Author Topic: Ron Avidan gets dissed by David Henry!  (Read 13931 times)

Woten

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • jugs
Re: Ron Avidan gets dissed by David Henry!
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2006, 08:28:27 PM »
Ron's question was pretty retarded. Ron started the greatest bodybuildiong board known to man, he didn't graduate from the school of articulate questions. Ron should be the man behind the green curtain and should find someone to send to these events.   " If your kids are ugly, keep the picture that came with the frame."

first class post
rons acunt

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2006, 08:36:16 PM »
first class post
You're just pissed because Ron banned you about a dozen times.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2006, 08:46:58 PM »
Why is Ron Fat?????.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2006, 08:48:10 PM »
Why is Ron Fat?????.

not fat, just in a bulking phase.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2006, 08:49:12 PM »
I'd kick the living shit out of you, you slag
I don't fight Brits... that would be like beating on a child.  No sport in that. :-\
Ron: "I am lazy."

Woten

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • jugs
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2006, 08:51:40 PM »
rons acunt

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2006, 11:52:50 PM »
Ron's question was fair and it took David off guard. He is proof on why the IFBB needs to give these guys a lesson in PR. We all know the guys have egos but it's in the approach. David could have addressed the issue much differently and actually gained some new fans with his response.

Suggested response: You know Ron, I appreciate your question and thanks for giving me the opportunity to address this issue. I am a bodybuilder like the rest of these guys up here and we all work hard and many times when people may approach us other things are going on in life and on our minds. Whether it be the show, the diet or maybe I was just having a bad day and you caught me at a bad time. If I come across as arrogant that is not my intent.

At the end of the day - If his legs ever get to the level of his back he will be a great bodybuider. Try to be a little more humble and approachable Dave, as one Kamali is enough on the Muscle Tech roster.

Elevate Your Image.™

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2006, 12:14:53 AM »
I hear Dave still rides in a car seat.  Monster insecurity stemming from that, I'm sure.

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2006, 12:16:27 AM »
Does the US military allow their people to use gear?

Nope. They will kick you out and put you in jail with a dishonorable discharge. How in the hell Dave Henry got by it is beyond me. I just figured he was paying someone off at the urinalysis or something. I hear you can't spot GH on the pee test? Either way, I'm no where near DH's density, yet they have tested me specifically for steroid use, twice. So they do look for it.

Dorian 01

• Getbig III
  • Ronnie Rockel > Ronnie Coleman
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2006, 12:22:50 AM »
Nope. They will kick you out and put you in jail with a dishonorable discharge. How in the hell Dave Henry got by it is beyond me. I just figured he was paying someone off at the urinalysis or something. I hear you can't spot GH on the pee test? Either way, I'm no where near DH's density, yet they have tested me specifically for steroid use, twice. So they do look for it.
Div used to talk about this on here, him and some other former military users. They said the army didn't care as long as you could pass the ... PT I think it was called.
T

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2006, 05:44:51 AM »
lol even better...melvin getting called out on the shit talking on the press conference!  ;D and i think he handled it well considering! i know he never expected that question to be tossed at him!  ;D

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2006, 08:51:47 AM »
I think DH was thinking.....

"why do I have to answer this goober's question"

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2006, 08:57:41 AM »

Suggested response: You know Ron, I appreciate your question and thanks for giving me the opportunity to address this issue. I am a bodybuilder like the rest of these guys up here and we all work hard and many times when people may approach us other things are going on in life and on our minds. Whether it be the show, the diet or maybe I was just having a bad day and you caught me at a bad time. If I come across as arrogant that is not my intent.

Lift, Ron didn't even specify what DH did to be considered "cocky" but he's supposed to acknowledge it, as you suggested? Maybe Ron could have been a little less vague in his question.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2006, 09:04:00 AM »
Ron's question was fair and it took David off guard. He is proof on why the IFBB needs to give these guys a lesson in PR. We all know the guys have egos but it's in the approach. David could have addressed the issue much differently and actually gained some new fans with his response.

At the end of the day - If his legs ever get to the level of his back he will be a great bodybuider. Try to be a little more humble and approachable Dave, as one Kamali is enough on the Muscle Tech roster.

Solid post, but David is good at what he's good at.  The fact that he's got a great physique doesn't mean that he knows how to handle the media or fans.  

A lot of guys put years into their training, entrust their contest prep to a 'trainer' or 'guru', and then do relatively nothing to enhance (or even to preserve) their public image.  

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2006, 09:43:38 AM »
Lift, Ron didn't even specify what DH did to be considered "cocky" but he's supposed to acknowledge it, as you suggested? Maybe Ron could have been a little less vague in his question.
David knew what Ron was talking about as he had asked him about it before. Many people have had similar issues with David. Several people went up to Ron throughout the weekend and told Ron he was glad he asked the question as they had similiar run-ins with him. Maybe DH is looking to become the modern day Lou.

Tre - 100% agree.
Elevate Your Image.™

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2006, 09:56:49 AM »
So....the consensus is that Dave Henry has the small man syndrome?

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #91 on: October 02, 2006, 10:48:46 AM »
damn...
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #92 on: October 02, 2006, 11:12:39 AM »

Well, lets get one thing straight. I don't 'hate' David Henry, I think he his a cool person, and we have talked before on various places and events. That being said, the question was one that was brought to me via a number of people, including at least 4 pros, and way too many amatuers and fans. So, why the question?

First, some background, at the 2006 Arnold Classic, at the competitor's meeting, when I tried to take a picture of David Henry, the guy actually said 'No, no' and turned his head away. That was a major act of arrogance to me, like he was too good or something. But I blew it off, anyone can have a bad day.

But, why ask the question again. And why that one. Because here is something you guys don't know. On the way to the Orleans, David got into the limo, and there were other pro bodybuilders in the limo. One said hello, and David didn't even bother to say hello back to him. That pro said 'why is David so arrogant like that, it isn't cool'. Hence, where the question came from.

No less than 5 pros at the 'Meet the Olympians' came up to me, and thanked me for asking that question. They all wish that David Henry would understand that this sport is a mix of PR and excellent reactions towards the fans. My question was a little harsh, but David had a chance to change the way many feel on his arrogance. His response didn't do that at all.

As for me and David Henry, I have no problems at all with him. I didnt take his response pesonally at all. You guys asked me and Issac to ask various questions at the press conference that others would not ask. I told you I would. If others would ask questions that stir some things up, perhaps the press conference might be a little more exciting. Next show, I will say hello, take his pictures, see what is up. If he refuses, oh well.  I did speak to him afterwards, and he was mad, but we talked a little. But his girlfriend is a little mad..

As for calling people out, jezz.. Flex Wheeler, Nasser El Sonbaty, and others were pretty arrogant too at the beginning, but now, these two and I talked and have a great time...

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
« Reply #93 on: October 02, 2006, 11:25:06 AM »
Div used to talk about this on here, him and some other former military users. They said the army didn't care as long as you could pass the ... PT I think it was called.

Dave Henry is in the Air Force. We don't quite give a damn as much about PT as the other branches. We try to hold up a certain image more than anything (yeah, lame I know). If his use became publicly known, they'd have his ass out in a heartbeat. He isn't exactly a ground pounder, so his physical performance isn't what the USAF wants.

Edit: I don't care one way or the other what he is taking. He is apparently getting his job done in the military and its not affecting his performance. I'm just trying to clear things up. I am curious how he is getting by with it though. Big big kahunas for taking that kind of risk in the military.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2006, 11:58:14 AM »
Well, lets get one thing straight. I don't 'hate' David Henry, I think he his a cool person, and we have talked before on various places and events. That being said, the question was one that was brought to me via a number of people, including at least 4 pros, and way too many amatuers and fans. So, why the question?

First, some background, at the 2006 Arnold Classic, at the competitor's meeting, when I tried to take a picture of David Henry, the guy actually said 'No, no' and turned his head away. That was a major act of arrogance to me, like he was too good or something. But I blew it off, anyone can have a bad day.

But, why ask the question again. And why that one. Because here is something you guys don't know. On the way to the Orleans, David got into the limo, and there were other pro bodybuilders in the limo. One said hello, and David didn't even bother to say hello back to him. That pro said 'why is David so arrogant like that, it isn't cool'. Hence, where the question came from.

No less than 5 pros at the 'Meet the Olympians' came up to me, and thanked me for asking that question. They all wish that David Henry would understand that this sport is a mix of PR and excellent reactions towards the fans. My question was a little harsh, but David had a chance to change the way many feel on his arrogance. His response didn't do that at all.

As for me and David Henry, I have no problems at all with him. I didnt take his response pesonally at all. You guys asked me and Issac to ask various questions at the press conference that others would not ask. I told you I would. If others would ask questions that stir some things up, perhaps the press conference might be a little more exciting. Next show, I will say hello, take his pictures, see what is up. If he refuses, oh well.  I did speak to him afterwards, and he was mad, but we talked a little. But his girlfriend is a little mad..

As for calling people out, jezz.. Flex Wheeler, Nasser El Sonbaty, and others were pretty arrogant too at the beginning, but now, these two and I talked and have a great time...

Ok Ron....I take back calling you a Douche.

Looks like you were a man on a mission here.  I just thought that there could have been more important questions to be asked, but since DH has a pattern you now speak of, it makes sense for the question you had asked.

By the way....when he said "considering your source" of information....I am now thinking it's not getbig.  So who is the source?

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2006, 12:00:31 PM »

i think David is insecure about being so short, and Nasser was the nicest guy in the world when i met him a few years back.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2006, 12:04:01 PM »

Much props Ron! ;D

I wish more people would ask direct questions like that.  I actually couldn't believe you asked...but that was tight!

Well done ;)
just not good enough

Childish///AMG

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2006, 01:50:32 PM »
I remember when Dave used to post on MM. Since his placings went up, he ceased. Interesting.

I am now anti-Dave Henry. I must defend our great leader's honor!
The "Lady" who was with him was nice and much more approachable than he was

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2006, 02:44:38 PM »
here comes new photoshoppes. haha! I get a cocky vibe from David Henry also.
bodybuildersreality.com

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2006, 02:51:47 PM »
Ron dwarfs DH, end of story.
I