Author Topic: Baby Dies in Bucket of Mom's Vomit  (Read 6609 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Baby Dies in Bucket of Mom's Vomit
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2006, 10:53:44 PM »
Okay, I'll give you that. I thought you were using the term as a synonym for contraception.

Isn't it?  Woman takes the pill because she doesn't want to get pregnant or have a baby.  Woman gets an abortion because she doesn't want to get pregnant or have a baby. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2006, 01:15:54 AM »
Isn't it?  Woman takes the pill because she doesn't want to get pregnant or have a baby.  Woman gets an abortion because she doesn't want to get pregnant or have a baby. 

No contraception is not the same thing. Contraception is a preventative, ...something that prevents conception. An abortion is something that can only occur after conception has already taken place.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2006, 08:56:04 AM »
No contraception is not the same thing. Contraception is a preventative, ...something that prevents conception. An abortion is something that can only occur after conception has already taken place.

And they both accomplish the same thing:  preventing and/or terminating an unwanted pregnancy. 

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2006, 09:04:32 AM »
And they both accomplish the same thing:  preventing and/or terminating an unwanted pregnancy. 

If you were a woman, I don't know how quickly you would say that. There's a whole world of difference between preventing a pregnancy and having to go through the emotional anguish as well as physical discomfort of an abortion.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2006, 09:07:46 AM »
I say.....

stick a fork in it

;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2006, 10:52:30 AM »
If you were a woman, I don't know how quickly you would say that. There's a whole world of difference between preventing a pregnancy and having to go through the emotional anguish as well as physical discomfort of an abortion.

As I said to the doctor while he was delivering my son (child number 3) during a very bloody delivery, "thank God I'm not a woman."

I agree there is a world of difference from a psychological standpoint between popping a birth control pill and having an abortion.  But I don't see how you classify most abortions as anything other than the termination of an unwanted pregnancy, which really isn't any different than preventing an unwanted pregnancy by taking a pill.  They're both forms of birth control.  They both prevent/terminate unwanted pregnancies.  We're kinda going around in circles.
  :)     

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2006, 11:14:27 AM »
As I said to the doctor while he was delivering my son (child number 3) during a very bloody delivery, "thank God I'm not a woman."

I agree there is a world of difference from a psychological standpoint between popping a birth control pill and having an abortion.  But I don't see how you classify most abortions as anything other than the termination of an unwanted pregnancy, which really isn't any different than preventing an unwanted pregnancy by taking a pill.  They're both forms of birth control.  They both prevent/terminate unwanted pregnancies.  We're kinda going around in circles.

Yes, I guess we'll have to agree we agree on the basics, but disagree on semantics.  To me the word "terminate" when speaking of abortion is the same as the word "cure," and I don't believe prevention and cure are interchangeable.  :)  Or, sort of like the difference between upkeeping your car so it runs smoothly, and fixing it when it's broke.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2006, 11:25:15 AM »
Yes, I guess we'll have to agree we agree on the basics, but disagree on semantics.  To me the word "terminate" when speaking of abortion is the same as the word "cure," and I don't believe prevention and cure are interchangeable.  :)  Or, sort of like the difference between upkeeping your car so it runs smoothly, and fixing it when it's broke.

Hey imagine that.  We disagree and you didn't even insult me, call me names, talk about my mother . . .   Feels weird.   :) 

Kidding of course. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2006, 12:07:30 PM »
Is it at all possible to have a discussion without insulting someone who has not insulted you first?

Absolutley not. It is usually my intent to talk about bodybuilding but i always somehow end up defending blacks and latinos (of which i am both). It never fails.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2006, 05:55:55 PM »

If that's your position, ...you would have to argue against the concept of abstinance for your little girls,
...after all "they both accomplish the same thing:  preventing and/or terminating an unwanted pregnancy."

Sheesh, ...why can't men just admit when they're wrong rather than trying to justify every misstep?  ::)
w

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2006, 05:56:50 PM »
If that's your position, ...you would have to argue against the concept of abstinance for your little girls,
...after all "they both accomplish the same thing:  preventing and/or terminating an unwanted pregnancy."

Sheesh, ...why can't men just admit when they're wrong rather than trying to justify every misstep?  ::)

alice, go back to wonderland.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2006, 07:45:03 PM »

There is nothing wrong with birth control per se.  Abstinence is a form a birth control.  The best form actually.  Abstinence is what I teach my teenaged daughters.  So your point is? 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2006, 07:53:12 PM »
There is nothing wrong with birth control per se.  Abstinence is a form a birth control.  The best form actually.  Abstinence is what I teach my teenaged daughters.  So your point is? 

So then that would make abstinence a form of abortion no?
...since they both accomplish the same thing:  preventing and/or terminating an unwanted pregnancy."

I thought you were against abortion?
w

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2006, 07:56:44 PM »
...since they both accomplish the same thing:  preventing and/or terminating an unwanted pregnancy."

I told you guys that Jag is a mini-Hugo Chavez, and here is irrefutable proof.  Lolo.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2006, 07:59:53 PM »

??? 

Taking the pill, abortion, and abstinence are all ways to prevent and/or terminate an unwanted pregnancy.  Neither abstinence nor taking the pill are abortion.  Al-G is right:  that sounds lolo to me.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2006, 09:06:55 PM »
??? 

Taking the pill, abortion, and abstinence are all ways to prevent and/or terminate an unwanted pregnancy.  Neither abstinence nor taking the pill are abortion.  Al-G is right:  that sounds lolo to me.

It is lolo... however it would have to be the case... based on your definition which I quoted for you.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2006, 10:32:08 PM »
It is lolo... however it would have to be the case... based on your definition which I quoted for you.

No it wouldn't.  I just explained it to you.  That's your interpretation of my comments, which I disagreed with.  Taking the pill is not abortion.  Neither is abstinence.   

And I never said I was "against abortion."  I've never expressed an opinion about that one way or the other.  You simply made an assumption.  It's a very complicated issue.  I see some black and white (e.g., whether an unborn child is actually a baby--yes), but lots of gray (e.g., balancing the protection of the baby with the woman's bodily integrity issue). 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2006, 12:57:00 AM »
No it wouldn't.  I just explained it to you.  That's your interpretation of my comments, which I disagreed with.  Taking the pill is not abortion.  Neither is abstinence.   

And I never said I was "against abortion."  I've never expressed an opinion about that one way or the other.  You simply made an assumption.  It's a very complicated issue.  I see some black and white (e.g., whether an unborn child is actually a baby--yes), but lots of gray (e.g., balancing the protection of the baby with the woman's bodily integrity issue). 

Fair enough. I could be reading more into it than was actually said.

I admittedly have issues with people who assume the 'morning after pill' is an abortion pill, and that it will be used as a form of contraception or abortion. They clearly do not undertand how it works. IMO the morning after pill is NOT an abortion and should not be considered to be one.
w