Author Topic: Liver tabs  (Read 4613 times)

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Liver tabs
« on: September 27, 2006, 09:24:13 AM »
Does anyone use those Liver tablets?? Has funny name begins with D?

lol

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
Re: Liver tabs
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 10:52:55 AM »
Dessicated Liver tabs

On workout nights I take twenty throughout the night.  Great old school supplement.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 11:04:08 AM »
Dessicated Liver tabs

On workout nights I take twenty throughout the night.  Great old school supplement.
20?? is that much needed??
bodybuildersreality.com

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 11:12:47 AM »
20?? is that much needed??

I use it as a nightime protein source to stave off catabolism (ideal, no carbs, no fat, minimal calories).  From what I can tell from my research (unfortunately, the labeldoes not provide the nutritional information), each tab provides 1/2 gram of protein, so it's only an intake of 10g of protein.  I also  in about eight aminos, which add another 10g of protein.

Blued

• Getbig I
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 01:21:04 PM »
I love dessicated liver tabs.  I use Universal brand (only other brand I've found are Swiss brand) two tabs are 14 calories and 3.2 grams protein.  Real food in an easy form.  Only drawbacks are they are huge pills, tough to swallow and they are hard to find in the stores sometimes, should be easy to get online.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 01:25:11 PM »
I use it as a nightime protein source to stave off catabolism (ideal, no carbs, no fat, minimal calories).  From what I can tell from my research (unfortunately, the labeldoes not provide the nutritional information), each tab provides 1/2 gram of protein, so it's only an intake of 10g of protein.  I also  in about eight aminos, which add another 10g of protein.
why not take a shake or eat a can of tuna??
bodybuildersreality.com

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 01:37:49 PM »
I usually take about 10 Universal Liver Tabs every day. They're a good source of protein & B Vitamins.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 03:37:38 PM »
So u guys that take them, do u also take other supps, or r u using these instead?
I have heard sum good reports on there benifits on strength/size increases?!

davie

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 05:11:00 PM »
i take 4 at wake up, 4 pre workout, 4 post and 4 before sleep... cheap and effective supplement

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006, 05:37:37 PM »
So u guys that take them, do u also take other supps, or r u using these instead?

I still take a multi vitamin but  I just don't take a B-Complex anymore.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2006, 03:49:04 AM »
I still take a multi vitamin but  I just don't take a B-Complex anymore.

Thanks guys i might throw them in the diet and see what there like. Did u ever notice a difference if u stopped taking them for any length of time?

davie

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2006, 09:05:48 AM »
why not take a shake or eat a can of tuna??

1. Convenience, having the tabs pre-counted on my bedside table, I can toss them down and get right back to sleep rather than fumbling around with a shake (I used to spill quite a few),same deal with tuna

2.  Liver tabs are cheap and an efficient source of protein per calorie, with no carbs like you would get with a shake and no fat, which makes it a better nighttime protein source than anything else I can think of

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2006, 09:27:56 AM »
1. Convenience, having the tabs pre-counted on my bedside table, I can toss them down and get right back to sleep rather than fumbling around with a shake (I used to spill quite a few),same deal with tuna

2.  Liver tabs are cheap and an efficient source of protein per calorie, with no carbs like you would get with a shake and no fat, which makes it a better nighttime protein source than anything else I can think of

Plus, I don't know if this is worthy of a # 3, but I highly respect some of the old time guys like Dave Draper who touted the liver tabs and took them by the handful.

Blued

• Getbig I
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2006, 10:30:21 AM »
I have heard sum good reports on there benifits on strength/size increases?!

davie

I don't take a B complex anymore other than that my supplements are the same.  I do feel better when I'm taking liver tabs, can't say I've had any strength/size gains I can attribute to liver, I just look on it as a good source of protein and vitamins.  I don't eat much red meat so they replace that as well for me. 

Blued

• Getbig I
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2006, 10:33:22 AM »

I agree with MidniteRambo on this.  I like the old school aspect of it as well, Vince Gironda (sp?) was big on dessicated liver.

Let us know how you like them, if you try them.

mar10s

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2006, 10:21:44 AM »
I take about 9 of Universals Liver Tabs a day.  You can try to look for them on easypricematch.com.  If you get some...when you open it up...stick your nose in there and get a big whiff...mmmmm!!!!!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2006, 01:00:48 PM »
The absolute best Liver tabs on the market by far are made by Beverly.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2006, 01:22:21 PM »
I usually take about 10 Universal Liver Tabs every day. They're a good source of protein & B Vitamins.

In the hopes of getting my iron levels up, I tried using these, but..

they're just too damn big.  :(  If it were a matter of a few a day, I'd manage, but with the umpteen other "pills", it's just too too much.

I just got my blood results back and my B12 was off the charts (high)  :o  Gotta look into whether that's a problem.  :-\
:

topdog

• Getbig II
  • I'm a big P.I.M.P
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2006, 12:11:57 PM »
is it neccessary to take liver tablets?  I just take supplements, should I add that to my routine?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2006, 12:15:05 PM »
Back in the late 70's and early 80's we were taking 40 to 60 tabs a day.  I remember going to lunch with Waller, Pearson and Perry and I swear between all of us we had 150 tabs on the table.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2006, 01:02:42 PM »

In the hopes of getting my iron levels up, I tried using these, but..

they're just too damn big.  :(  If it were a matter of a few a day, I'd manage, but with the umpteen other "pills", it's just too too much.

I just got my blood results back and my B12 was off the charts (high)  :o  Gotta look into whether that's a problem.  :-\

i dont think high b12 levels are a big deal...

pushinweightwi

• Getbig III
  • One man's trash, is another man's treasure.BSpears
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2006, 05:49:02 PM »
We have a customer who goes thru 2 of the 500ct tubs of these a week and he swear by them.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2006, 07:11:50 PM »
The absolute best Liver tabs on the market by far are made by Beverly.
Agreed

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2006, 12:01:48 AM »
There was so much hype about these in the 70's----I used to take a ton of them (Chew em up and swallow them with water). I never felt that I got any benefit from them (at least not physically on the outside--perhaps internally it was helping my system, but saw no muscle gains from it ).

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2006, 09:35:13 AM »
Okay, since I was talking about them on another post today, here is a fantastic post from another site which tells you everything you would ever want to know regarding the subject, including the poster's review and experiments with different brands.

http://www.davedraper.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=Product&Number=98679&page=0&fpart=all