Author Topic: Olympia Press Conference Questions  (Read 16914 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: Olympia Press Conference Questions
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2006, 08:19:17 PM »

Secondly what possible questions could a athlete get answered at the athletes meetings , as you yourself do not have any answers or authority what so ever to deliver a answer as all questions have to be run past JM first , thats if he wants to listen !!,

Wait a fcuking minute.

Is there a censorship in place?

You can't be fcuking serious?

Getting the questions approved by someone before they're asked?

What kind of shit is that?

I don't believe it for a second.

If it's the truth, I hope that all journalists will boycott this event.

Edit: Not only hope, but expect them to boycott it. FLEX, MD, Ironman, Musclemag, bb.com, no media should take part in such bullshit.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2006, 08:20:36 PM »
Jeez Chic you are like a little kid.  Please tell us all you really aren't that stupid.  Pleeeeeeeeeease tell us that.  Cause just about everytime you try to defend your boss you sound so stupid.  Either that or you think we are stupid.  At their "discretion".  That is simple symantics meaning why would they test since testing would ruin them.  They had to put some kind of testing rule to even get in the front door with the IOC.  I am pretty sure they probably told them they would testing and when the IOC found out they don't really test that is why they considered Weider and his proposal to be in the Olympics a bigger joke than they really are.

And what is Horton going to do for work.  Kevin I hope you have neighbors with pets.  At least you can pics of them.  Your job is getting shorter and shorter.

Does that mean in court i can show the tape of Mr Olympia and 6 other top olympians admitting what they take? just asking becasue there are rules  :)

AVBG

« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2006, 08:21:35 PM »
Wait a fcuking minute.

Is there a censorship in place?

You can't be fcuking serious?

What kind of shit is that?

I don't believe it for a second.

YIP
Zack

Total censorship.

Why are you surprised?

The organisers dont want there to be any controversy (that's not staged)

Thats what the IFBB are famous for.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2006, 08:23:19 PM »
What a crock of Shit !!

First last years set up was farcical as no one could ask any questions what so ever and the questions that you asked where totally staged under the watch full eye of Raymond Chang !!
So by your own admission last years joke of a press conference was your fault !!, and they have let you handle it again this year , boy good management !!

Secondly what possible questions could a athlete get answered at the athletes meetings , as you yourself do not have any answers or authority what so ever to deliver a answer as all questions have to be run past JM first , thats if he wants to listen !!, and how could a athlete get answers to questions when the individuals such questions should be directed at are not allowed in the Athletes meetings in the first place !!

It is all just a merry go round of bullshit relay isn't it !!

The press should have the freedom to ask those whom are involved in this event what ever question they wish , it then becomes the choice of the individual that is being asked if they wish to answer or not , but the reason this does not happen because if the press were allowed to ask the questions they wanted they would be kicked out most likely !!

You're talking out of your ass, son...you haven't been around long enough to remember the old, boring-ass press conferences run with Wayne front and center...dodging questions left and right.

I purposely didn't ask the audience any questions, as traditionally...the questions are boring, and most of them were staged by friends/ family of the competitors, anyway.

I specifically went to the press for questions, and they had none. I had to drag a question out of Flex...even Ron will admit that none of the press offered anything in the way of questions...

I did change it around a little this year, to go to the audience at some point in the program with the assistance of my fellow host, Dan Solomon...

If you hate it so much...DON'T GO.

If you want to voice your opinion on other matters...show up at the meeting.

If you wish, I'll put it to vote as to allow officials/ judges, etc. to the next athletes meeting...I personally think it defeats the purpose, but let the majority rule.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2006, 08:25:02 PM »
Oh they did Ron told me on the phone the other day..He might not admit it due to the fact the IFBB and all monitor this site like the CIA over the middle east.

Well it's already known they threatened Ron to take his press pass if he didn't moderate the PDI stuff more.  This is how the IFBB works.  And in reality without guys like Lee they wouldn't have a leg to stand on and they would have NO power.  That's what so funny about the IFBB pros.  They are so stupid including Chic they don't realize they have the upper hand in everything.  Yet they fail to do anything about it.  They kiss ass and embarrass themselves.  NO BALLS.  Lee is so far the only major name that realizes it and so far it has been fine with him.  I really think more guys from the IFBB will be coming over.  I think Horton is getting a job with PETA.

I wish someone like Geraldo or some tough investigative reporter would show up.  I really wish the IRS would show up.  Now wouldn't that be great if they came in and put locks on the door.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2006, 08:25:49 PM »

Edit: Not only hope, but expect them to boycott it. FLEX, MD, Ironman, Musclemag, bb.com, no media should take part in such bullshit.

YIP
Zack

MD has heard you loud and clear, Zack...  they will be boycotting!  ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2006, 08:27:28 PM »
You're talking out of your ass, son...you haven't been around long enough to remember the old, boring-ass press conferences run with Wayne front and center...dodging questions left and right.

I purposely didn't ask the audience any questions, as traditionally...the questions are boring, and most of them were staged by friends/ family of the competitors, anyway.

I specifically went to the press for questions, and they had none. I had to drag a question out of Flex...even Ron will admit that none of the press offered anything in the way of questions...

I did change it around a little this year, to go to the audience at some point in the program with the assistance of my fellow host, Dan Solomon...

If you hate it so much...DON'T GO.

If you want to voice your opinion on other matters...show up at the meeting.

If you wish, I'll put it to vote as to allow officials/ judges, etc. to the next athletes meeting...I personally think it defeats the purpose, but let the majority rule.

Good explanation.

Still, I'd like to know whether or not there is censorship in place, ie if the journalist have to give the question to someone before asking?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2006, 08:29:40 PM »

Because they're NOT ALLOWED to ask the questions they really wanna ask.  ::)  What questions do you expect from them?  "Uhhhhh, yeah, Ronnie?  Uhhhh, champ, do you think you'll win the Olympia again this year?  Have you been training hard?"   ;D

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2006, 08:32:04 PM »
... the old, boring-ass press conferences run with Wayne front and center...dodging questions left and right.

As opposed to the new boring-ass press conferences with Jim Manion hiding in the back in order to dodge questions?

Well, I suppose we can't be too hard on him, after all, he's been nursing the flu for close to eleven months!  ::)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2006, 08:32:44 PM »
The press doesn't have to submit whatever they want to ask...they are free to ask whoever they wish.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2006, 08:33:29 PM »

As opposed to the new boring-ass press conferences with Jim Manion hiding in the back in order to dodge questions?

Well, I suppose we can't be too hard on him, after all, he's been nursing the flu for close to eleven months!  ::)

Ever been to one??

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2006, 08:40:13 PM »
Lee - How does it feel to have HRDCOR's lips permenantly attached to your ass?

Melvin - You talked some serious smack on your Muscle Radio interview. Can the fans expect to see you posing as aqua man again this weekend or have you found a way to finally dry your legs out?

David Henry - Word on the street is you're arrogant and hate Getbig. What gives? Do you have a response for Stan McQuay calling you a bitch?

Dex - Do you really expect us to believe that you only dieted for 5 weeks?

Dex - Rumor has it you want the challenge round to come back this weekend, any truth to that?

Toney - Do you think you've earned the right to be compared to Ronnie this weekend and if so will you be able to hang with the champ?

Ronnie - Lonnie Tepper said he heard that you were behind on your training and took 4 months off. He also said that there is speculation that you're suffering from injuries and he wouldn't be suprised if you didn't win. What do you have to say about that?

Victor - Your trainer has said that you could place second and potentially knock off the champ. Do you think The Chad was right?

Melvin & Darrem - How happy are you guys that Phil Heath didn't the Olympia?

Quincy - Will you be able to redeem yourself and beat Toney Freeman this weekend?

Jay - Melvin said you're a mass monster but he can hang with you from the back and ab shots. Do you think he can hang with you?

Gustavo - Let's see how the midsection is doing this year.

Gunter - Do you think you're better the Toney Freeman?

Rodney - Will you be bringing Kai Greene on to guest pose during your routine?

Dex - Lonnie Tepper said Jay Cutler is too big and the only one who could be Ronnie. Do you agree with that?

Branch - You were eigth last year, how are you any better then that this year?

Melvin -  You said you were going to upper cut someone at this show and knock 'em out. Who's that going to be and are you going to put your money where your mouth is this weekend?

Gunter - John Romano said you've seen your day in the sun, do you agree with him?

Jay - Are you worried about being compared to Dexter and Victor?

John Romano doesn't think that the mandate hasn't been followed this year. Do you guys agree with that - open to anyone.

Question for the emcee - Bob Chic where do you think you could have placed against these guys?

Mustafa - What was up with you not finishing last week and will you walk off stage if you don't get good callouts this weekend?

Jay - Why did you say you'd shave your head if you loose?

Dex - Melvin thinks your rear lat spread is sup par, what do you think about his comment?

Bill Willmore - Being the rookie up there, do you think you will get the callouts this weekend?

Dennis James - Do you wish you could hold the contest in Milos' gym with your tank top on?

Darrem - Do you think you and Melvin will get compared this year and if so can you beat the Marvelous one?

Vince Taylor - Do you think you're a better poser then Melvin Anthony?

Elevate Your Image.™

AVBG

« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2006, 08:45:36 PM »
Lee - How does it feel to have HRDCOR's lips permenantly attached to your ass?

Melvin - You talked some serious smack on your Muscle Radio interview. Can the fans expect to see you posing as aqua man again this weekend or have you found a way to finally dry your legs out?

David Henry - Word on the street is you're arrogant and hate Getbig. What gives? Do you have a response for Stan McQuay calling you a bitch?

Dex - Do you really expect us to believe that you only dieted for 5 weeks?

Dex - Rumor has it you want the challenge round to come back this weekend, any truth to that?

Melvin & Darrem - How happy are you guys that Phil Heath didn't the Olympia?

Gustavo - Let's see how the midsection is doing this year.

Rodney - Will you be bringing Kai Greene on to guest pose during your routine?

Question for the emcee - Bob Chic where do you think you could have placed against these guys?

Dennis James - Do you wish you could hold the contest in Milos' gym with your tank top on?

Vince Taylor - Do you think you're a better poser then Melvin Anthony?

Isaac, these are the funniest questions.. I hope they get asked.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2006, 08:48:34 PM »

Isaac, these are the funniest questions.. I hope they get asked.
8)

Dan and Bob - my questions have been submitted. Let's see something other then paint dry at this year!
Elevate Your Image.™

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2006, 08:59:09 PM »
Question for any competitor:  "What do you think of Vince Goodrum's triumphant return to the stage at the 2006 NPC Mountaineer, where he placed 2nd in a 2-man junior class?"

Dan Solomon

• Getbig II
  • PBW
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2006, 09:02:38 PM »
8)

Dan and Bob - my questions have been submitted. Let's see something other then paint dry at this year!

Isaac....not to worry.  We are ENCOURAGING the media to actively participate in the press conference.  Which means that YOU can personally ask EVERY question thats on your list. -- If there is something that you want to ask....step to the mic and ask away. - This invitation is extended to all media in attendance!

one1234

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2006, 09:14:37 PM »
DAN,CHICK:

Can we watch the press conference via webcast?

Thanks
one

Isaac....not to worry.  We are ENCOURAGING the media to actively participate in the press conference.  Which means that YOU can personally ask EVERY question thats on your list. -- If there is something that you want to ask....step to the mic and ask away. - This invitation is extended to all media in attendance!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2006, 09:17:27 PM »
Good question...You need to direct it to Flex Wheeler, as hardbodies entertainment has rights to the webcast.

Unfortunately, because of that exclusivity...BB.com could not bring you the Press conference via webcast.

They may very well be webcasting....anyone?

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2006, 09:25:47 PM »

This wouldnt be brought about because so many thought last years press conferance was a joke would it  :-\

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2006, 09:28:11 PM »
Ron, I heard we will be able to see the press confrence live on the net, is it true ?

No, as far as I know, it will not be on the webcast. I am hoping that Hardbody Entertainment will videotape it and show the highlights, and I dont think we will see it on the webcast. But we will all report about it.

Ask them which ones are coming to the PDI when they realize the IFBB is going down.

Why? If there was a PDI press conference, should I ask those athletes about the IFBB? No. Questions are for the competitors, this is their day. I want questions directed to the competitors.

Ask the competitors what they thought of the Mr Getbig contest.

Why? Where they in it? Did they qualify through it? Again - this is their press conference. I want questions about them. Give me good questions already. And thanks for the few of you that already emailed some - will try to use them.

ask them if they are happy with the job that Boc Chic is doing as their Rep

Good question - for the Athletes meeting, not the press conference.

"do you feel points should be deducted for a distended stomach....so much to the point where it would affect a top 5 placing"

Ecellent question. Someone was reading my original post. Bravo!

why do you feel Lee Priest needed to be suspended for competing in the NOC, when every IFBB representative has said publicly that the PDI is 'inconsequential' and 'no threat' to the IFBB? SOOOOOOOO UMMMMMM WHERES LEE ?

Again - who cares. Not relevant to a competitor. If Lee is on that stage, lots of questions will be directed towards him - if he is not, then they wont be. Not to say I wont ask Lee questions when I see him, after all, I will hound him until I get all the pictures I want, Lee will tell you that.

Anybody here from Titus? I hear he's in town

Yes, we have. Some of us have even visited him. But no 'interview' story... sorry.

Why are the male bodybuilders allowed to hike up their trunks up their asses while the fitness women are not?

I think that fitness women should be allowed to do that too... why not. But unfortunately, the standards of the conservative moment doesnt appreciate it.

And wasnt this meant to be the format last year (open pressforum) but it was squashed under the watchfull of Mr Chang !!

Actually, we could of asked questions. But the members of the press are too chicken to be in the spotlight. I know last year I was. Didn't want to go up there and ask question in front of everybody. But this year I will. Robin was disappointed that only Flex Wheeler asked one question, and the rest of us press were quiet.

Why are you wasting your time here? You know damn well Ronnie could show up looking like Vince Goodrum and he'd still get the Sandow!"

Ronnier: Who writes the columns and articles that are signed with your name in FLEX?, What do you feel you have accomplished as an representative for the bodybuilding community?

First question is a mixture of Ronnie and a writer. Ronnie usually says what he wants to say, a writer writes it. Most columns of sports athletes are written this way. Second question is what I am looking for.

What will you do if you become champion. How will you represent bodybuilding

Excellent question!! More of these

I can ask any question I want. But I want them relevant to the athletes.

Well it's already known they threatened Ron to take his press pass if he didn't moderate the PDI stuff more. This is how the IFBB works. If they really tried to pressure Ron to censor PDI info or opinions on his board, that shows you just how pathetic the people running the IFBB really are

PDI can discuss as much as they want on the boards - does it look like it was moderated. What people were concerned with, on both sides, is the hateful bashing on various people. That needed to be stopped! Calling people various names, with lewd pictures, and downright lies is wrong, and yes, people didnt like it. Dont want it on Manion, dont want it on DeMilia, dont want it on McGough, don't want it on Blechman. But outright taking my press pass away. No - it never came to that. But do I need a press pass to report to events? No. I havent had a press pass from the NPC in three years, that doesnt stop anything. Promoters are kind so I didnt need to ask for one.

Ecellent questions, Isaac. You can now actually go up and say some of them!

Question for any competitor: "What do you think of Vince Goodrum's triumphant return to the stage at the 2006 NPC Mountaineer, where he placed 2nd in a 2-man junior class?"

In the terms of the Olympia, who cares about Vince Goodrum. Again, questions for the competitors that are good ones.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2006, 09:29:49 PM »
Good question...You need to direct it to Flex Wheeler, as hardbodies entertainment has rights to the webcast.

Unfortunately, because of that exclusivity...BB.com could not bring you the Press conference via webcast.

They may very well be webcasting....anyone?
Unless things have changed - no, it will not be webcast.

http://www.getbig.com/olympiaweekend/2006/hardbodyent06.htm

Elevate Your Image.™

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2006, 10:00:34 PM »
Ok Ron since you PM,d me and asked nicly here are some serious questions for the athletes to ask !!

To Jay; You have been runner up now for a number of years , what have you done different this year that may get you into the number one spot !!

To Ronnie : You have been the champ for a long time what kkeps you motivated and focused after all these years !!

To Victor : You have been touted as the next possible Mr O , but the judges havnt seen it that way so far , what are you hopeing to present to them this year that will change there minds !!

To Gustavo, Last year you seemed to have got you structure and conditioning down pat, have you improved on this and do you think you will place higher this year ??

To Darrem, last year you had a bad run of call outs and or lack off , if you had a question to the judges in regards to this what would it be so you could be seen more !! ??

To Gunter , All know you have the size and the ablity to bet any one on there day , but tommorrow what will be different about gunter ??

To Branch , we all know you have the wheels to take on any ones but do you think you have the rest to take on the best and place higher this year ??

To Melvin ; as a athlete that places just out of the top 5 in the O , what do you have to do mentally and physicaly to rectivy this happening ??

To all the Guys ,Open Question, are you content with the 2 day format of competting and what do you have to do different to hold condition over this period !!? is water a major issue here for you guys ??

To all the Guys, would you rather see the Olympia a s a travling global show or are you happy with it staying in Vegas ??

Thats a start I will think of more when i get back from the gym (yesss i go to the gym !!!!)

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2006, 10:01:45 PM »
And what is Horton going to do for work.  Kevin I hope you have neighbors with pets.  At least you can pics of them.  Your job is getting shorter and shorter.

No need to be concerned about me Keith. In fact, if I am able to reduce my workload over the next couple of years it could benefit you. I may move to your area and you can valet my cars and mow the lawn. I'll pay you more than you currently get for handing out flyers for the local gym. You are still in marketing aren't you?
Any chance of getting a T-Shirt? I'll arrange my own delivery though.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2006, 10:31:27 PM »
HRDCOR, much appreciated and thanks for your contribution.

Please, others seriously ask...

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2006, 10:58:19 PM »
HRDCOR, much appreciated and thanks for your contribution.

Please, others seriously ask...

Hopefully you're able to transform most of these questions into open ended questions, avoiding the yes/no answers.

Anyways, here are some more:

Question for Darrem Charles:
Given your previous experience with the judging, why do you compete in Mr Olympia?

Question for Dennis Wolfe:
What do you think about Kamali beating you at the Montreal Pro?

Question for Dennis James and Ronnie Coleman:
Guys, how does the "no-gut" judging policy affect your preparation?

Question for Johnnie O Jackson:
There's been talk regarding your lifts, why don't you set us straight: Tell us a little about your best lifts recorded in the gym.

Follow up question to Ronnie Coleman:
JOJ issued a strength challenge to you awhile back. What do you say about that?

(then hopefully Cicherillo can follow that up with good questions and get somehing... GOING ON!!!)

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise