Author Topic: Question about the Olympia...  (Read 2657 times)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Question about the Olympia...
« on: October 02, 2006, 02:57:28 PM »
Lets look at this:

In 2001, you had Jay and Ronnie very very close, with Ronnie dominating from the back, while being close in the front with Jay. Who was better from the front was and still is being debated to this day.

And Ronnie was given the nod.

Fast forward to 2006:

Jay shows up in good shape, Ronnie way off (possibly his worst ever).  However, this time, you had Ronnie and Jay very close from the back, AND the front. In fact, so far, it looks as though Ronnie was slightly better from the front and Jay was slightly better from the back (ronnie's back being soft and having problems spreading his famous lats).

Only this time, Jay dominates on the scorecard.

How is it that 2001 was so debatable and 2006 was a land slide?

I think its pretty obvious that Ronnie did not necessarily lose to Jay, but rather he lost to his prior presentations.

2005 Ronnie

2006 Ronnie

2006 Jay

It is a shame that ronnie beat ronnie by coming in soft.

Had he been in shape, he would have won number 9..
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Re: Question about the Olympia...
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 09:55:35 PM »
very puzzling indeed...
Flower Boy Ran Away

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 09:58:20 PM »
The scoresheet is your smoking gun.  Jay beat Ronnie on just about everything, even the front poses.  That is shady as can be.  And Jay had a far greater physique advantage in 2006 than in 2001.

It was just time.  PDI breathing down the next, BBing losing it's allure, and the need to sell the 2007 Mr O promotion.  big changes this year. Why not give jay one before all hell breaks loose?

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 10:03:31 PM »
hulkster your answer lies in ronnies right delt in the 2nd pic u posted, to why from the front! sure ronnies huge, ripped ect.... but a real eye will catch the non existent detail in the right and normal detail in the left!

to many injuries right delt totally smooth due to possible a cortisone injection(for pain), tricep just not there at all and the lat!
its pretty simple, maybe with 1 or 2 things ... but 3 glaring straight at the judges ::)

AVBG

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 10:04:43 PM »
The scoresheet is your smoking gun.  Jay beat Ronnie on just about everything, even the front poses.  That is shady as can be.  And Jay had a far greater physique advantage in 2006 than in 2001.

It was just time.  PDI breathing down the next, BBing losing it's allure, and the need to sell the 2007 Mr O promotion.  big changes this year. Why not give jay one before all hell breaks loose?

I agree, furthermore gone are now the days for multi title winners... I cant see the IFBB allowing someone to win the O more than two times consecutively.

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 10:14:45 PM »
after looking at that 2nd pic hulkster posted ronnie shouldnt have placed ahead of dex and vic! the shoulder is way to obvious and the left thigh has no detail at all!

John Romano

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 10:15:28 PM »
Ronni beat himself by trying to come in at 300 pounds.  Chad told me Ronnie dropped 17 pounds of water from prejudging to the finals.  And, his condition from the judging to the finals was much improved. But it was too little too late.  He was much closer to Jay at the finals - in some ways better.  Had he been judged in his Saturday condition, and if he could spread out his lats (because of the rumored triceps tear?), things might be different today.

AVBG

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 10:18:23 PM »
Ronni beat himself by trying to come in at 300 pounds.  Chad told me Ronnie dropped 17 pounds of water from prejudging to the finals.  And, his condition from the judging to the finals was much improved. But it was too little too late.  He was much closer to Jay at the finals - in some ways better.  Had he been judged in his Saturday condition, and if he could spread out his lats (because of the rumored triceps tear?), things might be different today.

LOL.. Thats great.. Ronnie's mind games backfired.. Seriously, Ronnie was way too heavy, he looked awkward when he is that big the 'lines' that he is famous for disappear.

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 10:20:45 PM »
so he was 283 at the night show? jay was 273, if jay adds another 5 to 10 lbs and ronnie comes in on as a 43 yr old can.. that will make for a great battle!

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 10:22:49 PM »
So Ronnie has flaws?  So Ronnie isn't as good as he once was?  Yes, that is an intelligent judging standard: to compare a bodybuilder to his best ever form.  No reason to compare him to the competition of anything.

But Victor and and Dexter next to Ronnie and you will see why they placed behind him.  Ronnie not being at his personal best, or having flaws does not mean he deserved to be relegated any lower than where he placed.

He deserved to win this year as much as he did in a lot of other years.  2002 is the only year I would argue he probably shouldn't have been there.  That said, I think he only deserves eight Sandows anyway.
bro what part of he has a major problem cant you understand? his one shoulder is ripped and the other is a bowlingball, has nothing to do with him from the past! if his shoulder looked like that in the past he shouldnt of have won then either!

jeeez it would look better if both were totally round and smooth, its just way to obvious! its so bad you would think the pic was photoshopped!

John Romano

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 10:33:16 PM »
so he was 283 at the night show? jay was 273, if jay adds another 5 to 10 lbs and ronnie comes in on as a 43 yr old can.. that will make for a great battle!

That's probably why they did it.  The most Olympia tickets ever sold was to the one that had Ronnie coming in after Gunter beat him at the GNC.

ReEvolution

• Getbig III
  • goodbye ronnie
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 10:55:46 PM »
next years ticket sales will be huge if Ronnie comes back to try again
two thumbs WAY up!!!

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2006, 11:00:54 PM »
I don't think the judges give a shit about age and injuries.. You come in looking like crap, you walk home without the Sandow
I am a mini beast

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2006, 11:01:47 PM »
next years ticket sales will be huge if Ronnie comes back to try again

First...Ron needs to take the Euro shows.  0-3 or 0-4 wont do it. This is on Manion and the crew.  Odds are Ron puts it together.
Oh...Monica!

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2006, 02:38:58 AM »
Ronnie was not off in my opinion.  The only things off about his physique were what appeared to be minor injuries to his triceps and lat - and guess what?  He sustained that injury to his triceps during his victory collapse at the Olympia last year.  Had he been more graceful in victory #8 he may have #9 today.  Bursitis isn't easy to get over, especially at age 42.

I disagree that Jay only beat Ronnie slightly from the back.  I think it was clear Jay's back was noticeably better than Ronnie's.  However, as far as overall back poses go, Ronnie had Jay on glutes and hamstrings.

Ronnie was way harder.  Let's be clear about one thing: Jay does not have the genetics to EVER in his life be as hard as Ronnie.  Never.  It is genetically impossible and you can drug Jay up as much as possible (and this is already so) and it will never happen.  Sad to say it, but guys entered a local show in Thunder Bay in June and were harder than Jay.  Not that Jay isn't hard, but he can't genetically get as hard as Ronnie ever.

Ronnie's front double biceps and front lat spreads were so far ahead of Jay's that with that alone, I would give it to Ronnie.

How can you consider this to be "off".

My thoughts are here:

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/jaycutlerwins.html

I will have much more to say later.

One thing is for sure: 41 years of bodybuilding history would tell us Ronnie should have won - even IF you can argue that Jay deserved to win.  Personally I don't agree that Jay deserved to win.  BUT, even IF you could argue that, as I said, it STILL makes no sense that Ronnie lost.  In the history of bodybuilding the reigning champ will prevail, whether or not he deserves to is irrelevant.

Monster inconsistency in judging standards.

Here's an idea IFBB: award the title to who you think is the best man of the night!  I might not agree with you (like this time), but that IS the best system.  This reign for the sake of reign crap is just that - crap.
dude if jay would have lost you would be saying just the opposite..you would have said jay had a better back than coleman but still lost.jay had better triceps than coleman but still lost..you would have also siad that jay had bette legs and abs than coleman but still lost..then you would have cited examples from the 2001 mr olympiA and you would have stated that how jay lost that show inspite of being in awesome shape and again lost this show inspite of being in good shape..dude you are crazy and stop lickking colemans ass..jay beat him so bad that its would we good for coleman to just retire..he has no place in bodybuilding after this loss
JAY CUTLER BEAT RONNIE COLEMAN AT THE OLYMPIA 2006..DEAL WITH THIS FACT AND MOVE ON!!!!
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2006, 08:56:01 AM »
Ronni beat himself by trying to come in at 300 pounds.  Chad told me Ronnie dropped 17 pounds of water from prejudging to the finals.  And, his condition from the judging to the finals was much improved. But it was too little too late.  He was much closer to Jay at the finals - in some ways better.  Had he been judged in his Saturday condition, and if he could spread out his lats (because of the rumored triceps tear?), things might be different today.

I can't imagine dropping that much water in one day. I know what they must have used, but, talk about irresponsible healthwise  :o No wonder people are losing kidneys.

John Romano

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2006, 09:07:31 AM »
dude if jay would have lost you would be saying just the opposite..you would have said jay had a better back than coleman but still lost.jay had better triceps than coleman but still lost..you would have also siad that jay had bette legs and abs than coleman but still lost..then you would have cited examples from the 2001 mr olympiA and you would have stated that how jay lost that show inspite of being in awesome shape and again lost this show inspite of being in good shape..dude you are crazy and stop lickking colemans ass..jay beat him so bad that its would we good for coleman to just retire..he has no place in bodybuilding after this loss
JAY CUTLER BEAT RONNIE COLEMAN AT THE OLYMPIA 2006..DEAL WITH THIS FACT AND MOVE ON!!!!
There is CLEARLY something wrong with the left side of his body. Look at the front DBl Bi shot. Left arm and lat WAY smaller than his right.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2006, 09:09:12 AM »
Ronnie is not squad approved... :(
L

TDK

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2006, 09:37:46 AM »
I put a post up asking if Ron would have beat Jay if he had his nightshow condition at prejuding.  I think he would have personally.  He was way harder at the nightshow and had less oil on....he just looked more like the Ronnie we are used to.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2006, 09:43:55 AM »
Monster inconsistency in judging standards.

The only problem is that in the past Yates, Haney, Columbu and others have been allowed to win. Coleman didn't deserve it; his surliness might've been the difference with the guys who decide the contest.

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2006, 09:45:18 AM »
jeeez that right delt seems to be getting more rediculous everytime i look at this thread, did he get stung by a bunch of hornets? and the left thigh is atrophied and smooth... this is the end plain and simple!

is this synthol injections gone bad, omg ronnie uses synthol?

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2006, 02:39:57 PM »
jeeez that right delt seems to be getting more rediculous everytime i look at this thread, did he get stung by a bunch of hornets? and the left thigh is atrophied and smooth... this is the end plain and simple!

is this synthol injections gone bad, omg ronnie uses synthol?

slayer, I will tell you again for the last time:

Ronnie was fairly smooth from top to bottom, with the exception of his biceps, which looked the best since 2003.

You can't then single out one muscle group and cry synthol.

sure, ronnie's shoulder does look inflammed.

but that does not mean it was injected.

Look at it this way: why would someone who arguably had the GREATEST delts EVER at one point:

need to inject synthol at this point?

ronnie's delts have always been one of his strongest bodyparts.
Flower Boy Ran Away