Author Topic: Should we enforce ourselves on............................  (Read 1054 times)

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
Should we enforce ourselves on............................
« on: September 28, 2006, 02:16:52 PM »
Countries that are in effect speeding up Global Warming?

I bring this up because with the reported rising of CO2 in the atmosphere, and a lot of it not being absorbed by greenery that is being clear-cut, that these countries could put the World in a major climate change.

By no means am I a tree hugger, nor a extreme enviromentalist. I ask this question because many rights activists do not want the US enforcing itself around the World, however a lot of these activists want the US to influence these countries to stop cutting down forests on their own land.

Economically for some countries, it would obviously hurt them, but with the "Global Warming" fear and change of World climate, shouldn't it the agenda of the US to protect this from happening?

I know some here will debate that the US is 25% responsible for the CO2 emmissions of the World, but that's not what I am asking here. That can be another thread. Just your thoughts on the clear cutting of forests outside of the US.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
Re: Should we enforce ourselves on............................
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 02:22:52 PM »
china is by far the worst
Valhalla awaits.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 02:34:20 PM »
china's not going to be amenable to our agenda, or anyone else's, for that matter. they have far too many infrastructure projects going on . . . but they are getting better. I've actually been to China briefly, and air pollution was a huge problem in the major cities I visited. people would ride around on bikes and mopeds w surgical masks on. i think they know they need to be better.

We have plenty that we can do at home . . . glad to see California leading the way.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 02:12:42 AM »
china's not going to be amenable to our agenda, or anyone else's, for that matter. they have far too many infrastructure projects going on . . . but they are getting better. I've actually been to China briefly, and air pollution was a huge problem in the major cities I visited. people would ride around on bikes and mopeds w surgical masks on. i think they know they need to be better.

Was this trip to China during 2003?

We have plenty that we can do at home . . . glad to see California leading the way.

Wow, we actually agree on something.  :)
w

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 03:58:46 AM »
No, the US should not enforce itself on other nations because they want to cut down their own freakin trees.