Author Topic: Sean Penn-absolutely pathetic  (Read 1448 times)

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
Sean Penn-absolutely pathetic
« on: September 27, 2006, 06:53:13 PM »
I was initially interested in seeing the new version of "All the Kings Men" coming out.  I read the book a coupel years back and really enjoyed it and have read a good deal about the extraordinary man Huey Long.  So I was a lil excited about the possibilities of this movie. 

However, on the radio I heard of clip of Sean Penn giving a speech in the movie and it was so atrocious.  His pathetic attempt at a southern accent was insulting to anyone who would pay 10 bucks to see a movie.  Seriously, do they even practice anymore.  Or is he too busy saving the country from nazism to practice?  I saw a clip on YouTube and it was just appalling.  I saw the 49 version, that was some good acting.  But seriously, did any of you guys see any of these clips or the actual movie?  Pathetic.  I used to think he was a good actor too. 

I really thought this could have been a great movie...a interesting story line adn characters etc etc.  But no wonder it flopped.
Valhalla awaits.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
Re: Sean Penn-absolutely pathetic
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 07:52:08 PM »
I was initially interested in seeing the new version of "All the Kings Men" coming out.  I read the book a coupel years back and really enjoyed it and have read a good deal about the extraordinary man Huey Long.  So I was a lil excited about the possibilities of this movie. 

However, on the radio I heard of clip of Sean Penn giving a speech in the movie and it was so atrocious.  His pathetic attempt at a southern accent was insulting to anyone who would pay 10 bucks to see a movie.  Seriously, do they even practice anymore.  Or is he too busy saving the country from nazism to practice?  I saw a clip on YouTube and it was just appalling.  I saw the 49 version, that was some good acting.  But seriously, did any of you guys see any of these clips or the actual movie?  Pathetic.  I used to think he was a good actor too. 

I really thought this could have been a great movie...a interesting story line adn characters etc etc.  But no wonder it flopped.

have to agree w you on all counts.  i was looking forward to the movie as i'm a fan of the book, but the previews turned me off.

If you go to the LA state capitol, they still have the bullets that passed through Long's body in the wall. I'm surprised no one's tried to pry em out . . .

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 07:55:25 PM »
captain corellis mandolin > all the kings men

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 07:28:17 AM »
There are many involved who think he wasn't assasinated by Dr. Weiss but was accidently shot by his own bodyguards during his scuffle with Dr. Weiss.

I think his last words were something to the tune of " But I have so much left to do.."

I wonder if he could have beat FDR andhow the country would be if it happened.  So many What ifs
Valhalla awaits.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 02:57:20 PM »
There are many involved who think he wasn't assasinated by Dr. Weiss but was accidently shot by his own bodyguards during his scuffle with Dr. Weiss.

I think his last words were something to the tune of " But I have so much left to do.."

I wonder if he could have beat FDR andhow the country would be if it happened.  So many What ifs

i think we were much better off w FD--he seemed more intelligent. . . . Long relied too much on charisma for my liking.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 06:50:10 AM »
yeah, but i mean just to see it play out.
Valhalla awaits.