Author Topic: Lou Ferrigno - Inevitable every year:  (Read 5929 times)

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
Lou Ferrigno - Inevitable every year:
« on: October 02, 2006, 08:20:26 PM »

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Re: hahaha Inevitable every year:
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 08:36:40 PM »
I want to make this clear: Lou is poor.  If he is making his living $20 at a time he is obviously poor.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 08:45:19 PM »
God damn, what keeps this guy coming back and making a bigger ass of himself year after year? How greedy and stupid is he.. is this how he wants to be remembered?  ???

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 08:55:01 PM »

Leave the tight shirts for the big guys.
Motherboy (the band).

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 09:36:28 PM »
Seriously, did he have any lines or customers for his $20 mugshots? And wasn't the Incredible Hulk on TV in the late 1970's? Who buys that nonsense.
a

airrick

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Treat others the way you want to be treated.
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 09:37:59 PM »
I can honestly clear up that each time Id walk by... there was nobody at his booth.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 09:38:56 PM »
I can honestly clear up that each time Id walk by... there was nobody at his booth.

;D ;D Sadness.
a

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Lou Ferrigno - Inevitable every year:
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 09:41:24 PM »

Well - when I walked by, there were a number of people at his booth. Unlike some diehard bodybuilders, there are various mainstream fans who want Lou Ferrigno's autographs and pictures. That is his choice to charge what he wants for them. What I don't agree with is his refusal to take a picture with someone who doesnt want to buy a picture.

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 09:46:04 PM »
Well - when I walked by, there were a number of people at his booth. Unlike some diehard bodybuilders, there are various mainstream fans who want Lou Ferrigno's autographs and pictures. That is his choice to charge what he wants for them. What I don't agree with is his refusal to take a picture with someone who doesnt want to buy a picture.

hes probally a bit short on cash. i doubt he gets much, if any money from the hulk reruns!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 09:55:34 PM »
what does it cost to rent an olympia expo booth?

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 09:56:46 PM »
That sign is there out of arrogance i think...he knows everyone talks about him so he just keeps doing it. god what a fag. I'd tell him na, I don't pay 20 dollars for pics of washed up celebrities.
bodybuildersreality.com

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 09:58:45 PM »
Lou should start marketing toilet paper.

then I'd buy it 8)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2006, 10:02:47 PM »
Lou should start marketing toilet paper.

then I'd buy it 8)
hahahaha! ;D thats halairous!
bodybuildersreality.com

John Romano

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2006, 10:06:21 PM »
Well - when I walked by, there were a number of people at his booth. Unlike some diehard bodybuilders, there are various mainstream fans who want Lou Ferrigno's autographs and pictures. That is his choice to charge what he wants for them. What I don't agree with is his refusal to take a picture with someone who doesn't want to buy a picture.

Yup, big Lou started all that.  He looks at it like this: he's in the biz of selling pictures.  If fans come up and take their own pic of him for free, they don't buy the pics he's selling.  Back in the era he is from, pros made money selling pictures at all the shows and expos and many of them adopted Lou's tenet of business.  Now most of the autographs are free to fans as a condition of an athlete's endorsement contract. Lou is still selling pics because he is still under contract with , not AMI, but with Joe Weider.  He probably sold 150 photos over the weekend.  That's an extra 3 grand in cash for Louie to take home.  But, he still pays to produce the copies, so it is not all profit.  Whatever it is, it is still worth it to Louie, and enough of his fans support him to keep him coming back.  If Louie makes it to 80 and bodybuilding is also still around, he will still show up at the Olympia and the ASC to sell his pics.

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2006, 10:10:49 PM »
I want to make this clear: Lou is poor.  If he is making his living $20 at a time he is obviously poor.

We all need cash and at least Big Lou Inc hasn't stooped to the level of McLoud!

Then again, perhaps we'll see Big Lou offering 20 bucks for a strip??? LOL

John Romano

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2006, 10:41:13 PM »
No matter what, it doesn't sound like Lou makes too much money these days.

I don't know, Matt.  He's still living in his house in Santa Monica - north of Wilshire.  He's remodeled it a couple of times.  It's probably worth 3 - 4 Mill. And he has a ranch in northern Callie. And he has some other real estate.  He works a lot of weekends doing celebrity appearances and selling his signature.  He does the comic conventions too.  He's on TV fairly regularly and gets bit parts in movies.  He is huge over seas.  And he has a few endorsement contracts.  Louie is always working.  I wouldn't say he's poor.

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2006, 10:49:27 PM »
I don't know, Matt.  He's still living in his house in Santa Monica - north of Wilshire.  He's remodeled it a couple of times.  It's probably worth 3 - 4 Mill. And he has a ranch in northern Callie. And he has some other real estate.  He works a lot of weekends doing celebrity appearances and selling his signature.  He does the comic conventions too.  He's on TV fairly regularly and gets bit parts in movies.  He is huge over seas.  And he has a few endorsement contracts.  Louie is always working.  I wouldn't say he's poor.
ok, sounds like he's well off then,,, unless he donates the money from the pics to charity, hes a jerk!

Rottmag

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2006, 10:52:11 PM »
You should stop posting on his behalf, Romano.

Every time you do, you make HIM look like a BIGGER assclown and greedy fuck!

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2006, 10:53:15 PM »

in other words, he's a complete greedy asshole
I am a mini beast

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2006, 10:56:16 PM »
"... He's still living in his house in Santa Monica - north of Wilshire..."

Perhaps north of Wilshire, but south of San Vincente. And everybody knows that the High Rollers all kick-it north of San Vincente. ;)

4th St. stairs tomorrow morning Romano... be there!
a

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2006, 10:58:11 PM »
He's not poor.  Bob Chic said he was clearing decent money at the olympia a few years back.. maybe 10 grand or something?

Very vague memory about this.

John Romano

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2006, 11:05:35 PM »
You should stop posting on his behalf, Romano.

Every time you do, you make HIM look like a BIGGER assclown and greedy f**k!

Fine...

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
  • DC Comics Pro and TEAM MUSCLECENTER
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2006, 11:11:09 PM »
As a person who is part of the comic book industry, I can say that Louie rarely has anyone at his table at comic book conventions.  He is often seated near "Wrestling Superstar" Virgil alongside other washed-up actors/actresses.  At least when I walk by Lou's table, he has maybe 2 people within 30 feet of him.  Virgil, however...sad....   :-\

:D

SM

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
  • DC Comics Pro and TEAM MUSCLECENTER
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2006, 11:22:44 PM »
hmm...ok, so I was wrong about the comic-book conventions...

no biggie.... oh and he does charge at comic conventions, the same amount as any of his othe appearances  :)   Marvel doesn't give a shit about Lou and wouldn't pay for him to appear anyplace.

SM

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2006, 11:45:35 PM »
no biggie.... oh and he does charge at comic conventions, the same amount as any of his othe appearances  :)   Marvel doesn't give a shit about Lou and wouldn't pay for him to appear anyplace.

SM

I worked with Marvel a couple times (i was on issue #204 Conan magazine) and a marvel artist Alan Ribeniwitz told me differently, so that comes as a surprise.