Author Topic: What the hell happened to Jay's waist  (Read 5577 times)

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
What the hell happened to Jay's waist
« on: September 30, 2006, 02:56:20 AM »
From Bodybuilding.com:

This is very bad....he lost all of his symmetry and taper at the expense of size and lack of cuts  ::) ::)

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
Re: What the hell happened to Jay's waist
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 03:05:34 AM »
that left nipple is worrying me as well....
well ronnie is getting away with gyno in both so maybe its not a problem

Dorian 01

• Getbig III
  • Ronnie Rockel > Ronnie Coleman
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 03:09:02 AM »
Ronnie could pose on stage with a needle full of test hanging off his ass and still win though.
T

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 03:14:00 AM »
Does anyone have the abs/thigh of Jay from 2001; he looked incredible.  That was literally his signature pose.  Regardless, although I feel Ronnie will win because of his muscle thickness and density, I feel he should hang it up.  His back which used to be dominant against anyone (Dorian included in 1998-2003) has become problematic.  From the front he is unbeatable, however he is a shell of the dude who went out in 2003 and smashed everyone.  Dorian got progressively worse as his reign went on; Ronnie is carrying on the tradition.  I feel that this year may be a turning point as the sub-250 pounders like Dex, Vic and Melvin are lights out more visually appealing than Ronnie or Jay.  Jay has sacrificed his shape and taper for size; a mistake I feel.  His back, although huge, has zero detail.  He also has loose skin in his lower back.  Personally, I would take Dorian 1993, Ronnie 1998/1999 over this line up anyday.

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 03:23:31 AM »
From Bodybuilding.com:

This is very bad....he lost all of his symmetry and taper at the expense of size and lack of cuts  ::) ::)

Don't be so fuckin stupid, he's not even locked into that pose yet, ::)

tony b

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 03:26:21 AM »

Actually im not quite sure there Bix. He always seems to stay quite long in the torso rather than crunching down like Dexter is.

Dorian 01

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2006, 03:28:09 AM »
His monstrous lats make it look small in other poses though.

And I don't remember anyone ever saying it was his signature. I'd say his signature is one of those from the side poses that isn't a mandatory.
T

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2006, 03:34:20 AM »
Ron's chest is so much thicker it is a joke.  Look at Ronnie's front relaxed pose. From Flexonline:

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2006, 03:35:48 AM »
Alright Dipshit, show me a pic of this years Mr. Olympia with Jay in that pose where he is a shadow of his former self.  I am waiting.

swolllen

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2006, 03:42:43 AM »
there is NO WAY IN HELL jay can be second looking like that....ronnie looks harder and drier in that relaxed pose....altough not the best ronnie coleman, his muscle density and maturity will give him #9, and of course we all know mr. olympia never loses.....to me it goes like this

ronnie   1
victor    2
dexter   3
jay        4

but it will really be like this

ronnie, jay, dex, victor

PORKY

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2006, 03:46:52 AM »
Ronnie   - 1st
Jay       - 2nd
Victor    - 3rd (maybe even second if the judges seriously take aesthetics into consideration  over Jay...Jay right now looks like a fridge when doin the ab & thigh pose)  ;D
P

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2006, 03:51:16 AM »
If the O was not rigged (Dorian 1997, Ronnie 2001), this would be the year that Dex got his due.  He is drier, harder and has better balance than either of the big boys.  From the side chest, his arms, chest and legs are far superior to Jay.  Ronnie is insanely huge, but he looks a shell of his former self.  After 2003, he should have come into the show in that shape but refined it.  I feel any aesthetics he had are now done.  Jay  ??? ??? ??? I have no idea what he was thinking.  He is thick, but his detail is atrocious.  Not a striation on that body.  I would take Wolf over Gutler.  BTW, what the hell happened to Gunther.  He is nowhere to be seen in the top six.

getfast81

• Getbig III
  • Borat is for the weak................
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2006, 04:15:57 AM »
Jays waist has gotten way out of control. Second place for sure. Great condition though
Truly STOP WHINING

thisiskeith12

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2006, 04:37:51 AM »
If we had scorecards or scoreboards, we would see that Jay has a nice lead right now.

wannabebig5

• Getbig II
  • 2006 mr.olympia
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2006, 04:43:56 AM »
man i must be blind or something because in that front relaxed pose i think jays waist looks 100x better than ronnies.  i think this is ronnies worst look ever.  even his back isnt that great. i know he'll still win but man his stomach is way worse than jay's :-\

body88

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2006, 04:44:07 AM »
Jay's waist looks the exact same. Why do you idiots come on here saying stupid shit. Ronnie is on and will win the O. Jay will take second. Dexter beating him lol... O brother.

body88

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2006, 04:45:15 AM »
man i must be blind or something because in that front relaxed pose i think jays waist looks 100x better than ronnies.  i think this is ronnies worst look ever.  even his back isnt that great. i know he'll still win but man his stomach is way worse than jay's :-\

Don't even bother. People just say dumb shit on here for the hell of it. Let em talk! Look at this "totally out of control waist aaahahah" idiots.

Dorian 01

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2006, 04:52:26 AM »
It's a lot like what female bodybuilders do to themselves. A few of these guys totally ruin their physiques trying to get the Mr.O title.
T

wannabebig5

• Getbig II
  • 2006 mr.olympia
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2006, 04:55:21 AM »
and then people are saying vic should win or take second.  well his waist isnt the greatest and how can you win the best bodybuilding show with no lower half of the body?  yes his back, arms, chest, and delts are amzing but its the whole package which i believe should put him maybe 3 or 4 8) just one mans opinion

Sean-DeMarco

• Getbig III
  • "A year from now, you'll wish you started today."
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2006, 05:00:59 AM »
If we had scorecards or scoreboards, we would see that Jay has a nice lead right now.

...yeah, right.~ ::)
~Sean-DeMarco

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2006, 05:32:14 AM »
Ron's chest is so much thicker it is a joke.  Look at Ronnie's front relaxed pose. From Flexonline:

Ronnie's waist is so big that dwarfs his lats
I am a mini beast

Alex23

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2006, 05:37:32 AM »
there is NO WAY IN HELL jay can be second looking like that....ronnie looks harder and drier in that relaxed pose....altough not the best ronnie coleman, his muscle density and maturity will give him #9, and of course we all know mr. olympia never loses.....to me it goes like this

ronnie   1
victor    2
dexter   3
jay        4

but it will really be like this

ronnie, jay, dex, victor

You're smoking crack..

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2006, 06:08:20 AM »
From Bodybuilding.com:

Victor is killing JAY on that abs and thighs
Here comes the money shot

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2006, 06:14:57 AM »
Jay has always had wide-ass waist. Always has always will. He 's a refridgerator with abs. What is going on with Jay's lower bac, with all that loose skin, that wrinkles up? 

By the way, it is Melvin that deserves second, not Jay.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2006, 06:25:38 AM »
Does anyone have the abs/thigh of Jay from 2001; he looked incredible.  That was literally his signature pose...

This was never his best pose... he's got more muscle now but I don't think it's necessarily an improvement.