Author Topic: Perfurme at the Gym (?)  (Read 6374 times)

2lean

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Perfurme at the Gym (?)
« on: October 02, 2006, 10:36:11 AM »
I've got a question for you ladies.  I usually work out at the gym early A.M.  Lately this one gal has been coming in with very strong perfume on.  It is so strong the scent lingers even when she is not in the area. One day I was in one end of the gym and I could smell her as she was entering the lockerroom which is about halfway up the gym.  I don't have a problem with anyone wearing cologne.  It is just this particular cologne stinks.  As a matter of fact one of the guys made a comment to her about the overpowering odor.  You would think she would get the hint but she didn't.  I hate to go in the locker room after she has been in there and I find I put a towel over my nose if I am around her.  If I am working out near her, I will move to another section just to get away from her.  This scent is very nauseating.  FYI: she doesn't work outside the home so she doesn't have it on so she will get dressed to go to work.  I have noticed others making faces when she walks by.  Should someone say something to her or just let it go.  Or should something maybe be said to someone at the gym's front desk and let them handle it.  I've put a small aerosol can of air freshner in my gym bag so I can spray the locker room after she leaves.  This is really getting out of hand.

Any suggestions or should I just drop it?

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
Re: Perfurme at the Gym (?)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 11:00:12 AM »
Yesterday I was on the treadmill just doing 15 minutes while waiting for our annual instructors meeting to start. Soon after an older female, wearing pancaked make-up and smelling like "old ladies" perfume came and started walking right beside me. I coughed a couple of times and then got off. WTF, why wear perfume at the gym? Same for men, don't wear cologne either. It's not Bed, Bath and Beyond it's a gym.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 11:01:03 AM »
2lean, in your case I'd ask the gym manager to speak w/her.   We have a couple ladies that wear strong perfume but that doesn't bother me nearly as much as the lady we refer to as "Aquanet." 

The smell of her hairspray is so strong and bad that it's like there is a huge invisible cloud around her in which it is hard to breathe.  I absolutely cannot do cardio anywhere near her.

Also, if she walks through an area, the "entity" of the cloud of hairspray scent lingers for a long time.

Fortunately, our gym is really large, so we just move.
R

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 11:59:15 AM »
Just my 2 pennies...
I would rather smell nice perfume instead of nasty sweat and armpit odur. Its all just a matter of hygene.

PB

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 02:40:04 PM »
Bring in a can of Fabrese Odor Eliminator and spray when she goes by.  She'll get the picture.   ;D

I hate overpowering perfume of any scent.
:D Weee

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 02:51:33 PM »
mac n cheese + lotsa creatine + vanadyl = ICBMs ;D

aim in her vicinity...fire....

she'll simply stop hanging around ANYWHERE near ya... :)
carpe` vaginum!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 04:38:18 PM »
If you find it truly unbearable, let her know.
You can tell her without offending her if you're diplomatic enough.

If you can't bring yourself to communicate with her about, ...it's probably not all that unbearable for you.

Just my take on it.
w

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 04:49:35 PM »
I have a special cologne that I only wear to the gym...but I don't take a bath in it, just one squirt
X

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 06:25:46 PM »
I have a special cologne that I only wear to the gym...but I don't take a bath in it, just one squirt
Agreed. I do the same.

PB

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 06:54:28 PM »
Cologne or perfume?
:D Weee

Chamorrita

• Getbig III
  • Mens sana in corpore sano.
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 10:32:25 PM »
This is a tough one.  I had this friend who would wear so much cologne to the gym.  Whenever we'd see one another, we'd kiss hello (it's customary where I am from to always kiss on the cheek).  My face would smell of his cologne for the rest of the night till I could wash.  Ugh!  I couldn't bear to say anything to him.  I think if it's so offensive, you might want to just ask her if she didn't mind, not wear the perfume it's making you nauseas.  Maybe she'll just say ok.  At least you've said your peace.  If she refuses, well, then...what a Biatch!!  LOL!

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2006, 07:45:26 AM »
This is a tough one.  I had this friend who would wear so much cologne to the gym.  Whenever we'd see one another, we'd kiss hello (it's customary where I am from to always kiss on the cheek).  My face would smell of his cologne for the rest of the night till I could wash.  Ugh!  I couldn't bear to say anything to him.  I think if it's so offensive, you might want to just ask her if she didn't mind, not wear the perfume it's making you nauseas.  Maybe she'll just say ok.  At least you've said your peace.  If she refuses, well, then...what a Biatch!!  LOL!
Lana, girl all you gotta do is throw some pugua at the bum and let him chew on it for awhile! ;D He'll get the hint!

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2006, 07:47:21 AM »
pugua?

2lean

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2006, 08:02:57 AM »
You all are the best!
If her cologne had a better scent to it, it wouldn't be so bad.  Even at that a little bit goes a long way. I didn't see her this morning, so if she is in tomorrow, I will try to "diplomatically" ask her if maybe she would refrain from using this particular cologne/perfume or just not wear any at all.  She has been a member at this gym for quite some time and I have never noticed any bad body odor from her at all.  That is why I can't understand her need for this cologne/perfume.

Thanks again for all of your suggestions!

Chamorrita

• Getbig III
  • Mens sana in corpore sano.
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2006, 10:01:20 AM »
Lana, girl all you gotta do is throw some pugua at the bum and let him chew on it for awhile! ;D He'll get the hint!

LOL!  Never chew pugua during your workout.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2006, 10:25:32 AM »
what's pugua?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2006, 11:04:13 AM »
You all are the best!
If her cologne had a better scent to it, it wouldn't be so bad.  Even at that a little bit goes a long way. I didn't see her this morning, so if she is in tomorrow, I will try to "diplomatically" ask her if maybe she would refrain from using this particular cologne/perfume or just not wear any at all.  She has been a member at this gym for quite some time and I have never noticed any bad body odor from her at all.  That is why I can't understand her need for this cologne/perfume.

Thanks again for all of your suggestions!
Unless the reason for all the purfume is because she is there to get picked up. You never know.

PB

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2006, 02:20:49 PM »

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2006, 02:21:46 PM »
i already looked it up

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2006, 03:39:49 PM »
Their is a cute gal at my gym thats usally their the same time I am and it usally ends up that we do cardio at the same time. She wears this raspberry lotion that is just perfect, very light and not to sweet. :)
X

2lean

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2006, 09:52:39 AM »
Well, I chickened out - cluck, cluck! I didn't have the guts to tell her to her face so I brought a can of odor eliminator in my gym bag so I can at least spray the locker room after she has been in there.  This morning her colgne was especially bad/strong.  She loves having the floor fan positioned so it is on full force on her while she does her cardio.  Unfortunately it is hell for those downwind!  Good thing for me, though, I wasn't near her today with the exception of going in to the lockerroom after her. 

Oh well, I guess it could be worse!

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2006, 09:55:33 AM »
lol chicken

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2006, 10:23:53 AM »
Well, I chickened out - cluck, cluck! I didn't have the guts to tell her to her face so I brought a can of odor eliminator in my gym bag so I can at least spray the locker room after she has been in there.  This morning her colgne was especially bad/strong.  She loves having the floor fan positioned so it is on full force on her while she does her cardio.  Unfortunately it is hell for those downwind!  Good thing for me, though, I wasn't near her today with the exception of going in to the lockerroom after her. 

Oh well, I guess it could be worse!

If you're not wanting to approach her or the gym manager about it yourself, write your concern down anonymously and place it in your gym's suggestion box.  If you don't have a suggestion box at your gym, slip it under the manager's door when he/she is out :)

I would suggest you approach the gym manager yourself though...but my gym has a really good, tactful gym manager. 
R

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2006, 08:26:27 PM »
Some old lady at the gym put on a whole bottle of this super sweet smelling garbage. It makes it hard to breathe. I swear if somebody lit a match the lady would spontaneously combust.
The House that Ruth built

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2006, 09:34:44 AM »
bmacsys, please check your PM's :)
R