Author Topic: Great dieting strategy....if you can afford it  (Read 4202 times)

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
Great dieting strategy....if you can afford it
« on: September 25, 2006, 06:33:31 PM »
I'm getting ready for my first show, and have the best dieting strategy ever. 
I work at a GNC, and was thinking....since glutamine isn't absorbed, and therefore is useless, I'll just take a ton of it to keep me from being hungry. 

The manager is my good friend, so he let me take a bunch of glutamine tubs from the back. 

I've been having over 500g of glutamine a day.  I just mix a bunch with crystal light.  So, it's like a huge protein drink that keeps me full all day.  I haven't been hungry the entire diet.  If I ever get hungry, and it's not time to eat, I just load up about 3 scoops (protein scoops, not glutamine scoops) of glutamine and mix with crystal light.  Viola....hunger gone!
Y

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: Great dieting strategy....if you can afford it
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 06:37:18 PM »
What do you mean it's not absorbed?  It's an amino acid, why wouldn't it be absorbed?

Secondly, has anyone ever investigated whether there are any adverse effects of consuming that much glutamine?  How does it feel to be a human guinea pig?  ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 06:39:26 PM »
I work at a GNC, and was thinking....since glutamine isn't absorbed, and therefore is useless, I'll just take a ton of it to keep me from being hungry. 

The manager is my good friend, so he let me take a bunch of glutamine tubs from the back. 

I've been having over 500g of glutamine a day.  I just mix a bunch with crystal light.  So, it's like a huge protein drink that keeps me full all day.  I haven't been hungry the entire diet.  If I ever get hungry, and it's not time to eat, I just load up about 3 scoops (protein scoops, not glutamine scoops) of glutamine and mix with crystal light.  Viola....hunger gone!

so you drink glutamine/crystal light shakes all day...thats your pre contest diet strategy?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 06:43:47 PM »

Of course it's absorbed.

It's protein.

LMFAO. You're funny.

Lemme suggest another strategy: drop down on the glutamine to a VERY moderate 200 grams LMFAO... or perhaps try a protein powder instead. Then eat tons of vegetables such as broccoli and spinach instead.

You crazy son'bitch. LMFAO.

Note to myself: Never ask the clerks at GNC for advice about anything. They know jack shit.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 06:44:40 PM »
Stay off all rec drugs & 'roids too.
Team Goodrum!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 06:46:26 PM »
Stay off all rec drugs & 'roids too.

Cocaine and 'roids:  great dieting combo!   (if you're white trash, just substitute meth for the coke)  ::)

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 06:48:38 PM »
Why does everyone say that glutamine is useless in oral form then?  They all say it's not absorbed.  

So, it is absorbed then?  

Why do people say it is useless?  
Y

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2006, 06:49:27 PM »

you are the epitomy of stupidity.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2006, 06:51:26 PM »
you are the epitomy of stupidity.

epitome.....

And why?
Y

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2006, 06:51:53 PM »
Why does everyone say that glutamine is useless in oral form then?  They all say it's not absorbed. 

So, it is absorbed then? 

Why do people say it is useless? 

Like everything else you sell at GNC, it is useless.  That doesn't mean the substance doesn't get absorbed by your body.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 06:54:28 PM »
Like everything else you sell at GNC, it is useless.  That doesn't mean the substance doesn't get absorbed by your body.

Why is it useless?

Seems people here love to dish out insults, but don't seem to be able to back up any of them. 

Tell me exactly why it is useless, and I'll stop laughing that you spelled "epitome" wrong.

Y

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2006, 06:57:18 PM »
Tell me exactly why it is useless, and I'll stop laughing that you spelled "epitome" wrong.

Not only is it useless, but you're clueless.

Where did I use the word "epitome" in any of my posts?  ::)

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2006, 07:00:28 PM »
Not only is it useless, but you're clueless.

Where did I use the word "epitome" in any of my posts?  ::)

Again, WHY is it useless? 

I'm assuming you're just saying this because you saw someone (who you assumed to be more knowlegable than you) write it.  Correct? 

WHY is it useless? 

You can't answer it, because you don't know.  So, go find a thread on ass spelunking where your input will be valued.
Y

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2006, 07:04:16 PM »
glutamine is absorbed but he's right on it curbing hunger, big time.
It sure kills my appetite for carbs

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 07:04:42 PM »
500mg of Glutamine?! Wow you sir are a moron

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2006, 07:08:21 PM »
500mg of Glutamine?! Wow you sir are a moron

Why am I a moron? 

Seems everyone here is quick to call me a moron....but slow to support their claims. 

As of now, two things stand as fact:
1.  It is claimed that glutamine is useless.

2.  NO ONE can tell me why. 

Y

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2006, 07:10:39 PM »

Why am I a moron? 

Seems everyone here is quick to call me a moron....but slow to support their claims. 

As of now, two things stand as fact:
1.  It is claimed that glutamine is useless.

2.  NO ONE can tell me why. 

Because you are overdosing on something that hasn't been studied at that level you fucking idiot! Is common sense a foreign concept to you? I can't believe that stupid people like you still exist.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2006, 07:14:06 PM »
Because you are overdosing on something that hasn't been studied at that level you fucking idiot! Is common sense a foreign concept to you? I can't believe that stupid people like you still exist.

"Eight short bowel patients were randomised in a double blind crossover study between placebo and growth hormone with oral (mean 280 g/day) and parenteral glutamine (mean 502 g/day) for 28 days. Balance studies were performed at baseline and five days after placebo and treatment were terminated. Dietary energy, carbohydrate, and fat were maintained as usual."

"During exceptionally severe stress, supplementing with glutamine (in the hospital setting, doses as high as 200-400 g may be used) can be a matter of life or death."

Okay, my doses have been studied, as proof above. 

Now, tell me why I am a moron.
Y

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2006, 07:16:46 PM »

Cocaine and 'roids:  great dieting combo!   (if you're white trash, just substitute meth for the coke)  ::)

One problem.  If the electricity is off in yer trailer, you can't cook meth up.  And theres no gas lines, cuz of the hurricanes which hit every summer.  This is why prescription drugs are such great moneymakers down here.  Docs don't make any $ because such a large % of population is on state provided dirt poor health care. So, the docs cut a deal with pharmacists, they overprescribe, get a kickback to make their own boat payments, and the streets become flooded with soma and roxys.  Monster overdoses round these parts this year.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2006, 07:22:20 PM »
This is why prescription drugs are such great moneymakers down here.  Docs don't make any $ because such a large % of population is on state provided dirt poor health care. So, the docs cut a deal with pharmacists, they overprescribe, get a kickback to make their own boat payments, and the streets become flooded with soma and roxys. 

Really?

Score me a few bottles of oxycodone or hydrocodone, and I'll buy a $300 website from you.  Not that I need a $300 website or anything, but we'll make it a Vince Goodrum tribute or something!  ;D

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2006, 07:26:54 PM »
"Eight short bowel patients were randomised in a double blind crossover study between placebo and growth hormone with oral (mean 280 g/day) and parenteral glutamine (mean 502 g/day) for 28 days. Balance studies were performed at baseline and five days after placebo and treatment were terminated. Dietary energy, carbohydrate, and fat were maintained as usual."

"During exceptionally severe stress, supplementing with glutamine (in the hospital setting, doses as high as 200-400 g may be used) can be a matter of life or death."

Okay, my doses have been studied, as proof above. 

Now, tell me why I am a moron.

You're not a moron, you are a stupid fuck

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2006, 07:51:48 PM »
See this is why i dont shop at GNC. People like this work there.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2006, 07:58:16 PM »
Score me a few bottles of oxycodone or hydrocodone, and I'll buy a $300 website from you.  Not that I need a $300 website or anything, but we'll make it a Vince Goodrum tribute or something!  ;D

Didn't you hear?  Vince is actually taking a vacation.  He is going to mexico. 

Going out of country to Mexico to take care of some business ( vacation) in case anyone wonders where I am so access via internet will be limited.  Problably won't be back for awhile so someone else I trust will be running the business.  Catch you later on the flip side.....

he wrote me this morning.  Wanted me to let the getbig know.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2006, 07:58:51 PM »
Also, he wanted me to make it clear to Ron.

He wants his competitor stars.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2006, 08:05:26 PM »
Also, he wanted me to make it clear to Ron.

He wants his competitor stars.

I just checked godaddy...    vincegoodrum.com is AVAILABLE.  ;D