Author Topic: Don't believe the hype - Jay vs. Ronnie - side by side gallery  (Read 9084 times)

pobrecito

• Getbig V
Re: Don't believe the hype - Jay vs. Ronnie - side by side gallery
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2006, 11:36:33 AM »
It's not an issue of which drugs to take, it's genetic, his genetics simply wont allow him to get hard like Dorian and Ronnie

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
a

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2006, 11:45:29 AM »
Clearly age , injuries, and receptors are catching up to Ronnie. Not any other bodybuilders. That one lat is torn, one tri down........

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2006, 11:46:24 AM »
Very cool of you to put that together 240, and a nice job too.

Ronnie kills Jay.  I don't even think it's close.  Matter of fact, I'd put Jay in 5th place.  I know I'll get torched here for saying that, but if you really look at Ronnie, Dex, Vic, Melvin, and Jay it is the only conclusion one could reach IMO.  Never thought I'd say that about Vic and Mel either

body88

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2006, 11:46:52 AM »
Very cool of you to put that together 240, and a nice job too.

Ronnie kills Jay.  I don't even think it's close.  Matter of fact, I'd put Jay in 5th place.  I know I'll get torched here for saying that, but if you really look at Ronnie, Dex, Vic, Melvin, and Jay it is the only conclusion one could reach IMO.  Never thought I'd say that about Vic and Mel either

You are an idiot.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2006, 11:51:02 AM »
Wow, after seeing those pictures I don't know what to say.  They both look like garbage. I finally see what they are saying about the lats.  I already seen the triceps.  Ronnie back has become a liability. If Ronnie wins it will be barely. He no longer dominates from the back but he is still dominant from the front.  I would hang it up if I were him.  It's been a great run but those pictures say alot.

BTW if I was drunk I'd bang that Sasha thing. ;D

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2006, 11:52:19 AM »
true, but jay had neither last night.  I am sure he's looking at the pics and doing everything he can to dry out for tonight.

Will he resort to even more[/b] diuretics?
I still dont know if he is dry or not. Look at the hams and glutes. They are in good condition.Back also.
When Jay is not in shape, these areas has water retention at first in his body.
You guys look at his smooth arms and say he retain water. But, Jay has never had hard arms in his life and it is genetic.

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2006, 11:55:33 AM »
Ronnie is worlds ahead of Jay in dryness.

...don't know how you can say that, as I'd say Jay is just as dry, if not dryer!  Jay's lacking in some pec depth...but Coleman has those naturally ripped arms, forearms....plus quads.  But Jay certainly is up there, muscle for muscle!...it's too bad that Jay looks like he just went hell bent for size, as it doesn't flow at his current size.  But he's VERY close to Coleman in every regard, and better I'd say!

But Ron will win, of course.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2006, 11:59:11 AM »
I got Jay winning or coming close on the two back poses.

How can anyone believe for a moment that he comes close to king ron on most muscul, front dbl biceps, side chest, fronts lat spread...

jay would have to come in and completely CRUSH Ronnie to win it.  We hear the same chitchat every year "The buzz on the street is that Cutler is close!".  First, let's see the scoresheet that says this.   Second, tell us which poses Jay won.

Very true.  The hype is just for the BB fans and to try to sell tix...that's it.  Contest for 1st place has been over since the first 5 minutes of pre judge yesterday, and that is a fact.  jay should be 4th place tonight and that is the truth.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2006, 12:05:01 PM »

AS far as dryness, grainier...Ronnie...240 is right, and im a big Cutler fan...too!

Im no expert, as most of you arent- but in the F lat spread, you see Jays legs are more defined, but Ronnies are bigger,  Veinier, and granier...so how would you judge that? Who would have the edge.? as you see its personal perspective of the judging panel.

Jay all the way. Who would of thought, Jay would catch up and beat Ronnie from the back..wow just wow....

This is why Follks its even, with some saying Jay slightly ahead..but Ronnie is alot drier, for sure it seems.

Gord

• Getbig IV
  • Smile when you say that
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2006, 12:08:14 PM »
Ronnie is naturally more vascular than Jay in the upper body. It's just jenetics, but clearly an advantage.

Jay has as much separation and dryness in the upper body and definitely more so in the legs. Just as importantly, and despite his naturaly wide waist, Jay actually has better shape and is showing a better V-taper than Ronnie this year. Jay also has better proportions and balance of muscles, especially between his quads and calves and lower and upper body.

Ronnie, depsite a more vascular upper body, looks bloated, his mid section and back (especially in rear double bi) seem to be holding water and look blurry and his quads look smooth.

Cutler should win this over Ronnie pretty easily, but knowing how the judging goes in the "O" Ronnie will probably be given the title again.
Lies, damn lies and diets

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2006, 12:08:37 PM »
true, but jay had neither last night.  I am sure he's looking at the pics and doing everything he can to dry out for tonight.

Will he resort to even more[/b] diuretics?

The show is over regardless of what the promoters what you to believe....never has a mr o been decided at the night show.  same with a class winner at the nationals...come back to the night show at least 90% of what you peaked at and the placeings are the same.

huge285

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2006, 12:11:47 PM »
If i've learned anything over the years, it's never judge a show by the PHOTOS.............. unless your sitting in the first 2-3 rows at the show (Like the judges are), you'll never know who really deserves to be the winner.  I've seen photos of guys out of shape who looked great in the pictures-- its amazing!  Plus, photos do NOT depict stage presentation and polish.......

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2006, 12:14:26 PM »
If i've learned anything over the years, it's never judge a show by the PHOTOS.............. unless your sitting in the first 2-3 rows at the show (Like the judges are), you'll never know who really deserves to be the winner.  I've seen photos of guys out of shape who looked great in the pictures-- its amazing!  Plus, photos do NOT depict stage presentation and polish.......
Extremely Good post

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2006, 12:15:56 PM »
Thats true Dave.

Who do you think should win?

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2006, 12:22:33 PM »

With all due respect Dave (and I already read on MD that you have Jay ahead) why are we always told not to believe the photos only when it's obvious to most that someone is being given a gift....ala Sherry Tamali???

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2006, 12:29:12 PM »
I respect Dave's opinion, he knows his stuff, BUT no way jay should beat Ronnie.....dex and vic should be 2nd and 3rd.   

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2006, 12:31:57 PM »

So true!

I was at the 1997 Olympia when Dorian supposedly had a "controversial" win. Theyn phots may have made it look controversial yet there was np doubt about him when if you were there in person.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2006, 12:33:04 PM »
Palumbo and Flex Wheeler are MD buddies.

Any chance that Dave's nonstop bumps on all the boards today are just a ploy to get us to sign up for his friend's overbogged webcast?

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2006, 12:36:33 PM »
Palumbo and Flex Wheeler are MD buddies.

Any chance that Dave's nonstop bumps on all the boards today are just a ploy to get us to sign up for his friend's overbogged webcast?

Is this a trick question?  ??? lol

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2006, 12:40:16 PM »
You are an idiot.

That's cool, at least I form my own opinions instead of jumping on the Jay Cutler Nuthuggers Magical Mystery Ride tour.  This is the worst Jay I have seen.  Best back he's ever had, but he has ruined his physique.  Go back and look at his early career.  It is a shame.  I am not slamming him as a person, cuz he's a great dude....it's more about the sport and what it has caused him to do.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2006, 12:41:38 PM »
Geez, Ronnies physique is hideous, huge beyond belief, but absolutely hideous!

Slick Vic

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2006, 12:42:18 PM »
Thanks for the comparison gallery, 240 is Back.  8)
Man, I really hope Jays takes it home.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2006, 01:37:12 PM »

Even better - choose 2 guys and the pose - instant comparison!

http://mr-olympia-2006.ronnie.cz/callouts/index.php

Slick Vic

« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2006, 02:39:57 PM »
Even better - choose 2 guys and the pose - instant comparison!

http://mr-olympia-2006.ronnie.cz/callouts/index.php

Sweet! Right on!  8)