Author Topic: PETA upset at Six Flags Event  (Read 2888 times)

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
PETA upset at Six Flags Event
« on: September 26, 2006, 05:12:40 AM »
PETA Upset at Six Flags Roach Contest
AP
GURNEE, Ill. (Sept. 25) - People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants Six Flags Great America to scrap its Halloween-themed cockroach-eating promotion.

A spokeswoman for the animal rights organization says the contest at the amusement park's FrightFest is "gratuitously cruel."

The park in Gurnee, Ill., is joining other Six Flags parks in offering unlimited line-jumping privileges to anyone who eats a live Madagascar hissing cockroach. The bugs are up to three inches long.

The contest begins next month.

Amusement park officials are defending their menu choice. Great America spokesman Jim Taylor says the bugs are nutritious, high in protein and fat free.

For the reasons above, I say we support anyone who wants to eat a nutritious meal. ;D Fuck PETA!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: PETA upset at Six Flags Event
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 05:33:06 AM »
These PETA people are nuts. They don't care about people at all. I don't get it. To them a cockroach is more important than a human.
The House that Ruth built

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 05:54:10 AM »
I am sorry but I am unable to get upset over a cockroach being maltreated ::)

Purge_WTF

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 05:58:46 AM »
  Did anyone see that "Penn & Teller: Bullsh*t" episode about those fruit-loops? They're terrorists, as far as I'm concerned.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 05:59:32 AM »
PETA is a wacked out organization. They liken the killing of some animals to the holocaust. They refer to "pets" as companions and strongly advise not to "cage" up any pet or chain them down. They deem this as cruel. As well as any use of animals for food.
I'm for animal protection, but not for animal "rights".

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 06:00:37 AM »
  Did anyone see that "Penn & Teller: Bullsh*t" episode about those fruit-loops? They're terrorists, as far as I'm concerned.
Yeah, I even read up more on PETA and even called there to "consult" them on animal rights. Whacked out.

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 06:10:06 AM »
I wonder who's more stupid, the people wanting to eat live cockroaches or the people thinking it's cruel to do so

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 06:38:53 AM »
Sometimes certain organizations go to extremes just to get even half-assed results. In this case it's PETA's in-your-face antics that makes the news and gets the message out there.  Besides, they aren't all that bad... they did bring us RunningoftheNudes.   :)

http://www.runningofthenudes.com/

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 06:52:54 AM »
Sometimes certain organizations go to extremes just to get even half-assed results. In this case it's PETA's in-your-face antics that makes the news and gets the message out there.  Besides, they aren't all that bad... they did bring us RunningoftheNudes.   :)

http://www.runningofthenudes.com/

They even protest the Oscar Meyer Weener Mobile. These people need to get lives.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 07:05:23 AM »
Weiner Mobile?   ;D

Oscar Meyer is a big producer of meat products. They protest the slaughter of animals. Fair game for them.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 07:21:41 AM »
Weiner Mobile?   ;D

Oscar Meyer is a big producer of meat products. They protest the slaughter of animals. Fair game for them.

DeeDee, when the weiner mobile goes places they have disrupted events that little kids attend. They have in the past upset small children with their antics.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 07:23:18 AM »
Weiner Mobile?   ;D

I can't spell for the life of me. Thats why I got a degree in physical education. Mostly just gut courses.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 07:32:39 AM »
Oh I'm not saying it's right or wrong... (personally I don't think people should be feeding young children hot dogs and bologna sandwiches.  :P  So really what Oscar Meyer is doing is just as bad IMHO.) I just understand why they do it. Also Bmac, remember, PETA isn't made up entirely of old hippie radicals.  A good number of them are young and trying to make a change for their generation.  

ps.  I wasn't laughing at the spelling. I just find the idea of a "Wiener Mobile" kind of funny.  But Weener is even better... :)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 07:55:03 AM »
Oh I'm not saying it's right or wrong... (personally I don't think people should be feeding young children hot dogs and bologna sandwiches.  :P  So really what Oscar Meyer is doing is just as bad IMHO.) I just understand why they do it. Also Bmac, remember, PETA isn't made up entirely of old hippie radicals.  A good number of them are young and trying to make a change for their generation.  

ps.  I wasn't laughing at the spelling. I just find the idea of a "Wiener Mobile" kind of funny.  But Weener is even better... :)

My kids love hotdogs, bologna and stuff like that. They love snack food. They do it in moderation while I will have like 8 hotdogs. As far as the PETA people- they don't believe in zoo's, hunting, wearing of fur, any eating of meat etc... and they push their views on everybody. But they don't seem to give a shit if a mall is built in what was once a part of the dwindling habitat for these same animals? I don't get it.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2006, 08:01:43 AM »
PETA Upset at Six Flags Roach Contest
AP
GURNEE, Ill. (Sept. 25) - People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants Six Flags Great America to scrap its Halloween-themed cockroach-eating promotion.

A spokeswoman for the animal rights organization says the contest at the amusement park's FrightFest is "gratuitously cruel."

The park in Gurnee, Ill., is joining other Six Flags parks in offering unlimited line-jumping privileges to anyone who eats a live Madagascar hissing cockroach. The bugs are up to three inches long.

The contest begins next month.

Amusement park officials are defending their menu choice. Great America spokesman Jim Taylor says the bugs are nutritious, high in protein and fat free.

For the reasons above, I say we support anyone who wants to eat a nutritious meal. ;D f**k PETA!

I bet if these morons get cockroaches or any bugs in their houses they spray them with RAID! Fucking hipocrates!

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 08:14:50 AM »
fuck PETA and fuck cockroaches. bunch of whiney bitches complain about everything. If you don't like being eaten evolve into something higher or die.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2006, 08:18:33 AM »
f**k PETA and f**k cockroaches. bunch of whiney bitches complain about everything. If you don't like being eaten evolve into something higher or die.

ahahahah!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2006, 08:21:53 AM »
Man, I saw a cockroach that had to be 4" long the other day at Penn Station. It was about to crawl on some sleeping homeless guy when I smushed it. I could literally feel it crunch. That was awesome! I taught that fucker a lesson it won't soon forget.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2006, 08:22:47 AM »
I really need to emigrate to the land of unicorns and goodness and light.  :'(

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2006, 08:26:46 AM »

You know DeeDee, that homeless guy could have made a good meal out that cockroach. Maybe he planned on trapping it for his dinner! ;)

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2006, 08:26:56 AM »
I bet if these morons get cockroaches or any bugs in their houses they spray them with RAID! Fucking hipocrates!

No shit, those crybaby whiners would feel a lot better if they'd just suck my peta already.  

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2006, 08:29:01 AM »

I thought you lived there already? ???

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2006, 08:35:48 AM »
I thought you lived there already? ???

LOL... only in my head.  :)

(Although I'm more of an SPCA kind of person, I must be crazy to argue even a small point in favor of PETA on this man-board.  :P )

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2006, 10:46:13 AM »
I wonder if the horn on a unicorn is edible? ;D

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2006, 11:22:32 AM »
I wonder if the horn on a unicorn is edible? ;D

Bastardo! All bastardos... >:(