Author Topic: Matt Hughes tested positive for roids??  (Read 5891 times)

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
RIP Bob Probert

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: Matt Hughes tested positive for roids??
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 01:55:47 AM »
If he is positive what happens to the fight.  This would be good news for BJ.  He'll need at least 4 to 6 months to get into shape. 

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 08:17:48 AM »
What's the latest on this? Any other sources?
Lee

blueeyes35148

• Getbig I
  • 6'3" - 240
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 08:38:18 AM »
Has anyone heard anything else on this yet?

jarhead

• Getbig III
  • First name Mister. Last name "T".
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 12:41:25 PM »
wouldn't surprise me.  others in his camp have been busted for stanozolol. 

ReEvolution

• Getbig III
  • goodbye ronnie
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 11:04:14 PM »
winny?  WTF?
two thumbs WAY up!!!

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 08:47:52 AM »
Winny is a good choice for endurance related training...

8)

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 09:29:45 AM »
Winny is a good choice for endurance related training...

8)

i'm guessing because it doesn't give you any bloat/water retention which can causse to much useless weight gain that just slows you down.

with these type of 5 minute rnd fights the last thing you want is too much unnecessary muscle bulk. it saps the energy and speed even more than extra fat. very costly to run and your technique, agility, can suffer big time.

plus winny being a water based drug it gets out of the system fast. problem is guys being too greedy and staying on too close to test.

the usual reason someone gets busted is that you've pissed off the powers that be. didn't vuletich have a run in with white?

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 12:45:29 PM »
i honestly think alot of MMA guys use gear in the offseason...just like any other drug tested sport there are ways around the tests.

Winny can be detected as follows...

Winny oral  - 3 weeks 
Winny inject- 2 months

this would suck for Hughes if there is any truth behind it. all the guys he has beaten would now use steroids as an excuse for losing to him...

of course i feel this rumor is false but who knows...

8)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 01:16:11 PM »
GuysI really want to know about this.  Use your inside connections and see if its true.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 02:35:10 PM »
Carson (source) has already been refuted.  Just something to stir up the pot. 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2006, 05:53:18 PM »
Carson (source) has already been refuted.  Just something to stir up the pot. 

DOn't know about that.  The Penn family has been on the phone getting answers and from what I was told the UFC cannot make an official statement but will mail out their decision to each party.  Notsure what that means.  But, no one would make an official staement on the phone.  So I guess we'll see. 

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2006, 01:08:15 AM »
DOn't know about that.  The Penn family has been on the phone getting answers and from what I was told the UFC cannot make an official statement but will mail out their decision to each party.  Notsure what that means.  But, no one would make an official staement on the phone.  So I guess we'll see. 

Until the athletic commision comes back with Hughes B sample to concur with the initial rumor, it is just a rumor. 

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2006, 02:13:10 AM »
Until the athletic commision comes back with Hughes B sample to concur with the initial rumor, it is just a rumor. 
Agreed...

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2006, 03:02:43 PM »

dirtysanchez

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2006, 09:11:44 AM »
How come when you click on the link to read the story it goes to the Barnett story? And if you go directly to the mmaweekly site and look at daily news (http://www.mmaweekly.com/dailynews.asp) it doesn't say shit about Hughes testing positive for roids?  Sounds like bullshit

BigPopa

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2006, 10:28:11 AM »
Any new developments on this yet?

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2006, 11:38:04 AM »
Any new developments on this yet?

Flag on the play!  I'm officially callng bullshit!  No proof...

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2006, 10:45:42 PM »
Yea I wonder why someone would put up something fake like this.  What's to gain from it.
No Worries 4 me

Ken Pishna

• Getbig I
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2006, 03:17:03 PM »
This is Ken Pishna, I'm the editor at MMAWeekly.com. I just wanted to hop on here and let you all know that the link in the initial post to this article is indeed a fake. Notice that it actually goes to some adelphia.net users site. We have not and would not post anything related to this story on our site at MMAWeekly.com unless we received confirmation from one of the parties involved.

I have sent an email to the owner of this site making him aware of the fake link and was hoping that he would remove it, but I have not heard back from him. So, I decided to post here to try and clear up any misinformation as best I can.

I personally have followed up on these rumors with Hughes' manager and he has no knowledge of Hughes failing his drug test for the fight. That's not to say that it could not happen, but Hughes' camp has not been notified of anything along those lines.

There were other rumors speculating that Hughes is injured. His manager refuted that claim, saying that Hughes is good to go to fight St. Pierre in November.

We will continue to monitor the situation and will post any news regarding it, if and when there is anything worthy of reporting. I don't mean this to be an ad for our site or anything, but the above link has nothing whatsoever to do with us and should not be used as a credible source. If you want credible information, you can check out our site at www.MMAWeekly.com or go to various other credible sites.

Hope this helps clear things up,
Ken

KenPishna@MMAWeekly.com

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2006, 04:30:34 PM »
This is Ken Pishna, I'm the editor at MMAWeekly.com. I just wanted to hop on here and let you all know that the link in the initial post to this article is indeed a fake. Notice that it actually goes to some adelphia.net users site. We have not and would not post anything related to this story on our site at MMAWeekly.com unless we received confirmation from one of the parties involved.

I have sent an email to the owner of this site making him aware of the fake link and was hoping that he would remove it, but I have not heard back from him. So, I decided to post here to try and clear up any misinformation as best I can.

I personally have followed up on these rumors with Hughes' manager and he has no knowledge of Hughes failing his drug test for the fight. That's not to say that it could not happen, but Hughes' camp has not been notified of anything along those lines.

There were other rumors speculating that Hughes is injured. His manager refuted that claim, saying that Hughes is good to go to fight St. Pierre in November.

We will continue to monitor the situation and will post any news regarding it, if and when there is anything worthy of reporting. I don't mean this to be an ad for our site or anything, but the above link has nothing whatsoever to do with us and should not be used as a credible source. If you want credible information, you can check out our site at www.MMAWeekly.com or go to various other credible sites.

Hope this helps clear things up,
Ken

KenPishna@MMAWeekly.com

Good lookin' out Ken!!!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2006, 08:14:16 PM »
To bad the editors of BB industry mags can't follow Ken's example.  That is great class by MMA Weekly.  Good Job

dirtysanchez

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2006, 04:18:31 AM »
To bad the editors of BB industry mags can't follow Ken's example.  That is great class by MMA Weekly.  Good Job

Definately!  Thanks for the info Ken

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2006, 08:20:38 AM »

That's the kind of stuff that makes me MUCH more likely to hit, support and promote a site. 

MD, when you give Flex Wheeler a pay check, think about it...

kevinkpd

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2006, 12:19:07 PM »
I cant say that much surprises me but nevertheless, Matt Hughes, if this is true than its truly disappointing.  This doesn't mean that I will stop enjoying his fights but I thought maybe, just maybe, MMA would avoid the Professional-Steroid connection.  Thats just my opinion. 

Yours Truly,

A very disappointed fan