Author Topic: Fulfilled Bible Prophecy: Jerusalem Eastern Gate  (Read 7269 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Fulfilled Bible Prophecy: Jerusalem Eastern Gate
« on: October 02, 2006, 10:25:12 AM »
Prophecy: 590 to 570 B.C.
"Then the man brought me back to the outer gate of the sanctuary, the one facing east, and it was shut. The LORD said to me, "This gate is to remain shut. It must not be opened; no one may enter through it. It is to remain shut because the LORD, the God of Israel, has entered through it."
Ezekiel 44:1-2

Fulfilment part 1: 33 A.D.
"...because the LORD, the God of Israel, has entered through it."
Jesus Christ, the Messiah and Lord, the God of Israel enters the eastern gate.  Matthew 21:1-11
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2021:1-11&version=31

Fulfilment part 2: 1,099 AD
"...This gate is to remain shut. It must not be opened; no one may enter through it. It is to remain shut"
The Arabs take over Jerusalem, rebuild its surrounding walls along with its original gates. Then, for no logical reason they seal up the eastern gate, after rebuilding it.  And it is still sealed up today.

Dec. 12, 1917
"History records that the Turks were preparing to have the Eastern Gate opened.
On that very day Britain's General Edmund Allenby surrounded Jerusalem and demanded the Turks surrender. The Turks surrendered without a shot being fired."

June 7th, 1967
"Jordan's King Hussein had made plans to open up the Eastern Gate in an apparent attempt to disprove Bible prophecy.
It was also on this incredible day that the famed 6-Day War ended and Israel regained possession of the eastern portion of Jerusalem. This included the Eastern Gate."

October 31 of 1997
"Israel's Housing Ministry wants to reopen a sealed gate in the wall ringing Jerusalem's Old City...The plan to break through the 15-foot-thick stone wall - part of a project to build up the Jewish 'Quarter and increase its population "

The Eastern Gate is still shut today "because the LORD, the God of Israel, has entered through it."

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Fulfilled Bible Prophecy: Jerusalem Eastern Gate
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 10:56:37 AM »
So let me see if i got this right....

Ezekiel says:  God said:  "This gate shall be shut; because the Lord God of Israel has entered it: therefore it shall be shut."

then

Mathew says:  "Jesus Christ, the Messiah and Lord God of Israel enters the eastern gate."

Then

In 1099 the gate was sealed.....   A thousand years later?

And becuase they haven't unsealed it yet ....

this is the BIg prophecy that's come true?

First.....   The prophecy talks nothing about it never being opened again.

Second....  What are you ging to do when someday they open it?  If they never do, it will only be due to preserving it. 

Third....  That's about the dumbest arguement for the predicting the future or validating the BIble i've ever read so far.  (other than Bjork's Johnny rants, but they don't really count cause you really probably believe this)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 11:24:39 AM »
Mathew says:  "Jesus Christ, the Messiah and Lord God of Israel enters the eastern gate."

No, read my original post.  Notice that this is not in quotes.  You added the quotes.  So I am not quoting Matthew 21:1-11 here because it is too long.  The gospels say that Jesus entered through this gate.  The gospels say that Jesus claimed to be the Messiah and Lord God of Israel.  Read the four gospels.

In 1099 the gate was sealed.....   A thousand years later?

Yes

And becuase they haven't unsealed it yet ....
this is the BIg prophecy that's come true?

No. The big prophecy fulfilment is the fact that of all of these gates, only the one that is mentioned in the prophecy was sealed, just as foretold.  It is the fact that it was shut, not before, but after Jesus Christ had entered through it.  It is the fact that it was not sealed by Christians, but by non-Christian Arabs.  It is the fact that the Arabs sealed it right after rebuilding it.  It is the fact that it has remained sealed up after so many attempts by powerful forces to open it.

First.....   The prophecy talks nothing about it never being opened again.

Yes, it does

Second....  What are you ging to do when someday they open it?  If they never do, it will only be due to preserving it. 

"This gate is to remain shut"

Third....  That's about the dumbest arguement for the predicting the future or validating the BIble i've ever read so far.  (other than Bjork's Johnny rants, but they don't really count cause you really probably believe this)

Why?  So you are saying that all of this is mere coincidence?  Okay.  Homework for ya:  Go ask a mathematician the probability for this gate, of all gates in Jerusalem to be rebuilt, only to be sealed up, not before but after Jesus Christ had entered through it, then to have remained sealed up after so many attempts by powerful forces to open it, all of it as foretold by the Bible thousands of years ago.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 08:32:20 AM »
No, read my original post.  Notice that this is not in quotes.  You added the quotes.  So I am not quoting Matthew 21:1-11 here because it is too long.  The gospels say that Jesus entered through this gate.  The gospels say that Jesus claimed to be the Messiah and Lord God of Israel.  Read the four gospels.

I've read all of them.  Have you read them for contradictions?

No. The big prophecy fulfilment is the fact that of all of these gates, only the one that is mentioned in the prophecy was sealed, just as foretold.  It is the fact that it was shut, not before, but after Jesus Christ had entered through it.  It is the fact that it was not sealed by Christians, but by non-Christian Arabs.  It is the fact that the Arabs sealed it right after rebuilding it.  It is the fact that it has remained sealed up after so many attempts by powerful forces to open it.

The quote says "the gate will be shut"

It doesn't say it will be sealed.

It doesn't say it will be shut or sealed for ever.

And it doesn't say when it it will be shut other then to sugest it will be shut right afterwards not 1000 years later.

All you really have here is a vague coincedence.  Not even an exact coincedence.  Kind of like all the revalation prophecies people love to try an apply to present day.

Perhaps you should wake up from your religous intoxication and open the eyes GOD gave you.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 10:02:12 AM »
I've read all of them.  Have you read them for contradictions?

Yes, you said that already.  But sometimes you argue or question the most basic points as if you had never read them or as if you forgot.  So then I have to go off on a tangent for you just to explain something very basic.  Anyone who has read the gospels knows that Jesus entered through the eastern gate.  And anyone who has read the gospels knows that Jesus claimed to be the Messiah, and the Lord, the God of Israel.  You also speak as if you have never heard of this prophecy before?  Are you kidding me?  I thought you said you read the Bible from cover to cover many times.  This has been discussed for many years.  I'm not the only one who believes and talks about this.

The quote says "the gate will be shut"
It doesn't say it will be sealed.
It doesn't say it will be shut or sealed for ever.

God said that it would be shut after He entered through it and it happened, it was shut and it remains shut today. God said

"This gate is to remain shut. It must not be opened; no one may enter through it"

Read Ezekiel 44:1-2

And it doesn't say when it it will be shut other then to sugest it will be shut right afterwards not 1000 years later.

It says that it will be shut after the Lord entered through it, and it happened.

All you really have here is a vague coincedence.  Not even an exact coincedence.  Kind of like all the revalation prophecies people love to try an apply to present day.

Yes, yours is the possition many have chosen to take on this evidence.

Perhaps you should wake up from your religous intoxication and open the eyes GOD gave you.

My eyes are open, and so are yours.  You simply refuse to see.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 11:03:13 AM »
Have you read them for contradictions?

Brilliant, non-Christian minds such as C. S. Lewis, Josh McDowell, Lee Strobel and John N. Clayton set out to find these "contradictions" and thus disprove and discredit the Bible.  They all became devote Christians in the process.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 11:04:55 AM »
Yes, you said that already.  But sometimes you argue or question the most basic points as if you had never read them or as if you forgot.  So then I have to go off on a tangent for you just to explain something very basic.  Anyone who has read the gospels knows that Jesus entered through the eastern gate.  And anyone who has read the gospels knows that Jesus claimed to be the Messiah, and the Lord, the God of Israel.  You also speak as if you have never heard of this prophecy before?  Are you kidding me?  I thought you said you read the Bible from cover to cover many times.  This has been discussed for many years.  I'm not the only one who believes and talks about this.

I've heard of this prophecy before.  Jesus cliamed many things, or did he?  Being that the gospels were written what 30 to 50 years after his death i wonder how much personal, political, and organized religous agenda combined with inaccurate or accurate accounting of every word spoken and then add that to the contradictions in each gospel.  But that's another discussion.   ;)

God said that it would be shut after He entered through it and it happened, it was shut and it remains shut today. God said

"This gate is to remain shut. It must not be opened; no one may enter through it"

Read Ezekiel 44:1-2

It says that it will be shut after the Lord entered through it, and it happened.

Yes, yours is the possition many have chosen to take on this evidence.

If you take the exact words he said shut not seal.  Shut is the same as closed, Sealed sugests permanent.  Shut and closed sugests temporary.

"This gate shall be shut; because the Lord God of Israel has entered it: therefore it shall be shut."

A more accurate prophecy would be:

"The gate shall be sealed a 1000 years after the Lord God of Israel entered it:"

think of it this way, based on your logic, if the gate wasn't sealed until 500,000 years from then would the prophecy be as true?

God walked through the gate and a 1000 years later it was sealed.

You are saying becuase they said it would be shut after God walked through it the prophecy is true.

Very vague, very not accurate.

The gate was probably shut right after he walked through it.  Then reopened in the morning to let more poelpe in and out of the city.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 11:06:32 AM »
Brilliant, non-Christian minds such as C. S. Lewis, Josh McDowell, Lee Strobel and John N. Clayton set out to find these "contradictions" and thus disprove and discredit the Bible.  They all became devote Christians in the process.

Doesn't change the fact they still exsist and in a book that's supposed to be the word of god and therefore perfect.   It has mistakes therefore it isn't the word of god but instead the word of man and his desire for power, Control and wealth.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 11:11:32 AM »
If you take the exact words he said shut not seal.  Shut is the same as closed, Sealed sugests permanent.  Shut and closed sugests temporary.

I understand now what you mean by Shut vs. Sealed.  Actually, many of us believe that it will be reopened, but not until the end of times.  Until then, no force on earth will be able to reopen it.  But that's another discussion, for another time.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 11:13:53 AM »
Doesn't change the fact they still exsist and in a book that's supposed to be the word of god and therefore perfect.   It has mistakes therefore it isn't the word of god but instead the word of man and his desire for power, Control and wealth.

Contradictions?  Mistakes?  In the Bible, the Word of God?  Show them to me.  I'd love to see them.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 11:33:35 AM »
Contradictions?  Mistakes?  In the Bible, the Word of God?  Show them to me.  I'd love to see them.

Judas died.................... .. how?

"And he cast down the pieces of silver into the temple and departed, and went out and hanged himself." (Matt. 27:5)

"And falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all of his bowels gushed out." (Acts 1:18)

Jesus' last words.................?

Matt.27:46,50: "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" ...Jesus, when he cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost."

Luke23:46: "And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, "Father, unto thy hands I commend my spirit:" and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."

John19:30: "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, "It is finished:" and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."

Just a couple easy ones to start with.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2006, 12:31:06 PM »
Judas died.................... .. how?
"And he cast down the pieces of silver into the temple and departed, and went out and hanged himself." (Matt. 27:5)
"And falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all of his bowels gushed out." (Acts 1:18)

Judas died by hanging himself according ot Matt.  Acts does not say how he died.  It simply decribes what happened to his dead body.  After hanging himself, either the tree branch or the rope broke from his body weight, "And falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all of his bowels gushed out."

Jesus' last words.................?
Matt.27:46,50: "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" ...Jesus, when he cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost."

What words did he cry then?

Luke23:46: "And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, "Father, unto thy hands I commend my spirit:" and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."

Had already cried with a loud voice.  Again, cry what words?

John 19:30: "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, "It is finished:" and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."

Jesus' last words were "It is finished".  Before that Jesus said "Father, unto thy hands I commend my spirit".  Before that Jesus said "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

These are witness accounts.  John was standing at the foot of the cross, where Jesus could speak to him.  Luke and Mathew were standing farther behind, one probably closer to the cross than the other.  John heard every word, while Luke and Mathew might not have heard every single word Jesus said on the cross.  The four gospels do not contradict each other.  They rather compliment each other and give us a better picture of the accounts that each of the four apostles witnessed.  Just because they don't say the exact same thing word by word does not mean that they contradict each other.

Just a couple easy ones to start with.

You do realize that this could go on for ever.  You skeptics have a never ending list of "contradictions" and "error" in the Bible which aren't really contradictions or errors.  Then, you and I can go back and forth for ever on a single one of these.  I asked you to show me some real contradictions and some real Biblical errors, something I haven't heard or read before.

I have a life and I have a job, so why don't you just give me the two hardest ones that exist and we'll go with that.  Deal?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2006, 04:45:46 PM »
Judas died by hanging himself according ot Matt.  Acts does not say how he died.  It simply decribes what happened to his dead body.  After hanging himself, either the tree branch or the rope broke from his body weight, "And falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all of his bowels gushed out."

If we can't get past these "easy" ones what's the point of going to the "hard" ones?

If you read the versus before that in Acts you'll sdee they are describing his death.   

What words did he cry then?

Have you ever heard someone cry loudly? 

These are witness accounts.  John was standing at the foot of the cross, where Jesus could speak to him.  Luke and Mathew were standing farther behind, one probably closer to the cross than the other.  John heard every word, while Luke and Mathew might not have heard every single word Jesus said on the cross.  The four gospels do not contradict each other.  They rather compliment each other and give us a better picture of the accounts that each of the four apostles witnessed.  Just because they don't say the exact same thing word by word does not mean that they contradict each other.

OK, so we have Jesus on a cross and John in front, Luke and Mathew both standing behind...  They were obviously all looking at him and probably could hear him talk.  If they heard the first of the  things he allegedly said then they in likely hood heard everything else.  WHy?  Becuase according to them this was GOD on the cross, this is a good reason to hang on everyword.  If you where mathew wouldn't ask John what Jesus sakid last?  Wouldn't that be an important part of your gospel? 

But no, 50 years later, when the desire for power and control are running rampid in their viens they can't get their stories straight.  If there are inaccurracies or contradictions as simple as this how can you know in your heart that these are the words of GOD and not man?  You can only know that becuase you refuse to open you eyes and find GOD in something other than a BOOK written by man and put together in a political enviroment to establish a Church and sTate.   Just like soo many people they find their GOD from what they taught by their parents, firends, Pastors etc...   When all the while GOD is inside you.  Not in some incomplete, inaccurate book used to fuel the flames of FEAR and set the stsage for control.

Yes we could argue this forever.   

But Jesus last words would be far from trivial IMO.  And we have 3 different stories. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2006, 08:50:29 PM »
If you read the versus before that in Acts you'll sdee they are describing his death.   

Then why didn't you include the verse before?
Verse 17 says:  "he was one of our number and shared in this ministry." 
Where does it say how Judas died?

We are past these "easy" ones and any others you can throw at me.  These Biblical "contradictions", "mistakes" and "errors" that you "googled" have been argued for many years by skeptics like you and defended by Christian Bible scholars. 

Since you've read the Bible many times, so closely as you said, I thought maybe you had something new to throw at me. 

The fact is that the Bible is the Word of God.  It is complete and filled with many fulfilled prophecies, historical and scientific accuracies and filled with the truth.  Most of the Bible was written before there was any church you speak of to influence anyone.  There are no "contradictions", "mistakes" or "errors" in the Bible, not a single one.

I have experienced Jesus Christ's changing power personally, so I don't need proof to believe that the Bible is the Word of God and that God, the Lord of Israel is the one true God, the holy Father, and that Jesus and the Father are one.

You have eyes, but you refuse to see.  The god that you believe in allows you to get away with your sin.  If that makes you feel better, go on believing this lie. 

My God is love, but He is also a holy and just God who will not allow my sin to go unpunished.  So Jesus was punished in my place.  Jesus died for your sins.  Repent and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour and you too will be forgiven.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2006, 06:59:53 AM »
Just like soo many people they find their GOD from what they taught by their parents, firends, Pastors etc...   When all the while GOD is inside you.  Not in some incomplete, inaccurate book used to fuel the flames of FEAR and set the stsage for control.

Oh yeah?  How is that any different than what you are doing?  You didn't just read the Bible from cover to cover and come up with every single one of these so called "inaccuracies", "contradictions", "mistakes" and "errors".  You read or heard about these somewhere from someone who has an agenda and you bought it.  You were influenced by them instead of doing your own free thinking.  Your belief in these so called Biblical "contradictions" require as much faith on your part as my belief that the Bible is the Word of God.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2006, 07:42:18 AM »

We are past these "easy" ones and any others you can throw at me.  These Biblical "contradictions", "mistakes" and "errors" that you "googled" have been argued for many years by skeptics like you and defended by Christian Bible scholars. 

Since you've read the Bible many times, so closely as you said, I thought maybe you had something new to throw at me. 

The fact is that the Bible is the Word of God.  It is complete and filled with many fulfilled prophecies, historical and scientific accuracies and filled with the truth.  Most of the Bible was written before there was any church you speak of to influence anyone.  There are no "contradictions", "mistakes" or "errors" in the Bible, not a single one.

I have experienced Jesus Christ's changing power personally, so I don't need proof to believe that the Bible is the Word of God and that God, the Lord of Israel is the one true God, the holy Father, and that Jesus and the Father are one.

You have eyes, but you refuse to see.  The god that you believe in allows you to get away with your sin.  If that makes you feel better, go on believing this lie. 

My God is love, but He is also a holy and just God who will not allow my sin to go unpunished.  So Jesus was punished in my place.  Jesus died for your sins.  Repent and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour and you too will be forgiven.

Well i would think if this is the all mighty word of GOD he could write it in such a way that "contracdictions or suspected contradictions don't exsist"  Perhaps he was sleeping in writing class when he was a junior Heaven High School.

The GOD i believe in doesn't allow me to get away with sins.....  YOUR GOD does as soo many proffessed christians live hypocritical lives and belive all their actions are "Justified by Faith" .  You don't follow the BIBLE word for word anyway. 

IF you take the "BIBLE" out of how you live you life, where would find GOD?  Yes, you personal "Jesus" experience would still exsist.  But it wouldn't be mutated by Preachers and this collection of scrolls that were put together by politicians.  Do you even know how this BIBLe of yours came about?

Oh yeah?  How is that any different than what you are doing?  You didn't just read the Bible from cover to cover and come up with every single one of these so called "inaccuracies", "contradictions", "mistakes" and "errors".  You read or heard about these somewhere from someone who has an agenda and you bought it.  You were influenced by them instead of doing your own free thinking.  Your belief in these so called Biblical "contradictions" require as much faith on your part as my belief that the Bible is the Word of God.

No, you mistake my "faith".  I strongly believe in GOD.  I don't believe the BIBLE in it's entirety is the word of GOD.   I didn't "buy" anyones agenda, I came to my own conclusions when for the 20th time i read, "Behold he has become one of us" Or soemthing like that in genesus.  Everything else is just support material from people who belive the same as i do.

But if you still want to argue contradictions i can post them....  like Earth standing still.....

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2006, 07:50:30 AM »
If we can't get past these "easy" ones what's the point of going to the "hard" ones?

Yes, we can and we have.

Have you ever heard someone cry loudly? 
OK, so we have Jesus on a cross and John in front, Luke and Mathew both standing behind...  They were obviously all looking at him and probably could hear him talk.  If they heard the first of the  things he allegedly said then they in likely hood heard everything else.  WHy?  Becuase according to them this was GOD on the cross, this is a good reason to hang on everyword.  If you where mathew wouldn't ask John what Jesus sakid last?  Wouldn't that be an important part of your gospel? 

See, again you seem as someone who has never read the gospels and again I have to explain some very basic points.  They do not contradict each other.  They compliment each other.  Luke and Mathew were not right behind John.  If you read the gospels then you know that all of Jesus' apostles were afraid to be seen with each other and to be identified as one of Jesus' followers.  They feared for their life, and at this point they had doubts that Jesus was who he said he was...except for John.  John was the only one who didn't doubt, the only one who was not afraid to be identified as one of Jesus' followers.  He was the only one of the 3 who could hear what Jesus SAID on the cross.  Mathew and John could only hear what Jesus CRIED LOUDLY.  Read it again.  Mathew and Luke both agree that Jesus cried twice loudly.  Mathew tells us exactly what Jesus cried loudly the first time.  Luke tells us what Jesus cried loudly the second time.  John says that Jesus SAID, not cried loudly, but said..."It is finished."  Don't ask me what I would do if I were Mathew or Luke or John.  We are discussing whether or not they contradict each other and they don't.  They compliment each other.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2006, 09:00:37 AM »
Well i would think if this is the all mighty word of GOD he could write it in such a way that "contracdictions or suspected contradictions don't exsist"  Perhaps he was sleeping in writing class when he was a junior Heaven High School.

You did not answer my question. 

How could God have written it in such a way that "contradictions or suspected contradictions" don't exist?  If all four gospels said the same thing word by word, would that be enough for you?  No, it wouldn't.  Then you would say that some guy wrote one, made three copies, then put the names Mathew, Mark, John and Luke at the top.  Funny how to skeptics small "problems" cause credibility issues and perfection would also cause credibility issues.

If all four gospels said the same thing word by word, then they would not compliment each other as they do today.  Then there would be no need for four gospels and we would need only one.  But then, if we have only one, skeptics would say that it is nothing but a single witness account and that two or more witness accounts are necessary to make a case. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2006, 09:19:25 AM »
The GOD i believe in doesn't allow me to get away with sins.....  YOUR GOD does

In case you are taking this personal and thus you intend to offend me, I am not attacking your god or your faith.  I was referring to a post in which you say that My God is a monster for punishing Israel's desobedience.  That's all.  Now you say that your god does not let you get away with your sin, but my God lets me get away with my sin?  Aren't you contradicting yourself?  

Do you even know how this BIBLe of yours came about?

Yes.  You can't teach me anything new about my own faith.  I've done my homework.

...soo many proffessed christians live hypocritical lives and belive all their actions are "Justified by Faith" .

Agreed.  There are hypocrites in every walk of life, in religious groups and outiside religious groups, in the gym, at work, etc.  Just be careful not to be judgemental in trying to identify who is a hypocrigte and who is not.  You yourself have been a hypocrite at one time or another.  But the Bible does not teach that Christians can get away with their sin.

You don't follow the BIBLE word for word anyway.  

Correct, but I do try because I believe every word of it.  If I were successful, I'd be perfect.  Christians are not perfect, just forgiven.

I am a bodybuilder too, but I do not follow training and nutrition word by word either.  I try my best because I believe it will make me leaner, muscular and healthy, but I don't follow it word by word.  That doesn't make me a hypocrite.  I'm still a bodybuilder.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2006, 10:13:01 AM »
In case you are taking this personal and thus you intend to offend me, I am not attacking your god or your faith.  I was referring to a post in which you say that My God is a monster for punishing Israel's desobedience.  That's all.  Now you say that your god does not let you get away with your sin, but my God lets me get away with my sin?  Aren't you contradicting yourself? 

Sorry if my response might have offended you.   that was not my intention.

One thing I think we should remember here: 

It's not My GOD and Your GOD.

It's our individual interpretation of the same GOD. 

I'm not saying that GOD lets you get waway with your sin.  All i was saying is I don't identify with the GOD described in exudus who ordered 3000 women and children killed for being insecure.   

It's like this:  I don't need a set of guideline to live by from a book.  The set of guidelines I live by comes from inside of me, from GOD.  Many of those guidelines are talked about in the BIBLE....exp:  "Do on to others...." 

But the many OT "rules" and many of the NT "rules" that can be classified as sins, I don't believe are sins. I bellieve they are guidelines set by people with an agenda for manipulating and controling people through setting up a church and religion combined with the social structure and expectation of male and female behavior of time they were written.

So if you take all the BIBLE stuff out of your faith, And just focus on your personal relationship with GOD I think you and i will find we are on similar pages.  that's all  :)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2006, 10:43:20 AM »
Sorry if my response might have offended you.   that was not my intention.

No offence taken.  I just wasn't sure if you took what I said personal.  I appreciate your mature reply!