Author Topic: Baby Dies in Bucket of Mom's Vomit  (Read 6607 times)

knny187

• Getbig V
Re: Baby Dies in Bucket of Mom's Vomit
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2006, 05:46:20 PM »
I've seen alot of unwanted & disfunctional kids....

I say abort them all if you don't want them

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2006, 05:51:42 PM »
Do you have about 3 hours?  :)

Perhaps I should qualify my statement a little. I simply don't believe early abortion (6 weeks pregnant or less) is killing a living, viable human being. This is mostly the gist of my feelings about this in a nutshell. I have huge misgivings about later term abortions. I don't see anything wrong with the Morning After pill, other than it might encourage some girls to be irresponsible. I believe women who want their children will instinctively have a connection from the start, whereas those who don't/are desperate have none...meaning I believe the connection is purely psychological. (There's a thread about this on the Open Girl Discussion board.) I just don't think children should be brought into the world to die at 4 months in a bucket of vomit.

Sure.  I'll start the meter.  Where do I send the bill?   :)

Thanks for the response.  Having gone through four pregnancies . . . vicariously, I have trouble not considering the baby a baby at all stages.  The heart beats and limbs are formed in the first trimester.  Tough issue.

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2006, 06:01:32 PM »
Very tough... and I believe that 99% of women who can financially take care of a child and/or are in loving relationships wouldn't have one. I do think abortions should be available to desperate, impoverished women who are alone, drug-addicted, etc., since there is nothing awaiting their children but a future of squalor and misery...or death by abuse or neglect. Then there are those women who have been raped, or the older ones who thought they couldn't get pregnant anymore...etc...

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2006, 06:02:38 PM »
Very tough... and I believe that 99% of women who can financially take care of a child and/or are in loving relationships wouldn't have one. I do think abortions should be available to desperate, impoverished women who are alone, drug-addicted, etc., since there is nothing awaiting their children but a future of squalor and misery...or death by abuse or neglect. Then there are those women who have been raped, or the older ones who thought they couldn't get pregnant anymore...etc...

I think women that are raped shouldn't be allowed to get an abortion

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2006, 06:05:19 PM »
Lol, Knny, what is with you tonight?  :P

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2006, 06:08:03 PM »
Lol, Knny, what is with you tonight?  :P

I just feel bastards are an exception

;)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2006, 06:09:01 PM »
I think women that are raped shouldn't be allowed to get an abortion

That's like saying people who are infected with a disease should not be allowed to cure themselves.

No i don't think a child is a disease, but i do believe women should have the right over their own bodies.
To violate a woman's body against her will is bad enough, ....but to force her to not have control over that body, by then carrying a child to term, and them having to raise it, permanently altering her life is unconscionable.

I don't believe there is anything wrong with using technology to prevent an egg from attaching itself to the uterus which is what the morning after pill does. It's mechanism is no different from an IUD. within hours of a rape, it is NOT a child, not a baby, but a clump of maybe 12 cells. The horrendous crime would be to force that woman, to maintain the seed of that prick within her.
w

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2006, 06:10:12 PM »
no Judy.....

Bastardos have rights too

newmom

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2006, 06:31:01 PM »
well shelters in nyc usually have cribs for babies...now wether in this case i dont know but god help the dcf agency and the shelter if they didnt..not that its their responsability to do so..and most shelters have a curfew but its funny i know a girl that was in a shelter and might have been the same one that they didnt have a curfew..and she liked to party too..most have a midnight curfew and if u aint back your shit out of luck...

poor kid...but shame on the mom...

newmom

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2006, 06:34:15 PM »
This is common in NYC. Black and hispanic mothers mishandling or even sometimes beating their children to death.

Look up Nixmary Brown, hearing about that little girl brought tears to my eyes.

camel jockey..that story is soooooo sad..at the time i was living in the lower east side..and a popular mural artist did a huge mural on avenue c and 6th st..many people left stuffed animals and flowers and candles in front of it...

newmom

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2006, 06:35:37 PM »
i honestly dont think many women know about how most states have safe haven laws..drop them off at a fire or police station or hospital...yeesh...

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2006, 06:49:36 PM »
i honestly dont think many women know about how most states have safe haven laws..drop them off at a fire or police station or hospital...yeesh...

you sound experienced....

tell us about that

;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2006, 08:12:31 PM »
The talk about rape, incest, etc. is sort of a red herring.  The overwhelming majority of abortions are a form of birth control. 

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2006, 08:36:03 PM »
Some info regarding who's having them...

At the time most women have an abortion they already have a child. Half
have had a previous abortion.

The argument that abortion is widely used as a method of birth control is not borne
out by the data. Slightly over half of those having an abortion will have only one.
Of the
remaining group that has had more than one abortion, more than half will have only
two. It is more likely that a woman who has an abortion has already had a previous birth
than a previous abortion.
• 61% of women who have an abortion have had a prior birth
• 48% of women who have an abortion have had a previous abortion.xviii xix

http://www.third-way.com/data/product/file/17/demographics_of_abortion.pdf#search=%22abortion%20%2B%20statistics%20%2B%20who%20is%20having%20them%22

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2006, 08:48:14 PM »
 prevention is better than the cure

. . . and sometimes the cure comes at too high a price.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2006, 08:52:21 PM »
prevention is better than the cure

. . . and sometimes the cure comes at too high a price.

Of course... and usually it's a last recourse. Statistics also indicate 51% of women who have had  an abortion were using some method of birth control at the time.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2006, 09:01:36 PM »
Of course... and usually it's a last recourse. Statistics also indicate 51% of women who have had  an abortion were using some method of birth control at the time.

seems like a lot of people don't use it right though. you think you'd be careful about something like that.

All I know is that if I was a woman and had an unplanned pregnancy, I really wouldn't know what to do. I'd probably keep the baby, but I have a good support system. can't imagine going through a pregnancy w/o some kind of serious assistance.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2006, 09:09:20 PM »
Maybe the trick is to be on the Pill, but make him wear five layers of condoms on top of that anyway...  :)

I wouldn't have one either, but I also have a support system and the financial wherewithal, whereas many women don't.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2006, 09:11:39 PM »
Some info regarding who's having them...

At the time most women have an abortion they already have a child. Half
have had a previous abortion.

The argument that abortion is widely used as a method of birth control is not borne
out by the data. Slightly over half of those having an abortion will have only one.
Of the
remaining group that has had more than one abortion, more than half will have only
two. It is more likely that a woman who has an abortion has already had a previous birth
than a previous abortion.
• 61% of women who have an abortion have had a prior birth
• 48% of women who have an abortion have had a previous abortion.xviii xix

http://www.third-way.com/data/product/file/17/demographics_of_abortion.pdf#search=%22abortion%20%2B%20statistics%20%2B%20who%20is%20having%20them%22

From the same article:

"While there are many reasons and circumstances that may lead a woman or a couple
to choose an abortion, the overwhelming fact is that when a pregnancy is unplanned,
abortion is the likely outcome. Abortions based on rape, incest, life of the mother, or
abnormality of the fetus are uncommon
. Reducing the number of unwanted
pregnancies by 10% would eliminate more abortions in three days than would banning
late term abortions over the course of a full year."

Sounds like birth control to me. 

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2006, 09:12:25 PM »
Maybe the trick is to be on the Pill, but make him wear five layers of condoms on top of that anyway...  :)

On a serious note, never "double bag." the friction weakens the latex and makes it more prone to tearing.  :)

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2006, 09:15:35 PM »
On a serious note, never "double bag." the friction weakens the latex and makes it more prone to tearing.  :)

Lol, I didn't know there was a term for it, but I'll keep that in mind.  :)

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2006, 09:18:21 PM »
Sounds like birth control to me. 

Birth control implies that women are having multiple abortions in lieu of using condoms, IUD, the Pill... the majority of women have only one in a lifetime.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2006, 09:19:01 PM »
Lol, I didn't know there was a term for it, but I'll keep that in mind.  :)

glad to be of help.  :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2006, 09:42:39 PM »
Birth control implies that women are having multiple abortions in lieu of using condoms, IUD, the Pill... the majority of women have only one in a lifetime.

Birth control is the regulation of the number of children born by whatever means.  The fact a woman has one abortion, solely because she does not want to have a baby, when not for health reasons, rape, incest, etc. is a form of birth control.  Like the article says, most women have an abortion because they didn't want to get pregnant or have a baby, not because of rape, incest, etc.  That's actually textbook birth control.   

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2006, 09:48:56 PM »
Okay, I'll give you that. I thought you were using the term as a synonym for contraception.