Author Topic: Alves.. the most overlooked at the Olympia!  (Read 4721 times)

dcurrent

• Getbig II
  • I'm a llama!
Alves.. the most overlooked at the Olympia!
« on: October 01, 2006, 05:31:35 PM »
What was going on with the callouts? Even after talking with people that were there and reading the blog on flexonline.. Troy did not even get called out until what.. the 6th round. Then, when he did, it was him and David Henry, both who respectivly brought the best conditioned physiques to the show.
Then, when Troy was stading next to Branch, Jackson , and DJ.. he was edging them out with symmetry and condition.. and when it was all said and done, he gets 15th. C'mon.. that is rediculous.
There is now way Troy should have been placed behind Darrem, Vince Taylor, DJ, Warren, and even Gunter.

dcurrent

• Getbig II
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Alves.. the most overlooked at the Olympia!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 05:36:13 PM »
Look at the pics with troy next to DJ and Warren.. Troy's backside is much more detailed then DJ, and Branch is obviously way off from what he has presented in previous shows.. but they still place way ahead of Troy???

If Troy were to have been called out ealier with a fair judgin.. the placings sure would have been different.

wannabebig5

• Getbig II
  • 2006 mr.olympia
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 05:45:00 PM »
troy has a damn good physique, its very complete. i dont think he ever gets his due.  imho hes a lot better than darrem and he somehow never wins shows. but thats bodybuilding.  someones gotta lose i guess :(

dcurrent

• Getbig II
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 05:53:16 PM »
troy has a damn good physique, its very complete. i dont think he ever gets his due.  imho hes a lot better than darrem and he somehow never wins shows. but thats bodybuilding.  someones gotta lose i guess :(

Well.. I am an official NPC judge, and I personally think that if someone has too lose.. it should be the person who does not bring their "A" game to the show. Troy did bring his with improvements,, even in the glutes. And he got beat out by half the lineup who were all off of their game.
I have judged quite a few shows and always wonder what other judges are looking at when they pick people who are off... just wish there were more judges who do not care about names and hype.. just be honest and judge what you see in front of you.. not what you have heard or read about them coming into a show.

venom gang.bronze

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 08:28:27 PM »
although not a favorite of mine, troy's conditioning and especially his back were way overlooked. who knows why? ...but c'mon, it's obvious why.

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 08:31:59 PM »
He did look pretty good but, isn't this a muscle contest? A contest to see who has the biggest conditioned muscles? anyways.... Mad props for Troy, major improvement. He'll dominate spring shows.
-

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 08:33:16 PM »
Alves conditioning was very good...Who knows what politics kept him from even getting looked at....This Olympia just really dissappointed me....I really never want one competator or another to win...Only the best man and many times I have not seen that happen....Jay will just be the company man keeping the seat warm for the next "deserving" Mr. Olympia.....
Watching The Haters

blackiron03

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2006, 11:34:46 PM »
Swoletrain what the hell are you talkin about "isn't this a muscle contest".......this isn't muscle!

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2006, 11:54:53 PM »
Swoletrain what the hell are you talkin about "isn't this a muscle contest".......this isn't muscle!

He looks good but this is the big O.

Ronnie ~ 300
Cutler  ~ 280
Victor  ~ 250
Dexter ~ 230 (midget :D)
Gust    ~ 260
James  ~ 270
Gunter ~ 300

Troy    ~ 230 (not a midget)

You get the point?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 12:27:37 AM »
Look at the pics with troy next to DJ and Warren.. Troy's backside is much more detailed then DJ, and Branch is obviously way off from what he has presented in previous shows.. but they still place way ahead of Troy???

If Troy were to have been called out ealier with a fair judgin.. the placings sure would have been different.

Alves doesn't have standout calves, and his chest isn't world class.

That's why he shouldn't win the Mr O.

Top 3? Definitely.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 12:29:51 AM »
No as a matter of fact i don't. I was 20 feet away from the stage and I saw First hand what Troy looked like. HE LOOKED SMALL!!!!!!! SMALL AND WATERY!!!!!!!! so I'm just going off what I saw. If he wants to place higher, he's gonna have to get bigger. You got new guys like Phil ready to own veterans like Troy. If he ain't got it now, he ain't ever gonna get it.
-

dcurrent

• Getbig II
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 07:42:58 AM »
I do not think it is a matter of not having enough muscle.. because Troy actually packed on quite a bit for the Olympia.. it is plain and simple.. he just isn't getting called out to be compared to the likes of Melvin, Dexter, Victor, etc... Many guys he has stood toe to toe with in many shows.
The issue isn't whether or not Troy should be Mr. Olympia, but more so the fact of him not getting fair callouts. He clearly beat Branch and DJ, who placed much higher than him.. but it didn't matter because they got the better callouts earlier as Troy didn't get a callout until the show was half way done.

dcurrent

• Getbig II
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2006, 07:51:02 AM »
No as a matter of fact i don't. I was 20 feet away from the stage and I saw First hand what Troy looked like. HE LOOKED SMALL!!!!!!! SMALL AND WATERY!!!!!!!! so I'm just going off what I saw. If he wants to place higher, he's gonna have to get bigger. You got new guys like Phil ready to own veterans like Troy. If he ain't got it now, he ain't ever gonna get it.

If you think Troy looked watery.. I can't imagine what Dexter, DJ, Branch, and Darrem all looked like if you think Troy looked watery.
And, when you say Troy looked watery, it was probably because the only time you really saw him was when he was waiting for a callout.. and when you are waiting.. everyone looks smooth.. even Ronnie.
I talked with three other people I judge with in the NPC, they agreed with me on the unfairness of the callouts throughout the show. They were actually the ones telling me how bad it was when they got past the first two callouts.

Brian_Bullman

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • By Effort Acheive
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2006, 08:05:19 AM »
So What some of you guys are saying is that we should start bringing a scale out on stage to see who the heaviest is and award instant points.

What a load of bollox!!!

Troy looked awsome made all the improvements necessary after his poor showing at the Denver Pro.
In my opinion he was ripped off and deserved a top 10 spot!!!

FitChic78

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2006, 10:08:21 AM »
I was very disappointed with the placing the judges gave him. He should've been in the top 10. Agree that he is lacking the chest department and some calf development would benefit him but he still looked better and more complete and conditioned (wanna say his best conditioning yet) than DJ and Gunter

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2006, 10:37:19 AM »
Dex Is not 230 !!!!! Not even close 215 tops !!! at 5'6 He's been lying so long that people actually believe it now. He's not even 230 in the offseason.

TDK

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2006, 11:38:54 AM »
I put a thread up about how good Alves looked as soon as I saw the Flex pics.  He stood out as one of the most improved conditionally over everyone else.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2006, 11:43:18 AM »
he is really complete, has great lines and was ripped. i agree he should have been placed higher.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2006, 11:48:47 AM »
Unfortunately the best body doesn't mean much anymore in bodybuilding
the new game is called "name recognition"

troy got robbed
Here comes the money shot

dcurrent

• Getbig II
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2006, 12:20:20 PM »
So What some of you guys are saying is that we should start bringing a scale out on stage to see who the heaviest is and award instant points.

What a load of bollox!!!

Troy looked awsome made all the improvements necessary after his poor showing at the Denver Pro.
In my opinion he was ripped off and deserved a top 10 spot!!!

Good post... if they start judging by how big someone looks with weight.. then bring in weight classes and have a true Mr.Olympia overall winner.
Now.. that would be the show.. you have your Heavy vs. Super Heavy in a showdown!

dcurrent

• Getbig II
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2006, 12:24:10 PM »
Plus.. if there are weight classes.. how much fun would it be to see who wins each class...and then have the overall comparisons at the finals with a posedown.

This would force them to keep their condition into the finals. I would only do this for the Olympia since it is the Grand Daddy of shows though... it would be hard to do it for all the shows leading up.

But this will give guys like Troy, Darrem, Melvin, and a bunch of others a chance to battle it out fairly and then battle it out with some who weighs 50 or so pounds more.

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • http://www.milossarcev.com
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2006, 12:25:42 PM »
The most overlooked - without a doubt...

dcurrent

• Getbig II
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2006, 11:53:46 PM »
Hey Milos.. is Troy doing the European shows? If so, will he get any fairness there, or does he have to be European?

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2006, 12:12:00 AM »
Troy is a modern day Frank Zane---Troy has an outstanding physique----at this point if I were Troy-----I would enter the other contests thruout the year more frequently like Darrem Charles does---Troy would stand a good chance of placing high (perhaps winning?) one of these contests---plus the added exposure wouldnt hurt.

I believe he may have had an injury that has kept him sidelined a bit this last year or so.

Good luck to him, great balance, great back !!!

Weez

• Getbig III
  • stronger than dirt
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2006, 12:18:41 AM »
Bump this, I had Troy 6-7.
Cam ad mi