read 1671 times)

Brian Peppers

• Getbig II
  • "Hi Mom, This is Mark Bingham...
Saudis to French: Osama bin laden has died
« on: September 23, 2006, 10:45:17 PM »
Bin Laden dead from typhoid, says rumour sweeping globe

By Raymond Whitaker
Published: 24 September 2006

A claim that Osama bin Laden, the elusive al-Qa'ida leader, may have died of typhoid in Pakistan last month touched off a storm of speculation around the world yesterday, followed by a stream of denials.

President Jacques Chirac of France, where the report originated, said it was "in no way whatsoever confirmed", and officials from Washington to Islamabad, the Pakistani capital, said there was no information to back it.

The French regional newspaper l'Est Republicain yesterday printed what was later confirmed as an authentic document from France's DGSE intelligence service. This said "according to a usually reliable source, Saudi security services are now convinced that Osama bin Laden is dead".

The chief of al-Qa'ida "was a victim of a severe typhoid crisis while in Pakistan on 23 August, 2006", it added. His geographical isolation meant that medical assistance was impossible, and his lower limbs were said to have paralysed. The Saudis were said to be seeking further information, including the place of Bin Laden's burial.

Although the French authorities began a leak inquiry, the claim met widespread scepticism. One US analyst said that if the Saudis had any such information, they would have passed it to the CIA rather than French intelligence. The White House and officials in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia said there was no indication there was anything in the report.

A claim that Osama bin Laden, the elusive al-Qa'ida leader, may have died of typhoid in Pakistan last month touched off a storm of speculation around the world yesterday, followed by a stream of denials.

President Jacques Chirac of France, where the report originated, said it was "in no way whatsoever confirmed", and officials from Washington to Islamabad, the Pakistani capital, said there was no information to back it.

The French regional newspaper l'Est Republicain yesterday printed what was later confirmed as an authentic document from France's DGSE intelligence service. This said "according to a usually reliable source, Saudi security services are now convinced that Osama bin Laden is dead".
The chief of al-Qa'ida "was a victim of a severe typhoid crisis while in Pakistan on 23 August, 2006", it added. His geographical isolation meant that medical assistance was impossible, and his lower limbs were said to have paralysed. The Saudis were said to be seeking further information, including the place of Bin Laden's burial.

Although the French authorities began a leak inquiry, the claim met widespread scepticism. One US analyst said that if the Saudis had any such information, they would have passed it to the CIA rather than French intelligence. The White House and officials in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia said there was no indication there was anything in the report.

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/article1726058.ece
You believe me, don't you

Mr. Intenseone

Re: Saudis to French: Osama bin laden has died
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 11:25:22 PM »
LOL...lets believe the French....those cowards are probably hiding him!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 11:27:54 PM »
Why would the Saudis give this to the French and not the United States / CIA?

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 11:30:56 PM »
Why would the Saudis give this to the French and not the United States / CIA?

Who's CIA??

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 11:38:35 PM »
Who's CIA??

Central Intelligence Agency.
They've managed all the interrrogations overseas, and the intel in the region. 

I am leery to believe this.  If it IS true tho, my guess is that the Saudis might be jumping on the bandwagon with the others who are throwing the US under the bus in the last month.  I want the truth out as much as anyone, but it's scary in the last few weeks-

Saudis gives major intel on bin laden to french (who promptly leaked it)
Pakistan says we threatened them in order to invade afghanistan
Iran prez and chavez both accuse bush of 911.
Iran prez and chavez both diss bush in NYC.
Chavez is launching his own 911 investigation.

I want the truth on 911, but shit... this is scary that everything is coming out like this at once. I'm wondering what kinda alliance these groups might have in order to launch all of this in such coordination.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 11:39:41 PM »
Who's CIA??

The CIA that controls the media.   :)

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 11:40:06 PM »
Central Intelligence Agency.
They've managed all the interrrogations overseas, and the intel in the region. 

I am leery to believe this.  If it IS true tho, my guess is that the Saudis might be jumping on the bandwagon with the others who are throwing the US under the bus in the last month.  I want the truth out as much as anyone, but it's scary in the last few weeks-

Saudis gives major intel on bin laden to french (who promptly leaked it)
Pakistan says we threatened them in order to invade afghanistan
Iran prez and chavez both accuse bush of 911.
Iran prez and chavez both diss bush in NYC.
Chavez is launching his own 911 investigation.

I want the truth on 911, but shit... this is scary that everything is coming out like this at once. I'm wondering what kinda alliance these groups might have in order to launch all of this in such coordination.

I know what the CIA is, I was wondering WHO'S CIA (What countries)!!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 11:40:58 PM »
The CIA that controls the media.   :)

LOL

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006, 11:44:31 PM »
Could be as simple as the truth.

btw - How did Iran's president diss bush at the UN?

I doubt the Saudi's would release to the French before the USA, ...however I do believe it is conceivable that the US could remain silent about that sort of info. There are those in office who really, really need that bogey-man alive and kicking and waiting to turn up like a bad penny anywhere at anytime.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2006, 11:45:01 PM »
Oh - just the U.S. intel agency.   Saudi Arabia is supposed to bring all the intel directly to us so that we can manage the info.  The only possible reason that they'd give to to the french is because they wanted it leaked.

Drudge report has it too.
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/09/23/060923223935.9nhq6et8.html

This would certainly make for an interesting election season.    Many people have thought for years that a surprise bin laden capture/kill on the weekend before elections would either give the repubs the house, or even the white house.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2006, 11:47:32 PM »
I doubt the Saudi's would release to the French beofe the USA, ...however I do believe it is conceivable that the US could remain silent about that sort of info. There are those in office who really, really need that bogey-man alive and kicking and waiting to turn up like a bad penny anywhere at anytime.

jag, Im sure that our foreign policy is based on good intel, cooperation of enthusiastic partners, and that the death of one terrorist would have no effect on national support for a third war overseas.  Silly Canandian :P

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2006, 11:52:05 PM »
Oh - just the U.S. intel agency.   Saudi Arabia is supposed to bring all the intel directly to us so that we can manage the info.  The only possible reason that they'd give to to the french is because they wanted it leaked.

Drudge report has it too.
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/09/23/060923223935.9nhq6et8.html

This would certainly make for an interesting election season.    Many people have thought for years that a surprise bin laden capture/kill on the weekend before elections would either give the repubs the house, or even the white house.

Too bad they can't claim a sniper's bullet to the head. Typhoid? How very unceremonious.  :-\
It will be interesting to see what if any coverage/spin it gets in the US media.  :P
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2006, 11:54:30 PM »
it's burning up the underground media boards.  been there all night.  I didn't want to be known as the guy that is ALWAYS posting crazy CT info hahaha...

Brian Peppers

• Getbig II
  • "Hi Mom, This is Mark Bingham...
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2006, 01:11:15 AM »
With Osama bin Goldstein dead, they're gonna need a new boogeyman.

Heads its Iran, Tails Syria, and 10 to 1 on chavez.
You believe me, don't you

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2006, 01:57:54 AM »
It's got to be Iran. Regime change in Venezuela already failed, and does nothing to capitalize or push the PNAC agenda for the Middle East forward. Syria has already proven it's position in the 'War on Terror' in the eyes of the world, by thwarting the attempt on the US embassy, as well as allowing for the torture of a Canadian citizen in the 'War on Terror'. Iran, however is maintaining it's position that they are within their rights to develop nuclear energy, and they are located smack dab in the middle of the middle east. Troops on their left, ...and troops on their right, ...and tons of oil beneath them. When the straits of hormuz closes up tighter than Beach Bum's buttocks, the bombs will fall and the price of gas goes through the roof again, ...only higher than before. Actually, the bombs won't even have to start falling first, ...just the sabre-rattling is enough.

w