Author Topic: CONGRATS TONEY FREEMAN - MOST IMPROVED BB AND AWESOME YEAR  (Read 2619 times)

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
CONGRATS TONEY FREEMAN - MOST IMPROVED BB AND AWESOME YEAR
« on: October 02, 2006, 05:15:24 AM »
Congrats to the classy Toney Freeman

Joining Lee Haney and Dorian as having one of the best debuts at the O.  A impressive win over the great Dareem and Jonnie at the Europa.

2006 was a fantastic year. 2007 looks to be an entertaining year and promises to to be the year of the X

Bodybuilding is back!
Freeman
Jackson
Heath
Cutler
Warren
Henry
Badell
Anthony
Victor

Have - brought some great entertainment and should be some great battles for next year....

Thank you Ronnie -

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
Re: CONGRATS TONEY FREEMAN - MOST IMPROVED BB AND AWESOME YEAR
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 05:19:18 AM »
Toney didn't look all that happy with his placing.  Can't really blame him. 

He looked good for sure.  Unfortunately he's not as young as he would probably need to be to capture a title.  Still, there is plenty of short bitches to pwn in the meantime.

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 05:31:08 AM »
Toney didn't look all that happy with his placing.  Can't really blame him. 

He looked good for sure.  Unfortunately he's not as young as he would probably need to be to capture a title.  Still, there is plenty of short bitches to pwn in the meantime.

He is fine and the only reason people know he is 40 is becuase he told people. I think he may be one of the healthiest Pros on the market including the young ones. He attributes it too his sons and his wonderful family. Age is nothing in this industry - VInce Taylor - wow...

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 06:17:43 AM »

Joining Lee Haney and Dorian as having one of the best debuts at the O.  A impressive win over the great Dareem and Jonnie at the Europa.

uhhhhh.......Haney pulled down a #3 spot in his first O....Dorian got 2nd.....8th is good but it's not one of the best debuts ever.  I think you'll have to put him behind Gaspari, labrada, taylor, strydom, jim quinn, berry demay....I could probably go on for days. 

Toney looked great and I was happy for him but lets not make him out to be something he isn't
nasser=piece of shit

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 06:54:44 AM »
toney got 7th

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 06:59:40 AM »
toney got 7th

sorry bout that.....I still don't think that puts him in the same class as Gaspari, Labrada and the others....in this day and age 7th is great but Toney's been a pro for a few years gaspari placed 3rd has a rookie pro, Labrada as a 2nd year pro etc.....

Again, I think he looked great and am happy for him but you can't forget history when you make a claim like that.
nasser=piece of shit

body88

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 07:01:36 AM »
Congrats Toney!!! Next year top 5.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 07:07:33 AM »
Yes congrats to Toney, excellent showing.

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 07:14:49 AM »
With Cutler taking the title, I can sense Getbig is a complete MESS with the age factor...for so long we've all been used to Ronnie having NO problem with age by winning title after title...yet now he's lost and the age factor is AGAIN a question!...I don't think age has a lot to do with it as long as you can still get big and ripped....but pushing 40 and still being a shoe-in for the title?  No way....Ronnie's a freak, but he's still human!

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 07:59:44 AM »
With Cutler taking the title, I can sense Getbig is a complete MESS with the age factor...for so long we've all been used to Ronnie having NO problem with age by winning title after title...yet now he's lost and the age factor is AGAIN a question!...I don't think age has a lot to do with it as long as you can still get big and ripped....but pushing 40 and still being a shoe-in for the title?  No way....Ronnie's a freak, but he's still human!
Age and juicing are the most important factors! Training is not the most important factor, lots of amateurs train better than the olympians!
S

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 08:34:24 AM »
hahahah yes Toney is still SQUAD APPROVED.

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 01:21:32 PM »
uhhhhh.......Haney pulled down a #3 spot in his first O....Dorian got 2nd.....8th is good but it's not one of the best debuts ever.  I think you'll have to put him behind Gaspari, labrada, taylor, strydom, jim quinn, berry demay....I could probably go on for days. 

Toney looked great and I was happy for him but lets not make him out to be something he isn't

7th not 8th but it is ok.

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2006, 01:25:12 PM »
sorry bout that.....I still don't think that puts him in the same class as Gaspari, Labrada and the others....in this day and age 7th is great but Toney's been a pro for a few years gaspari placed 3rd has a rookie pro, Labrada as a 2nd year pro etc.....

Again, I think he looked great and am happy for him but you can't forget history when you make a claim like that.

7th place first time out on this stage with this competiton is amazing -

Gustavo
Melvin
jackson
victor
ron
jay

Congrats Xman - very much improved

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2006, 01:26:42 PM »
Age and juicing are the most important factors! Training is not the most important factor, lots of amateurs train better than the olympians!

Everyone is beatable - I commend the judges.. TRUE STORY

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2006, 01:29:28 PM »

2006 was a fantastic year. 2007 looks to be an entertaining year and promises to to be the year of the X

Bodybuilding is back!
Freeman
Jackson
Heath
Cutler
Warren
Henry
Badell
Anthony
Victor

Have - brought some great entertainment and should be some great battles for next year....

Thank you Ronnie -

what are cutler, warren and badell going to do for the year of the X?

Provide a contrast?

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2006, 02:19:21 PM »
Congrats Toney!!! Next year top 5.
I agree. He did awesome! next year I hope to see him top 5 forsure.
bodybuildersreality.com

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2006, 02:42:10 PM »
7th not 8th but it is ok.

Already got that one earlier, my mistake ;D ;D

7th place first time out on this stage with this competiton is amazing -

Gustavo
Melvin
jackson
victor
ron
jay

Congrats Xman - very much improved

yes it is.  I'm glad he did so well and I don't want to take anything away from him but I don't feel you should forget about guys who've made incredible first time showings.....

anyway, it's apples and oranges and it's here nor there...forget I even brought it up...congrats to Toney.....He should have been 6th..but that's another thread.
nasser=piece of shit

getfast81

• Getbig III
  • Borat is for the weak................
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2006, 03:33:49 PM »

Bodybuilding is back!
Freeman
Jackson
Heath
Cutler
Warren
Henry
Badell
Anthony
Victor

Thank you Ronnie -

Cutler?????????  X Man??? Ummmm NO.  Ronnie is more of an X Man than anyone gives him credit for.  Fell off this year.  Cutler is a 5'9 blocky mass monster that finally beat Ronnie and Ronnie only.
Truly STOP WHINING

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2006, 04:32:09 PM »
Not to mention, a pair of the goofiest looking eyebrows to ever grace a bodybuilding stage.