Author Topic: Hulk Hogan's "24 Inch Pythons"  (Read 24516 times)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Re: Hulk Hogan's "24 Inch Pythons"
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2006, 03:36:27 PM »

wow. his shoulder to waist differential is fantastic! 8)

Hulk still is the man though
Flower Boy Ran Away

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2006, 06:54:06 PM »
maybe he grew from 1985 to 1991? 8)

I am just going from memory, but I recall he was huge.

I do have to ask one obvious question, especially after seeing Andre live:

if Andre was only 6'9 and not 7'4, how tall was everyone he was ever seen with?

5'4??

people are alway trying to claim that every number in wrestling is fake.

but there are some that are not.

if you have ever seen this footage (on his dvd and video) you realize that the man was a human elephant.

A good relative shot is a shot of Arnold, Andre and Wilt Chamberlain that was taken when the second Conan was being filmed. Wilt who was exactly 7'1" was 3 to 4 inches taller than Andre. The shot is somewhere in an old Getbig thread.
The House that Ruth built

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2006, 06:55:25 PM »
Andre was 6'10"
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2006, 07:09:38 PM »
at what age? 8)

Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2006, 07:21:12 PM »
wikipedia claims that Andre was "legitimately" measured at 6'9 and 3/4 at age 24 (but no source cited).

hard to say if this is reliable given wiki's reputation.

that being the case, if Andre was really 6 inches shorter than claimed, that means there are only a few wrestlers out there that are much over 6 feet tall...does this seem plausible?

you can probably find 5000 photos online where he dwarfs everybody..

Flower Boy Ran Away

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2006, 09:12:22 PM »
wikipedia claims that Andre was "legitimately" measured at 6'9 and 3/4 at age 24 (but no source cited).

that being the case, if Andre was really 6 inches shorter than claimed, that means there are only a few wrestlers out there that are much over 6 feet tall...does this seem plausible?

a friend of mine played football years ago for the Iowa Hawkeye's....He was a legit 6'9...He went to a wwe (wwf at the time) show and got to meet andre backstage for a second...The guys backstage were all joking around that this guy was taller then Andre...Well he wasn't but he stated that Andre had him beat by about an inch....he said their eye level was almost equal but Andre was sporting a fro and that made him seem much taller then he really is....

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2006, 09:31:57 PM »

Well even if someone is 6"4 he still had ~6 inchs on them + he was fat and very wide.
All of that + his hair (lol) made him look HUGE.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2006, 09:51:55 AM »
i was a hardcore Hogan fan - when i was 11 or so he released "Leader of the Gang" and one of the B-sides was a song dedicated to Andre called "Hulkamaniac". Hogan was a legit 6'6, so i would put Andre at 7'1 or 2 at his biggest. Didnt he develop spinal problems because of his size also which made him slouch?
Scouser on Tour

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2006, 10:27:55 AM »
Andre the Giant, dwarfed:

~

(nothing)

• Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2006, 11:37:21 AM »
i was a hardcore Hogan fan - when i was 11 or so he released "Leader of the Gang" and one of the B-sides was a song dedicated to Andre called "Hulkamaniac". Hogan was a legit 6'6, so i would put Andre at 7'1 or 2 at his biggest. Didnt he develop spinal problems because of his size also which made him slouch?

6'4 tops my buddy is slightly over 6 and has a picture with hogan from the late 90's where he looks the same height but my buddy told me that hogan was taller but only by like a couple inches. andre was shorter thatn 7 at his death it was on documentry on tall people a while back.
they claim big show was like 7 something and my step-uncle was on the scene when his wife claimed he hit her and i can't remeber how tall he said he was but it was not even 7.
fat till furthe

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2006, 11:45:42 AM »
A good relative shot is a shot of Arnold, Andre and Wilt Chamberlain that was taken when the second Conan was being filmed. Wilt who was exactly 7'1" was 3 to 4 inches taller than Andre. The shot is somewhere in an old Getbig thread.

The shot. Arnold is really getting dwarfed here.

If chamberlain was 7'1" then andre must be around 6'10" at the time this photo was taken (circa 1983).

His condition did infact cause him to lose height as he aged so its not unreasonable to fathom that early in his career he may of been 7 foot tall.

[img]

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2006, 11:46:31 AM »
More "dede"

[img]

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2006, 11:47:03 AM »
Early shot

[img]

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2006, 11:49:27 AM »
Andre and deborah harry

[img]

ILLICON

• Getbig II
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2006, 06:58:19 PM »
I met hulk back in the day after a wresting event we went to. It was late, all the wrestlers had pretty much left, but we stuck around just in case. Nice guy . He stayed around talking to the fans , signing autographs and giving handshakes. One of the best memories I had of my youth. Still have his autograph. Utmost respect for the guy.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2006, 08:18:26 PM »
Well I am just under 6'1"

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2006, 01:58:35 AM »

looks like you were on the set of "Happy Gilmore"  ;D
Scouser on Tour

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2006, 05:52:29 AM »

Alright we get it, you've taken pictures with people who have been in movies.

Monster Accomplishment

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2006, 01:14:19 PM »
Alright we get it, you've taken pictures with people who have been in movies.

Monster Accomplishment

Yes, but unlike you I was the one people like you would ask to get their picture with.  I have worked with allot more celebrities than I have pics with.  And I very rarely ever asked to take a pic I was asked by them.  See big difference.  Instead of hanging on this board you should goout and try to become something and do something good.  You come on here and try (very badly) to belittle what I have done.  I simple posted a pic of a guy who is easily over 7' tall since the only pics guys like you can pull out is what you find on the computer.  Sorry if I just happen to have them in my collection and I am in the pic also.

And by the way, that isn't Happy GIlmore but a Celebrity Softball game I was invited to play in near San Francisco.  There were allot more famous celebrotes on the team than Richard.  but, that was the organizaer of the event and she wanted a pic with the two biggest guys there.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2006, 01:32:46 PM »
Yes, but unlike you I was the one people like you would ask to get their picture with.  I have worked with allot more celebrities than I have pics with.  And I very rarely ever asked to take a pic I was asked by them.  See big difference.  Instead of hanging on this board you should goout and try to become something and do something good.  You come on here and try (very badly) to belittle what I have done.  I simple posted a pic of a guy who is easily over 7' tall since the only pics guys like you can pull out is what you find on the computer.  Sorry if I just happen to have them in my collection and I am in the pic also.

And by the way, that isn't Happy GIlmore but a Celebrity Softball game I was invited to play in near San Francisco.  There were allot more famous celebrotes on the team than Richard.  but, that was the organizaer of the event and she wanted a pic with the two biggest guys there.
Kieth, very cool pics! most of us really enjoy them so don't stop becuse of an odd hater. as for the Pic with your and richard....holy shit!!! He doesn't seem that big as jaws or in any other film. im sure it was awesome meeting him in real life! take care.
bodybuildersreality.com

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2006, 01:46:06 PM »

again, the problem I have beliving he was 8 inches shorter than claimed has nothing to do with "hyping" his legacy up or hyping up the WWE.

It has to do with the hundreds of pictures of him standing next to people and being significantly taller than them...

take this pic for example, if Andre was 6'10, that means the lady is probaby under 5 feet in height which, for an adult woman, is not that common.

It is much more believable that he was more like 7'4 and she was of a more normal height.

the same exact analogy can be used with wrestlers and commentators too:

if Andre was 8 inches shorter than billed at, that means that everyone else is also 8 inches shorter to keep the relative proportions correct in all the pics and videos.

This is the part I find hard to believe.

anyone else agree?
Flower Boy Ran Away

pushinweightwi

• Getbig III
  • One man's trash, is another man's treasure.BSpears
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2006, 03:36:38 PM »
Ya I agree, I like the idea that he might have shrunk a little over time.

allpumpedup

• Getbig II
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2006, 07:58:21 PM »
they looked 18 and a half tops there.

you guys are crazy.  hogan is a big guy.  you have to realize that although they look like 18 inch or less on a regular man, hogan is much bigger.  I cant say what they are, but they are at least 20."  freakin idiots most of you guys are.  why do you have to doubt everything.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2006, 10:29:32 PM »
Kieth, very cool pics! most of us really enjoy them so don't stop becuse of an odd hater. as for the Pic with your and richard....holy shit!!! He doesn't seem that big as jaws or in any other film. im sure it was awesome meeting him in real life! take care.

Thanks Jr.  On Hogan, I didn;t really read much of this thread just saw pics of tall people.  i trained with Hogan back in 90 or 91 at the World Gym in Waikiki.  He was in town to wrestle.  He was supposed to be with his partner Brutus the Barber Beefcake but he got hurt in a water skiing accident.  I really didn't notice how tall he was.  I do remember he was taller than me but not by a whole lot.  I was looking at his chin about.  I wuld say he was abuot 6'4" to 6'6".  Hard to say exactly.  He was also in flip flops training.  As most of us were.  My brother is 6'6" barefoot so I would say he was about that height in flip flops.

Now Richard weighed 400 in that pic with me.  He said he was 7'4".  In that pic he looks it.  He could barely get around.  That girl wanted her picture so bad with us.  If you notice his visor.  His head was so big the visor didn't even come close to fitting.  He has giant hands.  His wife is really tiny and his son was pretty tall.  Really nice guy with a very deep voice.  I thought he actually died.  This picture was up in my store and someone asked about it.  I told the guy how nice he was and too bad he died.  He said no he didn't. I said I am pretty sure.  Well the guy gets on the phone and calls his sister.  I hear him ask her if Richard died yesterday.  I said no a couple years ago.  He says okay and hangs up.  It appears his sister actually lives next door to Richard and knew him very well and said no he didn't yet.  So I got owned bigtime.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2006, 02:13:51 AM »

check out this pussy, brother!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But seriously, no way they were bigger than 20" at their biggest, and even that is generous.....
HAHA, RON.....