Author Topic: Jay Speech ...  (Read 7975 times)

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
Jay Speech ...
« on: October 01, 2006, 10:26:29 AM »
Did Manion write Jays speech about the IFBB being the only place to compete.The guy wins hi first O and he thinks of saying stuff like that huh.Even Raymond from muscletime had his press pass pulled for covering the PDI show.Samir didn't get his free tickets Robin Chang was told not to give them to him as he is suing weider....not to mention all the other crap the ifbb was saying all weekend.Boy and they are not worried....Then let it go have your shows the PDI will have theres no big deal...carry on...

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
Re: Jays Speech
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 10:27:49 AM »
jay's victory speech:

why was it not a spontaneous effusion of the "thank you jesus/kerry/mom and dad" kind, but rather a carefully crafted political statement?

was there a need for a more eloquent spokesperson that was met yesterday? I guess in times of trouble you need more than "Jay be smoking that crack again."

Dex can't speak worth a damn, can Victor?

is melvin anthony respected in bb circles?

the IFBB, a place where dreams can come true.

but you need a profile that includes a lot more than meets the eye.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 10:28:22 AM »
I don't think Weider made him say that, I think Jay knew he could possibly get a bonus for saying that.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 10:32:20 AM »
Did Manion write Jays speech about the IFBB being the only place to compete.The guy wins hi first O and he thinks of saying stuff like that huh.Even Raymond from muscletime had his press pass pulled for covering the PDI show.Samir didn't get his free tickets Robin Chang was told not to give them to him as he is suing weider....not to mention all the other crap the ifbb was saying all weekend.Boy and they are not worried....Then let it go have your shows the PDI will have theres no big deal...carry on...

Jay will be the spokesman and standard bearer that the IFBB pro div needed at this point. By pulling off the upset over the legend Ronnie Coleman, it shows that the IFBB is still the top , viable organization.Ronnie was and still is a great bodybuilder, but times change.
I respect Wayne Damillia and what he has done for bodybuilding, but with this recent result and showing, the IFBB has too much talent and production value on stage to lose their status as top dog.
Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 10:36:48 AM »
IFBB is Jays choice, it has been good for him he supports it and was just stating the obvious that MR O is top dog.

Who's in the PDI again??

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 10:40:36 AM »
It is very interesting that Jay would say that....seems like something like the PDI vs IFBB feud would be the last thing on his mind at such a huge personal moment for him.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 10:42:43 AM »
Puppet.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2006, 10:43:47 AM »
It is very interesting that Jay would say that....seems like something like the PDI vs IFBB feud would be the last thing on his mind at such a huge personal moment for you.

Yes, but it was on many fans minds. With the incredible physiques on this OLympia stage and Jays endorsement, this cements it for the IFBB.
The PDI is a decent concept but unless they get an equal share of the top bodybuilders, they will remain 2nd rate.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Dball

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2006, 10:44:37 AM »
jay has gone on record many times before as saying the ifbb is the big leauges when it comes to bodybuilding, and went so far as to call the pdi a "high school team"

i dont find it odd at all that jay thanks the ifbb.  he BELIEVES it is the better organization.

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2006, 10:45:08 AM »
What EXACTLY did Jay SAY?!
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2006, 10:46:34 AM »
Lee, did you get in the show to watch? what happened at the expo with you, do elaborate.

Dball

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2006, 10:48:06 AM »
What EXACTLY did Jay SAY?!

all he did was say that "in competitive organizations, the ifbb is where it's at."

like no one knew that. 

now conspiracy theorists think it was all scripted.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2006, 10:49:40 AM »
I love how Bob "snickers" at the PDI.....

Honestly.....how does he have room to "snicker" at any organization.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2006, 11:45:31 AM »
Not sure if Jay deserved to win or not but I bet the IFBB had something to do with it.  What this placing does is put a little more life into the failing IFBB.  Now they have something to talk about.  If Ronnie won again it would have been boring and continue the downfall.  Now with Jay winning there is something new to look at.

ANd I bet Ronnie was told this and got paid enough where he made more than what he would have made if he won.  Next year he will come back and take the title back.  Everything has already been planned.  Why do you think Ronnie was looking like that during the decision.  He already knew.  EVeryone thought he might retire this year after winning.  But,now he can do a comeback and do what Arnold did.  All planned out perfectly by the IFBB.  WHy were the score exactly the opposite for last year but in Jays favor instead of Ronnie's

body88

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2006, 11:54:22 AM »
See I think this is bullshit. Onlyme Rob and all the other PDI guys are claiming a fix as this is going to make it ALOT harder for them to succeed. I like the PDI. I hope it succeeds. I think the ifbb can be shysters. I also think you guys are the same people bashing the IFBB for screwing cutler in 01. You guys would be the same ones screaming how shitty the ifbb is and how cutler should have won had Ronnie taken the show. And how people should come on over to the PDI ::). I hope the PDI succeeds and I hope big name  pros go over there. Stop shitting on Cutlers win for your own gains. Use some true bullshit events. Not one where he clearly won the contest.

Guys the first pdi show was cool. But if you think the IFBB is scared enough of that federation to alter the MR O you are in lala land. Jay won. Many top pros and people in the industry had him in first the whole time. Stop acting like this is some kind of big bullshit fix like when franco won.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2006, 11:58:33 AM »
Stop shitting on Cutlers win for your own gains.
well said

TN

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2006, 12:05:25 PM »
Lee...Do you agree with the results of the show?

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2006, 01:13:52 PM »
Jesus is on the IFBB payroll?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2006, 01:20:06 PM »
No PPV for what is supposed to be your organizations premium event = garbage

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2006, 01:35:19 PM »
Jesus is on the IFBB payroll?

i think he got fired last night.  :(

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2006, 01:47:25 PM »
Here's a question:

If there was no PDI, who would have won the O last night?

Ronnie or Jay?

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2006, 01:47:56 PM »
Lee Priest

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2006, 01:49:31 PM »
Here's a question:

Ronnie or Jay?

You and I should both try to be more proactive about getting somewhere in this industry.  Think about it - we're smarter than pretty well everyone who runs the show currently and we don't restrict speech and give in to corruption and politics ($).

Honestly, let's get a few websites on the go and feed off our traffic.  Who is to say we can't be way up there as far as a platform to be heard in quick time?  I think we can.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

body88

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2006, 01:50:56 PM »
Here's a question:

Ronnie or Jay?

Easy... Jay cutler. I wonder what you guys would be saying if Cutler had lost?

"See guys!!! The ifbb is a bunch of scum! Jay deserved this win! Great reason to come on over to the pdi!"

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2006, 01:51:31 PM »
Easy... Jay cutler. I wonder what you guys would be saynig if Cutler had lost?

"See guys!!! The ifbb is a bunch of scum! Jay deserved this win! Great reason to come on over to the pdi!"

no we wouldn't

;D